Denial

By CaptainSwan31

Set into the future 6 years after High School- Lucas and Maya aren't together but share custody of their 6 ye... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Go vote for me!

Chapter 18

2.6K 58 17
By CaptainSwan31

A/N: I managed to screw the chapters! LOL this is chapter 18. The last one was 17 and the one before that 16 so I apologize for any confusion. Also sorry for taking forever to update. LOL

Maya POV

Lucas and I had a conference with Lucy's teacher and it went fairly well. We explained our concern and she made it clear that she'd now be on top of it. I think she knew that Lucas especially was not happy how things were being handled and was pretty intimidated by him. After the conference Lucas and I walked hand in and hand to his car. We were thankful it didn't last long. 

"You want to take advantage of the fact that Mom and Dad have Luce?" Lucas said to me as we got into the car. 

"Lucas, that's awful." I chuckled. 

"I'm serious!" He laughed. 

"Well what did you have in mind?" I asked him. 

"I was thinking that we could do dinner obviously then I wanted to take you to look at a house." Lucas answered which really took me by surprise. 

"A house? Lucas I think that's rushing it a bit." I replied nervously. 

Lucas sighed as he started to pull out of the school parking lot. "Maya, just let me take you to see it. I know that may be rushing it but we are practically living together as it is. I did some searching and came across this house.  We don't have to make decision anything but at least let me take you to see it." 

"Okay fine we can go look at it." I said to him even though I was starting to get anxious.  

"Good. We have nothing to lose." he said with a smile as he placed his right hand on my thigh. 

Lucas and I ate dinner at Olive Garden. It was so delicious and not a long wait at all. After that we left to go look at the house Lucas wanted me to see. We arrived at the house within 10 minutes. I have to say that from looking on the outside it's beautiful. The siding on the outside of the house was all stone. It had a garage hooked onto the front of it and a fence that wrapped around the yard. There was another car in the drive way which I assumed to to be the realtor. We got out of the car and walked hand in hand to the front door. The realtor motioned for us to come inside. When we stepped inside it took my breath away how beautiful this house was. I could tell I was already finding myself to be falling in love. I had to hand it to Lucas he knew me far to well. The inside was fairly big with wooden brown floors. There was lots of room for the kids to play. The realtor took us to the kitchen which was so beautiful. The counter tops were marble and there was a staircase that led up stairs. After looking the downstairs over she took us upstairs. The bedrooms were nice and spacious. The interior designer in me was already thinking up ideas of doing a re-paint in the bedrooms especially when it came to Levi's room. Once we were done checking out the upstairs we made our way back down and she took us out to the back yard. It was so big and fenced in which was nice for the kids to play in and not be able to wander off. I was completely in love with this house. We thanked her for everything and Lucas told her we would be in touch with her soon on a decision. After that we left and as we were walking out to Lucas car he grabbed my hand in his. 

"So what did you think?" he asked. 

"I think I'm more in love with that house than I with you." I joked and he laughed at me. 

"I never thought I'd be jealous over a house winning you over. "he teased as we got into the car. "I knew you would love it." 

"I love that the yard is fenced in. My only thing is it doesn't have a pool which is something Lucy will be upset about not having since my house has one." I chuckled. "But other than that I love it." 

"Honestly, we could put one put in and I could build the deck to go with it. Having one that is higher up would be better not in ground is better anyway. It would be safer for the kids especially when Levi gets old enough to where he's tooling around the backyard. We wouldn't want him to fall in." he said as pulled out of the driveway and I have to admit he was so right. 

"Okay you have a really good point there. I didn't think of that. Lucy was 4 when we moved into the house I'm in now she was was able to follow the rules more." I replied. 

"So what do you say? Do you want to get it?" he asked me with a smile. 

I sighed and turned to look at him "Lucas I want it so bad but I still have that fear about something happening with us. If we buy this house together and something happens then what do we do?" 

Lucas grabbed my hand and held it in his as he used the other hand to steer. "Maya, we can't control our future. Whatever happens will happen. One thing I know for certain is I love you with all my heart. I have always dreamed of us living together and raising a family with you. Once Levi is born I'll be spending a lot of time with you regardless so that I can help you with and Lucy. If you think about what it is the difference?" he said to me. "We'll be practically living together as it is. We already kind of are." 

I turned to look at Lucas and smiled. "You always have to put things into perspective don't you?" I said to him. "I think the house is too perfect to give up and as much as I hate to admit it I realize I need to get over this fear. We have been together technically 5 months now." 

"Exactly, Maya. We have stuck it out for that long and everything has been good." he replied. 

"Alright, lets do this then. Make sure you call the realtor tomorrow and tell her we want it." I said with a smile. 

"I will call her tonight." he said with a smile. 

"Sounds good." I replied.

Lucas and I arrived at his parents house 10 minutes later. Lucy was excited to see us as were Lucas parents. I've always loved his Mom. After catching up with them we took Lucy and went home. We hadn't told her anything about the house and decided we would wait on that. I couldn't wait to look at different paint colors and room ideas for our bedrooms. I was most excited for Lucas and I to decorate Levi's nursery. When we got home I had Lucy get her bath since it was 6:30 then after that I looked things over in her backpack. Lucas mom had made Lucy do her homework which nice because that meant the three of us could hangout for a little bit.  Once I put her to bed I joined Lucas downstairs. He was sitting on the couch so I walked over to him. I gently straddled him on his lap and looked him directly in his beautiful green eyes. 

"I love you, Lucas. Thank you for being such an amazing person." I said to him before leaning in and kissing him softly on the lips. 

"I love you too and I can't wait to start our life together in our new home. I'm glad you agreed." he said with a shit eaten grin on his face. 

"Yeah you keep looking smug you knew exactly what you were doing." I teased. 

"Mhmm  and so what if I did. It worked." he said then leaned in and kissed me softly. 

This time I eased more into his kiss and kissed him slowly. Our tongues brushed against each other and I smiled into his mouth as I continued to make out with him. After we got done I pulled away and looked at him. 

"Come snuggle with me." I said to him. 

"Lets go." he said and so I got up off his lap. 

Once upstairs I changed into my PJs and got into bed beside Lucas. I snuggled into him and he wrapped his arms around me. Levi started kicking so I grabbed Lucas hand and placed it on my tummy. 

"This kid must be having lots of fun in Mommy's tummy." I said as I looked up at him. 

"He's going to be a sports fan like Dad." Lucas chuckled. 

"Our other child is all about Dad please let me have one kid be all about Mom." I said to him and he laughed. 

"Hmm I don't know. I kind of like having them all about Daddy." 

"I know you do." I replied and he smiled. 

Lucas lifted up my shirt revealing my growing baby bump. He placed his hands on my tummy and gently rubbed it with his fingers. 

"Daddy loves you Levi. Mommy and I can't wait to meet you." he said before placing a small kiss on my stomach and pulling my shirt back down. 

It melted my heart watching him do things like that. I always loved when he did that with Lucy. He laid back down beside me and I cuddled into him more. 

"The kids and I are so lucky to have someone as amazing as you. I love you." I yawned as I liad my head onto his chest and cuddled into him.

"I feel the same way about you. Come on lets got to sleep now. You're tired." he said as he wrapped his arms around me. 

And with that I feel asleep in Lucas arms just like I did every other night. I love him so much and was starting to be come more confident that things would work out with us. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 974 44
Maya and Lucas have been friends since 1st grade. They meet farkle in the 4th grade. They are now in 9th grade. In this story Maya is rich, her dad s...
7.7K 216 37
Riley and Lucas are finally together, the sherpa made sure of that! Maya figures out she doesn't like Lucas in that way and everyone thinks they've a...
128K 4.7K 40
in which maya hart + lucas friar + summer break = baby friar. lucaya teenage pregnancy. UNDER EDITING winner of "best summer bling book" in the fall...
57.1K 1.5K 43
Maya Hart begins a relationship with her customer Lucas Friar who is recently in the middle of a divorce and a father to a 10 year old girl named Ma...