The Legend of Zelda: The Fall...

By -KatyWritesStuff-

When the three goddesses of the Triforce unintentionally grant the Princess of Hyrule the Triforce of Power... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
Epilogue

XIII

982 37 78
By -KatyWritesStuff-

Today was the day of Princess Zelda's coronation to be crowned queen. All the citizens of Hyrule, even those who did not live in Castle Town, all gathered in the kingdom to await and watch her ceremony.

King Harkinian has been confirmed dead at this point, thus giving the government no choice but to crown their princess queen. After all, they needed a leader. Their society could not function without some sort of ruler.

Zelda was staring at herself in the golden etched mirror, as ladies and maids gathered around her and helped fit her into her dress. It was simple, an almost pure white color mixed with purples and designs that consisted of different Hylian symbols, most representing the kingdom of Hyrule. Her dress had a turtleneck-like design at the top, covering most of her neck. She wore small earrings that represented the Triforce, and the banner-like cloth hung from her waist and ended close to the edges of the dress. This banner-like cloth had many designs of the Triforce and the crest of Hyrule sewn into it. Her hair was heated up to look more luscious and wavy, and she wore no crown atop her head.

Her previous crown, the one she wore as a princess, rested on a small, red velvet pillow near on her bedside table.

The dress around her tightened a bit, making her loose her breath for just a moment. Zelda felt it loosen up, and turned to face one of the ladies, who looked terrified at just the sight of Zelda.

"Sorry, your highness..." the woman mumbled, resuming her work on Zelda's dress.

Outside of the castle, roars and cheers were heard from the crowd. Chatter of all different topics lingered in the air. People of all ages walked the streets of Castle Town, entering shops and restaurants. Some people had set up stands around the main circle near the fountain, and sold beautiful clothing, Castle Town souvenirs, and all different types of foods that smelled pleasant. Everyone seemed joyful and happy on this day; they were all excited to watch the coronation of their new leader. Although they all mourned King Harkinian, nothing could drain their excitement for this day. And everyone knew of Zelda's harsh and terrible ways, but they were still elated, nonetheless.

The funeral for King Harkinian was to be held the day after today, and many of the people who are in Castle Town now are to stay the night in the town, and awake the morning to prepare themselves for the funeral of their previous ruler.

The ladies and maids finally finished making Zelda look very regal and beautiful, all stepping back to allow their princess and soon to be queen to admire herself.

Zelda looked at her dress from different angles in the mirror, eventually smiling at the sight. It was very hard to impress Zelda and make her smile like that. A wave of relief washed over all the ladies and maids, as Zelda's usual cold gaze returned as she turned to face the women.

"Thank you very much - you may leave now," Zelda commanded, and without any words said, all the ladies and maids rushed out of Zelda's room, closing the door gently behind themselves.

Zelda sighed, looking back at herself once again in the mirror. Earlier, her makeup ladies had done her makeup well, and she thought that she looked marvelous.

She was ready to get this stupid coronation over with; she just wanted to earn her new title as queen and begin her plans from there.

The princess had already thought out a huge plan to ruin her kingdom, and soon the rest of her country. All the land would be shrouded in darkness and evil, thanks to the thoughts that spewed from Zelda's evil little mind.

A smile curved up at the corners of her lips, as she exited her room and began to make her way to the outside, where her coronation would be held.

--

Link and Ganondorf had already left the library, wincing at the loud screams and shouts from the crowds of people. The two began to wonder to themselves what everyone was so ecstatic over. They got their answers quickly, when a couple passed by them, chatting very loudly about Princess Zelda's coronation.

"They're already crowning her queen?" Link mumbled to himself, staring oddly at the couple who had now disappeared behind some buildings.

Link pushed away the thought, and began to walk the opposite direction from which everyone but him walked in - out of Castle Town.

The duo had decided that it would be best to find the man who possessed the Triforce of Courage, and to protect them at all costs, in hopes that Zelda would not find him and use his power to create her own evil desires.

Frankly, Link had never left Castle Town ever since he picked up his role as a trainee for the Hyrulian Royal Army. When they exited the town, the cool wind of the rolling plains ahead of him brushed against his cheeks, making his hair fly around in all sorts of directions. This wind was very different from the wind in Castle Town. It felt more refreshing and calming than the hard winds that battered Castle Town. These winds could make you feel free.

Not to mention, the beauty of Hyrule Field was a lot for Link to take in. The grass that grew across the plains swayed in the wind, almost glistening in the sunlight. Today was not a blistering hot day; it was more of a cooler day, and the light breeze made it all the better. The skies were very blue and puffy clouds rolled across the sky.

Link was wondering why today was so beautiful and practically perfect. Today was not supposed to be a happy day. Zelda was to be crowned queen today. So why had the goddesses blessed Hyrule with such beauty on this unfortunate day?

"Where should we start?" Ganondorf asked, snapping Link out of his thoughts and redirecting his gaze towards the taller man.

"Um...where do you think?" Link questioned.

Just as Ganondorf was about to answer, a loud whistle was heard from a few feet ahead of them, making the two look in the direction of the noise.

There was a rural-looking carriage, with a bunch of hay resting in the back of it, and two dark chocolate colored horses situated in front. A woman who looked somewhat similar to that of Ganondorf, sat in front of the carriage, wearing a strange look on her face.

"Who's that?" Link asked.

"That's Tamira," Ganondorf answered. "She's the one who brought me here to Castle Town. Don't worry, she is a nice woman - sometimes."

Ganondorf walked forward first, Link beginning to follow hesitantly behind the Gerudo. When they approached the carriage, Tamira stared at Link with an unreadable expression on her features.

"Who the hell is this?" Tamira snapped, and Ganondorf glared at her due to her rude tone. Though, she did not really care.

"This is Link, long story short, we have teamed up and we're going to stop Zelda," Ganondorf explained shortly, beginning to climb into the carriage. An arm briskly stopped him, and Ganondorf looked over at Tamira who looked extremely confused yet furious.

"Stop Zelda? What has she done?" Tamira questioned. "I mean, I've heard some pretty bad things about her, but it couldn't be that bad-"

"It's really bad, Tamira," Ganondorf cut her off, and Link awkwardly climbed into the carriage while the two Gerudo people fought. He sat on one side of the carriage, staring at the empty seat in front of him. His seat was not very comfortable, but he could manage.

"How bad?" Tamira sneered and Ganondorf groaned in annoyance.

"It's a lot to explain!" Ganondorf exclaimed, then heaved a sigh. "Just take us back to the Gerudo Village. I will explain in further detail there."

--

Link stared out the window of the rocky carriage, his body shifting as it rode across the uneven trails that led to the Gerudo Village, which Link assumed was Ganondorf's home. The whole ride was silent and nobody exchanged any words towards each other during it.

All of a sudden, the carriage halted its movements, and Link felt himself jerk to the side a little as Tamira gripped the reins of the horses tighter. They stopped completely, and Link looked out the window again.

It was indeed a desert, Link could tell that immediately. And although he had never been here in his entire life, the area brought back a strange familiarity to him. What was it that made him remember this place, he thought.

The three exited the carriage, waiting for Tamira to tie the horses to a fence post before walking back over to the other two.

"So, Ganondorf, explain," Tamira demanded, and Ganondorf nodded.

It took about ten minutes for Ganondorf to explain everything that was going on, but the witty Tamira understood every word of it and very quickly. When he finished his speech, Tamira nodded and hummed a bit, deep in thought.

"You want to protect the man who possesses the Triforce of Courage..." she mumbled, and looked back up at Ganondorf.

Link was panting and fanning himself with both hands. It was scorching in the Gerudo Desert, way warmer than he expected. It was a desert, but he did not think that it would be this hot. How do the Gerudo people live through this? he thought, as he pulled of his cap and began to fan himself with that. He was still wearing his tunic and heavy armor, so that did not really help.

"Exactly," Ganondorf answered the woman.

"How about we ask some of the ladies here? Maybe they know something," Tamira suggested, and Ganondorf nodded approvingly.

The trio entered the Gerudo Village, and Link felt uncomfortable as the women either stared him down or began admiring his looks. Women usually found Link to be handsome, but it did not happen too often. Now, almost every woman here swooned over him. He decided to try his best to ignore their flirtatious stares, but found that almost impossible.

Tamira scoffed and glared at the women, who immediately stopped swooning over Link.

"Sorry, we don't usually have male visitors," Tamira explained and Link nodded. "And when we do, they're not the best looking."'

That's kind of rude, Link thought.

Tamira and Ganondorf began to ask some of the other Gerudo women if they knew anything about the Triforce of Courage and who possessed it, but ended up getting no answers.

A different Gerudo woman, who looked similar to Tamira, ran up to the trio wearing an energetic smile on her face.

"Ganondorf! You're back!" she exclaimed, stopping once she stood in front of Ganondorf.

She eyed Link suspiciously, then smiled kindly at him. "Who are you?"

"Link," he answered shortly, and the girl nodded.

"I'm Najia, Ganondorf's best friend," she said teasingly, and Ganondorf faked a gag at her words.

"No way," he mumbled and Najia just snickered.

"What brings a Hylian man here?" Najia asked Tamira, her face growing a bit more serious.

"Link and Ganondorf have found out some pretty bad info about Zelda, the princess of Hyrule," Tamira said. "And today, she is actually being crowned queen."

Najia's eyes widened at the older Gerudo woman's words. "That's bad...I've heard lots of bad stuff about Zelda...if she's queen, who knows what she can do?"

"She could ruin her own kingdom if she wanted, and even our small little village," Ganondorf said, frowning as he spoke.

"We're looking for the man who possesses the Triforce of Courage, and we need to protect him," Link spoke up, and then looked at Najia earnestly. "Do you know anyone who may possess the Triforce of Courage?"

Najia shook her head, then gave Link a confused look. "Why do you need to protect the Triforce of Courage in the first place?"

Link sighed, and looked over at Ganondorf, who extended his hand out to Najia. The Gerudo woman examined his hand and gasped when she saw the marking of the Triforce.

"You have a Triforce piece!? Which one?" Najia asked.

"Wisdom." Ganondorf brought his hand back down to his side.

"We read up about the Triforce and its origins and such. We found out that in the past legends, the princess, or in this case, Zelda, has always possessed the Triforce of Wisdom. That led me to think that nowadays, Zelda possesses the Triforce of Power, which makes this situation even worse. She has almost ultimate power in her hands right now. If she retrieves the other two pieces of the Triforce, she can grant anything she wishes, and that includes the fall of Hyrule and any other neighboring countries - even the whole world, if she desired," Link explained, starting to fan himself with his cap again as the heat grew.

Tamira and Najia began to think hard about his words, and the younger Gerudo woman's eyes lit up when an idea came across her mind.

"I don't think you'll be able to find any information here," Najia started, placing her hand on her hip, "but you can look elsewhere. I think Kakariko Village would be a good starting point."

Link's eyes widened. "Kakariko Village?"

Najia snickered a bit. "You don't get around much, do you? It's a village just south of here."

"It's run down and not many people live there now, but it wouldn't hurt to check it out," Tamira pointed out, and Link nodded.

He thought about it for a moment, before nodding and looking over at Ganondorf. "Let's go to Kakariko Village."

After making their plans, Ganondorf and Link were given their own horses to travel across Hyrule with. The two men departed the village, watching as Tamira and Najia waved goodbye to them, shouting random words of good luck to them.

--

It was quite a long travel, but the two eventually made it to Kakariko Village. Just like Tamira had said, it was indeed run down and seemed very empty. Link jumped off of his horse, Ganondorf following close behind.

"Hello?! Is anyone here?" Link shouted, cupping his hands around his mouth to act as a megaphone.

A door creaked open after he spoke, revealing a woman who looked slightly younger than Link. She seemed slender, and had a dagger, bow, and quiver equipped on her body. She wore very adventurous clothing, which resembled Link's green tunic in a way. Her hair was a yellowish blonde, and it was tied in a messy bun that had pink flowers holding it up.

"Visitors...?" the woman mumbled, her brown eyes blinking once. Her voice was light and smooth, and was very quiet as she said that word.

"Excuse me, ma'am, who are you?" Link questioned, taking a small step forward, nearing closer to the run down building the blonde woman resided in.

She smiled a bit nervously. "I'm Farona."

Farona opened the door a bit more and took a step out of the building. "What business do you have with Kakariko?"

"Um...Farona, my name is Link, and this is Ganondorf. We are here to ask if you know anything about the Triforce of Courage and who possesses it," Link explained shortly, and Farona's eyes widened at his words.

Her eyes softened after a moment, and she smiled. "I happen to know a lot about the Triforce of Courage, and the whole Triforce itself. I know more than that, as well."

"Lucky for you two, I am a descendant of one of Hyrule's greatest historians. I have dedicated my life to researching Hyrule and the Triforce," Farona said, the soft wind blowing her blonde strands of hair around her face. "Please, come in."

--

A/N: WHAAAA. These chapters are super frickin long, sorry ;-; I have it all planned out, and so much to fit into just one chapter.

We have a new character! Even though it was already said, her name is Farona. It's obvious I got that name from Faron :P Farona's character and her backstory will be explained in further chapters. I hope you like this new character :)

Thank you for reading this! We have also reached over five hundred reads!! Thank you guys so much! :)

-Katy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.8K 294 26
"Princess!" he yelled after her. "Where are you going?" "Back to the castle," she replied without stopping. "Not by yourself you're not!" "I'm sorry...
3.3K 210 12
What if Link was on the verge of death? Goddess Hylia opened up a portal when the hylian hero Link was close to dying at the hands of Calamity Ganon...
295K 7.7K 166
Hyrule has only ever dreamt of an end to the resurrection of Demise. With the returning of an ancient power, that dream could finally be fulfilled. C...
2.3K 146 35
This fic is cross posted on AO3 under the same username: justamethyst3 That is the only other place this fic should be ~ * ~ A mistake is made before...