Bound By A Bump (COMPLETED)

By Juette_Curtina

"A little stress release couldn't hurt anyone." With that thought in mind, Kaylyn Fisher decided to be a reb... More

Prologue
Chapter 1(The results of a mistake)
Chapter 2 (The Visit)
Chapter 3 (Confrontations)
Chapter 4 (What money can't buy)
Chapter 5 (The offer)
Chapter 6 (Hope)
Chapter 7 (So we meet again)
Chapter 8 (Interview)
Chapter 9 (You?!)
Chapter 10 (Need to talk)
Chapter 11(You will...I will not)
Chapter 12(Final Decisions)
Chapter 13(Sapphire)
Chapter 14 (It's off)
Chapter 15 (Her plan)
Chapter 16 (The call)
Chapter 17 (Trying to make amends)
Chapter 18 (What work?)
Chapter 19 (Getting Ready)
Chapter 20 (Admiration... Lust)
Chapter 21 (Confirmation)
Chapter 22 (Harsh words)
Chapter 23 (Not defeated)
Chapter 24 (Chaos)
Chapter 25 (Ultrasound)
Chapter 26 (Sadness...Anger)
Chapter 27 (Home)
Chapter 28 (Bitter Faith)
Chapter 29 (Apologies)
Chapter 30 (Baby Talk)
Chapter 31 (What happened?)
Chapter 32 (Father, daughter talk)
Chapter 33 (A kiss to comfort)
Chapter 34 (Cupid's up to something)
Chapter 35 (Someone's at the door)
Chapter 36 (Parents)
Chapter 37 (Marsha)
Chapter 38 (Karma...Catherine)
Chapter 39 (Peace of mind)
Chapter 40 (Surprise)
Chapter 41 (Lost hope)
Chapter 42 (Movies and poppity corn)
Chapter 44 (Anticipation)
Chapter 45 (Love)
Chapter 46 (For the first time)
Chapter 47 (Home sweet home)
Chapter 48 (For Dad)
đź‘‘Epilogueđź‘‘
Random Stuff, Q&A...Me again!
Faith's story!!! (book 2)

Chapter 43 (A Red Dinner)

281K 10.1K 1K
By Juette_Curtina

"This one or this one?" Sapphire asked Kaylyn, holding up two dresses in both hands.

    One was a pretty little royal blue with cream frills at the end and sleeves with a band at the waist. Meanwhile, the other was a soft yellow with the same design.

Kaylyn pretended to be in deep thought but knew her mind was already made up with just a glimpse at the two options.

       "I like the blue one," she finally said.

Sapphire smiled. "Me too!"

Kaylyn smiled, rummaging through her things for a dress herself. The weekend had arrived, which meant it was time for the dinner they all had anticipated. Kaylyn awaited the moment when she would sit, eat and talk, in the company of those she loved most.

She smiled when she came upon on a light green maternal dress Faith had bought for her some weeks ago.

   "It would go well with your fiery red hair," she had said and of course, after trying it, Kaylyn had found that she was right.

     "Ooo, that's a pretty dress," Sapphire beamed, halting Kaylyn from her thoughts.

     "I'm glad you like it. I plan on wearing it tonight," she informed cheerfully.

         "yay! We'll both look pretty," she grinned.

        "We definitely will."

#

Patrick glanced at himself in the mirror, displeased with ashen colour in his face. His eyes seemed deep with dark circles and his hair thinned out more by the day. He coughed as he reached for the lip balm and patted his lips to treat the dryness. Lately he had found that a little makeup could return his original colour and hide a few dark circles.

He knew it was wrong of him to create an illusion that everything was fine, when they clearly weren't, but he couldn't allow his daughter to be saddened by his situation. The joy was back in her eyes, she was happy given her circumstances and Patrick knew he could never take that away from her...again.

      He didn't think he'd live to see the baby before the delivery. He knew he wouldn't. He knew two months was a long time for him to continue living and although it twisted his heart to know that he wouldn't see his grandchild, he knew someday he would.

    Patrick took a seat on the bed, not being able to stand for so long. He was so weak. His phone began to rang, and unhesitatingly he pulled it from his pocket.

Lilith's number popped up on the screen. Patrick sighed.

         "Hello," he answered.

   .     "So, you've now forgotten me?" She asked dryly.

         "Lilith," he began tiringly. "You've already made it clear that you don't want to be apart of Kaylyn's life."

        "I didn't say I didn't want to be a part of yours," she pointed out firmly.

         "It means the same thing to me Lilith. I want the time I have left with my daughter," he expelled softly.

        "The time you have left - Patrick what are you talking about?" she demanded.

Patrick briefly closed his eyes. "I called you few months back to tell you I was dying and you shrugged me off like an old shoe. I then realized, Lilith that you only have love for yourself and power," he snarled bitterly.

A small silence followed, Patrick continued.

      "I have spent some time with my daughter and surprisingly, I realized that for quite some time I had forgotten what happiness was until I saw her again," he chuckled.

      "Patric-"

       "I might not see you again Lilith and I'm sorry that things weren't different but that was your decision to make. I'm happy, because my baby girl is happy," he smiled at the last bit.

         "I might not get to see my grandchild, but I know that he will know me. Kaylyn will let him or her know me, but the irony of it all is..." he trailed off and forced out a strained laugh. "While you have breath, you will be dead to them, and while I rot...I will continue to live."

      "Goodbye Lilith," he completed before disconnecting the call.

He sat there for some passing seconds, staring at one spot - At the mirror before him, to be specific. His eyes stung but he quickly blinked back the tears.

He sighed heavily, a smile replacing the scowl when he thought of the night ahead.

Matthew and Sapphire waited downstairs for Kaylyn to come down so they could leave.

       "Daddy, do you think this dress makes me look fat?" Sapphire asked as she looked down on herself from different angles.

Matthew chuckled. "It's perfect," he reassured, pinching her on the cheek. "Who combed your hair by the way?" he then asked, noticing the neat ponytail with the ribbon on top.

Sapphire beamed. "Kaylyn did it, who else?"

A knock sounded at the door, breaking their conversation.

     "That must be Faith," Sapphire informed as she moved towards the door. "She said she would drive with us to the restrant," she provided, getting the information from the conversation she had overheard while Kaylyn was on the phone.

Faith entered in a sparkly red dress that brushed against the top of her knees, fitting her body like a glove and enhancing the little curves she had. Her hair was loose, shiny blonde curls spilling over her shoulders in soft waves. She clutched at a small purse in her hand as she nervously cleared her throat.

      "Hey," she greeted.

      "Daddy, can I wear some of Faith's lipstick?" Sapphire exclaimed before Matthew could utter a greeting.

Matthew glanced at Faith's blood red lips. "No," came the abrupt answer. Sapphire pouted.

Matthew glanced at his watch. "What's taking Kaylyn-" he began but cut himself off when he saw her descending the stairs.

Matthew sucked in a breath as he watched her angelic movements carefully making her way down. Her hair bounced lightly with every movement, trailing down her shoulders and almost to her waist with soft curls at the ends. The fiery orange seemed as if they had become aflame when the lights above hit it and all Matthew could see was a waterfall of molten lava with sparks of fiery blonde at areas where the light settled most. It created a halo for the straight face that was harnessed beneath, kissed with neutral colours of minimal makeup and peach pink lips that were made to be cherished.

Her bare ivory arms were out, looking as flawless as the word with her slender fingers trailing along the length of the rails that Matthew immediately envied. As his eyes consumed the length of her, he was lastly left to feast his hungry eyes on the silk looking dress that caressed and clung to her body - emphasizing a figure Matthew didn't know pregnant woman had. Kaylyn had it and she embraced it with one hand resting on her stomach- a stomach that almost seemed invisible with the making of the dress.

He couldn't resist the smile that tugged at his lips, and how could he not smile when he was faced with such beauty. And no, not beauty; it seemed too much of an understatement to describe what Kaylyn really was.

Sapphire, seeing how phased out her father had become, nudged Faith in the side and they shared a giggle.

Kaylyn met Matthew's gaze, her cheeks warming when she saw the way he was looking at her. She smiled. "Is everyone ready? You all look so nice," she complimented.

       "You look the nicest," Sapphire smiled. "Doesn't she daddy?"

Without giving it a thought, Matthew replied, "definitely."

Sapphire giggled. Kaylyn, seeing what she was up to, smiled and shook her head.

        "Well, let's go then," she announced and they all agreed, grabbing keys, purses etc.

As soon as they reached the door, Kaylyn paused. "Damn, I forgot my phone," she hissed, immediately turning around. "You guys can go ahead, I'll be out shortly," she called out as she walked briskly towards the stairs.

Matthew watched as she began to climb the stairs. Seeing that they were already late, he decided to go for the car and drive it out of the garage and towards the front.

He did so, and they waited patiently for Kaylyn to return, Matthew finding it strange that she took so long just to retrieve a phone. Maybe she went to the bathroom, he later thought, but when five minutes past and there was no sign of her- he grew worried.

He glanced at Faith and realized that she too, look worried. Matthew swallowed hard when his heart began to plummet and unhesitatingly he pushed the door open and got out.

He heard the door slam behind him and so he knew that Sapphire and Faith too had emerged from the vehicle.

      "Kaylyn," Matthew called, moving briskly up the stairs.

Silence. Matthew grew breathless with the sharp hammering of his heart against his rib cage.

He increased his pace, almost running until he reached the top of the stairs.

        "Kaylyn!" He called once more and silence was the reply.

Matthew dashed across the floor to her room and pulled the door open. Nothing in his life could have prepared him for what he saw.

His sharp intakes of breath were the only thing he could hear. The world stilled as his eyes focused on Kaylyn - splayed across the floor and laying in a pool of blood.

Matthew's eyes widened, his body seemingly paralyzed as he stared ahead. He heard a scream, but he didn't recognize from who it came.

      "Kaylyn," he whispered and all of a sudden the world started spinning and sounds began to fill his ears again. Matthew gasped, dashing towards her when his senses returned.

He slid in her blood and held her face, trying to get a reaction, but nothing. Flashing his head violently towards the door, he saw Faith who was frozen with shock, and Sapphire who had fell to her knees as she wailed.

Matthew's vision blurred. He blinked. Tears fell.

      "Call an ambulance now!" He yelled then refocused his gaze at Kaylyn who had gone pale, with her blood seeping through his suit.

___________________________________

Hey guys!
:((
How are you all doing? I guess that's a stupid question to ask now, huh? :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 98.8K 38
Can your life change in just one night? Eleanor Miller's life turned upside down when her path crossed with Asher Edward Wright. One drunken night c...
173K 5.7K 36
"Are you sure this diagnosis is one hundred percent real or true?" "Yes, sir. I am truly sorry for the bad news." ~~~~ Is a one night stand suppose...
54K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
1.4M 33.7K 61
When Charlotte is left devastated by her boyfriend's infidelity. She finds herself persuaded into a night out with her friends. In which she meets ch...