Camping With My Cousin And Hi...

By Beachy

Amber and Jake are cousins, but you wouldn't tell by the way they feel about each other - pure loathing. But... More

Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
2# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
3# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
4# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
6# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
7# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
8# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
9# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
10# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
11# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
12# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
13# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
14# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
15# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
16# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
17# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
18# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
19# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
20# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
21# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
22# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
23# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
24# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.
25# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.

5# Camping With My Cousin And His Idiot Friends.

23.2K 285 19
By Beachy

Ok, lovely people. :)

First, i just want to thank flobudi for spurring me on. I love you!! ;D.

Want another chapter?

Comment, Fan, Vote please?

Enjoy. :).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sam? Why didn't you say?" I mumbled.

"That is what I've been trying to say to you - I guess we've had too many distractions... I... I don't know how to say it to the guys." He said, and he lowered his head. Derek put his arm around Sam, trying to comfort him.

I could tell that they really care for each other. They've only know each other for a few hours, but I already believed in them.

"What happens now? Do your parents know?" I probed, walking over to him and intertwining our hands.

"Yeah mum and dad know. They're ok with it, thankfully. I guess I have to tell the guys."

"You should Sam. Even though Jake and I don't talk, i know he'd be ok with whoever you fall in love with. Fact." I told him. Jake can be a really good guy when he wants to be. But just not to me, I guess.

"Ok. Well... Let's have a swim, and we'll tell them together." Derek chipped in. I nodded like a maniac in agreement.

"Amber, are you ok with this?" Sam asked, finally raising his head to stare deep into my eyes. Derek looked at me too, his face nervous.

I chewed my lip. I can't believe they asked me that!

"I couldn't think of a better pairing. Be good to each other." I said. They both smiled and I saw their shoulders relax.

"Now, we've got to get to the lake pronto!" I chirped. I kissed then both on the cheek and we had a group hug.

We grabbed towels and started to walk down to the lake and I couldn't help feeling happy, despite Jake's lashing out. We reached the end of the jetty, and I guess we all had the same idea as we all held hands and ran, dive- bombing off the jetty.

I eventually came up to the surface and looked about me. The water eventually started to warm - I'm not peeing! Tom and Jake were racing each other along the 2 mile lake edge, Jodie was chatting with Arran but Megan and Callum were nowhere to be seen.

"Jodie, where's Megan and Callum?" I yelled over to her.

"They went for a 'walk' " she did the quotation signs, but lost her float. Thankfully Arran was there to pull her back up. She giggled and blushed at him and he smiled back. It was actually quite sweet...

I guess pairing off is actually happening. Well, for a few at least.

I swam a few lengths of the lake, and eventually swam over to the jetty, exhausted. I climbed up and laid down, my legs just hanging off the edge, the soft night air drying my skin.

I lay there for a few seconds, thinking of Sam and Derek. I couldn't believe it! But they are so perfect for each other. I guess they're lucky. I started to think about what happens when we go home in two days. Two days?! I was really starting to love this little nirvana again.

"Well, hello there." Tom said, standing on the ladder on the jetty so his head was level with mine, raising his eyebrows at me.

"What?" I asked, dazed.

He smirked and I felt my heart flutter. He climbed up the final steps of the ladder the lake water dripped off his ripped body as he did so. I had to close my eyes, otherwise I think I might've fainted.

"Nothing." he smiled and laid down next to me. We lay level, and his arm was just brushing mine. It felt like fireworks were exploding through my arm. I swallowed and opening me eyes. looked at him. Really looked at him. The contours on his face, the growing tufts of stubble on his chiselled jaw, his full lips. His emerald eyes were resting on Derek and Sam who were doing laps together.

"I guess Sam told you about him liking guys." He whispered.

My jaw fell open, buy I closed it abruptly, trying not to give anything away. He was probably bluffing.

"What makes you say that?" I asked, trying to keep my voice steady, but failing.

"I'm not an idiot."

"Being Jake's friend? Could've fooled me." I snorted.

He looked at me out of the corner of his eye, but looked away smiling.

"Are you ok with it, Tom?" I asked.

"Of Course. He's one my best mates." I smiled at that. He was so nice... It could be an act... I could be a paranoid freak...

We lay there for a few minutes, our breathing in time together. I felt something softly move across the jetty, and found out it was Tom's arm. His hand reached mine and wrapped his little finger with mine.

I cleared my throat, but was pleasantly surprised by his touch.

The sun had now fully disappeared, and it was dark, with little moonlight casting a haunting glow over the lake and surrounding trees. We lay there quiet in each other's presence, totally surrounded by darkness.

We heard water move below us, and we both let go of each other's hands.

Jake was climbing up the ladder, his face set in thought. Well, I hope he doesn't hurt himself.

"Dunno about you guys, but I'm going in." he said, grabbing a towel and wiping the water off his face, along with his expression. I sat up, and tried stand, when Tom's hand grabbed my waistline sand sat me back down. Grinning, he jumped up and started running off after Jake.

Jerk much?!

I just sat there and smiled.

What was happening between us? Cuddly one minute, away from each other the next. Or maybe he was just being friendly. Or trying to make the peace?

I was starting to get a headache.

"Sam, Derek! We're going in! I think it's time." I said, knowing they'll catch on.

I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my now cold shoulders. I started walking was halfway to the cabin when I heard girly giggles behind me. I turned quickly to see Megan and Callum walking up hand in hand, smiling until they saw me.

"Don't worry - safe with me." I said, and winked at them before carrying on walking. Aww. I wonder what his royal highness Jake would say.

I got to the cabin and headed straight for the bathroom. After a hot, steaming shower, I got dressed in grey sweats and a purple tank top. I towel dried my hair, pulled on my red fluffy bed socks and walked into the living room.

I saw Sam sitting next to Derek. His eyes spotted me and he nodded. This was it.

"Err, guys? Can you all sit down? I... I need to tell you something." he called, and everyone walked to the sofas.

I walked over to Sam and held his hand. He was really shaking.

"Now, you know you guys that you are all my best mates and you mean the world to me. I think you need to know a big part of me." He stopped and took a shaky breath, his eyes darting everywhere except to the others.

"It's ok, man. Take your time." Callum encouraged.

"Ok. I... I'm... I'm gay." he said and let out a huge breath, lowering his head.

"Bro, you've got nothing to hang your head about." Jake said after a minute, but it felt like hours. He was backed up by everyone in the room, nodding and showing true kindness in their faces.

"You mean... You mean you're ok with it?!" he asked, his bottom jaw attached to the floor.

"Duh!" Jake said as he jumped up, and threw his arms around Sam. Tom, Callum and Arran followed, all hugging each other. I signalled to the girls and Derek to leave them to it, and thankfully they caught on. We all left the room, heading for the kitchen.

I got to the door and took one last look at the guys. They were all huddled together, hanging on to one another. I smiled, and walked out of the room.

"Are you staying tonight, Derek?" Jodie asked when we sat at the kitchen table together.

"Only if that is ok with you guys..." he said. We all nodded.

We sat there for a few minutes, talking about Sam's coming out. I felt immensely proud. My little Sam. Or well, really tall, little Sam.

I was also shocked at how the guys responded. Who knew they could be so caring? They never showed love and understanding like that before. Well, not to me... Again.

The kitchen door opened and everyone turned to face it. All the guys were coming in, smiling. They all looked shattered, too, but mellow.

"Amber, can I talk to you, Please?" Jake asked, rubbing the bags under his eyes.

I got up silently and walked towards the door. I stopped by Sam and squeezed his hand.

"I'm proud of you." I whispered gently and carried on walking.

I got outside and stood in front of Jake.

"Yeah, Jake?"

"I, err... I want to apologise about how I spoke to you the other day about sleeping with my friends." he said, making circles with his feet on the floor.

"It was wrong of me. Sorry..." He said, trailing off. He... I... He just apologised?!

"It's... ok. I probably would've done the same." I smiled. He half- smiled back.

"Apology accepted." I said. We stood here awkwardly, but then impulse took over and put my arms around his neck, hugging him. I hoped he would hug back, as I was trying to make the peace. He didn't move at first, but then placed a hand in the small of my back. I let go and walked back into the kitchen, smiling.

Maybe things are looking up. Me and Jake are making up, people are getting together, and the group are getting along well.

"I reckon this calls for a celebration." I said smiling, as everyone looked at me. I looked at all their faces, all excited.

I walked over to the fridge and pulled out the crate of beer and the bottle of vodka.

"Ahh, I guess you found it then." Derek said with a grin on his face as he moved to sit next to Sam.

I gave him a cheesy grin back and started to hand out a beer to the guys. I got four mugs out of the cupboard for us girls and started to pour a little vodka in each.

"To Sam and Derek!" I yelled.

"To Sam and Derek!" everyone toasted, and had a drink.

As I raised my glass, I stole a look at Tom. He was looking my way too, but I blushed and looked away. Sam must have seen as he raised an eyebrow at me.

I raised my glass to him and downed my remaining drink.

************

When we had finished chatting and joking, it was around 2:00 am.

We all said goodnight and went our ways to bed.

Staying in what i had on, I climbed into bed. I lay there for a few seconds, until the door opened and closed, and bed dipped behind me a few seconds later.

I turned for the first time to see Sally. We smiled at each other.

"Everyone is getting together now, aren't they?" she stated in quiet tone, her dark green eyes weary.

"I'm not, chick. Why? Who is he?" I said, catching on. Sally had never been one for moping, but when she had something on her mind she does - a lot.

"Well, oh. it's someone we both know, but you more than me. The thing is, it's sisters before misters - my best friend before him." she said, closing her eyes.

"I don't know who, Sally." I said. Sisters before misters?

"Don't worry. It's probably just the sleep or that drink talking." Sally rushed. She gave me a peck on the cheek and turned over.

I huffed and started to chew my lip. Who was she talking about? He was close, but closer to me. Sisters before misters? Her best friend is the sister? Buy that's me...

OH MY GOD!!

"Sally! Sally, are you awake?" I nudged her. Nothing.

Did she mean ...

She fancies Jake?!

***********

I woke the next morning and thought about what Sally said last night.

She fancies Jake? I poked her, but she only moaned and went back to sleep.

I pulled my feet out of bed and trudged over to the bathroom. I washed and got dressed in some skinny jeans and a blue v-neck top. With another pair of fluffy bed socks on, I snuck out of the room and walked into the kitchen to flick the kettle on.

"Morning." I turned to see Derek walking up to the cupboard behind me and got out a jar of coffee granules.

"How are you?" I asked making light conversation, but with a deeper meaning behind it.

He turned around and leant against the kitchen cabinets. He swallowed and looked me in the eyes with a soft expression.

"Pretty damn good." he said in a really bad English accent. He was so annoyingly refreshing.

I smiled as lovingly as possible and gave him a brotherly hug.

"Mind if I cut in?" we both turned to see Sam standing in the doorway.

He had one hand running through his hair and the other in his jeans pocket. He smiled and I could Derek catch his breath.

" 'Course. I'll leave you to it... If you make my tea!" I said and walked out the room, winking at Sam. He smiled back at me as he walked up to Derek and my heart melted for them.

I walked into the living room to see Callum, Megan and Tom sitting right in front of the TV. Like, knelling a few feet away from it.

"Do you want square eyes or are you desperate to get into television?" I said with a smirk. Callum looked back with a nervous look on his face. The other two didn't responded. Tough crowd.

"Amber, this is really important. DEREK! We need you in here right NOW! It's an emergency!!" Callum yelled, his voice stricken with worry.

Tom and Megan were still sitting in front of the TV. There was the silver-haired anchorman talking quickly, but I couldn't make it out.

Then onscreen came a weather woman with the map of Norway behind her. I was never 100% sure of where we were on the map but I had a rough idea. I was better actually finding the place rather than reading it on a map.

She was standing to the right of the map and was showing a huge cloud coming over the region we were in. Concerned, I knelt down next to Tom. What was that?

Everyone came running into the living room with Derek at the head.

"We need to know what they are saying - right now." Tom said, his voiced rushed but authoritative.

Derek nodded and started to listen.

I opened my mouth to speak, but Tom put his hand on my arm and put a finger over his mouth. His eyes were bulging. Megan's features weren't that different. Whatever this was, it must be serious.

We waited for a few minutes as Derek listened. When the news bulletin had finished, I though his eyes were going to pop out of his head. I wanted to laugh at him, but i thought better of it considering the situation. Derek's expression turned grave.

"Th... There's a... A storm coming."

Continue Reading