Finding Love (King series #1)

By heyitsmaiii

I sniffed the room and the most intoxicating smell hit my senses with full force, never had I smelled somethi... More

Prologue
❦Chapter 1❦
❦Chapter 2❦
❦Chapter 3❦
❦Chapter 4❦
❦Chapter 5❦
❦Chapter 6❦
❦Chapter 7❦
❦Chapter 8❦
❦Chapter 9❦
❦Chapter 10❦
❦Chapter 11❦
❦Chapter 12❦
❦Chapter 13❦
❦Chapter 14❦
❦Chapter 15❦
❦Chapter 16❦
❦Chapter 17❦
❦Chapter 18❦
❦Chapter 19❦
❦Chapter 20❦
❦Chapter 21❦
❦Chapter 22❦
❦Chapter 23❦
❦Epilogue❦
New Book!

❦Chapter 24❦

18.9K 428 10
By heyitsmaiii

You may see me struggle but you will never see me quit.

「️♔️」️

Damien’s POV

Everybody go in there places, we are going inside minutes from now’ I commanded all my warriors in our pack-link. We were already nearing the Vampire Castle; all of us were very discreet with our quiet movements.

Yes Alpha’ they all responded in chorus.

They positioned themselves in our battle strategy and I signaled them to enter.

The warriors that are with me followed me towards the front entrance, all of us making our steps and movements as quiet as possible. There weren’t many guards guarding the entrance and they were too surprised that we easily snapped their heads as we moved forward.

As we moved forward I could hear music coming from the ballroom, I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, why would they have a celebration at this time?

Thomas, what do you got?’

‘Seems as if they are busy with some kind of celebration, we got in easy’

‘Then gather around the ballroom, we attack them all at once’

‘Yes, Alpha’

Then he went to spread the news to the other warriors, as soon as we all gathered as one we entered the room. Screams and yells were heard as most of us shifted and attacked at the vampires. Their shock slowly dissipated as they soon fought back. I soon shifted into my wolf as I lung at one of the vampires and easily snapped his neck.

I was in a bloodlust, my vision hazed as my eyes only wanted to see dead bodies piling on the floor. Nothing was going to stop me from killing them. These blood sucking vampires that stole my mate from me.

A vampire was coming at me but I was quicker than him as I dodged to the side and growled at him, some of his friends came, knowing that I was the King. They want me dead, too bad I want them dead too. I will not show them mercy.

They all came at me with lightning speed, their extended claws scratching my skin. I didn’t show my pain as I growled at them before I came at them with brutal force as I clawed their skin with my sharp claws, they hissed in pain and I took the opportunity as I bite into their shoulders before I removed their heads with my jaw.

The metallic taste of blood tasted bitter against my skin but I didn’t care about that as I saw red, every time I would come across a vampire I lose it, I didn’t even realize that the vampire was dead until I ripped them all to shreds.

I was feeling panic inside me and I knew that it wasn’t mine, it was Scarlett’s and that made me panic as well, she could be hurting at this time. So I went to find her, as I sniff the air trying to sniff out her scent. I left the warriors to finish off the vampires, knowing that they could do it without me.

I could hear faint cries and they belong to Scarlett, I shifted back to my human form as I dashed towards her cries.

I opened the door with so much force that it came out of its hinges, I saw red when I saw Dimitri hovering and kissing Scarlett as Scarlett pleads him to stop, my blood boiled as I marched towards them and ripped Dimitri off of Scarlett, Scarlett fell to the ground as she hid her almost naked body. And my anger intensified, Dimitri had touched her, he had seen her body.

I growled menacingly at the fucking bastard on the ground before I grabbed his collar and hit him repeatedly until I couldn’t recognize his face, my face was splattered with his blood but I didn’t care. I was in a blood-lust.

“Dami-en” I heard Scarlett’s broken voice and that made me stop as I look at her with darkened eyes.

She looks broken, she was badly shaking from fear, and tears are falling freely from her eyes. But I could see happiness inside those teary eyes of her.

I quickly made my way over her as I hugged her tightly against my chest as I placed my head against the crook of her head and inhaled deeply, taking in my favorite scent, her scent.

“Fuck, baby. I am sorry for not coming any sooner, I am so fucking sorry Scarlett” I murmured to her, my voice broken as I clutch on the woman I love.

She said nothing as she just cried as she held on me tighter.

I didn’t even realize that a loud bang was set off; time froze just as I looked at Scarlett’s widened eyes before she spun around, her face flashed with pain before she smiled at me and collapsed, I held her in my arms as blood coated my arms, her blood.

I looked at Dimitri’s disfigured face before I glanced at the gun which he was holding and I snapped as I gently placed Scarlett on the ground before I shifted and lunged at Dimitri and he momentarily widened his eyes before I clamped my jaw on his shoulder and bit down with all my force, he let out an agonizing scream as he tried to remove himself from my hold but then realized that he couldn’t, if he would his shoulder would be removed off of its socket.

I released my jaw on his shoulder before I quickly bit his head off. I wished I could make his death a lot more painful and agonizing but Scarlett is fading and she is in need of medication ans help, so I just gave him a quick death. Dimitri’s body fell to the ground as I threw his head towards the room before I shifted back to my human form and went to Scarlett.

I applied pressure against the gun wound as my hands shook.

“You’re going to be fine, please stay with me, baby. Please stay awake” I pleaded Scarlett and she opened her eyes for a while.

“I love you” was her quiet and pain-filled reply before she closed her eyes again.

I panicked as I lifted her in bridal style before I went out of the room.

Call a doctor! Now!’ I demanded frantically as we got out of the room and went towards the ballroom.

As soon as I got there I was relieved to see our pack doctor waiting. I quickly went towards him and he examined Scarlett before he ordered some of us to get the materials he needed and to help him tend my Scarlett, I was pacing back and forth as I watch the doctor save my mate, I only prayed that she would make it out.

Now that I have her I can’t risk losing her again, why is it that we won the fight but not the mission?

Scarlett’s POV

My body felt heavy, as if someone was sleeping on me. My eyes feel very heavy, my mind is blank and the only thing that I could hear was beeping.

I want to open my eyes, but I couldn’t.

So I slept.

“Baby…” I could hear a familiar voice, that familiar nickname. Who is this person who awakens the butterflies inside me? Who is he that brings shivers down my spine?

“Please wake up…” his voice was cracking and I want to, I want to wake up. But I couldn’t, no matter how much I could try.

And I fell asleep again.

I woke up as I sat up straight; my whole body is numb, as if I was drenched in a tub full of ice. I was blinded by the bright light as I squinted my eyes from its harshness. I felt pain throughout my whole body but as soon as I saw my mate’s figure beside me, the pain slowly lifted as a small smile appeared on my face. I ran my hand through his unruly hair, even though my arm is connected to an IV drip.

“Scarlett…” Damien mumbled in his sleep, and I giggled silently.

“I love you” I tensed, he loves me? this is my first time hearing him say that to me and albeit he said it in his dreams at least he admits that he loves me, I felt tears well up in my eyes as I try to push them back as I responded, “I love you too, Damien”

Then without warning he lifted his head and was shocked to see me awake, “Scarlett?” he asked as if he couldn’t believe that it was me, he rubbed his eyes with his hands to see if he was dreaming and I laughed even though my throat is dehydrated and scratchy.

“Yes, Damien?” he hugged me tightly but not tight enough to crush me, he was being gentle to me, as if I was made out of glass and I slapped his back and he pulled back.

I giggled at him.

“When did you awake?” he asked tiredly and I could see that he hasn’t had much sleep, he has eye bags around his eyes, his face looks tired.

“Just a while ago” I said as I bit the inside of my cheek, he caressed my jaw and I leaned into his touch, he let out a tired sigh and that made me look up at him.

“I thought that you wouldn’t make it, you lost so much blood and I got scared Scarlett, that was the most scariest thing that I have ever seen” he said as he hugged me once more and he placed his head on the crook of my head and inhaled deeply. I ran my fingers through his hair.

“I am here now, you don’t have to worry” I whispered to him.

“God, I missed you. I am sorry, baby. I am sorry that I have put you through all of that shit, I don’t deserve you, I had put you through so much pain. I am sorry, I am so fucking sorry, baby” it brought me pain that he thought that it was his fault but it wasn’t, he didn’t give me to Dimitri, he didn’t kiss Lily against his own free will.

“Shh… it’s okay Damien, I forgive you, even though there is nothing to be forgiven, you saved me and I am here okay? Let the past go in the past and let us focus on the future, okay?” I asked him as I cupped his face, a slight stubble marring his jaw.

“Okay” he whispered out of breath before he kissed my lips passionately, he kissed me sweetly, gently, as if he was taking his time with me. As he pulled back we were both breathless as our foreheads met together. He traced my swollen lips with his thumb.

“I love you” he said in a whisper that I almost couldn’t hear him but I did. I grabbed the back of his head before I kissed him fiercely.

“You need to sleep” I said as we both pulled away from each other.

He chuckled as he pulled me closer to him and we both slept, comforted against each other.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 4.9K 35
"A soulmate." He starts, his voice bounces off the wall of the empty room. "There is nothing more beautiful in the world than them, for they are the...
185K 7.7K 38
Re-posting. The common story is that finding a mate is supposed to make the wolf stronger. For an alpha, finding his mate, blessed by the moon goddes...
2.3M 55.1K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
219 109 26
He quickly put his head down know I felt bad for snapping at him "you want any more" His face lit up and it was hot even the dirt and grum on him it...