Nightmare

By Kailazyneko

Aki is a normal teenager with divorced parents until one day a mysterious boy stops at her door step injured... More

Night-Mare
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 10

30 0 0
By Kailazyneko

(Takumi POV)

I sat in the bathroom coughing violently with the stupid fever I had obtained through anxiety. Having the sickly, nauseous, feeling and my whole body shaking from the coughing didn't make anything better. My wings were now visible and I couldn't make them go away. When it subsided I leaned against the counter sill shaking but able to hide my wings. I took deep breaths trying to regulate my breathing before I started to hyperventilate. I took my medicine bottle and read the side effects. Everything I was experiencing was part of them. But I haven't taken them since I was attacked by Tony. I opened the bottle and downed a few before opening the door and seeing Aki stand there. She had some water and a slice of pizza.

"Umm...I know we didn't eat so I ordered some pizza. I probably should have made some soup or something..." She said adverting my gaze.

I knew it, I look horrible. Being albino makes it even worse. Now I look like a freaking sheet with red plastered on the front. Great just great.

"It fine." I coughed out before accepting the water and pizza. She walked over to the kitchen and I sat on the bed drinking some water. I took a few bites of my pizza and didn't eat anymore.

Aki came back over with a small bag.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Well you are sick and I want to make sure you have a fever before giving you anything..." She mumbled.

I smiled, "Don't worry I already took something for it."

She sighed and put the bag down on the bed stand. I crawled under the blanket still shivering. I felt the bed shift and saw that Aki gave her blanket as well.

"Aki, what will you use?" I hoarsely asked.

"I was wondering if I could sleep with...you?" she shyly asked.

This will probably make her have lost of questions but right now I don't care. She can see them if she wants too.

"Yea you can anytime you want." I answered falling asleep feeling my powers fading and couldn't hide my identity much longer.

I felt her crawl into bed and I hugged her for warmth and because I didn't want to lose her. She was the only person I had left besides my father. I hugged her tighter and I could feel her stroking my hair that was probably fading and returning to the original color. I snuggled into her and felt so secure, so safe. I drifted off into my sleep, dreaming of my dear Aki.

"Please don't leave Aki..." I whispered.

She giggled and I herd her answer, "I will never leave Takumi."

I felt so secure with her words and drifted off into sleep. I slept for what seemed liked ages, but like all good things must come to an end. I opened my eyes to see that Aki was not in bed with me. I jumped out of bed still with a fever but I didn't care.

"Aki!" I called.

I heard a crashing sound in the bathroom and headed that way to only find Synder had gotten into the tub. I pulled him out and set him on the ground before running towards the kitchen. I sighed, and Aki had her headphones in so she couldn't hear me. I pulled one out and she looked at me with confusion and what seemed like...horror?

"Aki?" I asked confused myself.

"Hmm?" she asked with a little shaky voice.

"What's wrong? You are usually so happy-" I started remembering what happened last night. "Aki! Wait I can explain!"

"Explain? Explain what! That you have wings?!" She snapped.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw that my wings were out, but why was she so...afraid? She always wanted to see them when we were little...

"Aki please just let me explain more clearly to you. I-I didn't know that I was going to get this sick, but I can tell you why I'm like this." I blurted out.

"I really don't get you?" Is all she said before turning to walk away.

I panicked, the usual calm, laid back, fun person panicked. I ran and hugged her from behind not letting her go. She thrashed and yelled for me to let go, but I couldn't.

"Aki, please. You're all I have left..." I whispered as I cried into her shoulder.

She stopped thrashing and stood there. She didn't say anything and I knew she was mad but she still stayed. She didn't say anything for awhile.

"What about your dad?" she asked.

"He's always away on business." I mumbled.

"What about your mom?" she asks again.

"She hates me." I mumble again.

"Do have any other family?" she asked.

"No," was my answer.

Aki sighed and took a deep breath. She managed to turn around so she was facing me and I couldn't look at her. I didn't want to see the disappointment in her eyes. She cupped my cheek and pulled me in for a kiss. I was shocked at first, but then relieved that she forgave me. I kissed her back and I could feel her stroking the base of my wings. It made me shudder.

Just then the alarm went off for 5:30 to get up. Aki pulled away and smiled.

"Looks like we got to get ready." she said almost in a whisper and pecked my cheek.

I let go of her and went to my bag to get another shirt on. My face was beat red, but I felt relieved. She accepted me, where nobody else would. Aki.... I love you for all eternity.

As I was packing the rest of our belongings Aki blocked my path.

"What?" I asked a little flustered.

"Come here." she said motioning for me to lower myself.

She took hear hand and...placed it on my forehead. I let out the breath I was holding in and she pulled away.

"Take some more medicine before we leave." She said and walked away.

I stood there dumbfounded. I was so nervous for nothing? Ha! I'm lieing to myself again.

I grabbed our bags and headed out to the car. Aki followed me to the car and I put everything in it. She got in and waited without saying anything. I had a sad look on my face as I hobbled back to the front desk.

"Are you ok sir?" the lady asked.

I glanced up and nodded, "Can I ask what the date is?"

"December 24th sir." she answered kindly.

I only have one day! I got to get Aki a present for Christmas.

"Thank you, have a happy holiday." I said.

"You too sir!" she exclaimed to hear the remark.

I walked to the car and unlocked the doors that Aki locked. I hopped in and she huffed. I started the car and pulled out onto the highway. It was really quiet and I saw her gazing out the window ignoring me. I wanted to make her fell better but how? we passed the plaza and I remembered that we still had today! I turned onto the road and parked.

"What are you doing?" Aki asked not looking from the window.

"We are going to finish our aquarium trip." I say getting out of the car. I open up her door and she steps out with a heavy expression on her face.

"Umm...Aki? Do you not want to go?"

She turned to me and glared. "I don't know."

I get closer to her and she backs away. "Why are you scared of me?"

"Scared? I'm not scared, I'm angry that you didn't tell me sooner. Plus I am worried that your cold will get worse with you being out in the cold. I don't know what we are going to do for Christmas. It's in like five days and I haven't gotten anything for you..." she rambled on.

I laughed and took her hand and led her around the plaza while she kept talking.

Phew, that was a close one. I am so great full that she isn't scared of me... Does she still like me though?

"Umm Aki?" I asked cutting her off in one of her sentences about Christmas.

"Yes?" she asked.

"D-Do you still l-like me?" I asked lowering my head so my bangs cover my face.

"Yea I still do," she answered and I looked at her with joy. "But- don't keep anymore secrets from me. You can tell me whenever we are alone, so don't stress anymore please."

"O-Ok Aki, I'll tell you everything." I answered.

We looked at the aquarium and I forgot that it was only six in the morning. Not very many stores were open. I slumped in disappointment.

Aki giggled. "Dot worry we can go shopping in the mall."

"Ok!" I answer and drag her to the mall.

Once we hit the mall we went our separate ways and I went to the jewelry store. I looked around for awhile looking for anything that Aki might be interested in. I looked In the one case and saw a necklace that look beautiful. It had a silver chain, and apparently it was one of their signature brands. And for the diamonds, they were blue. I asked the employee if I could get this one and she said yes and went over to the register. She cashed me out and I asked her if she could wrap it for me and she did. I waited and looked out the store window leaning on the counter.

"Here you go sir." The lady said and gave me the bag. I thanked her and walked out of the store. I then walked over to the Verizon store and picked out a new phone for Aki. I put my number in and text her since she had my phone.

I waited in the plaza for her. I sat on the bench and leaned my head back.

Where is she?

My phone vibrated and I looked at it.

'I'm almost done, where are you?'

'In the plaza waiting for you, and I got you a new phone. Come here when your done.'

'Okay, and after we are done can we go to my cousins? he doesn't live far from here.'

'Sure, we can go anywhere you want.'

She didn't reply for awhile and I felt someone sit down next to me. I looked over and there was a little girl. She had blond hair and a cute pink dress on...and was looking right at me.

"Mr? Why is your hair white?" She asked.

"I was born with my hair white." I answered.

"Are you blind?" she asked again.

I laughed a little. "No I'm not."

"Are you sick?"

"No, not that I know of." I replied.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

Where are these questions coming from? "Sort of."

"I like you. You are nice." She said giving a smile.

I smiled at her, "Where are your parents?"

She pointed to the two people arguing. And I sighed.

"They don't ever fight." she said starting to sob.

I hugged her, "It'll be ok don't worry."

She hugged me back and I carried her over to the fighting couple.

"Excuse me?" I said.

They both looked over at me and saw that I was holding onto their daughter.

"Who are you?" the female asked furiously.

"Just a bystander. But I would advise you to keep a watch on your daughter and not to fight in front of her. She is a good kind girl." I answered.

"I told you that she went but you just had to refuse." The man snapped.

"Stop fighting mommy, daddy!" the girl sobbed.

"Shut up Haley!" The man yelled.

"Cover your years little one." I whispered to her and she did.

"Now let me tell you two something," I say cutting them both off. "If you have a problem with her, then just say it. But if you love her dearly then you would try to take her away from me. If you want my name it is Takumi, I'm Mark Uuki's son. Now I am going to go shopping with someone important and if you need anything here is my number. I am taking her with me while you settle this stupid fude out. But if you ever hurt her-I will hunt you down."

They both gave me scared looks and nodded. I walked away with Aki's present and the girl. I wasn't give feet before they started to bicker again. I sighed and put her down. She looked at me with sad eyes and I smiled at her. She uncovered her ears and hugged me.

"Don't worry mommy and daddy won't fight in front of you anymore. But we are going to go shopping.

"Takumi?" I hear Aki's voice.

I look over my shoulder to see her with a small bag and a shocked look.

"Hey Aki, this is Haley. She's going to go shopping with us for a little while. Her parents are having a little argument at the moment." I explained and she smiled.

"Hello Haley, I'm Aki and this is Takumi." Aki says. "You have a very cute dress on."

She let me go and had the brightest smile on her face.

"Hello Aki! I like your hair it is very pretty." She said. And ran over to her and whispered something. They laughed and I felt left out.

Haley waddled over to me, "Can we go to the fish place?"

"The aquarium?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yea sure." I answered and she leapt in joy.

I messaged her parents that we would be there and we walked to my car. I put our gifts in the car and got the passes out. I gave them to Aki and Haley and paid for a one day pass this time for myself. Haley took our hands and led us around the place. It was around ten now and I couldn't believe where the time went. We watched the dolphin show and I got a text back from her parents.

'We are terribly sorry for the trouble we've caused today. Thank you for taking our daughter out of the situation we've put her in.'

'That's ok I just hope that nothing like this will happen in the future and I don't mind watching her. My friend and her are having fun watching the dolphin show right now. It's almost over, I'll drop her off.'

'Thank you Takumi.'

'No problem.'

I put my phone away as the show ended and I picked Haley up and we headed back to the mall. She ran up to her parents and they seemed overjoyed to see her. Aki and I said our goodbyes and left.

"Takumi do you have a winter coat?" Aki asked.

"No." I answered.

"Well it is winter so lets go get you one." She said kindly and dragged me into a random store.

We looked at several coats before I decided on one. Aki made me wear it even in the mall.

"I thought you said that you wanted to go to your cousins." I said walking next to her into another random store.

"I do, but I have to get a present for him." She replied.

"Well...what does he like?" I asked.

"He likes to play video games and draw...He likes to act and is a computer nerd. He also likes that anime stuff as well." She explained.

I laughed. "Aki there is a lot to do with anime. You can cosplay, collect manga, figures, etc."

"So, is it like comic books?"

"In a way it is, and a way that its not." I answered.

"I'm so confused." She said and I laughed.

"You'll have to read it sometime."

"Ok, hey do you think that he will like StarCraft?"

"Well if he likes anime then I would suppose that he does."

"Ok we'll get him this."

We checked out and headed back to the car and Aki called her cousin. She talked for quite awhile, we were already at the house by the time she was done. I laughed and she gently punched me in the arm. We got out of the car and Aki grabbed the gifts, she grabbed my hand and lead me to the door and softly knocked on it. We waited for a couple minutes and then we heard loud crashing. Aki slowly opened the door only to almost be bear hugged my her cousin. I pulled her out of the way and watched him face plant the door. I stifled a laugh but Aki full blown laughed to her hearts content. I was glad that she was like this again.

Aki's cousin stood up and fixed his glasses. He was roughly five foot seven and had shaggy blond hair and green eyes. He liked to wear graphic tees as far as I could tell.

"Hello Aki! Its so nice to see you again!" He said cheerfully and shook her arm a million times. I cleared my throat and made myself noticeable in the house.

"Ryo this is Takumi. Takumi this is Ryo. Hope you too gamers can get along for a little while. Just until Christmas Ryo." She finished and turned to see him crossing his arms and pouting.

"Yo, what games you play?" I asked following Aki towards the living room.

"A variety of RPG and MMO. Not like you know what thoes are." He said snottily.

"Aww, come on now Ry-Ry. I know what RPG and MMO is and I am one of the top players as well. If you dont believe me go ahead and try to play against me. But I am here only for Aki, she wanted to spend Christmas with her family and that is what I am going to let her do." I finished flopping down on the couch exausted.

"Takumi be nice." Aki said. "Ry-"

I was grabbed by the collar of my shirt and hoisted off the couch and pinned to the wall. I saw Ryo glare daggers at me and I just patted his head

"Im not afraid of you. I dont usualy use violance against people but you just get on my nerves. How can Aki go for a guy like you? Your discusting, putrid, an-" Ryo started to say.

"Otaku. Just like you Ry-Ry." I said and he gave me a confused look. "Care to play a game with me?"

"Ok, but if I win you will leave Aki." He said lowering me to the ground.

"Then I'll just have to be sure not to lose." I said taking his hand to seal the bet that we made. And the game was on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 3.6K 24
Book #1 ---------------------------------------------------------- 15 year old Aki Komori was adopted by Seiji Komori when she was 4,the church didn...
854 80 27
After the death of her parents due to car accident Arohi is offered a helping hand from her mother's friend who provides her shelter and take care of...
146K 5.2K 40
Disclaimer of Akashi Seijuro or kuroke's basketball. Some of the scenes of KnB may be here and I do own of mine plot too. Might be OOC. Akashi Sei...
17.8K 429 26
Everyone has a high school crush this ones cute but it is two boys so if you don't like that don't read it but I've don't normally write stuff like t...