Behind White Walls

By yourstruly_red

❝ I don't know how it happened but -- everything around us fell crashing to the ground. We found ourselves in... More

minus
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five

twenty

1.1K 106 10
By yourstruly_red

"what?"

he waited for the information to set in and stared at me quietly. I looked at him in disbelief. "but that doesn't -- it doesn't make sense," I exclaimed angrily. "I'm not crazy."

"believe it or not, you're not the only one who's said that," he replied coolly. 

"no -- you don't understand -- I don't even know how I got here," I told him, desperately trying to get him to understand. "I can't be here. I shouldn't be here."

a mental asylum. why on earth would I be here, of all places?

but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Tessa, always taking care of me -- my nurse. Jaycen, always watching me -- probably the head of the place, or a doctor. the white gowns. the white walls. the white people, the white ghosts who could never give me a straight answer -- all patients.

Finn -- my cell mate.

"what do you remember?" the boy asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head. "barely anything. I remember some parts of my life, but it's like there's this huge chunk that got ripped out of a book. like there's all these pages that I know I've read, but I don't remember what they said. and I don't know where to find the words."

"well, I'll bet you the answer to this whole mystery is in those missing pages," he said, matter-of-factly. after a moment's consideration, he added, "look. you seem like you got a good heart. and you're definitely different from the rest of these --" he looked at the other ghosts -- patients -- around us, "people. if you really want out, then I can help you."

at this, the weight on my heart lifted a little. "you can?"

he nodded. "tomorrow. 9 am sharp. be here. we'll talk."

that was my cue to leave. I nodded in gratitude, and stood up. maybe there was hope for me and Finn, after all.

as I walked away, I remembered something. turning around, I looked back at the boy, who was already looking at me. "wait. I don't even know your name."

he smiled for the first time, and something about it took me aback. "Kai," he said quietly.

"Kai," I repeated with a nod. "see you tomorrow, Kai. and thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 1K 38
စာမေးပွဲဖြေတုန်းကအခန်းစောင့်တဲ့ဆရာမကလည်း ကိုယ့်အချစ်ဆုံးလူသားဖြစ်လာနိုင်ပါတယ် တီချယ်ကိုလေသမီးအရမ်းချစ်တာ ...
10.1K 207 3
اعاده تنزيل الروايه على شكل صور
107K 3.1K 24
A fire incident at his(Kim Jae-soo) husband's home while he (Baek Ji-Hu )was away made Kim Jae-soo return to his third year of university (he was reb...
29.4K 572 38
Short scenarios for your favorite characters! (Well the male characters at least) The characters included are Alastor, Angel Dust, Sir Pentious, Husk...