Trouble in Paris

New Chapter

~~

Ani immediately knew she was dreaming. The first thing that pointed out this fact was that she was standing on the Eiffel Tower; she had never been to Paris. No matter how much she had begged her parents to take her. The second thing was that everything looked older, and a fair was being held below her. There were no modern buildings, no cars, the sky was filled with smoke, and she could faintly hear horses below her.

Jake was standing next to her, he wore black trousers with a matching waistcoat and a high buttoned... sack coat, her mind told her what it was even though she had never heard of it before, he also wore a bow tie and she could see the gold chain of a pocket watch.

She looked at herself; she wore a light blue day dress with a high v-shaped neckline, the long sleeves flared out at the ends. She could feel the tightness of her corset under her dress. Her hair was pinned atop her head with ringlets down the sides of her face.

Jake looked at her. "Are you enjoying your self my dear Cecil?" He asked her in French. Two major things bothered Ani about that, the first was that she didn't speak French yet she understood him. The second was that he had called her Cecil, she knew that wasn't her name yet it sounded almost right.

She, or Cecil, smiled at him and nodded. "It is lovely Jacob. You can witness everything from this height. It is wonderful."

He put his hands on the railing and leaned over slightly. "Today is the first day it is open, no one has seen what you see now. I wanted to give you this moment."

Ani/Cecil looked at him confused and frowned. "What ever do you mean? We are aloud to come back, correct?"

Ani noticed the flash of pain in his eyes that Cecil ignored after she heard his words. "Of course, whenever you like."

Cecil smiled, not hearing the sadness in his voice that Ani heard. "Wonderful. I wish to come every day, with you." Ani could feel Cecil's love for the man standing beside her. It was strange, it felt familiar yet new.

Suddenly a loud crash had them turning and looking at the door to the stairs. A man, dressed similarly to Jake, burst through the door. He had short dark brown hair with blue almost grey eyes. He smiled as he saw them. "There you are." Ani got a very bad feeling from him, so did Cecil.

Jake suddenly wrapped his arm around her waist and ripped her away from the railing. The moment they were a few feet from it a woman appeared over the edge, she wore a red day dress like Cecil and had long golden hair with bright green eyes. "I found her first." She growled at the man.

Jake turned her towards him. "Cecil do not look at them. Look at me." He put his hands on either side of her face to make her look at him.

Cecil looked into his eyes; she knew something horrible was going to happen. Something in her also knew it had happened before.

Ani suddenly thought of the fire that woke her from her dreams every night. She realized she could feel it slightly where Jake was touching her, or Cecil.

"Jacob I am frightened." Cecil whispered as she looked into his eyes. Ani could feel the way Cecil wanted nothing more then to be hidden in his arms.

Jake gave a soft loving smile. "Do not be. I am here." He put his forehead against hers and took a deep breath.

Ani felt the fire heat up slightly and knew Cecil could feel it slightly now. She watched Cecil glance at the ground. "Do you love me Jacob?"

Ani watched him freeze and the soft expression disappeared. He looked at her. "More then I have ever loved. I would die without you."

Cecil smiled. "And I without you. I love you more then the air that keeps me breathing." Ani could feel the truth in her words.

Jake looked heart broken. "Never forget that I love you." He leaned in and kissed her lips before she could ask what he meant.

The moment his lips touched hers her body caught fire. Everything was burning inside her. The fire consumed her completely in its painful grasp.

Right before Ani could scream herself she heard the two strangers scream in rage. Then she was lost to the pain