You 'N I

By yourmommmm

When Melissa and Sara move into their own house, they didn't expect to have neighbors their age. The boys nex... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 8

40 3 0
By yourmommmm

Melissa's POV:

"Melissa, I'm heading over to Harry's. I'll be back later," I hear Sara yell from downstairs.

I shout an OK back but I'm not sure if she heard it. I get off my bed and walk over to my desk. I sit in the chair and turn my laptop on. I click on iTunes and Lorde starts blaring out loud.

I stood up from my chair and walked over to my bed before laying down on it. I reached over and grabbed my phone. I unlock my device and click on twitter. I scrolled through, favoriting and retweeting, before my phone starting quacking signaling I had a call. Liam's name appeared on the screen and I quickly hit accept.

"Hello?" I asked slowly, trying to calm my racing heart.

"Hey, Lissa! A friend of mine and I are going to the movies and I wanted to know if you would want to come? I know Sara's with Harry studying," Liam questioned through the phone. I thought about it for a minute before I figured I had nothing else to do.

"Yeah, sure! What time?" I hoped I had enough time to get ready, I thought to myself.

"I'll pick you up around 5?" He asked curiously. I looked at the clock on my nightstand and saw that it read 4:15.

"Sounds good!" I said with a giddy smile on my face.

"Alright, love. I'll see you then!" He bid before he hung up. I did a little happy dance and quickly stopped once I realized how stupid I probably looked.

I laughed to myself and walked over to my closet. I stripped out of the shorts I had on and shimmied into a pair of skinny jeans and slipped on a fitting baby blue sweatshirt.

I walked out of my closet and across my bedroom into my bathroom. I opened a cabinet and grabbed my curling wand. I plugged it up and tied up half my hair. I grabbed random pieces and made loose curls.

Once I finished my bottom layer, I untied the top layer of my hair and let it fall. I began making more loose curls and started singing to the new song that came on my laptop.

I unplugged the wand and set it down to cool off. I looked up in the mirror and my hair wouldn't stop falling into my face. I turned around and went to the little stand I had next to the door and grabbed a few bobby pins.

I turned back towards the mirror and pulled my hair out of my face, pinning the wild strands back.

Satisfied with my hair, I crouched down and opened the door underneath the sink. Grabbing the cover up and mascara, I stood back up. I applied the cover up in the much needed spaces and added mascara.

 Once I was finished, I walked out of the bathroom and back to my closet where I decided to wear my tan fake uggs.

I looked in the mirror and liked my outfit. It looked good for going to the movies and maybe something afterwards. I walked out of my closet and checked my phone which read  4:53.

I quickly grabbed some cash and put it in between my phone case and my phone. I slid the phone into my back pocket and walked downstairs. I sat down on the couch and decided to scroll through tumblr.

I heard a knock on the door and quickly shouted a hold on before I shut my computer off and ran over to the mirror that's hanging on the hallway wall and check my hair. I ran over to the door with my key and phone in one hand and opened the door with the other.

"Hello, love!" Liam said cheerily.

"Hey!" I chirped while shutting the door and locking it. I turned around as Liam spoke.

"So my friend is in the car. I'm sure you guys will get along!"

"Alright, cool! I can't want to meet him! Are you sure don't mind me coming?" I asked while we walked down the short driveway before we reached his car.

"Yeah, not at all!" He said while opening the side door open. I hopped on in and he shut the door and got in the drivers seat.  I saw someone turn around and I introduced myself.

"Hi, I'm Melissa!" I said while sticking out my hand to shake his. He chucked and shook my hand.

"Hello, I'm Zayn." Zayn said, his accent was clear. Liam started the car and Zayn turned around before giving me a sly smirk. I looked at him weird.

What the hell? Why does he seem so familiar? I try to think if I've ever seen him before then let it go. Of course I don't know him.

"So what movie are we gonna see?" I asked after a few awkward moments.

"The Conjuring," Liam replies and my heart just stopped. A scary movie? No way.

"O-oh," I stutter. I've never liked scary things. Wow am I suppose to watch this?

"Is that alright," Zayn asks.

"Yea-yeah, that's fine," I stutter again. Maybe it won't be as scary as I think it will be.

15 minutes later we pull into the packed parking lot. Liam parks the car all the way in the back and we get out. I walk in between Liam and Zayn toward the movie theater.

We walk in and buy our tickets, snacks, and drinks. Liam leads us to our seats and I sit to the left of Liam and Zayn is on Liam's right. The lights dim and the movie starts.

I squeal as something pops up and I hear Liam chuckle. I look at him and mutter,"It's not funny."

He moves the arm rest up and raps his arm around my shoulders before pulling me into him. He laughs quietly before he whispers a quick sorry.

I rest my head on his chest and focus on playing with his fingers until the movie ends.

"From what I saw, that was horrible. Never am I ever going to let either of you pick a movie ever again. Nope. Never. Ever," I say and the two boys just laugh at me. I pout, which just made them laugh harder.

"It wasn't scary at all," Zayn says.

"Yeah. It was. Very much so!" I exclaim.

"Alright, love. How about we go get some ice cream? My treat," Liam stated. I huffed out some air but agreed anyways. We all walked out of the entrance to the theater and went to the car. We hopped in and Zayn turned up the music.

We turned the corner and saw a Dairy Queen. Liam parked the car and we all got out again. We walked in and I could feel Zayn staring at me. I looked at him weird and he just looked straight ahead.

Liam held the door open, I thanked him and walked through the door.

I got in line with Zayn and Liam on either side of me. Liam put his arm around my waist and I leaned into him. I hope I'm not blushing.

We got up to the cash register and took our orders.

"I'll have a blizzard please," I asked.

"I'll take a chocolate in a cone," Liam ordered.

"I'll have the same," Zayn stated.

"Alright, is that all?" The cashier, Mindy, asked. We nodded our heads,"Okay. That'll be $9.50."

After Liam payed, we stepped off to the side and waited for our order.

"Thanks again, for everything," I smiled at Liam. He smiled and just shrugged it off. We grabbed our delicious deserts and went to take a seat outside. Zayn was about to say something but my phone started blaring. I answered it without even checking who it was.

"Hello," I asked.

"Liss, when are gonna be home?" I hear Sara sniffle. I walk away from the boys so they won't hear our conversation.

"After we finish our ice cream. SJ what's wrong?" I couldn't help but question.

"I'll tell you when you get home," She sniffles again.

"Okay, well, I'm coming home now," I hang up before she can argue back. I walk back over to the boys who are luckily finished eating.

"Would you mind dropping me off now?" I ask Liam. "Sara's upset and I need to be there."

"Yeah, sure. Let me just throw my trash away and we can leave," Liam says.

We walk towards the towards the car and we get in. I buckle up and look out the window, biting my lip.

"My flat is just up the road, you can drop me off here," Zayn says. Liam pulls over and Zayn hops out waving. I stay in the backseat as Liam pulls out.

"Do you know what's wrong," Liam questions.

"No, I wonder if something happened between her and Harry," I wonder.

"We'll be home in a few minutes so don't worry," Liam reassures me. I start flipping my phone in my hands to try and distract me.

Minutes later, Liam parked in the drive way and I hopped out of the car as Liam opened his door.

"Thanks so much for tonight. I had a blast. You and I should go out and see a movie sometime. Just us. I mean like, if you want to?" I rambled on before stopping myself and kissing his cheek. I ran across my yard and up the few stairs. I grabbed the handle and twisted it open. I jumped inside and shut the door.

"Sara!" I yelled. I heard a muffled up here and jogged up the stairs and into her room.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I walked in seeing the younger girl sitting on her bed with her face squished in the pillows.

"Harry was about to kiss me but I stopped him." Sara said suddenly.

"Don't you like him?" I asked as she nodded.

"Then why'd you stop him." I questioned.

"I'm not ready for another relationship yet. Not after what happened with.. with Zayn," She explained.

And then I remembered.

Well shit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44 1 10
Emily Wattson moves into a house with her mom, but it's not a normal house. This house had a scary story behind it. Emily realizes she can see a boy...
1.1K 141 26
Not your typical Highschool. Not a cliche story. :)
98K 1.8K 35
Zoey just moved into her new house, little did she know that her life was going to change right before her very eyes when she meets the boy next door.
49.3K 1.4K 42
Third and final book to the Boy next door and the Girl next door. Zoey's and Brian's life together has its up's and down's. How will they learn to co...