Follow Your Heart, Follow The...

By klorynwilliams00

I was finally graduating, and following my dreams. I moved to North Carolina to pursue my destined career, an... More

Prolouge
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
CHAPTER 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
NOTE! SHOULD READ! IMPORTANT NEWS
IMPORTANT NOTE
Chapter 9
*NEWS*
Chapter 10
•EXCITING NEWS•
Chapter 11
ATTENTION IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 8

6.3K 239 8
By klorynwilliams00

I rolled over to the sound of a beeping alarm.
"Why are you so annoying!" I yelled in rage.
Dreadfully, I rolled over out of my bed to get ready for work today. The weekend had flown by quickly, and Weston was slowly changing. Every time he looked at me, he had a sparkle in his eyes. I had seen that look before though, and I knew it was only a matter of time until it was gone.
Deciding not to dwell on it much longer    I headed to my luggage to get ready for the day.
When I was finally done getting ready, I headed outside to the main entrance of the building to notice a sleek black Mercedes Benz parked by the sidewalk. I knew it look familiar, but I didn't know how familiar until Weston walked out f the back of the car.
"Good morning." He walked over to me and snaked his arm around my waist.
"What are you doing here?" I asked in question.
"Well I decided I was going to make sure my girlfriend got safely to work."
"Well, I am completely capable of driving myself to work." I snapped back.
"Yes, but in 30 minutes it will be state time, and right now I'd like some church time with you."
"Okay. Fine, but we need to be careful so that no one sees us out here."
"You're right. C'mon now, let's get going."
"Okay". I started to enter the car until I was pulled back against his chest. Weston wrapped both of his arms around me and kissed the crease of my neck.
"Now we can go." He said smoothly.
My face heated up to his actions. Was he serious? Why would he do that? What if there were paparazzi or something? Now I was pissed, but I can't stay mad at him .

"So let's start with getting to know each other." Weston said as he broke the silence in the car.

"Okay. What do you want to know?"

"What do your parents do for a living?"

"Well my dad teaches Auto Body at a technical college, and my mom is a social worker. What do your parents do?"
"Well my father, Senior Maxwell, he started the company. My mom is a doctor."

"Really? What kind of doctor?"

"Cardiologist". He replied with a proud smile on his face.

"That's what my specialty was going to be, but then I decided on the pulmonary side of sports medicine. I love helping everyone. Yeah it sucks watching someone not be able to breathe, but when you finally figure out what is wrong with them, it's amazing."

Weston looked at me in complete awe. He slowly reached over for my hand and clasped it with his. He reached my hand to his lips, and sent shivers all throughout my body.

"You're so amazing. How come no one would hire you as a doctor?"
"Right now, most of the demand is for doctors who have experience, not one that just graduated. It sucks, because all I want to do is help people. Don't get me wrong I am really thankful for this job, but it's not my dream."

"I know. I can tell that you enjoy working for me, and I know you love writing, but I can also see how passionate you are about medicine. Your eyes light up in just a way when you speak about saving lives."
I didn't know what to say so instead I gave home one of my rare, shy smiles.

"We're here." Weston announced.
I opened the door to get out of the car and started walking towards the entrance. I heard footsteps behind me so I turned around, and there Weston was jogging towards me.

"What didn't you wait for me?" He asked amused.

"Cause I'm ready to get inside and get to work."

"Fair point made, Ms. Wilson. I have a meeting in fifteen minutes around Times Square, so I'm going to get going there."
I thought he was finished talking and I thought that I was going to be able to go inside and get to work, but Weston had other ideas. He stalked towards me and didn't break his gaze. Tucking a strand of hair behind my ear, he bent down and kissed me-passionately. I let a moan escape my lips and Weston took it as a sign to deepen the kiss. His tongue licked my bottom lip asking for entrance, and I accepted it. His tongue devoured my mouth, and I his. Everything felt as if it was cut too short when Weston pulled away, but never cut his eye contact away from me.

"You know you've probably made me late for work now." I spoke up.

"Oh really? Well I think I could give your boss a call. I'm sure he'll try not to fire you."

"Geez! Fire me? Well that's harsh."

"Fair point made, Wilson."

"Yes it is, Maxwell."

"Well I better get going."

"Yes, you better. I see ya around." I tried to hide the amusement in my voice, but failed miserably.

"Oh, baby, you'll do more than just see me around." Weston dipped down and planted a swift kiss on the corner of my lips, and turned on his heel back to the car.

The elevator ride to the top floor of Maxwell Enterprises was long as usual.  I'm thankful that Weston was the reason for making me late.

I walked up toward Georgias desk to greet her good morning and she had a look of panic on her face.

"Georgia what is wrong?"

"Well Weston wants a bunch of stuff done today and you're running late and he'll get mad at you and I don't want him to fire you."

"Georgia, it fine. Weston won't be mad, I promise. And if you would give me a stack of papers and I'll do them for you!"
"Thank you, Sawyer! You're a life-saver!"
"No problem, Georgia! Just doing my job!"
I turned on my heels and clicked them all the way down to my office.

As I entered my office, the same familiar clean smell filled the room, and this place was finally starting to seem like where I belong.

I headed over to the computer monitor and flipped it on. With a ping from my email, I knew it was Weston.

TO: Sawyer Wilson
FROM: Weston Maxwell
SUBJECT: Work
Ms. Wilson, today I would like for you to accompany me to a business lunch. Please be ready to answer any questions thrown your way. As for the rest of the day, I would like to have you help out Georgia with the transcripts she needs to read over. This stuff shouldn't take you too long, if you're done early you can leave work and go attend to whatever you might need.
Weston Maxwell
CEO, and a very lucky man.

TO:Weston Maxwell
FROM: Sawyer Wilson
SUBJECT: work
Mr. Maxwell thank you for informing me, and thanks for letting me off early. I do need to go house hunting! What time shall I be ready for lunch?

Sawyer Wilson, excited and curious girl--friend.

TO: Sawer Wilson
FROM: Weston Maxwell
SUBJECT: Girl--friend?
Ms. Wilson what about church and state?
Weston Maxwell, boy--friend

TO: Weston Maxwell
FROM: Sawyer Wilson
SUBJECT: church and state
Oh I'll show you church and state, Mr. Maxwell.
Sawyer Wilson, part of Maxwell companies work force.

There! That'll show him! Ha! If he wants church and state then I'll give it to him! Well I better busy myself with those transcripts.
An hour later I had finished 5 transcripts and I had my back
Turned to my other computer facing away from my desk. I had the feeling that I was being watched, so I turned around to find Weston standing in the door way with one leg over the other.
"Hey". I spoke up shyly.
"Hey."
"So what are you doing here? I thought you had a meeting."
"I did, but I need to talk to someone about church and state."
He stalked over to my chair and put his hands on either side of my arm rests. His eyes glowed hungrily, and I had no idea he could be this gorgeous. His head dipped and he kissed me feverishly, but then ended it very quickly.
"How's that for church and state." Weston spoke up with his forehead laying on mine.
"Well, it's actually breaking it." I replied all too sweetly.
"Yeah maybe, but I needed to do that."
"Did something happen today?"
"Nothing important, but we need to get going to our meeting if we want to be there in time."
"Okay."
"The car is waiting for us down stairs."
I stood up out of my chair as Weston backed away and grabbed my coat so I could leave.
I'm the car Weston reached out for my hand and I let him take it. He squeezed my hand slightly so that I'd turn over to look at him.
He smiles cheekily at me, and I knew it was something he didn't do often. He reached my hand up to his mouth and kissed my knuckles, this action had me swooning.
The drive was short to the restaurant, and we arrived right outside the lavish place on time. Weston had let  my hand loose so that I could climb out the door, and so that he could too. He followed me up to the restaurant hostess and she looked at him all too slutty.
"Mr. Maxwell" she said while batting her eyes.
"Is she here yet?"
Is who here I wondered.
"Yes, in the normal booth."
Weston looked in the direction of an older blonde lady and quickly hurried over to her.
"Mother." He said vaguely.
"Oh come here dear and give your mother a hug!"
He brought me to meet his mother. What the fuck is he up to? We just started dating. Damn him and he gave me no warning!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 783 24
Eleuthera Daniels graduates from her college in New York City, her life was amazing and nothing could ever possibly ruin it. She had the perfect guy...
613 26 6
I work for a clothing store while I study communications at NYU. Taron is a regular customer. We have a kind of teasing, banter relationship and it d...
52 1 26
*Hazel* Every time I think of college, I hyperventilate. And no, it's not because I'm excited or stressed about it... it's because I know that the ve...
53.3K 915 43
You just moved to North Carolina and started school there...I AINT SPOILING SO CLICK AND READ