Percy Jackson - Heart of Ice

By Thatwriterguy1234

After the Second Giant War Annabeth leaves Percy for immortality. Percy's heart turns ice cold after the "lov... More

Chapter #1
Chapter #2
Chapter #3
Chapter #4
Chapter #5
Chapter #7
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14
The End

Chapter #6

95.6K 1.8K 2.3K
By Thatwriterguy1234

~•3rd POV•~
It had been a year since Percy started his wilderness survival class in Australia, and he was one of the only three students from the starting ten. It was to difficult for the other seven, so they took a helicopter back to the city.

The three that made it back were more physically fit than when they left. They all had learned and experienced a lot in the year long trip. They all learned how to start a fire, build a camp, and hunt for food with their bare hands.

Percy excelled above the other two, and could do all three in under and hour, rather than the couple hours it took the others. His instructor was both impressed and curious of how he could do so well. He became more curious when they were attacked by a group of wild animals(monsters) and Percy dispatched them all in under a minute.

While on the trip Percy would practice his powers in secret, so he wouldn't get rusty. He didn't learn any new abilities, not that he could, but he greatly increased his insurance while using his powers. He could at this point drain all of the water from a chunk of the forest and convert it into ice, then vapor, then back to water. He then would return all of the water to the forest. It was extremely draining. When he first tried he almost passed out, but by the end of the year he could do it multiple times without breaking a sweat.

His physical stamina also drastically increased. He could sprint a marathon sized distance, then run back. While he wasn't at his physical peak, he was pretty darn close.

When the three students and the instructor got back to the city they all went their separate ways. Most of them had grown pretty close, but Percy distanced himself. He knew he wouldn't see them ever again, so he tried not to get to attached to them.

When Percy left the group he went to the beach to think of what to do next. He thought about returning, but he wanted to finished his training completely before he went back. While he had mastered almost all combat skills, he wasn't at his physical peek. His stamina was great, but his strength could be better.

After a while he decided he was going to train his strength. He wouldn't go to a gym, because it wouldn't be nearly enough to increase his strength. He decided he was going to do his strength training on the bottom of the sea. All of the way at the bottom, he was going the the Mariana Trench. He was a son of Poseidon, so he could stand a lot of water pressure, but the bottom of the Mariana Trench would still push him to his limits.

Percy grabbed all of his stuff and walked towards the water. When he reached the end of the beach, where the waves meet the sand, he kept walking. He kept walking till he was completely submerged. He hid his godly aura, so he wouldn't give away his position, then he used the water around him to propel himself forwards.

He shot himself strait to the Mariana Trench. When he was at the top of the trench he could already feel the pressure, and it was a lot. He got into a meditative position and let himself sink to the bottom. On the way down he made a mental map of the trench by sensing where the walls were with his water powers. He sensed a few creatures from fish to monsters, but they all kept their distance. At this distance, even with him masking his aura, they could sense he was powerful.

When he hit the bottom he opened his eyes and tried to stand up. The key word in that sentence is tried, the water pressure was so much that he couldn't stand up. The pressure is 1000x that of sea level, making it excruciatingly hard to move.

After hours of trying he was finally able to stand up. He vowed to himself that he would stay here till he could handle the pressure like it he was on the surface. When he stood up he was sore, after hours of fighting extreme pressure he was already tired. He decided to go into a death trance for a month to help his body to adjust to the new pressure.

~•~•~•~•~•~•Line Break•~•~•~•~•~•~
A month later Percy ended his death trance. He stood up with a lot less struggle. He started to walk around, checking the area out. He stretched out his body. He grimaced when he heard his back pop and crack.

He looked around and decided to make some equipment to train with down there. He used his ice powers to make a weight room, some tools to make a track, and a training room with targets and dummies. He made targets because he thought it was time he learned how to do archery. In all of the schools he went to he never took a single archery class.

He started working on a track. He grabbed a plow he made. He shoved it into the ground and started to drag it behind him in a large oval. The oval he made was a mile in circumference, and had three lanes. It had a start and finish line carved into the ground.

By the time he was done with the track he was aching all over and tired beyond belief. He still wasn't used to the pressure. He went and made an ice mat, where he sat and began a new death trance.

~•~•~•~•~•~•Line Break•~•~•~•~•~•~
A week later he ended the death trance and got up. When he got up he was stiff. He stretched and popped his bones. When he was done he looked around him again. All of his ice stuff had cracks in them from the intense pressure. He frowned and held out his hand. When he pointed his hand at an item the cracks disappeared and the item reformed.

When he was done he walked over to the weight room. He walked over to the bench press area. He sat down and conjured an ice bar. He made two weights. He increased their density till they were one hundred pounds each. He put the weights on the bar before laying down. He began to lift the weights.

By the time he was at fifty he was already struggling. Having to constantly concentrate on the ice bar to keep it from breaking, and lifting the weights at the same time was really taxing him. He kept going till he got to one hundred benches. He turned the ice back into water and laid there for a second.

When he got up he went strait to the track he made. He was sore, but sucked it up and began to run. He ran, and ran, and ran till he couldn't run anymore. He checked how far he ran and groaned when he realized he only ran two miles. He was to tired to continue, and he hadn't even practiced archery or swords. He went over to his mat and sat down to rest.

~•~•~•~•~•~•Line Break•~•~•~•~•~•~
~•9 Months Later•~
~•On Olympus•~
The Olympians were having their usual monthly meeting when a saytr ran into the throne room. The saytr ran up and bowed before the gods. "What is it saytr?" Zeus asked. The saytr stood up shakily before responding, "Lord Zeus, camp is under attack." This alarmed many of the olympians. Many of them had kids there and didn't want them hurt.

They all flashed to camp to see how it was doing. When they arrived they saw an army of at least five thousand monsters charging the severely out numbered campers. There were only about three hundred campers, and many of them were to young to fight. There was no way the campers could win without heavy casualties and injuries. They could only hope for a miracle.

~•~•~•~•~•~•Line Break•~•~•~•~•~•~
~•Mariana Trench•~
Percy was sitting meditating before his training started. He was stretching his senses to the rest of the ocean. He was able to stretch his senses to the entire Pacific Ocean. As he was sitting there two Megalodons swam by him. They were talking about an attack on Camp Half-blood going on.

Percy froze when he heard this. He quickly stopped the pair to question them. They told him about a battle that was happening then at Camp Half-blood. When he asked how he knew the shark just responded by saying word travels fast in the mythological world.

Percy immediately grabbed his stuff and prepared to go help camp. While he grabbed his stuff he thought about a way to make an entrance worth of Zeus. When he thought of the perfect way he smirked. 'This is going to be fun' he thought to himself.

~•~•~•~•~•~•Line Break•~•~•~•~•~•~
~•Camp Half-Blood•~
The monsters charged the campers. The campers all prepared themselves. The Apollo cabin set up lines and began to fire on the enemy ranks.
The Ares cabin was the front line with the Athena cabin behind them. The Demeter cabin was growing vines to trip the monsters as they charged. The Hephaestus cabin was handing out weapons. The Hermes cabin was setting up traps before the monsters could get there. The rest of the cabins lined up behind the Ares and Athena cabins and prepared to fight. The gods watched in disparity as their kids prepared to fight a battle they couldn't hope to win.

Just as the armies were about to clash it started to snow. It started off as a light snow, but quickly became a miniature blizzard. Both armies started looking around cautiously waiting for a new enemy to join the battle.

A few seconds after the blizzard got to full power all of the snow began to gather in the center to the battle. Both armies backed up in fear of the snow tornado that was forming. The snow kept swirling for a minute before it rapidly expanded and exploded outwardly. It froze the ground in a twenty foot area.

In the middle of the frozen area a figure was kneeling. The figure was maybe 6"5 and was very muscular. Not the body builder muscular, but more of a very muscular swimmer. Everyone could tell the muscles were extremely dense just by looking at them. The figure wore a white cloak, not unlike the cloak from Assassin's Creed.

The figure stood up and let his aura flare. Everyone took an involuntary step back when they felt the aura. It was as strong as a minor god, if not a major god. He held his hands out to his sides, like a T. Some of the ice around him began to float slowly to his hands. As the ice floated to his hands it began to morf into twin swords. The swords had designs of ice bergs sinking ships, falling ice impaling creatures, and people being frozen. All in all the swords were both terrifying and magnificent.

The figure began to walk towards the monster army casually, but prepared for anything. The monsters began to shuffle nervously. When the figure was about one hundred feet away it broke into a full sprint. He was going at speeds that would make Hermes jealous. At ten feet away he jumped. He jumped with so much force he left a crater behind him and shot thirty feet into the air. As he glide through the air he held the swords behind him slightly.

When the figure landed he drove his swords into the ground and caused the ground to shake around the monsters. The earthquake didn't effect the campers or the gods, just the monsters. The monsters stumbled and fell around the figure.

The figure stood up unaffected by the earthquake and shot into the army. He flew into a group of Cyclopes. He jumped into the head of one and drove a sword into its skull. He held his hand out to the rest and shot ice out of his palm, effectively freezing them. He jumped off of the disintegrating cyclops, strait into a group of a hundred dracaenae.

When he landed he shot into the army and began to hack and slash. He fought in a ferocious style none of the gods had seen before. In under a minute all of the dracaenae had been disintegrated. He charged strait towards the rest of the army and began to pulverize them. He hacked, slashed, shot ice, and impaled the monsters with such speed none of them could react in time to block.

In under ten minuted all that was left of the once great army of monsters was the Minotaur. It, alone with the gods and campers, stood looking at the figure mouth agape. The figure smirked and advanced towards the Minotaur slowly. As he walked his swords disintegrated into mist.

When the Minotaur snapped out of its shock it was enraged. This human was able to take down his the army he was put in charge of to lead. The Minotaur charged with its axe held above its head. When it reached the figure it slammed down its axe with all of its might right on top of the figure.

The figure simply raised its hand and caught the axe's handle with little effort. Everyone stood shocked that this man caught the minotaurs axe mid swing. The man clenched his hand and the axe's handle shattered. He launched forward and punched the Minotaur in the stomach. His hand drove strait through the monsters stomach, causing it to disintegrate. He turned around and began to walk to the campers and gods. As it walked it summoned some water to clean himself off before turning it to vapor.

The figure walked up Half-Blood hill and stopped before the campers. All of the gods and campers had weapons in their hands prepared to defend themself if needed. The figure didn't seem fazed by this and he lifted his hand to his hood. He flipped back his hood and said, "Hey guys."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 148 18
After the War with Gaia, Leo Valdez returned to camp half blood with Calypso. Everything goes perfectly for about two weeks, nothing has even been b...
398K 6.2K 32
Perseus Jackson. Recognise that name? He used to be a hero. Fantastic demigod he used to be. Son of Poseidon? Until he got betrayed. He no longer h...
297K 7.8K 21
Percy Jackson, the hero of Olympus, everything was going well for him. The war was won, Leo came back, and in two weeks he and his Wise Girl would mo...
2K 129 11
Apricity: (noun) The warmth of the sun in winter *✧・゚: *✧・゚: In the midst of wars, prophecies, and destinies, a group of children fight to survive on...