The Sudden Dad

By k3ndallxo

Naomi had a horrible past with his boyfriend back in her campus. On her way back to face her strict parents i... More

chapter 0
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
not an update chapter
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
a new chapter soon!
chapter 17

chapter 13

5.3K 262 18
By k3ndallxo

Wassuuupp. Guess who  have two thumbs and just updated her story?? *pointed my thumbs at myself and wriggles them* THIS GAAAL!!

I'm sorry this chapter might suck, I have lack of idea and I need to expand my story to another perspective so here it is. When you thought the plot was twisted enough,,,,

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!

Chapter THIRTEEN

--

Naomi Winters

I turn myself to the other side of bed. Blinking my eyes and sighing. "Looks like I can't sleep anymore", I said to myself. Suddenly, I felt a little movement on my bump. I slightly caress my bump and smiled. What can I do, the thought of my daughter makes me happy.

"You wake up early today, darling" I said to my stomach. I felt a little kick and I can't help but groaned in pain. "Aggressive, are you hungry?" I smiled. Again, I felt another movement of my baby and take that as an answer. I chuckled and went to the toilet to get some shower.

--

It has been a month since the baby shower, since the last time I see Mason. I sighed when I thought of Mason. He's probably living the life with his fiancée. Every time mom ask about Mason, I just reply with two answers.

"He's very busy with work, mom. But he called me to make sure I'm okay"

"I met him just now. But he gotta run"

The second one I only use when I went out with Kirstie or Jake.

I walk up to the kitchen and grab myself an apple. I took a seat in the kitchen table and eat my apple. "You wake up early", my mom suddenly approached. "Geez, you scared me" I flinched. My heartbeat raises like hell. My mom chuckled, "Aw I'm sorry darling" and she kissed my head. "Yeah, I couldn't sleep" I shrugged. "Why, you miss Mason?" she raised her eyebrow. I gulped my saliva, "Uhh.. yeah kinda"

"Well, you guys should meet more often, you know. It's not healthy for the baby to grow up without their father with her. Mason should be with you 24/7." My mom nags. "Yeah, mom. I know" I lazily replied. My mom went to the kitchen and do the dishes. "Well, are you going to the exercise class today?" she asked.

"Na, not really. I don't think I want to go anywhere today. My back hurts like hell when I stand or walk too long" I explained to my mom. "Okay, honey. I'm going to meet Mrs. Joshua after this and Jake are not coming back until Tuesday, do you need me to ring Kirstie to come here?" my mom sat beside me. "No thanks, I need some time alone. If I need anything I will call you" I replied. She nodded and went upstairs to get dressed for her 'spa day' with her best friend.

I walk towards the living room and plopped myself on the couch. I took the remote control and went to Netflix.

"Stranger things marathon, here I come!" I exclaimed

--

After I have finished binge-watching Stranger Things, I switched off the television and blankly stare at the ceiling.

"I. AM. BORED. TO. THE. DEATH" I said to myself as I groaned unhuman like. I grabbed my phone and scrolled into Contacts. "Hmm, who should, I call.."

As I scroll down, my eyes are locked at one particular name.

Mason

"Should I call him?"

"What should I say? Come home I miss you? He has a life, goddammit."

"Should I ask him what's up? No... no.."

I inhaled deeply and cleared my throat. I pressed the call button and hear them ringing.

"wHAT?!" Mason yells.

I flinched and hurriedly press the End Call button. I'm shaking. "He just yelled at me," I said to myself as my eyes started to form tears. I press the lock button and turn my phone off.

"What is wrong with him? What did I do to him? Why did he yells at me? Does he hate me? Oh god.. this doesn't feel good" I sobbed and felt myself like I'm choking in tears.

And I puked...

--

Mason Green

"No, you need to settle them, or I will let my people do the job, do you understand me?!" I yelled through my phone.

He mumbles and I pressed the end button, not wanting to hear his voice ever again. I put my phone on my desk and crossed my arms across my chest. I furrowed my eyebrows as my migraine starts to kick in.

Suddenly, my phone rang again. I couldn't bother to look at the name of the person calling because I certainly thought it was him calling me. I pressed the answer button and yelled.

"What!?" I yelled. Suddenly, the line goes off. I look at the phone in confusion. I take a glance at the name and a pang of guilt just hit me.

Naomi

--

I paced around my office while trying to reach for Naomi. But what can I do, all of my calls went into voicemail. She must've turned off her phone. Gosh, I am a horrible person. I haven't talked to her for a month and when I got the chance, I blew it all away.

It's not my fault that I'm not trying to reach Naomi, I do try but I couldn't help myself when my work got a lot busier than before. I had to travel to 4 countries in a month. I couldn't even get a night of proper sleep.

And for Naomi, I did call her once or twice to check up on her. I feel very guilty about abandoning her alone. I really hope her mother doesn't throw all the tantrums on her.

I exhaled deeply. I called my secretary. "Kelly, can you come in for a sec?" ... no response. I pressed the button once again and called my secretary. "Do you hear my Kelly, can you please come in here" I starting to get mad.

"Uhh... I'm sorry Mr. Green. Your parents are here to see you" she said with her voice shaking. I let out a stressful sigh. "Bring them in"

Good, all I want is to meet Naomi and now I have to deal with them.

--

I fixed my tie and suddenly I heard a knock on my door. "Come in" I ordered. The doorknob open reveals my parents. "Oh, Mason! I've missed you so much my darling" my mom came at it and hugs me tightly. I patted my mom's back and chuckled. "I've missed you too, mother." She unwraps herself from me and takes a look at my dad. His face is expressionless.

I nodded and shook his hand which he accepted. "Dad" I fake my smile. My dad just raised his eyebrows. "Please, take a seat" I offered them. After my mom and dad settle themselves, I asked them questions.

"How was your business in Paris?" I asked. My mom smiled "Oh, it went just great as planned. You see your dad here is now trying to invest some money for a project here in San Francisco that he wanted to build for a long long time, aren't you honey" my mom patted my dad's arm. He lights his tobacco and nodded.

"And the problem is, we have to share some of our holding with a friend of mine", dad continues mother's sentence in a serious tone. "He would be willing to become shareholders and he wanted to meet us tonight. You, your mother and I. We will talk further during our dinner later." Dad explained.

"So what do you say, darling?" mom asked, raising her eyebrows at me. I nodded "I guess so, if the project will bring more benefits for my company"

"Okay then, it's set. Meet us at Dilton Hotel at 8", dad said and a slight smile forming at the corner of his lips. I agreed and my parents left. I sat and start to process what happened just now. Its never a good signal when my dad is smiling. He was and still is a strict person when dealing with stuff like this. Seeing his sly smile makes me shivers at the thought of something bad is going to happen. But what is it?!?!

I shook my head and grabbed my phone. I try once again to dial Naomi but it was no use. She's still not answering. "I'm sorry sweetheart", I said to myself as I pictured Naomi inside of my head.

--

It was 7:57 p.m., I brushed my suit as I didn't want to get any dust on my white suit. Gotta dress to impress, you know. I took a glance at my watch and at the corner of my eyes, I saw my parents just arrived. I stood up smiled at them.

"Punctual, I am impressed", my dad says, expressionless. I fake a smile and my parents are walking inside the restaurant. The waiter bowed at my dad. "Mr. and Mrs. Green, right this way" he showed us the table that they reserved.

"Ahh, Mr. Hale. It was nice to see you" my dad greeted his share partner, friendly. "Mr. Green, it was nice to see you", Mr. Hale laughed. Suddenly my eyes landed on a particular woman.

"Jess?" I greeted in confusion.

"Mason.." she smiles slightly and avoids my gaze.

"Take a seat, Mason. There's a lot we need to talk about" Mr. Hale gestured. I took a seat beside Jess since it was the only seat that is available.

"Say, why don't we order our food first. I'm getting starving" my mother laughed. All of us agreed and ordered some food and wine.

--

After a couple of chit chats, the food arrived and before we could even dig in, Mr. Hale interrupted our dinner. "So, Mason. How is your relationship with Jess now" he asked. I furrowed my eyebrows and look over Jess. She didn't even bother to look up. She keeps poking her steak with her fork and she could even bury her face inside if she could.

"Well I guess, I've been busy with work and I haven't meet Jess since forever but I did contact her and I guess things are pretty alright?" I smiled at Jess. "LIES!" I screamed at myself. Jess' eyes wandered at her parents and to mine. Her gaze is so lost. What is wrong with her. She just nodded and continues to eat.

Her dad scoffed. "Alright then, Mr. Green. About this project, I know you've been wanting them since forever. Believe me, I do too. I can see that this project brings us a pot of luck. This is jackpot!!" he laughed and so do my dad. Damn, he wants to impress Jess' dad so bad.

"And since my daughter and your son are engaged for a while now, I think it is time for them so settle them into marriage" Mr. Hale speaks. I spit out all of the red wine that I was sipping. I wipe the wine that is splattered on my lips. "What does that have to do with this project? You make no sense" I laughed.

"I believe he does, make sense" my dad glared at me. "Having them being married to strengthen our business and definitely makes this project works" my dad explains.

"It should work, since you got my daughter pregnant, I think we co-"

"Wait what?!" I cut Mr. Hale's speech. I looked at Jess in disbelief. I saw tears forming in her eyes.

"Mason, I can explain" she sobbed. I shook my head and left the hotel. I ring my driver and he picked me up immediately.

Since when do I get her pregnant?!

--

Its kinda long huh, I also didn't expect that it would be this long. 

PLEASE VOTE

AND

COMMENT

WHO DO YOU SHIP THE MOST?

NAOMI AND MASON

NAOMI AND KIRSTIE < this is a friendly cute friendship goals kind of ship 

MASON AMD JESS

;)

ps: new chapter once this story gets to 40k reads and maybe 1.5k votes if possible;) i promise

new a/n: im sorry guys i will try to post new chapter if i finished them. just now i got accepted to a university!! god,, finally ive been waiting for almost a year and finally i got them.

and also im getting enroll in 2 weeks so im going to be busy to prepare stuff and since im going to stay in a hostel so yeah i know its not that important but to me is- since i promised to update new chapter once i got 40k reads 

once again i am sorry but i will try and update a new chapter as soon as possible!! wish me luck in my studies!! love ya all x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

581 8 61
" aww, how kind. Is this your way of getting another proof that I am a criminal so that you can put me in prison. Because, if that is the goal, you g...
1.2K 15 16
,,You don't want to get involved with me." she said quietly as he removed the thin strap of her dress from her bare shoulder. ,,Why do you say that?"...
364K 10.5K 60
~Mature content~ "What the hell did you do to me?" His growl sends a shiver down my spine. The room suddenly becomes so much smaller as I fight a lo...
185K 10.2K 56
**** COMPLETED **** 💕 Sierra Carter (20) lost her mother when she was just a year old baby. And since then, her father, Jeremy Carter, was her every...