SILENT [1] || HARRY POTTER ⚡️

Por haiikyuuta

silent; [adj.] no making or accompanied by any sound; not expressed aloud. ENGLISH. A newly transferred mute... Más

Disclaimer
cast ; unofficial
plot; part one
one ; the marauders map
two ; merry christmas
three ; the patronus
five ; friends
six ; darcy black
playlist ; part two
seven ; floo tongues
eight ; foreign schools
nine ; i-rrr-land!
ten ; his mark
eleven ; hogwash
twelve ; king's cross
thirteen ; mad-eye moody
fourteen ; foreign schools pt.2
fifteen ; alone
sixteen ; daily prophet
seventeen ; death eater
eighteen ; hello, old friend
nineteen ; thanks
twenty ; naive, am i
twenty-one ; ask me?
twenty-two ; versus
twenty-three ; versus pt. 2
twenty-four ; last minute
twenty-five ; yule ball
twenty-six ; stupefy
twenty-seven ; second task
twenty-eight ; recovery
twenty-nine; nott
thirty ; completion
thirty-one ; see the good
thirty-two ; the greenlight
thirty-three ; surely, they believe
thirty-four ; the fools are at peace
thirty-five ; "if he's happy"
plot ; part three
thirty-six ; little whinging
thirty-seven ; welcome to hell
thirty-eight ; the order of the phoenix
thirty-nine ; half nobles
forty ; letters
forty-one ; prefects !
forty-two ; oddly rude
forty-three ; obligations
forty-five ; breakfast
forty-six ; professor, shut up
forty-seven ; the stories hands tell

four ; dementor's kiss

665 21 2
Por haiikyuuta

a/n: no ophelia flash back :( IAND EXCUSE THE TYPOS LOLOLOL

Harry had head Ron's complaints about Hermione being at different classes. Though, he didn't have time to fathom the mystery of Hermione's impossible schedule at the moment; her really needed to get on with Snape's essay. However, he was interrupted by Wood, who had told him the sad truth that he couldn't get his broom back.

The passing of January went by quickly to February. Harry still didn't order a new broom and resulted in asking McGonagall for news on the Fire-bolt. And she always snapped, saying that it wasn't ready.

  Harry even saw Hermione and Darcy walking together a few times, and it sort of made him irritated. She knew who Darcy Black was--the daughter of Sirius Black. He was betrayed that Hermione would speak to the girl, and even more displeased because Hermione was hanging out with a Slytherin.  

  Yet, Harry and Ron were not on speaking terms with Hermione ever since the start of term when she tattled on them with the broom. It was bound that Hermione would find a friend.  

The lesson's with Lupin weren't going as well. He could only produce that same silvery wisp as the first try. Though, he didn't pass out. Professor Ophelia had stopped coming as, she claimed that she had plenty of assignments to grade--even mentioned Hermione being top in that class. Though, on the forth week, she looked much more ill. Lupin seemed to deepily care for the Professor, as he actually kissed the woman on the forehead and watched her leave, right past Harry.

"You're expecting too much of yourselves," said Professor Lupin sternly in their that same week of practice. "For a thirteen-year-old wizard, even an indistinct Patronus is a huge achievement. You aren't passing out anymore, are you?"

"I thought a patronus would--charge the dementor's down or something," said Harry dispiritedly. "Make them disappear--"

"The true patronus does do that," said Lupin. "But you've achieved a great deal in a very short space of time. If the dementors put in an appearance at your next quidditch mathc, you will be able to keep them at bay long enough to get back on the ground."

"You said it's harder if there are loads of them," said Harry.

"Professor Black and I have complete confidence in you," said Lupin, smiling. "Here--you've earned a drink--something from the Three Broomstick. You won't have tried it before--"

He pulled two bottles out of his brief case.

"Butterbeer!" said Harry without thinking. "Yeah, I like that stuff!"

Lupin raised an eyebrow.

"Oh--Ron and Hermione brought me some back from Hogsmeade," Harry lied quickly.

"I see," said Lupin, though he was a little suspicious. "Well--let's drink to a Gryffindor victory against Ravenclaw! Not that I'm supposed to take sides, as a teacher..." he added quickly.

They drank in silence, and when Harry asked what was under a dementors hood, the response was quite interesting a frightful.

"The people who have seen it aren't in any condition to to tell us," said Lupind. "The dementor only lower the hood to use its last and worst weapon."

"What's that?"

"They call it the Dementor's kiss," said Lupin, with a slightly twisted smile. "It's what dementors do to those they wish to utterly destroy. I supposed there myst be some kind of mouth under there, because they clamp their jaws upon the mouth of the victim and--and suck out their souls."

Harry accidentally spat out a bit of his butterbeer. He recalled that Professor Black had complained about almost being "kissed" by them.

"What--they kill--?"

"Oh no," said Lupin, though his eyes were very much solemn. "Much worse than that. You can exist without your soul, you know, as long as the brain and heart work. But you'll have no sense of self...no memory. There's no chance of recovery at all. You'll just exist as an empty shell. And your souls is gone forever...lost."

Lupin drank a little more of his butter beer, then said, "It's the fate that awaits Sirius Black. It was in the Daily Prophet this morning. The Ministry gave the dememtors permission if they find him."

Harry sat stunned for a moment at the idea of Professor Black actually being a close victim of getting her soul sucked out through her mouth.  But then, he thought of her murdering brother.

"He deserves it," he said suddenly.

"You think so?" said Lupin lightly. "Do you really think anyone deserves that?"

"Yes," said arry defiantly. "For...for some things..."

He would have liked to tell Lupin of the conversation he overhead at the Three Broomsticks, about Sirius Black betraying his mother and father, and Professor Black almost getting kissed, but it would have involved him revealing he went to Hogmeade without permission. Harry knew Lupin wouldn't be impressed with that. So he finished his butterbeer, thanked Lupin, and left te History of Magic Classroom.

Though, Harry had a pleasant surprise as he bumped into Professor McGonagall just three halls down with a very stricken Professor Black.

"Do watch where you're going, Potter!" McGonagall said.

"Sorry, Professor--"

"I've just been looking for you in the Gryffindor common room. Well, here it is, we've done everything we could think of, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it at all. You've got a very good friend somewhere, Potter..."

Harry's jaw dropped, she held out his Firebolt to him.

"I can have it?" Harry said weakly. "Seriously?"

"Seriously," said Professor McGonagall, and she was smiling. She told him to win, as it would be Gryffindor's eighth year in a row.

Harry was shocked, as he numbly ran towards the Gryffindor Tower. Though, he ran into Darcy Black as she walked down the stairs that lead to the tower.

She was equipped with her loads of books and her green robe was tucked right under her arm. THough, they all fell down the stairs when Harry accidentally shoved her shoulder. He hadn't known it was her, but when there was no sudden gasp, he looked back down from the stairs.

THere, she was, picking up her fallen stuff delicately. Se didn't so much as say anything, and it made Harry feel much worse than it should. PLacing the Firebolt on the nearest wall, he walked down the stairs to help her.

"I'm sorry," he said, bending down to pick of the green robe and the massive book the was near to him. "I didn't mean to shove you..."

Darcy glanced up at him with a kind smile, though it looked like it was forced. She waved her hand, and glowling letters had appeared, saying, "I'm guessing you were in a rush?"

The letter's that appeared from her hands were similar to how Tom Riddle had spelled out his name last year in the chamber of secrets. It shocked Harry, as it looked like very advanced magic. Though, he first assumed it must've been dark magic, Harry scolded himself. Darcy's writing was much more different, as they were in delicate letters.

Recovering from the shock, Harry helped Darcy up and handed her stuff. He caught one of her books that intrigued him much like how it intrigued Hermione. "Reverse Cursing?" said Harry.

Darcy nodded, slowly moving down the stairs. The letters appeared in front of her again. "Extra studying I'm doing with Professor Black..."

Harry had caught that she didn't refer to Professor Black as "mum". He glanced suspiciously at her as he grabbed the Firebolt from the wall. "Has Professor Black been with you for the past month?"

This time, it was Darcy's turn to be slighlty suspicious of Harry. He asked a lot of questions. "She has, Harry. I presume you've been with Lupin for anti-dementor lessons?"

Harry nodded. 

Darcy pointed at the broom he held. "Nice fire-bolt. You've got a match against Ravenclaw, right?"

"Thanks," said Harry, "and we do...Finally got it back."

Darcy nodded, though she felt the slight awkwardness between them. "I hope you win, then," the words said. "You probably deserve it more than anyone."

Harry was shocked as he read those words. "Why--Thanks, Darcy...Guess I'll see you Saturday..."

The two departed, and although Harry had a deep grudge on Sirius Black and sort of settled it on Darcy, Darcy couldn't help but feel her stomach elevate. 

Though, it left Harry feeling guilty for assuming so much on Darcy just because she was a Slytherin and his daughter. 

He'd made it up the stairs, where Ron actually neared the corner and they both entered the common room with light hearts and good cheers.

They both met Hermione at on end of the common room, but Ron had left to put the broom away. Hermione had the table in front of them cluttered with essays. There was even a "Why Muggles Need Electricity" essay that was extremly long.

"How're you getting through all this stuff?" Harry asked her.

"Oh, you know, working hard," said Hermione. Harry noticed that her face was just as tired as Professor Black and Lupin.

"Why don't you just drop a couple of subjects?" Harry asked, watching her lifting books as she searvhed for her rune dictionary.

"I couldn't do that!" said Hermione, looking scandalized.

"Arithmancy looks terrible," said Harry, picking up a very complicated-looking number chart. "And you've also got reverse cursing?"

Hermione igniored the last part of his question. "Oh no, Arithmancy is wonderful--"

She didn't get through the end of her sentence, as a strangled yell echoed down the boys' staircase. The whole common room fell silent, staring, petrified, at the entrance. Then came hurried footsteps--and then Ron came leaping into view, dragging with him a bed-sheet.

It was the matter that Scabbers was presumably dead that made Hermione spend more time with Darcy. Harry didn't see how Ron and Hermione would ever actually make up.

Harry actually does think that Crookshanks ate Scabbers--it was natural cat behavior. So when he met with Hermione, who had invited Darcy from the Slytherin table to eat one morning, trying ti say that the evidence actually did point that way.

"Okay, side with Ron, I knew you would!" she said shrilly. "First the Firebolt, now Scabbers, everything's always my fault, isn't it! Just leave me alone, Harry, I've got a lot of work to do now!" She pulled along a wide-eyed Darcy out of the Great Hall.

. . . 

After the last practice on Friday, the next morning Harry strode into the Great Hall with his Firebolt in hand. A lot of people turned to look at the Firebolt, and a good deal of excitement was bustling throughout the hall. He also saw that the Slytherin team were all thunder-struck, which gave Harry extreme satisfaction.

He saw Darcy gloomily looking at her table, giving even Malfoy a dirty eye as he spoke to the table. Harry felt a little bad for her, as she didn't seem to belong in the house as much as others have.

"Did you see his face?" Ron said gleefully, looking back at Malfoy. "He can't believe it! Brilliant!"

Wood, the captain, had told Harry to place the broom on the table. A few Hufflepuff's and Ravenclaw's soon came over to the table for a look. Cedric Diggory even came over to congratulate Harry on the replacement.

Draco Malfoy even came over for a closer look, along with Crabbe and Goyle behind him. From even behind the three gits, Darcy spotted Harry's eye over their shoulders and began to stand after Malfoy was done with his taunting.

As Malfoy walked past Darcy, he shoved her shoulder which she just slightly blocked. She threw a dirty glare at him and lifted her hands and waving them around.  The next thing they see was Malfoy hiccuping as he spoke with the Slytherin table.

Darcy, a look of accomplishment on her face, stood above Harry. He stood up, though he felt a little embarrassed as there was no point to stand. 

"Hermione wanted to wish her best luck," her words said in the air. "I also came here to do so as well...Hermione's a little busy with school work."

Harry nodded dumbly, and he stared at the neat and beautiful glowing words between them. "Thank you, Darcy. Tell Hermione I said thanks, though."

Placing a hand on his elbow, Darcy nodded. "No problem, wish I could see the game though, but I may catch it later on. So...bye, Harry." And with that she tucked a hair behind her ear and left the Great Hall, leaving Harry and the Gryffindor table a little shocked.

"Oh, okay," Harry meekly said, as she went.

"Harry--mate, who is she?" Fred said, as he stared open mouthed at him. "She's a Slytherin--and--and you're ogling her!"

Harry tossed a dirty look at the twins as they both were giving him mischievous smiles. He didn't know why it was such a big deal that he spoke to Darcy. Maybe it was the events of two nights ago, when she had made him feel much more different than he had about her. 

She did was a nice smile. She wasn't like a Slytherin...and if Hermione so much as hung out with the girl...she couldn't be that bad.

"That's Professor Black's daughter, Darcy Black," said Ginny, munching on her toast. "Most of the Slytherin's in fifth year hate her, but Hermione says that everyone else adores how bubbly she is. I'd thought you guys knew that already."

It was odd to hear of Professor Black's name through someone else's mouth. Most of the time Harry has seen the Professor, she was rather glum.

"Oh, Hermione says" Ron said, rolling his eyes. "When's her opinion got any authority?"

Ginny glared at her brother. "Did I say it had authority, Ron?"

Ron said nothing back, but focused his attention on Harry. "So, Harry, when did you start talking to Darcy?" he asked.

Harry shrugged, moving around the pieces of food on his plate. "She's quite nice, actually..." Harry answered. "And not long, maybe two nights ago."

Fred, George, and Ron both gave him an odd look. Harry felt the need to defend himself. 

"She's not like other Slytherin--her own mum's even teaching muggle studies!" said Harry, looking defiantly at the three. 

Ron gave in, because Wood had ordered the team it was time to go. With that, Harry dressed himself and walked over to the Quidditch field, already hundreds of students were cheering for either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor--and gladly, Gryffindor ended up screaming their lungs when Harry had won even when three fake dementors had tried to attack him.

Searching the crowd, though, he actually did see Darcy with Ginny cheering for the Gryffindor team. He wished that she could join him and the team at the party, only because she was very lonely. Harry could imagine the taunts thrown at her when the Slytherin's saw their own cheering for Gryffindor.

Fred and George disappeared a few ago, but came back with bottle of butter beer, pumpkin fiz, and several bags of sweets from Honeydukes. 

"How'd you do that?" squealed Angelina Johnson as George started throwing Peppermint Toads into the crowd.

"With a little help from Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, Prongs, and Foxtrot," Fred murmured in Harry's ear.

Only one person wasn't joining in the festivities. Hermione, incredibly, was sitting in a corner, attempting to read an enormous book entitled Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles. Harry broke away from the table where Fred and George had started juggling butterbeer bottles and went over to her.

"Did you even come to the match?" he asked her, as he didn't see her with Darcy.

"Of course I did," said Hermione in a strangely high-pitched voice, not looking up. "And I'm very glad we won, and I think you did really well, but I need to read this by Monday."

Harry had tried his very best to let Hermione losen up, but even she knew that it would end badly. And she was right, because Ron had made Hermione cry in order for her to admit she wasn't right. 

"Can't you give her a break?" Harry asked quietly.

"No," said Ron flatly. "If she acted like she was sorry--but she won't. And when are you going to tell me about Darcy Black and you?"

Harry suddenly didn't like how Ron was trying to point the attention away from the actual problem.

"I don't see as there's anything going on between Darcy and I," he said defiantly, again. "Haven't I told you earlier today?"

"So?" said Ron as he plopped down on the couch. "Enlighten me. You did ogle her like she--I dunno--different."

Harry didn't want to talk about Darcy, because there was nothing to talk about. But, maybe that was him trying to hide the weird feeling in his stomach.

"I ran into her when I got my Firebolt," Harry said irritably. "And she--she was very quite and I felt really bad for knocking her down her books..."

Ron nodded. "But she's also Sirius Black's daughter," he said in a hushed tone. "You even snapped at me during end term..." he grumbled.

Harry nodded. It was odd how thoughts could change within months. He just felt guilty of assuming of she was a pure-blood freak...But being that her supposed "mum", Professor Black, was the muggle studies teacher.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that, I was just caught up on...finding out who Sirius Black is," Harry apologized.

Not a while longer, McGonagall had shut down the party. The boys and girls had cleaned up and headed to bed. It was only a few hours, when everyone was asleep, a loud scream was heard from Ron's bed.

The entire dorm was up immediately, though not entirely as the Harry was disorientated. Dean Thomas had lit his lamp, revealing a much frightened Ron.

"Black! Sirius Black! With a knife!"

"What?"

"Here! Just NOw!"

After much fussing, the group of boys finally took this down to the common room. Ron was still saying he saw Sirius Black, and they were still saying if he was sure he wasn't dreaming. Percy, had tried numerous times to get the people back to bed, as he too didn't believe Ron.

It was then that Professor McGonagall had slammed the portrait door and scolded them all for not being in bed and still containing the party.

 "IT WASN'T NIGHTMARE!" Ron yelled. "PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE!"

Professor McGonagall stared at him.

"Don't be ridiculous, Weasley, how could he possibly have gotten through the portrait hole?"

"Ask him!" Ron pointed  a shaky finger at the back of Sir Cadogan's picture. "Ask him if he saw--"

Glaring suspiciously at ROn, Professor Gonagall pushed the potrait back opne and went outside. The whole common room listened with silence.

"Sir Cadogan, did you just let a man enter Gryffindor Tower?"

"Certainly, good lady!" cried Sir Cadogan.

"You--you did?" said Professor McGonagall. "But--but the password!"

He had em'!" said the portrait proudly. "Had the whole week's, my lady! Red 'em off a little piece of paper!"

[a/n: "neville you don fucked up"]

Professor McGonagall pulled herself back through the portrait hole to face the stunned crowd. She was white as chalk.

"Which person," she said, her voice shaking, "which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?"

Albeit it being Neville Longbottom, Harry couldn't help but feel worried for Darcy Black and suspecting Professor Black...

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

22.4K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...
899K 32.8K 21
「𝗗𝗘𝗩𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡」❝Thanks for keeping your promises ❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Tabitha Longbottom is known as the quietest and most innocent Hufflepuff of her...
42.2K 875 44
What if there was more to the Prophecy of Harry Potter? Dumbledore has more than just memories to share with Harry this year. Love was the one thing...
2.2M 72.3K 49
❝I think-I think I'm in love. I know it sounds crazy, but I really think she's the one.❞ ••••• Naomi Serdeys is peculiar, that was for sure. Despite...