Darkness Light

Alright! so this is the new chapter one. I'll update the rest like...now, I'l say if it's new or not at the begining of each chapter. hope you enjoy it!

~~

The pain came slowly, almost to slow. The girl took a deep, shaky, breath. Wanting the feeling she pulled the blade across her skin again and shivered as she felt the sting of her skin separating. The rush of the pain filling her caused a soft sigh to slip from her lips.

She sat for a moment, enjoying the pain, before slowly; her deep blue black eyes opened and looked around her at the walls she knew so little about. The white walls of her bathroom reminded her of a hospital, including all of the stains and faded yellow spots, and the ducky shower curtain disgusted her. She glanced at her wrist, the blood creeping down her arm from the three cuts she had just finished making.

With a sigh she stood from the toilet and took the three steps to her sink. She turned on the freezing water and watched the blood swirl down the drain, fascinated with the simplicity of it all. Once the bleeding slowed she grabbed her bandages and wrapped them around her wrist. She really didn’t see a reason for it, but the last time she hadn’t it got infected and her parents had found out what she did.

She grabbed a black jacket and slipped it over her black shirt; she then grabbed her fingerless black gloves and put them on. Reaching down she grabbed an old brown rucksack and slipped it on her shoulder.

As she opened the bathroom door a female voice reached her. "Anibeth the bus is here!" cursing she ran down the stairs, her black hair with blood red streaks streaming out behind her. Her mom could have at least told her what it was almost time to go instead of waiting for the bus to show up.

She ripped open the door to her house and jumped down the three concrete steps to her concrete walkway. The grass from her lawn already turning brown from the freezing weather winter had created. Not that she had ever seen it green anyway.

The long pasty yellow bus waited for her at the end of the walkway, she quickly jumped on and showed the driver her brand new bus pass.

The driver was a male in his late forties; he had greying, short brown hair with dull brown eyes. Wrinkles already covered his tired face; he wore a white shirt with jeans. "The bus gets here at 7:23 and leaves at 7:24. Don't be late again." He sounded bored, not at all like an authority figure.

Anibeth nodded, not really caring, and walked to the back of the bus. If he wasn’t going to sound in charge she wasn’t going to listen. Only three other kids were on the bus and they all sat in the front. Sighing she sat in the last seat and pulled out her IPod, determined not to talk to any of them.

Turing on Three Days Grace World so Cold she looked at herself, once again trying to figure out what made her feel so different. She was five eleven and only weighed about 120 pounds, very unhealthy for a sixteen year old yet her last check up had told her she was fine. So either her doctor was a quack or she was a freak.

Anibeth glanced at the clock on her IPod, 7:40. Looking up she saw no one was sitting in the last three seats of the bus, except for her; the whole front of the bus was crowded with people however.

She started to get up, wondering if there was some kind of rule, when the bus shuttered to a stop and fifteen very large boys in white and black football jerseys crowded on. They pushed their way to the back of the bus and surrounded her. Just her luck.

The biggest sat next to her, he had short light brown hair with hazel eyes, his jersey had the number 67 on it. "You're in my spot." he grunted.

Anibeth glared at him. "I don't see your name on it." she shot back. She hated people who though with a little bit of muscle and good looks they could control the world.