Losing Kim Taehyung

By agustdickk

"Let's date." In which Kim Taehyung has a thing with all the things Kwon Areum didn't like. Parties, beers, s... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five // finale
note

ten

2.2K 123 16
By agustdickk

You'll always be my favorite hello

————————

I spent the Friday night and the whole Saturday with Sungjae and his family. His mom was too overjoyed to see me, and made sure I was comfortable in their abode. We watched some horror movies with his family in the living room that Friday night, and he kept whispering to me that he wished Sooyoung was next to him, so he wouldn't be scared. I only rolled my eyes, thinking that if she was here or not, he'd still scream like a baby girl.

Then, I slept on his bed while he slept on that huge couch inside his room. Sungjae's bed was maybe twice as huge as my bed at home, so I really had a good night sleep. But before we slept, we played his video games and sneaked out of the house every 2 AM for two consecutive nights after—morning rather, just to eat in an fast-food chain with almost no customers. We walked along the dim empty streets with only a few lamp posts lighting our way. We felt free in those nights. Laughing, running and not giving a shit about the world. That was freedom.

My mom had to pick me up on a Sunday morning. My mom and Sungjae's mom talked for a bit while enjoying their own cup of black coffee. After having a brief talk, I thanked them, and then left with my mom. She looked too tired that day as if she haven't slept. Good thing, our house was just near Sungjae's. If not, we might die because of a car accident if she'd continue driving. I really don't have an idea how to drive, so I can't actually pull it over or whatever, and save us from dying.

When weekdays came, I didn't know if I'd be happy to see Taehyung again or not. To be honest, I felt betrayed. Sort of. I know it sounded weird, and I didn't have the right to felt that way, but if I'd sum up all the emotions I was feeling, that would describe it. Betrayal.

It was just that, Taehyung meant the world to me ever since the beginning while for him, I was nothing but just a girl who kept giving him pastel-colored sticky notes after every class. And I wish I could've mean anything to him more than that. If I'm too worthless for him, I might not actually mean anything to him.

Still hoping, maybe he would see me as the girl he kissed in the bathtub? I laughed at that thought to myself. Nah, you wish! He already forgot all about it.

It was already Wednesday when he came back to school. Girls looked forward to see him again as they kept stealing glances at the boy. We didn't say hi to each other that morning—like there was new about it, but we usually talked whenever we see each other; today was an exception. It just felt different. Maybe, only to myself but not for him.

I haven't even give him his recorded answer sheet in Trigonometry. I only got to look at him when he entered the room. Betrayal seemed to be what I was supposed to feel, but when I saw him (even with the shortest glance), it was already replaced with affection and astonishment, like he was the most precious and perfect thing there was.

During lunch break, I joined Yeri and the others for lunch. I didn't know who was with him or with Byunghun. I haven't see the two of them in the cafeteria. When I finished my lunch, I walked to class ten minutes earlier before the bell rang for first period. As I finally reached the corridor, I saw Taehyung talking to someone over the phone. He looked too serious and seemed to be frustrated. I took a quick glance at him before I enter the room.

Taehyung's voice almost turned into a whisper when I got near, "I'm okay. You don't need to worry." He said through his phone. The tone in his voice wasn't the one he usually used—it was a bit sensual, alluring.

He's talking to her. I thought, sighing before entering the room and leaving him alone in the corridor.

The whole afternoon passed, and I didn't understand anything at all from the discussions. My head felt like it was floating. Byunghun tried talking to me during classes, but I only replied with short responses, showing I wasn't really interested at all.

Once the bell rang, I let out a heavy breath as if I've been holding it for the whole day. I immediately grabbed all my things on my desk, and stuffed it inside my bag then exited from the classroom.

I walked behind groups of students as I watched them happily run along the hallway. I heard someone yelled 'hey' from behind, but I didn't look back, and continued walking.

Until, I felt a hand on my shoulder which startled me, and made me jump from surprise. I turned around too see who it was, and once I turned to him, my right shoulder bumped into his left shoulder, noticing we were too close to each other.

Taehyung groaned in pain, and it was written all over face. "Are you okay, Taehyung?" I asked, still with his other hand rested on his pained shoulder. "Looks like you're in real pain." I told him, worrying and tried to touch his shoulder, but he moved away.

"I'm fine. It's just a little sore, I guess." He said, forcing a smile to hide the pain away.

"You should go see a doctor. It might be a fractured bone or what." I said, shifting my attention from his shoulder up to his face. The small scars on his face were visibly clear when I stood just a few inches away from him. Did he get his wounds and probably fractured his shoulder from getting into a fight with someone because of her? If he did, maybe she wasn't as good enough for him as I thought she would be.

"Alright, alright. You worry too much. I'll go to a hospital later." He said as soon as he flashed me his boyish smirk. I looked away because of how good he looked with his boyish smirk, but I was able to compose myself swiftly and asked him what he needed then answered. After that he spoke, "I was just. . . Were you avoiding me?" Taehyung asked, looking deeply into my eyes as if reading the answers through it.

"W-What made you ask that?" I stuttered, keeping an eye-to-eye contact.

"Well, you were obviously ignoring me all day, and you used to give me note after every class. . . except in the previous days since I wasn't able to come to class, but you know what I mean." He said plainly, too plain actually, and I couldn't even read the emotions in his words, but I was glad he noticed it all—almost making me believe that I was actually important to him.

"Ah, I just had a lot of thoughts in my head. . ." I told him, which was true. He's always in my thoughts. Then, I suddenly remembered his answer sheet on Trigonometry inside my bag. I quickly unzip my bag, took the paper, and handed it to him. "Before I almost forgot, here's your paper. You really did a good job!" I said sincerely from the bottom of my heart.

As soon as he took it from my hands, he unfolded the paper and saw his perfect score next to the 'Congratulations! :D' sticky note attached to his paper. He beamed, looking at it and suddenly, it also made me smile, just by looking at his precious smile. "Thank you." He said, with a smile still plastered on his face.

"Oh, should I write you another note?" I asked, taking out my pastel-colored sticky notes from the side pocket of my bag. He tilted his head a little to the side, and asked why. "Just in case you'll forget to go to the hospital or clinic later. It might really be fractured though. It's important to see a doctor, okay?" I said, and I sounded like my mom. I placed the note on my palm and wrote. I could feel him staring while I was writing. When I finished, I placed the sticky note in his forehead, and he took it off and read it, "'Don't forget. Go see a doctor later, okay? Take good care of yourself.'"

He smiled again, and folded the small note neatly as he put it inside his pocket and thanked me for the nth time today. Then, I told him that I loved the songs he gave me, and he was glad I liked it. We then bid each others farewell when I noticed that it was starting to get dark already.

"See you tomorrow!" I told him as I waved my hand at him and stopped my mark to faced him again.

"See you." He said, waving his hand. Feeling myself turning red again, I turned around and left.

Saying goodbye to Taehyung was hard as if I really felt that I would never see him again tomorrow. Like somehow, I'd lose him the moment I say goodbye. . . That's why I never said goodbye to him. I always said 'see you tomorrow', so he'd know that I'll be looking forward to see him the next day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 4K 13
Namjoon knew Taehyung was odd, but.. (Top V)
214 24 10
You've known Kim Taehyung for your whole life. You're going to meet him again at your best friend's party. Alcohol looses your lips and you spill yo...
107K 4.4K 41
where Taekook are cousin and lives with their joint family...both loves to tease each other but can't stay away for long... Both can't stand each oth...
8.8K 401 27
Je Ne Regrette Rien {COMPLETED} ----------------- Secrets (Kim Taehyung fanfic)