Violet

By Ms_Horrendous

A loving father desperate for power. A mother trying to save her family. A girl named Violet trying to find o... More

Before You Read this
iii
Chapter 1: Intoxicated
Chapter 2: Good News
Chapter 3: Secrets Unleashed
Chapter 4: Violet
Chapter 5: Locked Away
Chapter 6: The Book
Chapter 7: The Eye
Chapter 8: The Wild, Wild Man
Chapter 9: The Proposal
Chapter 11: Rosemary
Chapter 12: Friends
Chapter 13: The Eye
Chapter 14: Nightmare
Chapter 15: The Dance
Chapter 16: Laughter and Pain
Chapter 17: Spiders
Chapter 18: To the End
Chapter 19: It's Been a While
Chapter 20: The Tooth Extraction
Chapter 21: An EYE Witness
Chapter 22: Aunt Denise
Chapter 23: Murder
Chapter 24: Best Birthday Ever
Chapter 25: What Goes on in This House, Stays in This House
Chapter 26: Fitting In
Chapter 27: Reckless Ryan
Chapter 28: Teachers and Bullies
Chapter 29: Sleep Paralysis
Chapter 30: Soccer Fun
Chapter 31: The Witch
Chapter 32: Blah Blah Blah
Chapter 33: The Cries from Behind
Chapter 34: Devin
Chapter 35: Satisfaction
Chapter 36: Behind The Mask
Chapter 37: Bitter Sweet Revenge
Author's Note
Chapter 38: The Sleepwalker
Chapter 39: Planning with Abby
Chapter 40: Glass Bottles
Chapter 41: Visitors
Chapter 42: Strangers in the Halls
Dear Hide and Seek Shippers
Chapter 43: A Mother's Breakdown
Chapter 44: Someone That I knew
Chapter 45: Mariel's Last Breath
Chapter 46: Almost Home
Chapter 47: Play Along
Chapter 48: Lights Off, Begin
Chapter 49: One Down, Two More to Go
Chapter 50: Two Down, One More To Go
Chapter 51: Birthday Present
Chapter 52: America's Most Wanted
Chapter 53: Less Than a Library
Chapter 54: Chop Suey
Chapter 55: The Downing's
Chapter 56: The White Room
Chapter 57: Ryan's Return
Chapter 58: As you Wish
Chapter 59: Mrs. Harmon's Sacrifice
Chapter 60: Jasper
Chapter 61: Jasper and Ryan
Chapter 62: Stepping Past Boundaries
Chapter 63: A Sacrifice for my Friends
Chapter 64: First Game
Chapter 65: Seven
Chapter 66: Five
Chapter 67: The Countdown
Chapter 68: The Fire
Chapter 69: Dead Wrong
Soon

Chapter 10: The Sacrifice

32K 2K 519
By Ms_Horrendous

One day, my dad decided to take me out with him and his little friend. He called his shovel his little friend. I would soon find out what it was for. 

As we walked away from his parents' house then into the tall grass across the street, he sang me a song. "Nights of white satin. Never reaching the end." It was a song by The Moody Blues. The song was rather sad, but he sang it in a funny way that made me giggle. 

When we reached the end of the tall grass, we stopped. In front of us was nothing but short grass and open space. It was nice. You'd be surprised nothing was built on this beautiful land. My father set me down and told me to go play while he walked a few feet away from me into the grass. He dug further into a hole that I didn't notice was already there. He dug more and more and every time that I got near him he moved me.

As I was playing, we heard a car running nearby. My dad stopped digging and smiled really big. "This is it," he said. I watched as he looked in the direction of the car and stared, his eyes wide. His arms raised in the air, palms flat out and raised high. "Ok. I'm ready."

I couldn't tell what he was doing but as a two-year-old, I found it funny. I raised my hands in the air, too; totally unaware of two lifeless bodies floating behind me. I thought he was looking at me but he was looking at something behind me. When I turned around, I was shocked to see a man and a woman floating. Their hands were firmly pressed against their sides, and their legs were close together, too. Both of their eyes were wide open and it didn't look as though they had control of their body.

Daddy brought them toward him and slowly lowered them into the hole. In the hole, they were able to move. My father picked me up because I was walking toward the hole. As he held me, the both of us peered into the hole.

"What are you doing!" the man yelled. "Get us out of here!"

My father smiled. "It worked! I can move things with my hands," he said happily while staring at the two.

The woman was horrified, but the man only cursed at my father and yelled for him to let them out. "Be right back!" my father exclaimed and carried me along with him. I heard the people in the hole screaming and yelling for help. No one would hear them out there.

My dad walked toward the tall grass and picked up something that rested on the ground. Something I had not seen in a while. 

The book

I didn't plan on seeing that thing again but there it was, as clear as day, in his hands. He walked back to the two people standing in the hole and held out the book.

"Let's make a deal," my dad said. "You sacrifice your souls to this book and I let you out."

"What the hell, man? Let me out or I'm calling the cops," the man in the hole said.

Dad slid up his shirt and reached in his back pocket. He quickly pulled out a gun and aimed it at the woman in the hole. "I'll ask again. Do you sacrifice-?"

"Get a damn life you psychopath."

My dad fired a shot right next to her, barely missing. She screamed and held onto the man. I started to cry. "I'm not messing around!" my dad shouted. Do you sacrifice-?"

"Yes!" the lady screamed. My father shot once more, this time barely missing the guy.

"And you, sir?" my dad asked, pointing the gun at the man.

"Yes. Yes. We sacrifice our souls to the damn book," the man said.

The book began to shake rapidly, followed by a loud roar coming from inside of it. Arms slowly reached out of the book and reached down into the hole, pulling the man and woman inside.

I couldn't stay in my father's arms. I wiggled so much he had to put me down. As I ran away, my dad only laughed and watched as the book devoured the two helpless souls.

I looked back and called after him. As I looked, I saw seven huge white pillars slowly moving up from the ground. They reached a certain height then stopped. My dad had his hands out in front of him. "I'm almost there," I heard him say.

But what did that mean by that?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2M 352K 35
How does your night go from a game of Hide and Seek with your best friend, to your parents being murdered the same night? On top of that, you're sent...
12.4K 1.3K 19
Duke has spent nearly 100 years in the house where he died, scaring away every owner to protect his home. But when a new family shows up with a young...
259 7 14
A girl decided to travel far from her boring small town home in pursuit of adventure. Little does she know that things take a turn for the worst as s...
209K 12.6K 29
Set in Victorian Poland is a tale about a stubborn young woman named Elsa whose father runs a society solely for vampyre hunting. Elsa does not belie...