Hidden Kingdom

بواسطة Leostar729

Avian Ravenwood has always known her place in the world since she was young, serving the Royalty she had been... المزيد

Warning
⊱Chapter 1 - part one 🗡 Failed Lesson⊰
⊱Chapter 1 - part two 🗡 Summoning⊰
⊱Chapter 2 🗡 An Unwanted Guest⊰
⊱Chapter 3 🗡Surprises⊰
⊱Chapter 4 🗡Birthday Bash⊰
⊱Chapter 5 - part one 🗡Introducing Magic⊰
⊱Chapter 5 - part two 🗡Elemental Strength⊰
⊱Chapter 6 - part two 🗡Master Mage⊰
⊱Chapter 6 - part three 🗡A Royal Command⊰
⊱Chapter 7 🗡Beginnings of Courting⊰
⊱Chapter 8🗡Courting Disaster⊰
⊱Chapter 9 🗡Courting Secrecy⊰
⊱Chapter 10 🗡Beginnings of Panic⊰
⊱Chapter 11 🗡Death within Life⊰
⊱Chapter 12 🗡Eternal Sorrow⊰
⊱Chapter 13 🗡Nightmares⊰
⊱Chapter 14 🗡Revenge Mission⊰
⊱Chapter 15 🗡Revenge is Sweet⊰
⊱Chapter 16 🗡Mission Order⊰
⊱Chapter 17 🗡Mission One⊰
⊱Chapter 18 🗡Unpleasant Company⊰
⊱Chapter 19 🗡Unending Nightmare⊰
⊱Chapter 20 🗡Hostage Situation⊰
⊱Chapter 21 🗡Attempting Seduction⊰
⊱Chapter 22 🗡Jail Break⊰
⊱Chapter 23 🗡Hidden Truths⊰
⊱Chapter 24 🗡Decoding the Past⊰
⊱Chapter 25 🗡Dragon Bonding⊰
⊱Chapter 26 🗡 Stifling Truths ⊰
⊱Chapter 27 🗡Chosen Future ⊰
⊱Chapter 28 🗡A Lover's Betrayal⊰
⊱Chapter 29 🗡 A Dragon Encounter ⊰
⊱Chapter 30 🗡Destiny's Decision⊰
⊱Chapter 31 🗡A Mother' guidance and a King Revealed⊰
⊱Chapter 32 🗡Hidden Kingdom⊰
⊱Chapter 33 🗡Mother's Story⊰
⊱Chapter 34 🗡Anxiety Rising⊰
⊱Chapter 35 🗡Sky Trials⊰
⊱Chapter 36 🗡Capture the Magic Flag⊰
⊱Chapter 37 🗡Magical Challenges⊰
⊱Chapter 38 🗡All or Nothing⊰
⊱Chapter 39 🗡Nightmare Calling⊰
⊱Chapter 40 🗡The King's Blade ⊰
Authors Note

⊱Chapter 6 - part one 🗡Mage Trials⊰

171 12 6
بواسطة Leostar729

I finally managed to do it! Woooo!!! I finally edited the chapter I have been meaning to edit for months. For those who have read the older version of this chapter let me know your thoughts on the edited version. Of course that being said all comments are welcome.

___________________________________________________________________

#

Once again I stood by a clear glass lake as I have returned to this exact same place. Every night. Surrounding me were the gleaming emerald trees while the mountains capped in glistening snow stood proud further away. I knew this place exceptionally well. In the sky flew a bird though I knew it to be my dragon as it circled over the lake several times.

From above a loud roar resounded in the sky. The dragon dipped and flew straight as an arrow headed toward me. As expected I was stuck in place. The air vibrating as it unfurled its wings landing lightly a few feet from me. My dragon looked at me warily as it tucked in its wings while opening its maw to let out a torrent of violet purple flames. Shielding my face protectively with my arms, never feeling the heat of the fire created.

Peeking above my arms I gaze at the dragon eyeing me once more. "Avian" A whispering resounds in the air. I glanced around but no one was in this clearing except for the two of us. I couldn't control my actions as I pulled out one of my knives. Like every other night it only gave me a sad expression as it laid its head down at me feet. I raised my knife prepared to strike. "Avian" came a sad whisper. Relief sweeping through me as I hesitated. Finally I put my knife away and held out my hand instead.

Now came my favorite part of the dream. Being able to touch my dream dragon. It lifted its head, putting its nose in my hand. Walking up to the base of its neck I hugged the huge creature. I laughed in delight as my dragon made its purring noise. As expected at the sound of my laugh the dragon craned its long neck, nuzzling my back with its huge head. Taking care as to not injure me with the sharp spikes on its head. Always considerate.

I pulled back from my dragon smiling feeling complete in my dreams with my dragon companion when a sharp pain filled me causing me to gasp out loud. My dragon clearly looking panicked. As always "Find Me!" was the last thing I heard.

#

I gasp as I awaken to a dark room from the same dream I have been having for the past two months, covered in a thin veil of sweat. Laying all the way back down onto my bed from my raised position by my elbows. Letting my eyelids droop I snuggle back into my blankets in a fetal position with my arms underneath my chin, tucked between my chest and my legs. Trying as I might to fall back asleep, but it was completely useless for I'm wide awake.

With a heavy sigh I grab my Book of Dragons. With the book in my hands I settle back down onto the bed, my back propped up against the headboard. Opening the heavy volume I leaf through the delicate pages. Looking for what I have searched a hundred times before, the information about a purple colored dragon that shifts color in the light.

Though as usual nothing new appears. I have gone over all of the dragon types and their elements. I know what dragons tend to pick the noblemen more than other people and the type of dragon that tends to pick the true royal heir to the Throne of Dragons as its rider.

But I cannot find a measly scrap of information about the dragon in my dreams. Glancing out the window once more I notice that the sun is close to its highest point. I have spent more time searching the book than I had originally thought. Making me late for my training with Balthazar.

Grabbing my spell book a pain flared up unexpectedly in my abdomen. Dropping the book my hands fly to my stomach as I gasp for air through gritted teeth. These pains have been bothering me since my birthday. They have evolved from annoying to uncomfortable. Retrieving my book I make my way out of my home keeping a hand pressed tight against my abs. The path leading to the Mage's building had me passing by the woods, I couldn't my gaze from straying towards the woods where my heart longed to go.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts I enter the Mage's courtyard where my master is waiting upon my arrival. I simply content myself with the notion of visiting Father and Olivianna after lessons. "Sorry Balthazar. I swear I didn't mean to be late today." The words jumble out in a rush as I step further into the courtyard.

Balthazar waves off my apology, "Nonsense. You are right on time. Now dispose of all of your weapons. Today is a test of how much you have learned and comprehended within our time together." Nodding I set aside my book of spells, beginning to take off all of the weapons on my person. By the time I finished there was a considerable pile of various weapons. "Where do you put all of this?" Balthazar asked raising his eyebrows as he eyeballed my person. "Never mind, I do not want to know. Getting back to business you will be fighting three of my best mage students. Try to defeat all of them, I will be judging based on your performance to see if you pass or fail."

I nod in understanding to my master. As I nod my acceptance three mages appeared in the center of the courtyard. Two men and one woman. Shockingly one of the men happened to be Keith. "Oh and Avi, don't mortally injure them." My mouth twitches into grin in response to Balthazar's request. Cracking my knuckles I slowly advance forward.

In order to pass I'll have to pull out every trick I have learned. To pass the first step is to figure out what element each of them controls. Keith is obviously fire since his hands start to glow brightly with slight smoke wafting out. The woman, Earth, confirmed as grass began to spring up around her feet as though caressing her legs.

Ice blue eyes captured my attention as my gaze met the third mage's. My heart beat painfully in my chest as its speed doubled, shortening my breath the long our stares stayed connected. I was sure I had a blood red blush staining my cheeks from the intensity of his icy gaze.

Tearing my eyes away from his I attempt to clear my head from these distracting thoughts. Getting back on track I dared a wary glance towards the captivating man from underneath my eyelashes. I had no clue to what he controlled. Probably wind or water.

Bringing up my hands I wait for one of them to start attacking me first. Expanding my senses as my father had taught me, I feel the earth shifting in an almost creeping motion. Moving too slow a vine snaked itself around my ankle, flipping me through the air. Landing hard on my back I groan aloud.

As I climb to my feet I feel the radiating heat of a fireball streaking toward me. My hands flutter out quickly, making a shield to protect myself using Spirit. Not a second later an earsplitting crack sounded as the fireball collided with the thick shield.

My shield remained intact much to Keith's surprise as his mouth hung open. Though the force behind the attack had pushed me back, my thighs starting to ache from the effort to keep standing after that blow. Refocusing I switch to hold the shield with one hand as I used the other to slice off the bonds of Earth from my feet using the element Air.

Once I was free I levitated myself in the air by compacting air currents underneath my boots. Dropping the shield opting to create two duel swords of the saber classification. Compacting the air currents just enough to form sleek weapons. A slight shimmering the only indication I had created a weapon at all.

Descending lower until I am hovering a few inches above the ground, making it more difficult for the female mage to capture my legs, adopting a defensive pose as best as I could while slightly wobbling from the shifting air currents beneath my boots.

As expected Keith charged toward me with fire engulfing his hands. Predicting he would come at me from the left, the tick in his leg muscles twitched indicating the way he would advance. The fire in his hands transforming into a long-sword upon his approach. Moving my arms and body into position I wait until Keith is almost upon me, at the last minute I bring my own blades up clash against his sword.

My blades forming an X as I stop his long sword from slicing at my neck. Grounding my feet further into the air currents I transfer the stabilization all through my body, feeling the strength building within the muscles of my arms I throw the force into a thrust forward. Push his blade away, sending Keith stumbling back.

Twirling around him as if in a dance, I send one of my duel blades forward as if to strike against his right side. The twin following shortly after but aiming for a different location. Keith was temporarily blindsided by parrying the first blade he didn't see the second one until it was too late. The second duel blade slicing open a large wound on his lower left side that was left unprotected. Keith hissed from the pain, moving his long sword aiming for my stomach.

Though I danced out of its range as it whistled through the air, making it miss its target. The enraged male held his right arm against his wound to slow the blood flow as his left hand held the pommel of the sword, its tip kissing the earth.

Pain erupted from my wrists as rough objects wrapped around them, dragging me down and slamming me onto the ground. The woman finally deciding to join in on the fight. Blue eyes seemed content enough to just to sit back and watch the proceedings for now. But I had a sneaking suspicion that he happened to be the best out of the three.

I had lost the concentration to keep the currents beneath my feet, effectively grounding me. But I had managed to hang onto my blades through sheer determination. Gritting my teeth, I force myself onto one of my knees. Grabbing onto the vines that imprisoned my wrists I give them a hard yank. Sending the woman stumbling towards me. By the time she neared me I had managed to make onto my feet, kicking out a leg I slam her into the ground beneath me. Slicing at her from above. She shielded herself as best as she could using her arms, causing me to cut them along with the vines she had been using previously. Consequently freeing me from them. The woman's eyes glanced to my left, focusing a little too clearly.

I turned in time for Keith to miss striking at my side. Keith had taken the opportunity during my lack of attention. Keith continued on his motion smoothly unfazed as he brought his weapon back in order to strike again. As I blocked his weapon and tried pushing it away from my body the woman kicked one on my legs out from underneath me. Causing my grip to falter, letting Keith's blade bite deeply into my dominate arm.

Crying out from the pain I let go of my weapons which disappeared into nothingness. Favoring to clutch at the wound trying to staunch the flow of blood. Some of my blood still seeping between my fingers, running down the length of my arm. Keith smiled smugly as he stalked closer to my pain riddled form, the woman giving a breathy chuckle at my misfortune. Keith roughly kicked me in my ribcage, a snap sounding out as he broke one or more of my ribs, making me fall onto my back with another scream. As if to taunt me further he cut me on the cheek with the tip of his sword. "Pay back is a mother. Isn't it?" The Mage snarled.

"Just finish her Keith! Quit playing with her." The woman huffed as she stood to her feet beside him. Keith's menacing grin grew as he brought his weapon up for the final blow. My eyes blurred from the pain, though they were able to lock with icy blue before I closed mine. Feeling around with my fingertips I felt around for the remaining vines that the woman had used on me before.

_______________________________________________________________

Chapter 4 as promised. Thank you for being patient. I hope you guys enjoyed the new chapter. Vote, Comment, Keep reading. Laters :)

_____________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I made quite a few modifications from the original. For those that are new and are confused, I will answer any and all questions. Though the confusion will be cleared up the further I edit the book. Please be mindful that this is a slow process and I am doing my best to get through all the editing. So please be patient. I have two more chapters that go along with this one, so hang on for a moment while I post them. Until then...

Vote, Comment, and Keep Reading. Laters!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

493 33 11
Illara had trained all her life for this moment. She had been chosen - from all eligible women throughout the three kingdoms - to be presented to the...
466K 29.1K 93
Soon, I was thrusting my chest out to him, as I moaned. Moaned out loud. Trying to give him unhindered passage to my breasts. "Please" I moaned. "Pl...
5.5K 813 49
The world had long since forgotten the age of dragons, those creatures that had once ruled the skies as gods had long since disappeared after the con...
A tide of darkness بواسطة naioko

الخيال (فانتازيا)

1.9K 78 31
Shinnrae Netherbane had always been trained to do everything a normal lass wouldn't do--she was never interested at all in the world of fancy frocks...