School Mate

By Ladybug29

Pennsylvania. The one place that Sandra never thought she would end up having a life in. But when her dad i... More

The Smolder
What Kind of Nurse Are You?
I Finally Have a Mate
Project Hell Hole
Turning In My Man Card
When Did I Get Tatoos?
Sherlock and Watson
Via
Rescuing the Princess
Ice Cream Man
Worst Job Ever (not)
Dealing With The Dorito
Revealed in Time
Camping out in School
Rescued from the Lips
What, A Power?
Girls Can Do Stuff Too
The Start of the Month
Introduction to the Parents
Wolf in the Graveyard
Escape
Controlling the Inner Core
Double the Pain
Life's Memories
A Childhood
Just Crave
The Full Moon
Shine Bright like a Moonlight

The Energy Sponge

1.3K 59 13
By Ladybug29

Chapter 26- Sandra's Perspective-

October 29

I pried open my eyes and stared at the person in front of me. 

"Colt?" 

Colt ran over to where I was and knelt down. "Sandra, you are finally awake!" 

I was a bit confused, "What do you mean?" 

"Sandra you have been out for a week or so." 

I tried to get up, but collapsed back onto my bed. "I felt like I just had gotten beaten up and then went on a roller coaster twenty times." 

Colt helped me back on my poorly cushioned bed. "Do you remember the last thing I told you? The doctors were not supposed to inject you with the medicine they did. After that you started screaming out Cole's name and blacked out." 

I could barely remember what happened, but I knew I saw Cole.  "You should have seen it Colt, the room transformed to chaos." 

Colt's face painted a picture of worry. "Sandra the medicine they injected you with is slowly killing your wolf. The doctors, they tried to stop it. I think my father purposely did this." 

I could see a complete disappointment in Colt's eyes when he told what his father could have possibly done. That poor kid. 

"Well it's not like I need it. I mean being a furry creature and all is pretty gnarly, but I don't depend on it."  I looked up at the ceiling and noticed how many cracks were in the concrete. 

"See, Sandra, I wish that's how easy life would be, but without your wolf, you can never become a mate to Cole."   Colt's eyes were filled with sincerity like I have known him for forever. 

"So what do I do just sit here and feel helpless and weak." I felt like a princess who needed her prince charming to come and save her. 

"Pretty much." Colt's freckled face began to turn toward the door. "I will come and check on you, but I have to go before father finds out that I am friends with an enemy." 

I watched as my only friend here walked out of the door to my cell. Now to just sit here. . . 

Stupid Energy Sponge.

------------------------------------------------

Cole's Perspective

"Cole? Cole?" I fell to the floor feeling dizzy.  Geo and his father rushed over to me as we were having a meeting. 

I felt my energy being sucked out of my body. "It's her wolf." I breathed out the three words knowing that the two people in the room would understand. 

This was the boost that got me to her. She was thinking of me. "Sandra's in the northern woods." 

Richie pulled out a notepad and started writing information down. "What else?" 

"She is in a cell, they injected her with a poison that is killing her wolf." I looked up at Geo. "She'll die without her wolf." 

Richie left the room already on his phone now knowing where the pack was. "Yes, can you get us transportation?" 

"Geo, she is really weak. The Northern pack must be really antsy." I pulled myself in a chair to regain my energy. 

"We'll find her Cole, it's now just a matter of how to get there." I have never seen my best friend so serious before, but just like everyone else, we were ready to fight. 

"Okay, thanks for trying." Richie hung up his phone and sighed. "We will be travelling by wolf." 

"When?" Geo and I glanced at each other in a surprised look, knowing that we were going to do a sneak attack. 

"It will take a day to get there. We need to plan this right before the full moon. Tonight will be the time." Richie rushed out of the meeting room's doors and went to prepare the others. 

"You feeling better man?" Geo stuck his arm out so I could stand up. 

"Yes, nothing that a good old fight can't fix." I lifted myself in a standing position and followed Richie's path to get ready for tonight. 

--------------------------------------------------

Sandra's Perspective

I was viciously tapping my hands on my knees. I don't understand how any sick person has patience to just stare at a wall all day and lie in bed. I focused on the ruckus outside and watched as people ran down the halls and were shouting commands. 

"What the hell is going on?" I shouted from my bed because I knew I couldn't stand up. 

Colt burst through my door with the sound of shouting in the background. "It's war. Cole's pack is coming. He knows where we are." 

Joy and horror flooded through my already pale face. "Well how do you know?" 

"From you. The medicine worked." Colt did not have his normal calm edge to himself. He seemed alarmed. 

Colt turned to walk out the door and I noticed the guns strapped in his belt. Reality smacked me in the face and I realized that war was here and I was helpless. I stepped out of my bed going toward the door Colt accidentally left open. 

One step at a time. Right. Left. Right. Left. Trip. I grabbed the wall and pulled myself up. I can do this. I grabbed the door frame and slid out into the hallway where no one noticed my escape because they were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. 

Guns were everywhere scattered here and there and I shoved one down the belt of my pants and continued down the unknown hallway. Sliding my feet across the filthy floor I had no idea where I wanted to go, but I knew I wanted to get away from my cell. 

A soft cackle emerged in my right ear. "Why do we keep trying?" I knew immediately who the person was by the feeling of a mustache on my ear. 

I felt the gun in my pocket, but did not have the strength to grab it. A strong hand squeezed my neck and shoved me in a fairly modern room. 

Dark hardwood floor lined the room and a huge desk took up the side of the room and on the other side a bunch of books shelves lined the pastel colored walls that matched the blue rug. 

The man drew the curtains until all that was shining was artificial light coming from the lamps. "Your prince charming can longer save you. He will have to go through a lot to get to you. How do you even know he loves you?" 

I slid down the wall  struggling to keep enough energy to stare the man in the eyes. "I don't need a. . .a psychology  talk." 

The cackle appeared. "Not so strong when you are disabled." 

I sat in the corner of the room hoping that someone would bust open the door but nothing happened. What happened to the cool action movies where karate is useful? 

"You may enjoy an upper adjustment from your cell." The man walked to the door and turned the door knob. "This time my son won't be here to save you." He walked out of the room and I ran to the door. 

I was shaking the knob, but the knob was locked. Who makes a door that locks on the outside? Fire hazard much? 

I turned the lights off and set up the chair so I could see the stars outside. I felt my head drop and the energy of my body disappear. Maybe sleep will clear things up. That's what my mother always said, "sleep is the cure for everything." Yea, but not for a love sick heart. Oh Cole. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okee Dokee, 

So if you can't tell the book will be ending within a couple of chapters and I wanted to take a survey if I should write a second book and if you all would be up for reading it? (You don't have to tell me now, but just for a general feel) 

It's either a second book or a different book. -Oh decisions, decisions-

(It would help a lot if you would comment and tell me.) 

If you liked the chapter you have options: vote and comment or just sit back and smile and tell people about how amazing it is(just kidding.)

You guys are great, 

Sarah 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 137K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
12.8M 451K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...
145K 4.8K 65
"So tell me, Rogue, how would you like to be killed? A slit to your throat, your heart ripped out, or how about a silver bullet to your brain?" "Kiss...
361K 10.7K 33
As Jennifer became of age, she was to inherit the Alpha position from her father when he retired, but her father being the giant turd he is, wrongful...