Living Like Sleeping Beauty

By Claudiaxcf97

Sleeping Beauty? Ha! That girl had it easy. My name is Morgan Peters and I fall asleep at random times of the... More

Prologue
Chapter One - The Beginning Of The End
Chapter Two - Where Is Your Fairy God Mother When You Need Her?
Chapter Three - Meeting Prince Charming.
Chapter Four - It's Gym Time, Not Nap Time.
Chapter Five - The Blue Paint Accident.
Chapter Six - The Wicked Witch Of Tori-Ville.
Chapter Seven - The Seafood Disaster
Chapter Eight - The Green Eyed Morgan
Chapter Nine - The Dinner Party
Chapter Ten - Parenthood
Chapter Eleven - Annoying Babies And Arrogant Baby Daddies.
Chapter Twelve - The Tables Have Turned.
Chapter Thirteen - Don't Tell Me I Can't Be Sexy.
Chapter Fifteen - Cute
Chapter Sixteen - Making Enemies
Chapter Seventeen - When Siblings Fight
Chapter Eighteen - Tension
Chapter Nineteen - Kicking and Screaming
Chapter Twenty - Flavour of the Month
Chapter Twenty One - Two Birds, One Stone.
Chapter Twenty Two - Let The Wooing Begin.
Chapter Twenty Three - Detours
Chapter Twenty Four - Is This Public Enough For You?
Chapter Twenty Five - Scenery
Chapter Twenty Six - Persuasive
Chapter Twenty Seven - Busted By a Four Year Old.
Chapter Twenty Eight - Confessions
Chapter Twenty Nine - Baby Steps
Chapter Thirty - The Performance
Chapter Thirty One - Drama
Chapter Thirty Two - Foolish
Chapter Thirty Three - Reality Check
Chapter Thirty Four - Operation Hurt
Chapter Thirty Five - Deals & Misunderstandings
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 1)
Chapter Thirty Six - The Party (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty Seven - Getting To Know You
Chapter Thirty Eight - An Unappreciated Warning
Chapter Thirty Nine - Preparations For Showtime.
Chapter Forty - Her Regret
Chapter Forty One - An Old Friend
Chapter Forty Two - Alone
Chapter Forty Three - Surrounded with the Familiar
Chapter Forty Four - The Recovery Period

Chapter Fourteen - A Night To Remember

178K 3.5K 923
By Claudiaxcf97

Hey everyone. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to upload but recently I have discovered an amazing little book that is The Hunger Games and let me just say wow.

I was hooked and I totally forgot all about uploading because I have been glued to this book. I love it. And then I find out there is going to be a movie! Oh my Peeta! SWEET!

Sorry, anyone who hasn't heard about the book or has but never read it, about talking about it so much but I have to recommend it to you all. If you're looking for some action and romance, it's the book for you.

Okay, back to this book.

It took me forever to write this because no matter what I typed, it didn't come out the way I wanted it to. But I think lots of you will like this chapter, a lot.

The song at the side is from The Hunger Games, it's simply beautiful...

Enjoy.

Chapter Fourteen - A Night To Remember

“Who’s this?”

The cute little girl looked up at me with a frown. Her chestnut coloured ringlets falling down her back and over her delicate shoulders. She had to be the little girl I had seen in the pictures, although her hair looked a little darker from the pictures and it fell a little longer down her back. She looked older, maybe a year or so but she was still incredibly cute.

Scott who stood behind me took a step forward and picked the little girl up in his arms and held her on his hips. I was momentarily surprised by his actions. He didn’t really seem like the brotherly type but here he was, holding his baby sister like she was the most precious thing in the world.

“This,” He nodded his head towards me. “-is my friend Morgan. She’s staying for dinner.” He informed her, not in the way a person would talk to a kid, but like she was an adult herself.

“Hi, what’s your name?” I asked sweetly, a warm smile on my face. She ducked her head shyly and buried it in her brother’s shoulder.

“She’s shy.” Scott explained before turning to her. “Go on, tell Morgan your name.” He urged her gently. Finally the girl raised her head and turned to me again, her bottom lip sticking out slightly.

“Abigail. But you can call me Abby.” She had a slight lisp and her voice was soft and sweet. She wore a light pink dress with a soft looking white cardigan. Just when I was about to speak again, footsteps entered the kitchen where we were standing. We turned to see Scott’s mum entering the expensive looking kitchen. Her eyes landed on us and a grin spread across her vibrant red lips.

“Oh, I didn’t expect to see you both here. I thought I would have had to drag you out of that room for dinner.” She winked. Just when I thought I had gotten over the fact that she caught us in a very compromising situation, she had to go and do that. I definitely knew where Scott got his dirty mind from.

Scott chuckled still holding a content looking Abigail.

“Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. Want to go back up to my room?” He wags his eyebrows suggestively while I roll my eyes and slap him lightly on the shoulder.

“You wish.” I scoffed. Abby giggled, still in her brothers arms. She slapped her brother’s shoulder, mimicking what I had just done. Her eyes shone with excitement as she watched me, waiting for what I was going to do next. Scott scowled at his sister, obviously wondering why she had just hit him. A grin spread across my face as I reached forward and flicked Scott on the nose. Abby eyes widened before she imitated what I had just down.

“What the hell?” Scott exclaimed, his head swivelling back and forward, glaring at both of us in turn. His mother’s head snapped up as she dished out the food onto plates.

“Language!” She warned. Abby and I grinned triumphantly before she began squirming in her brothers arms. Eventually he got the message and set her on the ground. Immediately she rushed over and held out her arms to me, her eyes wide and her lips in a cute pout.

It was simply adorable.

I picked her up in my arms and rested her on my hips like Scott had done before. I saw Scott shake his head at us both grumbling under his breath.

“Women.”

But the hint of a smile on his face told me that he was happy that his sister had accepted me. For a second it felt like we were a couple and I had come to meet the parents. That was until I realised that I was just someone who had come over to help keep control of a stupid plastic baby.

Soon we were seated at a large round table in the dining room. The room was just as posh as I had thought it would be. The dark wood of the table matched the wooden floor and the light beige colour theme. The walls were bare except for a large family portrait of the whole family adjacent from the door.

Justine arrived a couple of minutes after we were all seated. She looked surprised to see me sitting with her family but soon gave me a warm welcome and took the seat opposite her younger sister. Abby had insisted upon sitting beside me while Scott took the seat opposite me. Their mother sat at the head of the table but there was no sign of the father I had seen in all the pictures.

Food soon was served and the conversation got flowing.

“So you moved from Colorado? That must have been hard on you.” Mrs Williams questioned, placing a forkful of salad onto her plate.

“Yeah it was hard for a while but somehow I’ve gotten attached to the place.” I smiled, speaking the honest truth. A month ago I had thought that moving to California would be the end of my life as I knew it but now that I’m here, I couldn’t imagine leaving. Although I would like to see my parents and my old friend.

I munched into my delicious plate of food, sighing in delight of the mixture of tastes in my mouth.

“This is amazing Mrs Williams.” I complimented. She smiled warmly.

“I’m glad you like it and you can call me Diane.” I continued eating while Diane asked Justine how her day had gone. I felt welcome and comfortable in this house. They were all so kind and made me feel like I lived here myself. I looked up and saw Scott already staring at me. I raised an eyebrow.

  " What?” I inquired. He shrugged his shoulders and gave me his handsome smirk.

“Nothing. I’m just watching you eat like a pig.” He laughed. I rolled my eyes, tempted to throw some of my food at him but thought better of it since it would be rude to start a food right in someone else’s home. I felt a tug on my arm and looked down to see Abby giving me wide puppy dog eyes.

“Yes?” I asked. Diane and Justine stopped talking and turned to look at the small girl.

“Do you like to sing?” Her slight lisp was so adorable; it made me almost forget that she asked me a question. I nodded my head and replied.

“Yeah, but only in the shower. Why?” She gestures for me to come closer, as if she was about to tell me the biggest secret known to man. She cups her hands around my ear and begins to whisper quite loudly.

“I love to sing.” Once she pulled back she gives me a huge toothy grin that I couldn’t help but return. “Would you like to hear me sing?” She asked her eyes wide like a puppy. I felt quite taken aback that she would want me to listen to her sing since she seemed so shy. The girl only met me forty-five minutes ago and for some reason she had taken a liking to me. After the shock went away off I felt honoured.

“Of course.” Was my reply. As soon as dinner was finished and I thanked Diane, Abby grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room. As I glanced behind me I saw Scott following close behind but I didn’t get much time to look because Abby yanked me forward, bringing my attention back to the door we now stood in front of. For such a small girl, she had a lot of strength.

She opened the door to reveal a sea of pink.

Everything was pink. The walls, the bed, the carpet and every single one of her toys. Even her TV was pink. This certainly was a little girl’s room. My eyes even began to hurt from the intensity of the colour everywhere.

“Do you like it?” Abby’s voice sounded from my side where she still held my hand. I nodded, still taking in the room. It was bigger than mine with a large window overlooking the front garden. The colours from the window reminded me that I hadn’t just entered a world where everything was covered in pink.

To be honest I preferred blue.

Scott took a step into the room and shook his head.

“It’s a lot of pink, as you can probably guess, it’s her favourite colour” He explained almost automatically. Abby, as if she just realised that he was there, spun around and began pushing him out of the room with her little arms.

“Hey!” He protested but let himself be pushed out anyway.

“Boys aren’t allowed in my room.” She ordered, putting her hands on her hips. He looked to me for help but I just gave him a wide grin, happy to see that his little sister could boss him about even thought I couldn’t. The last thing I saw before she slammed the door shut was the annoyed scowl written all over his face.

Abby spun to face me, excitement writing all over her face.

“Let’s sing!” She chirps, then she half runs, half skips to the pink stereo placed on her dresser and presses the play button.

Nothing can prepare me for the song that plays next.

“Baby! Baby! Baby ooh!” Abby screams the song at the top of her lungs, spinning around in a circle with her hands in the air and her head swinging from side to side. Although her dancing and singing is incredibly cute, I cover my ears in an attempt to block out the noise.

Justin Bieber. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against the kid. But I have never actually willingly wanted to listen to his songs. Ashley had went through a Justin Bieber phase, buying all his CD’s, posters plastered around her room and singing his songs twenty four seven. Before that, I tolerated him but ever since I listened to Ashley’s horrible singing for around three months straight, I now cringe every time I hear any of his songs.

I immediately rush over to the CD player and pause the music. My ears rejoiced  as all sound stopped but Abby had the opposite effect. Her puppy dog eyes widened and her bottom lip butted out.

“Why did you stop the music?” She asked her lisp very prominent right now. I try to think of any other answer rather than I can’t stand another minute of listening to it but unfortunately I can’t think of any so I just think of the first thing that comes to my mind.

“How about we listen to the next song?” I suggest, bending down to her level. Her eyebrows furrow as if she can’t understand why I wouldn’t want to listen to this song.

“But, this is my favourite song ever.” She replied in a sad tone. I can feel my resolve breaking when I reach over and press play again.

Soon the little girl has me singing along and even dancing to the songs. I have to say I feel incredibly ashamed of myself that I have given in but the other side of me is having so much fun to care.

The next song plays and we continue to dance. I lift Abby into my arms and we spin around until I’m too dizzy to stand. After a while of more spinning, we fall onto the pink bed laughing. The fact that I was having so much fun with someone who was younger than half my age didn’t even bother me one bit. Just as we continued to sing the next song, the door swung open to reveal Scott standing with our fake baby in his hands, wailing loudly. To say he looked pissed was an understatement.

But all signs of annoyance disappeared when he heard the song and saw me standing with my hands still suspended in the air in the middle of my own style of dancing.

Suddenly he burst out laughing.

“Ahaha. Were you listening to Bieber?!” He chokes out, clutching his stomach as he doubles over. I scowl, hating the fact that he is laughing at me right now. I storm over to where he was standing near the doorway and punched his shoulder. Finally he stops laughing and hands me the baby.

“I thought the reason you were here was to look after this thing not to play pop star with my little sister.” He accuses, narrowing his eyes at me. I begin to argue but realise that he is right. I did come here to look after the assignment baby but all I’ve done so far was get caught on top of Scott by his mother, have dinner with his family and sing Justin Bieber with his little sister. I guess it’s time I start to do what I’m told.

“Your right. Come on, let’s look after this thing.” I sigh, walking past him and out of the door. But before I disappear completely, I turn back to Abby to see her glaring at her brother for taking me away from her and wave, promising I’ll come back and say bye before I leave. Scott follows me as we return to his bedroom. This time I sit on the computer chair at the opposite side of the bed where he now sat. I find the keys to the baby’s back on his desk and begin inserting them into the plastic back, hoping one of them will shut it up.

“So, you’re a Bieber fan?” He asked casually. I look up to see him smirking and I know immediately his is teasing me.

“No, his songs are just catchy.” I snap back. The baby finally stops crying and I set it down on the desk and look at one of the posters on his wall like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Last thing I need is his mother catching us in the same position as last time. I don’t think I could take any more embarrassment .

I glance over at him quickly to see him with his hands tucked neatly behind his head with a smirk on his face. He was obviously enjoying my discomfort. Then I realised I was the one doing him a favour. Why should I sit and feel out of place here when I could go home any moment. The baby had stopped crying and that’s all that really mattered.

I stood from my chair and faced him head on.

“Well since that is sorted, I guess I better go.” I announce, beginning to head to the door. His eyes widened and he shot of his bed and within a second he stood in front of the door blocking my escape.

“Not so fast.” He grins. I stood shocked that he could even move that fast. He took a step forward, prompting me to take a step back. And another. And another. Until my pack presses up against his wall. My breath catches in my throat as I look into his playful green eyes. My mind swirls with thoughts of what he is up to.

“What are you doing?” I breathe, not being able to speak properly.

“Just something I’ve wanted to do all day.” He replies, his voice slightly husky. His hypnotising eyes tear away from my eyes and move down to my lips.

Will he actually do what I think he is going to do?

My mind has no time to question anything else because at that moment his lips meet with mine. And to say it was nice would be a complete understatement. His lips felt slightly chapped but the rough feeling against my smooth ones made it all the better. At first I didn’t respond out of shock but then I began to get into the kiss. Soon the kiss turned French and I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

I’m not an expert on first kisses, but this one made me feel like one of the girls in the movies, where they kiss in front of beautiful scenery, with the perfect guy and one of her feet raises in the air in pure happiness.

And that was what I was feeling right now, pure elation and a lot of other things. A warm fuzzy feeling began in my stomach. My mind felt like it was about to bust from all the emotions I was feeling. I also quite dizzy. Actually, I was feeling really dizzy. Is this normal?

That’s when I realised with absolute horror that one of my sleep attacks were coming on. My eyes, even though they were already closed, began to feel extremely heavy and my mind felt cloudy.

Not now.

Please not now.

Even though I beg myself not to have one now, I know it’s coming whether I like it or not. I have just enough energy in me left to pull away from the kiss and quickly run to his bathroom door. I take one look at his confused face before shutting the door quickly, shutting me away from him. I don’t have enough time to survey the bathroom before my back hits the wooden door and I fall into a deep sleep.

Ooh cliffhanger...

Sorry guys.. it had to be done.

Hehe.

Don't forget to vote and leave me a little commet to tell me what you think.

Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 286 48
Alexandra Queen, she has never had a normal childhood. Her and her mother were abused by her father and his friend, John. Day in and day out. Their j...
442K 12.4K 33
Just a story I made up when I'm bored. WARNING : OLD BOOK AND LOTS OF GRAMMAR MISTAKES!! AND A LOT OF DOESN'T MAKE SENSE STUFF And please note that t...
2.7K 118 23
What happens when you grow up too fast? What happens when you're powerless to stop the pain of the world from creeping inside? What happens when you...
273 23 14
This story kinda aligns with Disney's Sleeping Beauty.But werewolf edition.Everyone knows what happened in that story Princess Aurora gets a cursed p...