Darkness Light

By NicoleRoach

Anibeth is a normal sixteen year old girl, except for one thing. Her parents are huge Angel and Demon freaks... More

Darkness Light
The First Problem
Angel or Not
Lighting up the Stars
Lunch Time Madness
Security Steps Up
Payback
Demon in Question
Bad News
Lost Looks
Separate Circles
Teacher Crazy
Mistaken Touch
One Lucky Demon
Finally Lost
Kidnapped
Kidnapped...Again
Do Not Touch
Trouble in Paris
Eggs and Pancakes
Understanding
Girl Trouble
Hiding Memories
Strange Captive
Just Talking
History
The Past
The Seals
Dilemma
Triangles
Kidnapped........Yet Again
Father Dearest
Persephone
Secrets
Escape
Almost
To much
To Live or Die
Mirrors
Home
First Kiss
Death
Angel Speak
Choices

Learning the Truth

131 3 0
By NicoleRoach

New Chapter

~~

Ani stood in a long dark hallway; she could dimly see doors or other halls branching off of it. Something about the hall scared her, but she took a step forward. The need to see what was down the hall growing, along with her fear of it.

David opened a door next to her and pushed her inside suddenly. He gave her a tight smile. "Don't want to stay out there for to long."

Ani glared at him for a moment, then looked around the room she was now in. It was small, though bigger then the room she had been trapped in. A small dinning table sat in the middle of the room with four chairs around it. Jason sat in the chair facing the door, Brice sat on his left.

Ani's eyes narrowed, of course they would be here. She wouldn't be surprised if the whole damn football team was here, they were all under David's thumb.

Ani watched as Brice and Jason continued to sit at the table eating, they hadn't noticed her and David yet. She looked at what they were eating and suddenly felt sick. They were eating raw steak. Could a person even eat raw steak and survive? Her stomach lurched as she watched the blood drip from the pieces they had cut up.

David grinned at his friends. "Hey guys, look who decided to finally leave her room." He walked over to the table as the guys looked at her. Still smiling he pulled out the chair next to Jason. "Come, sit. Please."

Ani hesitated. Did she really want to sit with these people? No. Did she really have a choice? Probably not. Taking a deep breath she strode over to the table and sat in the chair David still held out for her. She avoided looking at their food, not wanting to throw up.

Jason growled slightly. "Why the hell did you bring her here?"

David glared at him as he sat across from him. "She said she was hungry. We have to feed her and this is where we eat. Would you rather I leave her locked in that room and you explain to Grell why she's terrified of us?"

Grell? Who the hell was Grell? Ani thought, watching them glare at each other. He sounded important, he sounded like some one in charge. Had he ordered them to kidnap her, or just to watch her? She had so many questions.

Jason interrupted her thinking. "Fine, just get it over with. Feed her then send her back to her room." He shoved a piece of steak in his mouth and Ani felt her stomach lurch.

Ani sighed. "I thought you said you would explain everything. If were just here to eat and fight then send me back to that god awful room."

Both Brice and Jason suddenly became very interested in their food and a shadow passed over David's face. Suddenly he smiled. "We will talk, though I said over lunch and we're not eating yet. So what would you like to eat?"

Ani watched him for a moment. Could she trust him? A very large part of her said she was crazy for even thinking she could. Then a very, very small part whispered for her to listen and do as he said. It whispered about secrets she could learn. "I would like a grilled cheese sandwich." She paused. "Please." She added as an after thought. She didn’t want to upset him.

David nodded and glanced at the guys, they were watching them now. With a sigh he raised his hand in the air. "Alright." He snapped his fingers.

For a moment nothing happed and Ani wondered if this was all some sick joke. Then the room suddenly got much colder and the air seemed to vibrate. Ani felt a small painful twist in her gut and bit her lip to stop a whimper. The room got darker and Ani could feel the shadows in the room moving, suddenly very frightened she closed her eyes and clenched her fists.

After a few moments she felt the room slowly return to normal, though she kept her eyes closed. "Open your eyes Ani." David whispered.

Slowly she opened then and felt all the breath leave her. A grilled cheese sandwich sat in front of her. She looked at David; a rare steak was in front of him. He wasn't looking at her." Wh-what just happened?" Her voice shook.

He still didn't look at her. "Eat, please. It's good, I promise."

Ani glared at him. What the hell was wrong with him? Why was he acting like a beaten dog? He had kidnapped her not the other way around. Slowly she took a bite of the sandwich. She really couldn't taste a thing. "It's good." He still wouldn't look at her. "Alright I'm eating. Now explain to me why the hell I'm here, what the hell did you just do?"

David glanced at her. "You are very special Ani. A lot of people have been looking for you for a very long time."

Ani put her sandwich down. That didn’t answer her question. What in the word was he talking about? "What are you saying? I'm anything but special." Years of being bullied had taught her that.

David gave her a sad smile and reached for her hand, she tensed slightly as he took it. Slowly he turned her hand over and looked at her wrist; it was covered in scars and raw from the cuffs. He started brushing his fingers up and down her scars. "Why would someone so beautiful do this to themselves?" He mumbled almost to himself. He wrapped his hand around her wrist and closed his eyes. "What I did was this."

Ani's wrist was suddenly burning and very painful. She felt the same feeling she felt when Luke grabbed her shook down her arm to David's hand. David cursed and ripped his hand away. Ani looked at her wrist, it was completely healed, even the scars were gone. Ani was too shocked to say anything. What was happening? Had she finally gone crazy? Was any of this even real?

David shook out his hand and chuckled. "That really hurt, and I know pain. I never realized you had that much power."

Jason suddenly stood, causing Ani to jump. She had forgotten that he and Brice were even there. "If you're done playing around, you need to tell her." He left. After a moments hesitation Brice stood as well. "Good luck David." He whispered as he ran from the room.

David glared at the door. "Cowards." He mumbled under his breath. He turned back to Ani. Taking a deep breath he put his hand on the table. "Ani do you believe your parents? Like all the stuff they write about?"

Ani suddenly became confused. What did any of this have to do with her parent’s books?? She shook her head. "No. I don't believe in Angels and Demons."

David sighed. "You should. They are real, they walk among us everyday."

Ani didn't believe him, either she was right and she was crazy, or David was the crazy one and he had drugged her. She looked at him, he was completely serious. "How do I know you're telling the truth? You kidnapped me, that doesn't really give me a reason to trust you."

David shook his head. "I didn't kidnap you; I saved you from your kidnappers. As for your question. Why would I lie to you?"

Ani leaned away from him. Why would he lie to her? What could he gain from this? Nothing came to mind. She shook her head. "I was never kidnapped." She whispered. It was the only thing he said that she could even start to wrap her mind around.

David nodded. "Yes you were. When you were born your mother stole you from your father and gave you to someone else. Your father has been looking for you for a very long time."

Ani was so confused. Her mother never took her from her father, and what did all of this have to do with anything she had asked? "What does this have to do with Angels and Demons?"

David went to take her hand but she pulled it away, she didn't want him touching her. "Ani have your parents told you the story of Savanna?"

Ani nodded, the familiar story slipping from her lips before she could stop it. "Savanna was Lucifer's wife before he fell; even after he fell she still loved him. Not only was she connected to him by love, but she was also caring his child. The Angels wanted her to kill the child, while the Demons wanted it for evil. So Savanna gave her daughter to a vampire who had never chosen a side to watch over her until she could find another way to protect her."

David looked into her eyes. "It's a true story Ani."

Ani stared at him in shock. Everything in her screamed that he had finally lost it. Except for that tiny whisper in the back of her mind. "How do you know?" She questioned.

David stood up and took a deep breath. "I know because I am a Hunter. I hunt Angels and humans for my King. I am feared..." he trailed off as he saw the look of fear on her face.

Ani finished what he had been saying. "Feared by all and respected by even King Lucifer, Lord of Hell." Her voice was small. Her parents never wrote a book on Hunters, but they’d told her the stories. She had nightmares after she learned about them.

David was watching her. "I am a Demon. Charged by Hell to find our princess. You are my princess, Ani. My whole reason for living is to find you, and now I have. My life goal is complete."

Ani finally stopped listening to the tiny voice in her head. David had lost it, Demons weren’t real. She wasn't a princess. "No. I am not Savannas daughter, you are not a Demon, and I am not a princess. You're crazy David." She left no room for argument in her voice.

David sat back down and glared at her. "Crazy? If I'm crazy then explain this." His eye turned completely black. Then the lights went out.

Ani froze as she heard David's chair scape across the ground. Her breathing quickened and her heart raced. She felt David's breath on her ear. "Are you frightened?" Ani jumped and swung around to hit him, but she only hit air. Terror filled her and she was having trouble breathing. She felt his breath on the back of her neck and went to hit him. Again she only hit air. She heard him chuckle.

She covered her ears and shouted. "Leave me alone!" She felt a painful twist in her gut and felt the air vibrate. She heard the chairs slamming into the walls. Then suddenly the lights flickered back on.

Ani looked around the room, breathing deeply. The table was flipped over against the wall across from her and the chairs were smashed into tiny pieces. She turned and saw David behind her, rubbing his head. "David," she whispered, "what was that?"

David chuckled and walked over to her. "That was my proof. You brought the lights on, you destroyed the room. My princess." He knelt down in front of her.

The tiny voice in Ani's head grew louder. Was she really Lucifer's daughter? The only one who could win the war, who was more powerful then either side? The voice said yes.

David stood and offered his hand. "My princess."

Ani hesitated for a moment, then shook the doubt from her mind and took his hand.

Continue Reading