The Dragon's Redemption

Galing kay JerrySkell

"The destroyer will come, a Valkyrie from hell on dragon back. Your rein will be cut short, your sons will sh... Higit pa

Prologue: Fata Morganna: the land of dreams
Prophesy of the Runes
Chapter 1 Long Ships
Chapter 2 Sam
Chapter 3 Loki
Chapter 4 Dragon
Chapter 5 A Merry Chase
Chapter 6 A Dragon's Tale
Chapter 7 Yeomen
Chapter 8 Moonlight
Chapter 9 Blackfish
Chapter 10 Witch
Chapter 11 Shield-maiden
Chapter 12 Dreams
Chapter 13 A Day Without Rain
Chapter 14 Frigga's-day (Friday)
Chapter 15 October Surprise
Chapter 16 Shield-woman
Chapter 17 The Long Winter's Night
Chapter 18 Betrayal
Chapter 19 Dreki
Chapter 20 Harald Bloodaxe
Chapter 21 Inga
Chapter 22 Gwen
Chapter 23 Reading Runes
Chapter 24 Storm
Chapter 25 Island in the Sun
Chapter 26 Haakon
Chapter 27 Wooden Knife
Chapter 28 A day on the Water
Chapter 29 The Arrival
Chapter 30 Touch Me Not
Chapter 31 On the Offensive
Chapter 32 The Challenge
Chapter 33 Trial by Combat
Chapter 34 The Dragon's Redemption
Chapter 35 Sheng Chi
Chapter 36 Aednat's Joy
Chapter 37 Niohoggr
Chapter 38 The Farm
Chapter 39 Family Discord
Chapter 40 Reunion
Chapter 41 Home and Farm
Chapter 42 The Trap
Chapter 43 The Ultimatum
Chapter 45 Midsummer's Eve

Chapter 44 Confrontation

106 12 0
Galing kay JerrySkell

Sam had difficulty sleeping and was up early when he heard a frantic pounding at his door. He raced to the door and opened it. Aryanna was standing, she was obviously close to panic. "Come in Mom," Sam said softly as her took her hand.

"My girls...my girls!" she gasped then the tears started flowing, she was unable to stop or find words. Sam held her and walked her to a chair and then sat with her.

"They're staying at my mother's home, working on perfume." Aryanna shook her head.

"Brieanna has been injured, her sisters were able to heal her injuries. I felt them emerge..." They were interrupted more frantic pounding was heard and Jayne and George burst into the room not waiting for Sam to open it. "You felt it too?" Aryanna asked. Jayne nodded.

"They are in great danger!" Jayne said.

"Let me ready a wagon, we can go to the village," Sam said. As they stepped outside Dreki landed.

"Niohoggr! You know too!" Aryanna gasped. Aednat who was on the dragons back started shouting in Gaeilge.

"They hurt Momma!" she shouted. The child was weeping and Aryanna took her into her arms.

"Where is she?" Aryanna asked.

"She's locked in a cave, my aunties too."

"Can you take us to her Dreki?" Sam asked.

"I crawled out through a hole. The dragons showed me the hole. I was so afraid. They beat my Momma."

"Why?" Sam asked.

"She wouldn't take off her clothes or tell Grandma Brenda the secret."

"We just can't go running off," Sam said. "The dragon can take us to the cave but if we rush in the girls will surely be killed."

"Do you know where the cave is?" Aryanna asked.

"No, but Dreki does. My mother had a secret laboratory I was never allowed in. I know she has an access tunnel in the house. I think it has other entrances."

"The hole Nit came through was very small," Dreki said, "But I can easily enlarge it, the rock of the cave is soft."

"Let me get Brie and Gwen's swords. We can arm them before we begin our assault," Sam said.

"The covenant, I can't break it, I just can't," Aryanna whispered.

"You can go to the shop and keep my mother engaged, I will go for the girls."

"I'm coming too Aria!" Jayne said. Aryanna nodded at her mother.

"Aednat, you will stay with Grandpa," Sam said.

"No, I want to come. I can get into the cave so Momma is ready."

"No!" Sam said.

"I'm a Valkyrie girl," Aednat said firmly, "I'm brave like my Momma." Sam smiled as she stood firm and resolved, her arms akimbo staring him down.

"OK, my little Valkyrie girl."

Sam strapped on his sword and slung the other swords over his shoulder. He carried three long knives in his belt as they climbed onto the dragon.

"I'll drop you ladies off near the village," Sam said, "Give me about fifteen minutes to set up at the cave then enter the shop."

******************************

Gwen fell heavily to the ground. Brieanna was shouting when Susan put her hand over Gwen's mouth touching a finger to her own lips to silence Gwen. "The dragon knocked you down, so stay down," Susan whispered. Gwen nodded and lay still. "The arrows barely miss you Gwennie," Susan whispered.

"Thank you dragon," Gwen whispered. They watched as Brenda left the cavern and a short while later were shocked to see Aednat face looking at them through the hole.

"I'm back," Aednat said as she passed Gwen's and Brieanna's swords and knives through the hole then slipped through herself. The archers had stepped away from the bars and were eating their noon meal with Edward.

"Step back!" Sam whispered as Dreki began to enlarge the opening with his powerful claws. It only took a few minutes before the opening was large enough for Sam to squeeze through.

"OK Aednat, back out you go," Sam said, "Now the rest of you."

"Ruthie you go first," Brieanna said, "then you Susie." Dreki again worked on the opening as Sam stayed in the cave. The dragons were the next to slip out. Sam was standing alone at the entrance when he was spotted. Several arrows were fired but missed. Brieanna and Gwen stepped back into the cave and used their swords to throw large fireballs into the lab area turning it into an inferno. Edward and two archers ran into the tunnel and closed the wall on the others. Many perished in the smoke but several took the side exit and ran to recapture the escaped prisoners.

Aryanna and Jayne walked into the shop and were met by two female employees. Aryanna simply pushed past them and they walked into the shops back room confronting Brenda. "I'll get right to the point Brenda," Aryanna said, "I want my daughters!"

"Did you lose them dear?" Brenda said smiling sweetly.

"I will have them or I'll take you apart!" Aryanna hissed."

"Coercion is against the covenant Sister...oh, you stepped down didn't you," Brenda mocked, she stood a head taller than Aryanna and was standing just inched from her face.

"I know they are here. Perhaps in your private lab."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You son murdered my husband and my son, I will not allow you to hurt my daughters!" Aryanna whispered then smashed the glass vile Brenda had placed on the still and shattered other glass jars.

"HOW DARE YOU! My son was acting under my direction. It was ME that was in charge!" Brenda moved to slap Aryanna but she caught her wrist and thwarted the slap. Aryanna's had glowed red and she burned Brenda's wrist as she held it. "OW! You burned me you little bitch!"

"I'll burn you good if you don't realize my daughters NOW!"

"She's mad Jayne, stop her, you were once a Sister too," Brenda pleaded.

"Burn her Aria!" Jayne said her hands also glowing red. Brenda backed away, she looked terrified. She continued to back up until she reached the spring release for the hidden door, then slipped out and slammed the door locking it and bolted down the passage.

Sam stepped out of the cave to see over a dozen men running toward them. He quickly stepped in front of the women with his sword razed. Dreki and the young dragons dived on the men and they lost their resolve turning to run as Dreki burned them to cinders. Edward's men heard someone running toward them in the dark and fired several arrows. The first arrow struck Brenda in the chest, the second pierced her right eye as she collapsed. Aryanna and Jayne tried to find the latch for the door but fluid from the vile Aryanna had destroyed reached the burner and burst into flame. They quickly exited the shop along with the female workers. Edward and his men emerged from the hidden door only to be consumed by the flames.

Dreki and the three dragons landed next to the shop. "The girls are OK. They asked me to take you home first them come back for them." A large crowd had gathered as the volunteer fire brigade began to fight the fire. Aryanna and Jayne climbed onto Dreki's back and flew off.

That evening they all met for dinner at Aryanna's home. George hugged each of his granddaughters including Gwen and his great-granddaughter. Bill had just learned of the peril the women faced and was holding Ruth unwilling to release her. So, Gwen, Ruth and Susan you all have a dragon now," Brieanna said.

"Do I get one too?" Aednat asked.

"Defiantly," Sam said, "when you're are a bit older my little Valkyrie girl."

"We will have to stand before the Three Sisters and account for breaking the covenant," Aryanna said.

"Will we be banished?" Susan asked.

"I do not think so," Jayne said. "You have a fundamental right to protect your life and those of your family. We will be required to renew our oath to keep the covenant. You Gwen and Brie will be asked to take the oath as you have not. Then you will be given citizenship."

"I thought I was a citizen," Brieanna said.

"It is conferred when you reach your seventeenth year and you take the oath."

"So I'm still a Viking shield-woman?" Brieanna teased.

"My little Valkyrie from hell," Sam replied then laughed.

"What's for dinner Mom, Gwen's starving," Brieanna asked.

"Stuffed cabbage," Jayne replied.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

171 54 52
This is about a girl who finds out that it's not easy being a phoenix. She finds out the hard way after all the lives she lived in.
216 24 25
She was banished and broken, everything ripped from her. Sent trudging back to where she came from. The land of humble beginnings. Except...things a...
539 7 6
The gods test each other with their darkest desires.
20.5K 338 65
You know that your life isn't going to get any better when your parents abandoned you, your younger and your elder sister, you lost your brother in a...