Unconditionally- The Beginnin...

By mAy_justimagine

BOOK 1 in the UNCONDITIONALLY SERIES |COMPLETED| I listened expectantly as he spoke the next words, "There a... More

Unconditionally- The Beginning of Revelation
PROBLEMS IN CHAPTER VIEWING
Prologue
1. Animals that howl
2. Beyond the bowed crowd
3. The Girl who is His
4. Bewildering conversations
5. Rejection and a glass of water
6. Kindness and Cruelty
7. The Road she took
8. The Heart of a Beast
9. Jackets & Skirts
HAVING TROUBLE FOLLOWING ME?
10. The Unanswered Question
11. Disturbing Events
12. Calls & Deals
13. The Hunt and the Horror
14. The Girl who Crossed Over
15. A Friend in the Forest
16. An Impossible Mate
17. Coincidence & Control
18. The Call to a Loved One
19. The Odds
20. The 'Alpha'bet
21. In the Midst of Chaos
22. The Connection
23. The Most Unnerving fact
24. Mystery, Mirth and 'Mine'
25. One Shock after Another
26. Mazes and Mayhem
Heirarchy & Glossary
27. Counsel and Combat
28. Making Choices
29. Getting Answers
29.5 Dangerous Games
30. Conversations and Clarity
31. The Wolf and the Wizard
32. 'Before' into 'After'
33. Enigmatic Women
34. Digging deeper
35. Revelations and Dread
36. 'I was Wrong'
37. A Past and A Promise
38. Cry You a River
ANNOUNCEMENTS
39. A Proposition and A Prize
40. The Unexpected Unfolds
41. Into the Unknown
42. Desperate Times, Desperate Measures
43. A Home and A Heart
44. Sister Situations
45. Dinner and Delirium
46. Shadow Charades
47. Conflicting Opinions
48. Friends and Foes
49. In What felt like Forever
50. The Right Decision
51. The Luna's Shadow
52. Mist and Magic
54. Archery & Anarchy
55. Incursion & Identity
56. Irreplaceable
57. A First Time For Everything
58. Under the Stars
58.5 Storm Call
59. Ready
THANKS AND NEWS
BONUS: Christmas Kerfuffle
BOOK 2: SHADOWED HEARTS
SHADOW PLAY TRAILER

53. Moving Forward

118K 4.8K 2K
By mAy_justimagine

Dedicated to BittersweetZonira for your constant and amazing support towards Unconditionally! Thanks hon!

A huge shout out to jhalakshah2 for always worrying about my health and also for being such an incredible reader and supporter. Thanks doll!

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

_____

Suzzanah's POV

It's dark

The first thing I noticed when I felt somewhat oriented again, was that I could barely see anything at all. Everything was pitch black, as though I had been thrown into a dark endless abyss. It was cold all around me as I sat motionless on hard, dry ground.

I could hear a constant pitter-patter from somewhere far away which sounded a lot like, persistently falling rain. My body felt a little numb, as though I hadn't moved my hands or legs in ages. And a strange heaviness had settled in my chest, making it a little hard for me to breathe.

Slowly, I blinked in the dark, trying to make sense of my surroundings. I was leaning against the wall, or so I thought, till I turned my head to face whatever was behind me.

A loud bout of thunder echoed throughout the room the darkness was momentarily dispersed by the bright silver-white glow of a peal of lightening that flowed in through the glass windows. And I found myself staring at a large wooden shelf filled with hundreds of books, stacked close to one another.

The light in the room dimmed and darkness fell once again, but by now, my eyes had grown somewhat accustomed to my grey-black surroundings, and my mind had pieced together exactly where I was.

"The library..." I whispered, still watching the tall bookshelf behind me before turning my head to take in my surroundings.

I was sitting on the floor in the middle of some random aisle of the enormous library where I had learnt so much about the Supernatural world around me. In the company of all my friends, I had enjoyed being in this large hall filled with books of every genre, learning about the world I was now a part of.

But right now, sitting here all alone, I couldn't help but feel afraid. I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to be here right now.

It was eerily quiet all around me despite the ubiquitous sound of the persistently falling rain. A dreary, ominous air hung heavily all around me as I sat shrouded in the shadows cast by the tall wooden shelves that surrounded me.

Shadows...too many Shadows...

I felt her before I saw her, gliding slowly out of the darkness. My eyes moved towards her as she emerged from next to the shelf behind me, a pitch black ghostly silhouette of her true self.

Forme d'ombre

I stared at the Shadow form of the girl who was my roommate and to whom I had grown attached over the past few days. The girl who had never been anything but nice to me. The girl who had helped me even when I hadn't asked for it. The girl who had risked exposing her identity in order to try and rescue me.

The girl...who was supposedly...my enemy.

For a few seconds, she didn't move and just stood there at a distance, but when those seconds had passed, she slowly glided towards me, her movements too fluid to be called walking.

As she approached me, a pair of calm green eyes opened on her dark face, and I sucked in sharp breath, feeling my heart rate spike. Her dark frame floated across the floorboards silently, her familiar green orbs never leaving mine.

I didn't move, nor did I blink as I watched the dark creature approach me. It was the first time that I had been able to stay in possession of my senses for long enough to really observe a Shadower or their Shadow. Both the other times I had been so overcome with fear that I had nearly shut down mentally. But this time, it was different.

Because this time...I knew who I was dealing with.

Because this time...I knew it was her.

"Megan", I said softly, the word tasting oddly bitter on my tongue.

The green eyes watching me clouded with an unknown emotion before dark lips parted on the pitch black Shadow's face.

"Suzzanah"

My eyes widened infinitesimally at the sound of her voice. Unlike how I had expected it be- raspy, eerie and a little bit unnerving- the voice I did hear was painfully familiar.

Calm, composed and not an octave out of place, that was her voice.

Megan's voice.

Almost immediately, my thoughts whirled and my eyes glazed over as I tried to reach out to Zuerien via mindlink. But I was met with nothing but a strikingly void lack of connection.

"It's no use"

My gaze cleared instantly, being met with cold green ones.

"As long as you are inside this library, you can't mindlink anyone on the outside", she told me, "Nor can anyone mindlink you"

My eyes widened at her revelation; the lack of emotion in her voice was disturbing. My lips parted in silent question, no sound leaving them. The dark shadow before me moved not an inch, familiar eyes watching me with an unfamiliar hardness, leaving me feeling like I had just lost something important that I had been holding onto.

My eyes left her dark watchful gaze and fell to my hands. They were littered with tiny cuts and bruises, as a result of what had happened just a few minutes ago. And although, for some strange reason, I felt no pain from them, they were still there, and that forced me to remember.

My mind replayed all the events that had transpired in the woods and ultimately led me to where I was now. And by the time I was done recollecting those memories, my fists were clenched so tightly that my knuckles turned snow white.

My gaze lifted once again to hers, and my lips pressed into a thin line. Megan's eyes looked dull and lifeless, almost as though she were empty on the inside. Gone was the spark that had lit them up this morning when we had laughed together like children in that pool of water surrounded by lotuses.

And now, I found myself staring into the face of a stranger, with only one question occupying my mind, resounding again and again like the endless rain that incessantly battered the earth outside.

"Why...?" I asked her, knowing fully well that, that one question had multiple answers. And I chose to give her the opportunity to answer with whichever she wanted to.

She didn't reply but I didn't miss how her eyes flashed ever so slightly with a hint of emotion.

"Why Megan?" I asked again, my voice firm and unusually commanding.

Her green eyes held my gaze for just a second longer before she turned away, her dark back facing me.

"I did what needed to be done", she said and started to glide away from me, back into the darkness.

"Wait"

As that one word left my lips, something about my voice sounded different, even to me, and whatever it was, it forced Megan to halt in her tracks, her dark shadow form tensing slightly.

I stood up, holding onto the bookshelf next to me for support. My body felt unnaturally numb, as though some strange power was keeping me from feeling everything that I should have been able to feel.

But despite feeling physically faint, on the inside I was alarmingly alert.

Megan turned her head and looked over her shoulder at me, one brilliant green orb watching me quietly. Ordinarily being in a situation like this would have scared me, but right now, I felt no fear.

Only resolve.

"You owe me answers, Megan", I told her, my voice shockingly calm as I spoke, "And you're not going anywhere till I have them"

Megan didn't reply and I raised my head.

"Why did you attack me and Cole in the forest?" I asked her, "Why did you take me from my friends? Why did you bring me here?"

I took a step towards her, my eyes never leaving hers, "Why Megan?" I asked her, "Why are you doing this?"

Her gaze lowered before she turned away once more and said, "You wouldn't understand"

"Don't assume on my behalf", I told her, "You don't know me"

"And you don't know me", Megan replied, "You know nothing"

"Then tell me", I said, taking another step forward, "Tell me who you are. Are you one of the Shadow People? Are you working for Terrence Magnifis?"

Her head whipped towards me, her eyes flashing with a strange fire.

"Is that why you brought me here?" I prodded further, "So you could take me back to them?"

She snorted, a humorless laugh escaping her dark lips, "So in the end, that's what you think too Suzzanah", she said, her voice a bare whisper, "That's what you believe too, even though I thought you were the only person here...who actually trusted me"

"What do you expect Megan?" I asked her coldly, "You're the one who said that I don't know you"

Despite the darkness surrounding her, I could have sworn I saw her flinch.

"Whatever led me to believe in you was based on what I thought I knew about you", I told her, "I thought you were a kind person, quiet and misunderstood. I thought that you had valid reasons for doing what you're doing-"

"I do have reasons-"

"But you won't tell me what they are", I cut her off, "You won't tell anyone what they are, because you presume that we won't understand. You won't share your secrets with anyone. You'll offer them no reassurance of your uprightness but when someone questions it, you have a problem"

"I've done nothing wrong", she said, turning to face me once again, "But what's the point of telling people when no one will believe me?"

"I believe you"

My words seemed to catch her off guard as the anger that had been brewing in her eyes quelled instantly.

"I believe you Megan", I repeated honestly, "I always have. If I didn't I wouldn't have vouched for you. I wouldn't have fought with my loved ones to prove your innocence. But now..."

I looked down at my bruised palm before clenching my fingers, "Now I feel like I'm deceiving myself", I told her, looking back into her eyes, "Because the woman I'm working so hard to defend, doesn't even want to defend herself!"

Megan didn't reply, her gaze falling to the ground and I took another step towards her.

"I want to help you Megan", I told her, "But I can't do that if you won't let me"

"You can't do anything for me Suzzanah", she replied tiredly, "No one can"

"Sometimes you need to go beyond how you think things are, to discover how they really are, and you'll be surprised at what you find", I said making her eyes widen in surprise.

I knew she had recognized those words, recalled where, when and by whom they were spoken.

I smiled at her, "Those were the very words you told me on the first day of the Annual Games on the cobblestone pathway, when I broke down and cried", I said, "And you were right Megan. Those words are the reason I have come this far, and if I can, I want to help you, just as you have helped me all this time"

She swallowed hard, as though she were feeling choked up, but regardless, her face still didn't betray how she was feeling on the inside.

"Stop running Megan", I told her softly, "You said it yourself, you haven't done anything wrong, then why are you running?"

"Because I don't belong here", she replied quietly, her voice laced with vulnerability, "I never did"

"You're right", I replied, making her eyes shoot towards me. I sighed, "The person who you pretended to be really didn't belong here", I told her, "But the person who you really are does"

"The person who I really am?" she shook her head, "I hardly even know who that is anymore", she said before raising her hands and staring at her dark palms, "I thought I was Megan Houston, the ordinary human with a few extraordinary abilities. And I was alright just being that girl. But now..."

Her fists clenched and jaw clenched, "But now...I'm everything I never wanted to be"

My brows knit together in confusion and she added, "I'm a Supernatural, I'm a Shadower, I'm a witch", she looked into my eyes and added, "And I'm a Luna"

A soft gasp escaped my lips as shock painted itself across my features, "You knew..." I whispered in disbelief, "How long have you known?"

"About being Luna? Just a few days", she told me, making my eyes widen.

"And the rest?" I asked.

"All my life", she replied quietly, "It was something I wanted to forget more than anything else. But now...it's impossible. Yet again, I'm stuck being a Supernatural. Stuck being the very thing I detest more than anything else in the world, and now...being hated for it"

"Megan, we don't hate you-"

"Don't lie to me", she snapped, "I know full well how that mate of yours and the rest your companions feel about me. I know that they think I'm an enemy"

"And are they right?" I asked her.

She inhaled deeply, swallowing hard, "I never wanted to be. I never wanted to be any of this"

Her gaze fell to the ground once more where my shadow lay stretched out underneath me while there was a striking lack of hers.

I bit my lip before asking once again, "Are you working for the Shadow people?"

She was silent for a long while and I thought she wouldn't answer me, but then, she did.

"No", she replied, "No I'm not"

Closing her eyes, she abruptly lifted her hand and waved it over her head in a circular motion. In a flash, a bright green-golden light erupted from the palm of her hand, engulfing her in its warm glow.

I sucked in a sharp breath, my hand flying to my chest.

Magic!

I watched absolutely mesmerized as the darkness that had covered her form all this time like an armor, suddenly started to recede from her body. The pitch black coating slid down her face, revealing a sharp nose, pink lips and freckled cheeks. Her Shadow form retreated, giving way to smooth, human skin clothed in the same garments she had been wearing this morning for the treasure hunt.

It was the first time I had seen something like this, and a part of me was rather unnerved, but another part of me, a bigger part of me was fascinated beyond belief.

I watched as the sheet of darkness that had covered her spread itself out underneath her in the form of a shadow attached to the soles of her feet.

And when she came to a halt just about a foot away from me, it was her again, the same girl who had been my roommate for the past one week.

The girl...whom I considered...a friend.

Once the darkness covering her was all gone, she opened her eyes and looked at me. Her hair fell in beautiful waves over her shoulders, looking much darker than its actual rich auburn. Her lithe, elegant form looked smaller than usual, as though something heavy was weighing her down.

And I immediately recognized that as the very same feeling that was making my chest feel heavy.

Her feelings, not mine.

"I'm not working for them", she told me once again, "I never have and I never will"

Relief flooded my veins knowing I hadn't been wrong. Megan wasn't a Shadower. She wasn't the enemy. Then did that mean that she had no idea that her Shadow had been used by someone earlier to watch me in the wardrobe?

"But that doesn't change the fact that I am a Shadower", she told me, her fists clenching, "It doesn't change the fact that I'm a Supernatural, and no matter how much I hate it, no matter how much I try to escape it, it changes nothing. I'm stuck being this thing, stuck paying the price for a life I never chose"

She...hates being...a Supernatural?

My brow furrowed, unable to understand what she was saying. Her feelings of repulsion and hate for her powers washed over me in powerful waves and I was left staring aback at her in utter incomprehension.

Why...?

"You...don't want your powers?" I breathed out, "Not just the those of a Shadower, you don't want any of them?"

"Of course I don't want these powers!" she said, her eyes blazing, "My powers aren't what you and your companions make them out to be. They do nothing but bring misfortune to me and those around me"

"Your powers helped rescue me, Megan", I cut in, "And I'm grateful that you have them, that you used them the way you did!"

"And look what happened!" she shouted, raising her voice for the first time in the conversation, "I'm now being hunted down like a convict! Like a criminal!"

"You only feel that way because you're running", I told her gently, "Stop running Megan and just accept it. Accept your powers and who you are"

"Who am I?" she asked, her eyes brimming with anger, "Your Luna of Intercession? You think anyone out there will be able to accept me and forget that I'm a Shadower? The very thing they despise more than anything else in the world!"

"Megan, you're talking about everyone else not accepting you", I said, "When you haven't even accepted yourself yet"

Her eyes widened and her breath caught in her throat, before she swallowed hard.

"I haven't...forgiven myself yet", she told me and a wave of despair so intense flooded my veins that I nearly knocked all breath out of my body. I stared at Megan, at the guilt and hurt that shone through her eyes and realized that underneath that cold, nonchalant bravado, this was what she had been hiding.

She had been hiding her pain.

Megan...

She closed her eyes as though composing herself, "I want to leave", she said determinedly, "And if you really want to help me, then you'll tell them to let me go Suzzanah"

I put a hand to my chest, realization dawning on me, "That's why you brought me here", I said, "So you could use me as leverage to leave this place because you can't as long as Marco's maze is up"

She flinched, looking away from me, "I didn't have any other choice", she said, "I can't stay here Suzzanah"

"Maybe you think so", I said, feeling a deep sadness well up inside of me, "But like you said, wherever you end up going in the world, who you are isn't really going to change Megan. How long will you run?"

"As long as I have to", she breathed out.

"And what if you get caught?" I asked her, feeling somewhat chocked up, "What then?"

"Then whatever will be, will be", she told me, "At least I'll know that I did my best"

"Did your best to what, Megan?" I asked, unable to understand what was really going on in her head.

Why was she so hell bent on staying away from Supernaturals? Why did she think her powers brought misfortune? What was it...that she was really...afraid of?

"That I did my best to keep the secrets that had been kept locked away for a reason", she told me, her tone determined and firm.

"You don't have to do all this alone!" I told her, stepping forward, "There are things in this world that are bigger than all of us, and if we were meant to face them alone, then there wouldn't be so many of us, remember?!"

A wry smile made its way to her lips, "You keep repeating things that I once told you"

"Because I keep wondering why, despite being wise enough to give me counsel, you still choose not to take your own advice!" I said, making her flinch slightly, "Your words have always helped me Megan. You have always helped me. You're a good person!"

I placed my hand on her arm, "You say your powers bring misfortune", I said, "But it's not your powers that define you, it's how you use them! So just accept your powers and stop trying to run away from them Megan. Because if there is anything at all that I've learnt from being the only human amongst all these Supernaturals, is that it's okay to be different"

An unknown emotion filled her eyes and she gulped, "But I'm...the enemy", she said vulnerably.

"You're not my enemy", I told her honestly, "You never were, and I hope you never will be"

I squeezed her shoulder before smiling at her wholeheartedly.

"You're my friend"

Her eyes went wide at my words, and her lips parted slightly. She stared at me in awe, as though I had said something she could never have even imagined.

"Friend..." she repeated softly, almost as if to herself.

Then she closed her eyes, probably thinking everything I had said to her through. I waited patiently, hoping desperately that she would believe me. Yes, there were still a lot of things that were still uncertain, but if there was one thing I was sure about, it was this.

Megan Houston, wasn't an enemy.

She was my friend.

And that was more than enough.

After a short moment, Megan opened her eyes and took a deep breath before turning around to face me again. Her green eyes shone with determination, and I knew she had made her decision.

She smiled at me, making my anticipation grow.

And then, the front door of the library exploded.

A scream escaped my lips which was easily drowned under the thundering sound of the massive explosion. Splinters of wood and metal went flying in all directions and followed by the onslaught of an unmistakable aura of raw uncontained power.

Zuerien's aura

My head whipped towards the door just in time to see my mate's large frame walking into the library. His strides were strong, his chest was bare, his fists were clenched at his sides. His body was pulsing with energy that was just waiting to be unleashed.

At the sight of his face, I was filled with many tumultuous emotion, the first one being relief, and the last one being fear.

Fear, not for me, but for Megan.

The minute his dark eyes zeroed in on me, his features, which had up until then been contorted in absolute rage immediately softened, the anger dissipating from his face.

A smile took over my face, but almost immediately Zuerien's face was painted with fury once more, this time, far more intense than before.

I didn't even have time to question the sudden change when I felt it, cold and sharp against my skin of my throat.

A large piece of broken glass, which was being held there by Megan.

My body went rigid in shock, when she slid an arm around my shoulders, gripping me tightly to keep me in place.

"Don't move!" she shouted at Zuerien, "Don't move, or I'll kill her"

That feeling of being weighed down suddenly intensified and something in my chest started to hurt.

A thunderous growl erupted from my mate's lips and several of the windows of the library shattered all at once. He was immediately joined by multiple people, all of whom were familiar, all of whom were dear, and all of whom...were absolutely livid.

"Intercession", General Reginald growled out, his eyes brimming with anger.

"Megan", Megan corrected, "It's just Megan. How the heck did you get past my territorial loops?!"

"The same way you managed to make your Shadow vanish in front of our eyes earlier", Cole replied, "Teleportation magic"

"You're not the only one who knows how to perform it", Marco said and my eyes widened.

Prophecy!

"Drop the glass Megan", Cole told her, his unusually kind features scrunched up in disapproval.

"You're in no position to give me orders", Megan said.

She pressed the glass further into my skin and I saw Zuerien's body start to tremble, his canines elongating.

"Let. Her. Go", Zuerien growled out in warning and immediately Megan's grip on the glass faltered ever so slightly.

Zuerien took a step forward and Megan tensed.

"Don't move!" she shouted, sounding slightly panicked, "I'll do it. I really will. I'll kill her"

Zuerien's eyes flashed a deep black and I immediately mind-linked him on reflex,

Zuerien, calm down

His fists clenched, his dark eyes zeroing in on me.

Suzzanah...

Its okay, I said, Its okay Zuerien, I'm here. Please calm down

He took a deep breath before his eyes returned to normal. Megan's nails dug into my skin but I bit back the pain and kept my face from revealing anything I was feeling.

"Megan", I said softly, "Please, it's okay"

The hand she had around my shoulders loosened infinitesimally, and I said, "They won't hurt you. Please, just calm down"

Megan's jaw clenched, "You were wrong, Suzzanah", she said softly, "You were wrong about me"

I was about to reply when another familiar voice called out,

"Let Anna go"

My eyes shot towards the foyer to find Rino standing beside Zuerien. His face, unlike the others' was laced with concern.

"Please Vegan", he said sincerely, "Don't hurt Anna"

Megan's body shuddered against me and a wave of anguish washed over me. And my eyes widened when I realized that they were, once again, her feelings. Not mine.

Megan...

Megan immediately looked at Marco who stood silently, his face revealing anger, his stance guarded, as though he were anticipating an attack.

"Destroy your maze", Megan told him, "The one you created for me"

He raised his head defiantly, "Like hell I will"

She pressed the sharp end of the glass into my skin making me flinch slightly and everyone tensed simultaneously.

"I wasn't asking", Megan shouted, "Destroy the maze right now or your Queen will have to pay the price for it!"

Marco didn't move, but a tense uncertainty had made its way to his face. Zuerien was about to move but she immediately jerked both our bodies towards him.

"DON'T YOU DARE!" she shouted making his fingers twitch, "Don't even think of using your Absolute Command!"

His brow furrowed and my lips parted in shock on noticing that his eyes were now glowing a bright golden. I hadn't even noticed that he had taken on his Alpha of Power persona, but somehow, Megan hadn't missed it.

General Reginald's eyes narrowed, as though he had discovered something new. His lips parted but Megan beat him to it.

"I'm sick and tired of repeating myself to you", Megan yelled, "Either lower the maze and let me go or your Luna will perish. I'll kill her"

"No you won't Megan", I said softly, "You won't kill me"

"Yes I will", she replied, tightening her grip around me, "I will kill you"

"And I'll kill you", Zuerien growled out, his voice almost inhumane now, "I'll kill you long before you can even put a scratch on my mate"

Megan tensed, "You won't be able to do anything to me", she said, tightening her grip on my hand.

"Of course not. After all you'll know way before he even does anything"

My eyes widened at the sound of that familiar calm, knowledgeable voice that could belong to no one except him.

The Alpha of Wisdom

Alpha Penson walked up to stand on the other side of Zuerien, his face a mask of contained emotions. But the minute his eyes found me, a multitude of powerful sentiments flashed in his dark eyes, which widened ever so slightly.

Behind me, Megan had gone very stiff and her hand which was still gripping my arm started to tremble slightly.

"Y-you...don't know anything", she grit out.

"Oh don't I?" Alpha Penson asked, "I'm sure you know better than that Megan. After all, you are a Mind-reader"

Megan gasped in shock while everyone else's faces were painted in paralleled disbelief.

"Mind-reader?!" Zuerien cried out and Alpha Penson nodded.

"I told you didn't I?" Alpha Penson said, "The Luna of Intercession seemed to have some unique inbuilt power to be able to sense or be informed of other people's motives, even before they strike. An ability which allowed her to always remain one step ahead of everyone around her"

A shocked breath escaped my lips when I recalled all the times she had seemed to know exactly what was on my mind, all the times she had been able to understand things without me even saying anything.

"You didn't really need to say it to tell me"

Those were her words to me. And now they made perfect sense.

Mind-reader

"That's how she knew that you had used an Absolute Command on her", Alpha Penson said, "And that's how she managed to avoid getting caught in Marco's maze. She read Suzzanah's mind and she knew exactly what to avoid doing in order to not get caught. Isn't that right, Intercession?"

Megan's grip around me tightened, "I'm not your Luna of Intercession!" Megan shouted, "I refuse to be! I'm just Megan. Megan-"

"Regalia"

Megan sucked in a sharp breath and everyone else's heads shot towards Alpha Penson in shock.

What...

"What did you say?" Marco breathed out, his eyes wide in shock.

"Megan...Regalia", Alpha Penson repeated, his eyes never leaving Megan, "Her real name. Isn't that right?"

Megan's breath started to come out in ragged puffs and her grip on the glass started to falter.

"H-How", she gasped, "How did you-"

"Why?" Alpha Penson asked, "Are you the only one allowed to know things ahead of the expected time?"

Megan sucked in a sharp breath as Marco's head whipped towards her again.

"Regalia", he breathed out in shock, "She's from the Regalia family..."

"But...all the Regalia", Rino said, "They're-"

"Dead", Alpha Penson said, "The last of the Regalia family passed away about a decade ago, or so they said"

A wave of pain washed over me and I knew that it was Megan's pain. My chest constricted, my heart aching inside of me.

Her entire family was...dead...

"How did you know this?" Megan asked, her voice thick, "Nobody knows this. How the hell did you know?"

"Calculated perception", Alpha Penson replied, "Which you just confirmed"

Megan breathed out in shock, "You mean-"

"I wasn't sure", he told her, "But my presumption was obviously right"

"How did you figure it out?" Cole asked Alpha Penson in confusion.

Alpha Penson's brow furrowed in thought as he gazed Megan.

"It wasn't that hard once I knew for sure that she was a witch", he replied, "It's not every day that you encounter a Supernatural whose powers had been... Sealed"

Megan gasped out loud and everyone's eyes went wide in shock.

He didn't mean-

"The forbidden Sealing Spell", Alpha Penson said, "That's how you did it, didn't you? That's how you were able to suppress all your Supernatural powers, that is why you had no aura at all. That's why...you were human"

Megan's silence confirmed that everything he had said was true. A Sealing Spell. She had had a Sealing Spell cast on her. A spell that had been forbidden, taboo.

But...why?

And if her powers were sealed then how is she able to use them now?!

"But I thought the Sealing Spell hasn't been performed for hundreds of years!" Marco cried out.

"That's what I thought too", Alpha Penson replied, "Until I read through the 'Book of Ages'. It was there, the very last time a Sealing Spell was used was not hundreds of years ago, but just a mere 10 years ago. And the very last family of Witches who had knowledge of how to perform a Sealing Spell was the Regalia family, the last of whom was presumed to be dead a decade ago"

"The last of her clan", Zuerien breathed out and I immediately knew that that had struck a chord with him.

The very last surviving member of your family, I couldn't even imagine how lonely that must have made them feel.

It was not until I felt a cool drop of water slide down my shoulder that I realized that Megan was crying. Her body was trembling and her breathing was ragged. My heart hurt for her and despite the fact that she was holding a potential weapon to my throat, I found myself wishing I could somehow comfort her.

"That's right", she grit out, between gasps, "I'm the very last of the Regalia. The very last person on whom the forbidden Sealing Spell was cast. It was cast by my mother. And she did it to protect me. To protect me from people like you!"

Everyone now wore mixed expressions, both anger and anguish painted across their faces.

"Megan-"

"NO!" Megan shouted, cutting Alpha Penson off, "You don't understand a thing! None of you do! The very last thing my mother did before dying was sealing my powers away. They're nothing but a curse on me and those around me. They've done nothing but bring me disaster"

Without warning, she threw me to the ground and I hit the ground hard. Zuerien roared in rage and lunged towards us only to stop at the sight of Megan's outstretched hand, glowing with enormous amounts of magic, pointed right at my head.

"NO!" everyone else cried out simultaneously, their faces contorting in horror.

"Don't do it Megan", Alpha Penson said, his eyes though calm, still somewhat agitated.

"I am the child of a witch and a Shadower", she said, "But after my powers were sealed away and both my parents died, I was raised by humans. I lived my life as a normal human being. I never wanted anything to do with the Supernatural world. But then-"

She lowered her gaze, glaring hatefully at the power emanating from her glowing hand, "Then one day these cursed powers started resurfacing", she said, "And when they did, I knew I couldn't stay with my human family anymore. I realized that the Sealing Spell had been incomplete. And because I couldn't go to any of the witch covens for help, I came here, hoping to speak to the Alpha of Wisdom"

Alpha Penson's eyes widened as her gaze met his, "I came here hoping that you would help me, that you would figure out a way to help me suppress these powers again", she said, "But what did I find? I found out that the very powers I hated with a passion and wanted nothing to do with, were the ones you people were searching for everywhere! I was the Luna of Intercession, and if any of you found out, I would be chained to these powers forever"

Her hand glowed brighter and my heart rate spiked. So many things were going through my head right now that I didn't know what to think! I had tried to get up, tried to move, but my body was paralyzed as though being held in place by some supernatural force.

"I don't want anything to do with Supernaturals anymore", she spat out, "I just want to be left alone by all of you! Destroy the maze right now or I won't think twice before killing your Queen!"

Marco opened his mouth to say something but she pressed her hand into the side of my head making a wave of anguish wash over me and everyone else cry out in alarm.

"SUZZANAH!" Zuerien shouted, taking a hurried step forward.

"STAY BACK!" Megan shouted, "And you! Destroy the maze!"

"Marco, do it", Alpha Penson told him and he gave Megan one cautious look before doing as he was told.

"Megan try and see reason", General Reginald said warily, "No matter where you go, these powers aren't going to disappear. Now that the Sealing spell is broken, your abilities will only get stronger. Supernaturals will recognize you by your unique powers and there will be a lot of people who will try to hurt you for them"

"He's right Megan", Cole said, "To Werewolves, you are still precious. You're our Luna of Intercession. Once outside our territory, the people who approach you will only do so with ulterior motives. Stay here, where it's safe"

"You're wrong", she said, her eyes glassy, "It's not safe here. It's not. And I know full well that most of your kind is after my blood"

"That isn't true!" Rino said, "No one wants to kill you"

"You consider me your enemy!" Megan shouted.

"What the hell do you expect?!" Zuerien shouted, "Look at what you're doing! You're threatening to kill the only person who has been vouching for you all this time. The only person who has been on your side against all the odds, from the very beginning! Take a bloody look at yourself! It's not who you are, but what you're doing right now that is making you our enemy!"

Megan winced as though she had been slapped across the face and her eyes fell to me. Guilt and regret swirled in her green orbs as her face met mine.

"Let Suzzanah go", Zuerien told her, "If there is anyone you need to take your anger out on, it's us. Not her"

Megan's jaw clenched before she looked at Marco, "Is the maze gone?"

Marco nodded, his eyes flickering between her hand and my head. Stooping down, Megan grabbed my arm and pulled me up again, all the while keeping her glowing had close to my head.

"When I'm gone", she said, "Just leave me alone. I will never interfere with your kind ever again. I won't cause you any trouble, so just...leave me alone"

The ground beneath our feet started to glow and power began to emanate from it. A gust of wind burst out of the ground, lifting both our bodies ever so slightly into the air, our clothing and hair ruffling persistently.

I watched wide-eyed as a golden-green circle formed underneath us, with intricate, archaic patterns taking birth within. They swirled and swiveled, rearranging themselves, till both I and Megan stood over what looked like some sort of magical platform.

"A Teleportation Circle", Marco and Rino cried out in unison.

Megan slowly lowered her glowing hand from the side of my head and placed both her hands on my shoulders.

"Megan", I said pleadingly, "You don't have to do this"

"Yes, I do", she replied, before pushing me away from her with immense power.

A shocked cry escaped my lips and my body was thrown forward like a bullet shot out of a gun. Earlier, I had wondered how someone like Megan had managed to throw a wolf as large and strong as Cole's across the forest and into a tree. Now I knew, it was this magic.

This powerful magic.

I heard everyone cry out my name in alarm and I squeezed my eyes, preparing for a violent impact. My body crashed into a hard surface, but instead of pain, a flood of warmth and tingles exploded all over my body as a pair of familiar arms wrapped around me, encasing me in their safety.

"Suzzanah!"

My head shot up to find my mate's wide brown eyes staring down at me, full of concern. A burst of light from the distance made both our heads whip towards where Megan was now floating two feet above the ground, her hands outstretched on either side of her, her hair drifting in waves around her face.

In a flash, Zuerien's eyes turned darker and he his head whipped to the side, "RINO! NOW!" he shouted.

Before I knew what was happening, Rino dropped down to the floor and slammed both his hands onto the ground. The wooden flooring underneath Megan's levitating body cracked and broke and thick, brown-green vines shot out of the ground and wrapped themselves around her legs.

Megan shouted in alarm, the bright light from her circle fading slightly. Immediately she raised her hand, circling it over her frame just as she had done before and the golden-green magic surrounded her once again before transforming her into a pitch black Shadow.

Her Shadow form!

Immediately she slipped out of the vines encasing her, her body molding itself such that she could slide out from in between them.

Alpha Penson immediately gasped, his eyes going wide at what she had done. But before she could go far, a wall of flames surrounded her, making her emit a shocked cry.

My eyes shot up to Zuerien whose eyes were pitch black, his hand outstretched towards her. My head whipped back towards Megan just in time to see her use her magic to return to her human form, jerking away from the flames, terrified.

Immediately the flames died down and she was yet again captured by a cage of vines, thicker and stronger than the ones before. Megan released a desperate cry, grabbing onto the vines, trying to free herself from them.

"MARCO! Put up the maze again, right now!" Zuerien cried out and Marco immediately clasped his hands together again, as I had seen him do, earlier this morning.

"NO!" Megan cried out and before anyone could even blink, a powerful sphere of magical energy burst out of her palm and flew right at Marco.

"MARCO!" I shouted horrified but he lunged out of the way, barely missing the attack.

The sphere crashed into the wall behind, them shattering it into pieces, leaving a large gaping hole in the concrete. I gaped in shock at the magnitude of power that Megan could exercise at will. It felt unreal.

A distressed cry escaped Megan's lips and I found her staring at the damage she had done, in horror. Through the hole in the wall, I could see the large number of werewolves who had gathered outside, probably as backup, waiting for their Alpha's orders. When they saw the state of affairs on the inside, all of them started to pour into the library.

"NO! STAY BACK!" Alpha Penson shouted, but it was too late.

Two of them shifted and lunged at Megan their jaws wide open. I screamed in panic, "NO! DON'T HURT HER!"

A circle of fire immediately formed around Megan, this time protecting her from wolves, one of whom threw himself to the side, to avoid getting burnt, while the other was shoved away, just in time by General Reginald.

My head shot up to find Zuerien's hand extended towards the flames, "STAND DOWN! ALL OF YOU!" he commanded making all the wolves halt in the tracks.

Megan stared at him wide-eyed before destroying the vines that were holding her captive. Rino immediately went to try and capture her again, but a wave of invisible magic shot out of Megan crashing into everyone around her and throwing them backward.

Before the energy collided with me and Zuerien, he hurriedly turned us around, shielding me from the onslaught. And despite the magnitude of Megan's power, it failed to throw him off balance.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" Megan cried out, the teleportation circle underneath her glowing brighter.

Random bouts of powerful magic started to shoot out of her in all directions, destroying everything around her, shattering everything to pieces.

"HER MAGIC IS UNSTABLE!" Alpha Penson cried out, "Everyone get out of the way!"

"EVERYONE FALL BACK!" Zuerien cried out, "GET OUT OF THE LIBRARY!"

Megan screamed as more energy burst out of her, crashing into a few of the Werewolves around her. They were thrown backwards and slammed into walls and shelves making panic and pain flood my body.

"MEGAN NO!" I yelled, trying to rush towards her, but Zuerien immediately pulled me back into him.

"No Suzzanah!" Zuerien shouted, dragging me back with him.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw Marco and Cole dash towards Megan in an attempt to stop her. Her head shot up and she extended her hand towards them, her eyes wide in fear.

"NO! DON'T COME NEAR ME! STAY BAC-"

Before she could complete her sentence, magic exploded out of her outstretched hand and impaled both Marco and Cole violently.

The scream that ripped from my lips echoed throughout the destroyed library, "MARCO! COLE! NOOOO!"

Zuerien dashed forward in a flash, appearing right behind Marco and Cole's bodies and grabbed them both just before they crashed into the glass windows behind them. Instead, his back crashed into the glass, splinters and shards flying everywhere.

"ZUERIEEEEN!" I lunged forward but my shoulders were grabbed and I was hauled back by General Reginald.

Almost instantly, the power that had been bursting out of Megan uncontrollably, subsided considerably and my head shot towards Megan to find her staring in shock at Zuerien, Marco and Cole.

Blood that was oozing out of Marco's and Cole's wounds was splattered over the walls. My throat ran dry at the sight and my heart clenched in unbelievable pain. But hope bubbled up within me when I saw Zuerien push them both up.

They were injured, but they were both awake. They were alive.

A broken cry escaped Megan's lips as she brought a trembling hand to her lips, "No", she breathed out, "What have I done? What have I done? No! Not again"

Forcing myself out of General Reginald's grasp, I shook my head at him when he tried to stop me and took a step towards Megan.

"Megan, it's alright", I said, raising my hands towards her, "They're okay"

Her head whipped towards me, her eyes wide in horror, "I-I told you", she breathed out terrified, "I told you...my powers- they­-"

"Its alright", I repeated, taking another step forward, "Please, just calm down"

"No", she whispered, tears forming in her eyes, "I can't stay. I can't stay here. If I do..."

She cringed and her voice trailed away. The circle underneath her feet immediately started to glow brightly again and Zuerien immediately cried out for me.

Rino and the General were by my side in a second, standing in front of me, shielding me. Megan flinched on seeing them, her magic growing stronger instantly and immediately throwing us all back.

Both the men protected me from the impact, and a gust of strong wind flooded the room, once again lifting Megan off the ground. Golden-green magic and electricity swirled around, encasing her in what looked like an armor.

"Stay away from me", she said, one last time as her magic built up to its zenith, "All of you!"

"MEGAN!" I shouted, watching her with pleading eyes, "We won't hurt you!"

Through the translucent encasing of her powerful magical aura, Megan looked down at me, her eyes glassy and lined with silver tears.

I'm sorry, Suzzanah, I heard her voice sound brokenly in my mind, But I'll hurt you

"MEGAN, NOOO!"

As she was encased in a cocoon of light and magic, I desperately reached out for her, but I was held back by strong arms. And just before the bright light flooded the entire room, I saw Alpha Penson rush towards her and slam his hand down on her teleportation circle.

I squeezed my eyes shut as everything in my sight turned blindingly white. Guilt, fear, pain and regret flooded my body one last time before slowly fading away, just like the person whom those emotions had belonged to.

For a few seconds, a deafening silence permeated my surroundings before I heard the sound of breathing, my own breathing. Slowly, I opened my eyes, blinking several times before taking in the sight before me.

I lay in one corner of the what appeared to be the remains of the library. Everything around me lay in complete ruin. Walls were cracked and cratered, some even destroyed completely, planks of broken woods from bookshelves were piled in different places. Pages from books were strewn all over the place and shards of glass lay scattered everywhere, glistening under the sunlight that was streaming in through the broken windows.

And Megan was gone.

I was still gaping at the horrifying sight when large hands slid underneath my arms and pulled me off the ground. Instantly I was engulfed in a warm, protective hug and a broken cry escaped my lips.

"Zuerien..." I breathed out and hugging him close before gasping and immediately pulling away, "Your injuries!" I cried out worriedly, cupping his face in my hands.

My wide panicked eyes roamed his face for any cuts or bruises before my hands descended to his back, searching it frantically.

"I'm okay, heart", Zuerien told me gently, stopping my frenzied movements and I blinked in both relief and bewilderment on realizing that his skin was unbroken and perfectly smooth.

There were no longer any injures on his back, from when he had crashed into the glass windows.

"You healed", I said and he nodded, before worriedly scanning my body which was once again covered in cuts and bruises.

Immense concern clouded his eyes but I quickly shook my head, "I'm fine...b-but, but what about Marco and Cole?!" I cried out.

"We're alright"

I whipped around to find Marco and Cole standing behind me. I immediately lunged at them, grabbing each by their shoulders, "Oh God!" I said horrified when I saw the dried blood clinging to their skin.

"It's okay Queen", Marco told me, "The wounds are gone"

I exhaled a huge sigh of relief, gasping for air as I lowered my head, "Thank goodness!" I breathed out and Marco smiled at me while Cole patted my shoulder.

"Is everyone alright?" I heard Zuerien call out loudly.

Almost immediately a plethora of voices replied with "Yes, Alpha" and I stepped away from Cole and Marco and looked around to see that a huge crowd of Werewolves had gathered around us.

A lot of their eyes immediately zeroed in on me, a multitude of emotions crossing their faces, some looking relieved, some awed and others either skeptical or just plain curious. But before I could dwell on their stares, all their eyes went wide and they bowed deeply.

I turned to find Zuerien glaring at the now bowed crowd. I cringed slightly before lowering my head and looking away. My eyes suddenly zeroed in on a motionless form lying on the ground at a distance, and my heart almost stopped in terror as I realized who it was.

"ALPHA PENSOOON!"

My bloodcurdling scream tore through the air and before I knew it, I was running towards him. I fell on all fours in front of his body which was splayed on the ground in a prone position.

Before I could even reach out to touch him, I was surrounded by the others. Their faces were pale in shock and horror as they hurriedly knelt beside me.

"JOHN!" Zuerien cried out, lifting Alpha Penson's body from the ground and turning him around.

"GET ROMA AND SOME HEALERS, QUICK!" Cole shouted to someone while Zuerien pressed his hand to the Alpha's chest.

"He's alive", he said, his brow creased in worry, "But I don't understand what went wrong!"

"A-Alpha!" I cried out desperately, placing both my hands on his chest, "ALPHA PENSON!"

He didn't even so much as stir.

My eyes filled with tears as my cries to him turned panicked, "ALPHAAA!"

On first glance, Alpha Penson looked completely unharmed but it was only when my eyes fell to his right hand that I felt my bile rise to my throat and all breath leave my lungs.

"Oh God..." I gasped , my trembling hands covering my lips.

Alpha Penson's hand was completely charred all the way up to his elbow, burnt black right down to the bones.

"Oh shit!" Marco cried out in horror, "God, What happened?!"

General Reginald checked his pulse before touching his injured hand, "It's magic", he breathed out, his face scrunched up in confusion, "Did John get hit by any of Megan's attacks?"

My mind immediately flashed back to that moment just before Megan had teleported away, when Alpha Penson had slammed his hand down on her magic circle.

Why...why had he done that?!

"H-he...he-he to-touched it", I stammered, my voice trembling and eyes tearing up, "He t-touched her ma-magic circle, j-just before sh-she teleported!"

An exasperated growl escaped Zuerien lips, "JOHN, YOU FOOL! " he cried out before hurriedly picking him up on his back, "Where's Roma?"

"She's coming", Cole said hurriedly, "She just entered the Western border of the woods along with a team of healers"

"I'm going to them", Zuerien said, standing up, "It'll be faster that way"

Everyone nodded and Zuerien looked at General Reginald, "We'll handle everything here", he said, "Go"

"I-I'll come w-with you", I said hurriedly getting up and placing a trembling hand on Alpha Penson's shoulder, the other clutching my aching chest.

"No heart, don't", Zuerien told me before looking at the others, "Get her back to my cottage. I'll have a medic sent there right away to have your injuries treated"

"B-but will h-he...be okay?" I asked.

"He'll be fine", General Reginald told me gently.

"B-but his hand-"

"Don't worry", he said, "John is much tougher than he looks. He'll heal. There is no way he will be taken down by something like this"

I was about to reply when a cough sounded making all our breaths catch in our throats.

"Well...I never imagined...waking up to being complimented...by you"

"JOHNNN!" everyone gushed in unison as the injured Alpha raised his head slightly to look at us.

An immense wave of relief washed over me, and had it not been for Cole supporting my back, I would have collapsed to the ground gasping.

"JOHN! Are you okay?!" Zuerien asked worriedly, looking over his shoulder at him.

"Fine", the Alpha rasped, but it was obvious that he was in pain.

"What the hell were you thinking John!" Marco said as we all hurriedly towards the library's door, the concerned crowd immediately clearing the way for our company.

"Megan", was all he could manage to say before he went into a fit of coughing.

"Its okay John, don't talk", Zuerien said.

The Alpha shook his head, still swallowing hard between coughs, "Megan...she's..."

"She's gone", Cole replied, "But don't worry, we'll find her"

"I'll have the search started right away", General Reginald said, "We'll contact all the packs across the world to commence looking for her immediately"

"I'll contact my family and ask them to start searching the areas under their jurisdiction too", Rino added.

"We'll find her again for sure", Marco said, "Even if it takes longer because we don't know where she teleported to"

"Dublin"

All our eyes shot back to the Alpha of Wisdom to breathed deeply before repeating, "Megan...she's in Dublin"

"B-but...how did you-"

"That's what you were doing when you recklessly touched her teleportation circle earlier, wasn't it?" Zuerien growled out, "It was to figure out where she was going to teleport"

"He can do that?" Rino asked wide eyed.

Alpha Penson chuckled tiredly, "Just one of the few tricks...I have up my sleeve..."

General Reginald and Cole immediately started to mind-link, probably the Alphas of the packs in Ireland. Tears slid down my eyes as I pressed my hand into Alpha Penson's shoulder. Zuerien kissed the top of my head before giving me a reassuring smile.

"He'll be okay heart", he told me, "Don't worry"

I nodded, unable to speak, feeling choked up with emotion. After motioning to Rino and Marco to take care of me, Zuerien decided to leave for where Roma was.

Just as he began to walk away, Alpha Penson raised his head again and his gaze briefly found my face. His tired eyes immediately went wide and a gasp escaped his lips as his gaze zeroed in on my hair.

Zuerien halted once more, looking quizzically between the two of us. I shook my head, telling him I didn't know what this was about before bending towards Alpha Penson worriedly.

"Alpha?" I said softly, my concerned eyes scanning his wise dark ones.

He stared at me in absolute shock, as though unable to look away before a small smile made its way to his lips.

"Ah..." he breathed out, his eyes filling with unparalleled affection, "There you are, dear one"

He reached out and placed a hand over my head, smiling tenderly at me, "I really...missed you...so much"

Almost immediately afterward, he slipped out of consciousness and my eyes went wide in concern, "ALPHA!"

"Its okay", Zuerien said, "Its okay sweetheart. I'm going now. Take care of yourself Suzzanah"

I nodded and immediately he dashed off into the woods. I stood there, my hands pressed to my heart, staring after them for many moments after they were gone. A thousand thoughts raced through my head, filling me with a sense of unease, and all the numbness brought about by the tension slowly started to fade away.

I cringed at the first feeling of pain in my side, pressing my hand to my ribs. They felt tender and sensitive underneath my fingers, the dull ache growing fast.

Rino and Marco were by my side in an instant, looking over me with concerned eyes.

"Anna, are you okay?" Rino asked anxiously, "Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine", I said, licking my dry lips.

"Damn it", Marco cursed worriedly, "I tell her to be safe and she ends up looking like a beat up homeless thug"

"Where's Prophecy?" I asked, ignoring his comment, "She's the one who brought you here right?"

Both of them nodded, "I was actually worried that she would teleport us all to different parts of the universe", Marco said, "But thankfully she came through for us"

"She passed out right after we got here", Rino told me.

"Is her soul gone again?" I asked worriedly and Marco shook his head, "No, she's just tired. Teleportation magic can be very draining. I imagine Megan will be out cold for at least a week after the gargantuan spell she pulled off. She has to be the strongest witches I have seen in ages, and one of the biggest pains in the ass too"

I smiled at his comment, hoping that Megan was okay.

"Climb on Anna", Rino said, kneeling in front of me, "Let's get you back to Wolfa's cottage"

I was too tired to argue with him and was about to do as I was told when I overheard the conversation taking place behind me.

"I can't believe it, that woman was the Luna of Intercession!"

"Intercession is a Shadower! A bloody Shadower!"

"Damn it! Do we really need to look for her?!"

"I don't want a Shadower Luna!"

My head immediately whipped around to find a large group of Werewolves discussing this matter. A frown immediately made its way to my face at the sight of the disgusted looks on their faces.

"What's going on here?" Marco asked disapprovingly.

"Alpha", one of the wolves said, "Are you really going to accept that woman as the Luna of Intercession?!"

"You're not really going to let a woman like her become part of the Council Extraordinaire, are you?" another asked.

"What's the problem?" Marco asked, his eyes hard and authoritative.

"She's a Shadower!" another one of the wolves cried out making my fists clench, "We're not really going to let a Shadower be part of our High Council are we?"

"Her being a Shadower takes a back seat to her status as Intercession", Marco told them.

"But we don't want to be governed by a Shadower", another wolf shouted.

"Yeah! We don't want her to be one of us"

"We won't accept her!"

My eyes widened in disbelief at their words, Megan's own statements from before now resounding in my mind.

"You think anyone out there will be able to accept me and forget that I'm a Shadower? The very thing they despise more than anything else in the world!"

My fists clenched at my sides, my knuckles turning white as more memories from this morning flooded my mind.

"She's not one of us!"

"She can't be part of us!"

"Why are we searching for her? Let's just leave her be!"

"We don't want someone like her"

"Why?"

Before Marco could shout at them, a different voice caught everyone's attention, a voice that was strong, cold and authoritative.

My voice.

All gazes immediately found my face, eyes widening on finding me. I took a step forward, my jaw clenched, hands balled.

"Why?" I asked again, "Why don't you want her?"

The werewolf who had said those words earlier hesitated, looking around before answering, "Well...she's the enemy?"

"Why?" I asked again, "What did she do to you?"

He cringed, lowering his head slightly. The guy next to him spoke up.

"With all due respect Luna...she's a Shadower-"

"So?" I asked, my voice terse and demanding.

Everyone in the group exchanged glances before the guy looked back at me.

"Luna...Shadowers and Werewolves are arch enemies", he told me, "You may not know this because you're new here but-"

"Oh I know", I told him, cutting him off, "I know everything. But that doesn't mean I approve of it all"

"Luna Queen...Shadowers, especially powerful ones like Megan are very dangerous!" another one exclaimed, "Their kind has done things that can never be forgiven!"

"Did Megan do them?" I asked making him tense.

"Luna you don't understand-"

"You're right, I don't", I said, "I don't understand"

My voice was harsh, filled with the same anger and grief that was now searing through my veins. I could feel my hands trembling in rage and despair, my heart aching over everything that had happened.

All eyes were on me, their gazes unwavering, some worried, some confused and others completely baffled. I didn't know where I was getting the strength to say these words, but I knew that I needed to say them.

"Why?" I asked yet again, my gaze cold and unforgiving, "Why is it that you all blame the mistakes of a few people on the entire race? Why is it that the sins of a few dark-hearted souls turn everyone vile in your sight?"

My voice trembled and eyes burned with unshed tears as I added, "Why is it...that you punish the innocent...for crimes they haven't even committed...just because...they're different from you?"

Immediately they all winced and exchanged concerned glances.

"L-Luna", one woman spoke up, "It isn't about being different-"

"Oh isn't it?" I asked her, my tone bitter and accusatory, "Then tell me. What have humans done to you? Why did your people mock and beat me up?"

"Those people are a very small minority of our kind", another said, "We assure you, not all of us feel that way. And those who did only did so because they thought you were sleeping with the Alpha"

"They thought?" I shouted, my eyes blazing with fury, "They beat me and gagged me and locked me up in a tiny wardrobe because they thought I had slept with your Alpha?!"

The guy flinched, "I-"

"And what if I had?" I spat out, "What is it to them? What is it to any of you? If I had slept with your Alpha, even if I wasn't his mate, it would have been something your Alpha King agreed to! Who the hell are you people to decide whether its right or wrong?"

Everyone lowered their gazes, a few of them even trembling under my fury.

"The problem is you people don't even try to look beyond your prejudice", I told them, "But you're right, it isn't just about me and Megan being different from you. Your kind hated me because I was too weak. Now you hate Megan because she is too strong. What...What are we supposed to do?!"

"Ever since Zuerien accepted me as his mate, all I have heard from him is how wonderful Werewolves are", I continued, "How loyal and loving and upright they are! I guess he forgot to add the part that said- 'towards other werewolves'"

Feelings of regret and guilt radiated off the wolves and washed over me in waves, but it did little to quench the fire that was raging inside me. I could feel Zuerien and Mr. Talon trying to mind-link me but I blocked them out. Cole, Marco and Rino were by my side, trying to calm me down, but I was too far gone to stop now. I was angry.

I was hurt.

"You say you hate Shadowers", I said, "And that's a valid point. Their kind has done something that is unforgivable in your eyes, so you can't trust them. You wont trust them. So tell me"

I inhaled deeply, my eyes hardening as I spoke the next words, "After what your kind did to me this morning... should I hate you all?"

Immense distress and despair bombarded my body, overwhelming all my senses for a passing second. The faces of all the werewolves around me were painted with absolute horror and grief. Even Cole, Marco and Rino were staring at me, worry and shock painted across their features.

"I shouldn't right?" I said, "Its not fair for me to hate the entire race for the wrongs of a few people. And I won't, especially because even though I suffered in the hands of a few wolves", I looked at my friends, "There have been others who have treated me better than anyone else has ever treated me in my life"

Cole, Marco and Rino's expressions softened, tender smiles making their way to their faces.

I looked back to the werewolves before me, "I know that what happened between the Werewolves and Shadow People is different", I told them, my tone not half as harsh anymore, "Its a matter that's all too unforgivable. Hate them all you want, you're not wrong, your enmity against them isn't unjustified. But at least when it comes to what's important for the Werewolf Kingdom, try and look beyond your prejudice"

"Your King is a perfect example", I told them, "He is probably the one who has suffered most in their hands. Yet, if he can choose to look beyond the betrayal, grief and hatred to consider what's important for the kingdom, isn't it your duty as his people to do the same?"

Everyone hung their heads, not meeting my eyes. Their feelings of uncertainty, hesitation and guilt were not hidden from me.

"From what I have seen so far, Werewolves are people who have been tied to destiny for all eternity now", I said, my tone softer, "If the very same destiny that decided your mates also decided that Megan should be the Luna of Intercession, then at least give her a chance, will you? And when you do, it will be her duty to prove herself to you"

I raised my head, "Judge her then, for who she is, and not for what she has no control over, like being a Shadower", I said, "And as your Luna, it will be her responsibility to prove that she is worth your consideration, just as it is my responsibility to do the same. So-"

I turned my head, my eyes searching the crowd till my eyes landed on General Reginald, who was leaning against a tree, watching the entire fiasco. I strode towards him, my head held high while everyone exchanged puzzled glances.

When I reached him he pushed himself off the tree and awaited whatever I had to say, a small smile playing on his lips. Everyone gathered around us curious to hear what I was going to say, anticipation clearly visible in their eyes.

"I may be Zuerien's predestined mate, but as the Queen, it is my responsibility to prove that I am worth the title", I told him, "The Werewolf Kingdom deserves a strong Queen, and I want to prove that I am. So please, teach me what I need to know"

A plethora of gasps and shocked breaths filled the air around us, but I kept my eyes firmly glued to the General's face. His eyes widened, surprise and pride twinkling within their depths.

"You want to be my student?" he asked.

"Yes"

"Are you sure?"

"I am", I said, before bowing my head, "Please teach me"

Queen, what are you doing? Do you want to die? Marco mind-linked me nervously.

"You do know...that I don't go easy on my pupils", General said, "My training sessions are brutal. I wont make exceptions, just because you're the Queen"

I raised my head and looked him in the eyes, my resolve unwavering, "I won't have it any other way"

His smile widened and he nodded, "Alright then", he said, "I accept you as my newest student"

I grinned, "Thank you", I said to him.

"We'll start as soon as we have someone look at your injuries", he said and I nodded before turning around to find everyone staring at me in awe. I smiled at them, making their eyes widen even further.

"Uh...shouldn't someone consult the Alpha about this too?" Cole said hesitantly, "Because I don't think he'll be very happy about this decision"

"You're right, I'm not"

All heads whipped around to find Zuerien returning, his eyes dark and stance authoritative as he strode towards us taking powerful steps. Seeing him looking relaxed instantly made me feel better, knowing that Alpha Penson was probably okay. Everyone immediately bowed, but I didn't, making sure I kept my smiling gaze on him.

Once he was standing in front of me, everyone raised their heads and Cole stepped forward.

"The Alpha of Ireland have been informed about Megan", he said, "With special attention being paid to Dublin. He will inform us immediately should Megan be found"

"I've created a maze around the entire city of Dublin to ensure that Megan can't escape", Marco said, "And although it isn't very strong, it should hold till we go to Dublin the day after tomorrow"

Zuerien nodded and I inhaled deeply, anticipation flowing through me like fire. Day after tomorrow was the big day. the day we would go to Dublin, and hopefully find both our lost Lunas. We couldn't go right now because we needed to wait till Karina and Terrence were already in Dublin. If we went earlier, our presence there could cause them to change their plans.

Zuerien turned his head, directing his cool gaze at me.

"Being reckless again, are we?" he asked and I smiled, shrugging.

"Might as well be", I replied, "Since I'm good at it"

"I faintly remember telling you once that I don't want you to indulge in activities that could harm you", he said.

"And I faintly remember disagreeing with you", I replied, my smile widening.

"We came to a mutual understanding that day, didn't we?" he asked and I nodded, "I remember"

Zuerien's lips turned upwards into a small smirk before he looked at the General.

"Just because she's the Queen doesn't mean you need to go easy on her", he said, making the General nod, before he added, "But just because you're my teacher, it doesn't mean I won't clobber you if you hurt my mate"

Everyone, including me, sucked in sharp breaths, gaping at Zuerien in shock.

General Reginald smirked, "Zuerien my boy, pain is part of the learning process", he said, "The Queen wants to do this to prove to her people that she is strong. I am merely following her orders"

"She already is strong", Zuerien told him, pride radiating from his words making my heart flutter, "What you need to do is not start from scratch but take the skills she already has and make them stronger"

The General grinned, "I understand what you mean", he said, "I give you my word, I will do exactly that"

Both men looked at me and I smiled at them and nodded. Cole, Marco and Rino grinned at me, their feelings of pride unconcealed. The other emotions were those of awe and wonder that were radiating off the other wolves around me, and I smiled knowing that this was probably my very first step into my role as the Luna Queen.

And after having vented out all the anger and frustration I felt about what the werewolves did to me, I was feeling much lighter.

I was moving forward.

Zuerien had brought a healer with him who immediately saw to all my injuries, and when she was done, I felt completely refreshed. Standing up, I thanked her before turning to my mate.

"Alpha Penson?" I asked and he nodded.

"John is alright", he said, "His hand is already healing much faster than anticipated. He should be back to normal by tomorrow"

I smiled widely, that was the best news I had heard all day. Zuerien stepped towards me and cupped my cheek.

"You're sure about this?" he asked and I nodded.

"I'm sure", I said just as General Reginald approached us with two familiar objects in his hands which he threw towards us.

Zuerien caught both in his hands before handing them to me. Inhaling deeply I took them from him feeling excited.

"Ready?" both men asked me and I looked down at the objects in my hands.

A bow, and an arrow.

I looked into their eyes and nodded.

"I'm ready"

****

The last day of the Games finally arrived and I stood at the entrance of the Game Grounds, watching everyone prepare for the first event of the day. So much had happened during the Games that it felt like much longer than just 5 days.

After everything that had taken place at the library yesterday, it took us the rest of the day to sort things out. All the events that had been scheduled for yesterday had been rescheduled to take place today, and the very first one this morning, was the one I was to be a part of.

ARCHERY

I took deep breaths trying to calm my wildly beating heart. My body ached in several places, but it was a good kind of ache. Somehow it assured me that me that I had grown stronger.

One night was all it had taken. One night of absolutely brutal training and I was back in form.

The best I had ever been in my entire life.

General Reginald...was a monster in his field. As promised, his training had been harder than anything I had ever undergone. He had used the word 'again' so abundantly last night that I lost count after the 121st time. I had shot at least 2000 arrows yesterday, practicing throughout the day and even most of the night.

By the time I was done, I needed to see the healer again for my aching body, and I had heard that they had barely been able to keep Zuerien from murdering his teacher for it.

But the passion for archery that had been subdued all these years, was once again burning brilliantly inside of me. I felt beyond exhilarated and stronger than I ever had in my entire life.

The entire time that I had practiced yesterday, I had told my friends to stay away. I knew their presence, especially Zuerien's, would definitely affect the extent to which the General pushed me to train.

Now, even though I hadn't had much time to practice, I still felt far more confident about my skills than I ever had in my entire life. And I wanted to show them off. I wanted to make my people proud.

I wanted to make...my mate proud!

I turned my head to the right to find Mr. Talon watching me with a huge smile on his face. He had been extremely worried about me all day yesterday but had not been able to come see me because after Roma left Tony, he had been assigned to watch over him.

Tony had been sent back to the orphanage, ensuring that no one knew of his Shadower identity. There was still a question of what to do when it came to him, but one thing was certain, that child would not be punished. He hadn't done anything wrong.

We were still to receive any reports from the Alphas of Ireland about Megan's whereabouts. And though she was doing a good job of hiding, we knew that she was probably exhausted and would be unable to keep it up for long.

I only hoped...that she was alright.

Speaking of alright, Alpha Penson was doing great. He was apparently back to normal this morning as Zuerien had predicted. I hadn't seen him yet, but I was looking forward to doing so now, once I entered the Game Grounds.

I turned my head to the left, to find Rino grinning at me, his eyes still rimmed with blue owing to the crystals he still carried in his pockets which radiated his Luna's aura.

While the Werewolves were busy sorting out the chaos in their kingdom, Rino had been temporarily and very reluctantly assigned to be my guard. He was to stay by my side at all times while strictly maintaining a five foot distance. And should physical contact ever be necessary, it was to be as brief as it could possibly be, preferably spanning from 3-4 seconds.

Direct and Absolute orders from the one and only Wolfa Zuerien.

Zuerien was already on the ground, with Marco and Cole by his side, ready to make the announcement of the commencement of the first event.

General Reginald was sitting on the front row of the stands alongside Delta Del and Roma. And although from where I stood, I couldn't see Alpha Penson, I knew that he was here, and so was Luna Prophecy.

Prophecy had woken up sometime in the middle of last night, apparently having had a vision of having seen Megan close to a tram rail somewhere in Dublin. That only confirmed further that she was in Dublin and security had been increased around all tram stations and routes.

We would surely find her...very soon.

As the clock was about to strike 9:30 am, I took a deep final preparatory breath, wondering what today would bring my way. The last couple of days had been completely crazy, and I knew better than to expect any less from those to come. But somehow, I wasn't afraid. I felt strangely prepared.

If anything at all, I was looking forward to all that was to come.

Smiling at both the companions who flanked me, I let my eyes come to halt on my mate's face. I could see that his eyes were searching for me in the crowd, and I really shouldn't keep him waiting any longer.

With strengthened resolve, I raised my head confidently and strode forward towards the archery grounds.

"Let's go"

****

A/N

Hey guys,

I'm updating earlier than I expected would so...YAY!

I know, I know, Megan is gone, AGAIN, but trust me, she needed to be gone for certain things to...well, happen.

For those of you who are upset that there aren't more Zuerianah moments please don't worry, they're coming up very soon ;)

All Prophecy seems to do is pass out or disappear. Yes, yes she does, but she'll have her moments pretty soon too :D

I made this chapter super long and I hope you liked it.

If you did please do VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE!

Until next time,

All my love

Angel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.8K 15
*18+ Sexual/Violence Content Warning - Read At Own Discretion* A vicious smile touches his lips as he seems to read my intentions. "I knew it w...
1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
52.7K 1.4K 26
A werewolf in the midst of humans. What's up with that? But then, a group of werewolves join the school. What happens when the Alpha is her mate? Wi...
1.5M 25.8K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...