One Night (Book 1) - Zayn Mal...

By lovelessbeauty

It only takes One Night to fall in love... To change a life, for everything to come undone. But it takes more... More

One Night
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chpater 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Tonight (Book 2)
Translations

Chapter 8

228K 4.4K 663
By lovelessbeauty

The next day I am incredulously sore. I feel like I can't walk without pain shooting up my legs, that's what I get for dancing for hours last night for the first time in months. Sarah is up and in a dress, getting ready for church. I slowly walk back to my bed from the bathroom and she turns to me.

"You look sore." She scrunches her nose in laughter as I walk away from her. I shoot her a warning look but laugh as well. "Are you coming to church today?" She smiles at me with hope. When she gives my that hopeful smile I can't bring myself to rid her of it. Rolling my eyes I give a swift nod before she squeals with excitement.

"I don't really have much to wear to church though." I point out.

"It's fine, here." She hands me a light purple dress that goes to my knees. I give her a confused look.

"Sare, you know we're not the same size, you're AT LEAST a size smaller." Sarah was a cheerleader through high school. How typical, the blonde popular girl a cheerleader. She was small and fit, but I was more toned than her. She rolls her eyes,

"I knew we were going to go to church. So I bought you a few dresses." She admits.

"Sarah!" I gasp, staring at her with anger.

I didn't like when Sarah bought me things. It made me feel like I was mooching off of her or a charity case. She always had more money and bought me gifts, which I would later repay her by taking care of her. She laughs and shakes her head.

"No arguing! Put it on, we're going to be late!" She insists with a stern look. I sigh and don't argue as I dress quickly. She drives us to church and the mass is nice.

There's singing and the pastor talking. We talk to a few of the parents by us afterwards. Sarah is all too friendly, talking to them about college and how we moved from Loveland. Turns out one of the couples moved from Loveland a few years ago and Sarah and them took off talking.

I listened to the conversation. Adding small things in to contribute like,

"Oh how about that. Me too. Yeah. That's sounds amazing." Nothing of substance though. I was having a hard time paying much attention for I just wanted to take a warm bath and relax my awfully sore muscles. Finally, after what seems like years, Sarah wraps up the conversation and we are in her car.

"See that wasn't so bad!" She smiles at me. I buckle up and clear my throat, running a hand through my hair and ignoring the aching pains in my legs.

"I guess." I agree turning up the radio. On our way back to the dorms Sarah stops at a breakfast restaurant. I love spending time with her. Especially when it involves food. Eating and girl talk is the best combination I could ask for.

I insist on paying for breakfast since she paid for the dress I wore, thankfully I had slipped some cash into the clasp I carried. 

"So are you actually going to classes this week?" I ask her. Sarah had been slacking in some classes, not having parents shoving you out the door makes it easier not to go. She rolls her eyes and nods.

"I did say I would go to class for now on if you went the party." She says in a singing voice. I laugh, remembering the offers she threw at me in her desperate attempt to get me to go. I'm thankful I agreed to go though.

"Good, you should've been going for a while now." I scold her.

"Yes mom." She sticks her tongue out at me and I throw my straw wrapper at her. She laughs and catches it. We get back to the dorm around one and I spend the rest of the time studying for my AP Chemistry class. She's busy on the computer again. I swear she is attached at the hip with that thing.

Monday was boring, I finish my first class of the day, Psychology with ease. Even though I was unsure of what I wanted to do, the class was easy and stress free. Interesting as well. I only had three classes to my day; Psychology, Literature, and AP Chemistry. I took all my math courses in high school, thank goodness. I walk back to the dorms to grab some stuff for AP Chemistry.

Lately I've been doing better at pushing that night to the back of my mind. Reminding myself whenever I'd see his eyes, whenever I'd feel his kiss, whenever I'd think of the stories he told me, that they were part of a night that never happened. A night that at times I wish didn't happen so I wouldn't think about it. 

"Jules!" A voice calls to me, a British one. To my surprise I turn to Harry who runs towards me with a smile. I stop walking and smile as he approaches. He wears a warm jacket along with jeans. Nothing too fancy.

"Harry? What are you doing here?" I glance around the campus side with the dorms. The campus is quite gorgeous.

There are many brick buildings, grass, flowers, trees are all beginning to hit their peak before dying off for the middle of fall. Gorgeous trees loom around campus. Their leaves beginning to turn a tint of orange and red. 

Strange to see Harry here. He lived at the frat house I thought.

"Looking for you actually." He admits with a smile. "You left this in my car." He holds out my wallet and I mentally slap myself.

"Thank you so much." I laugh accepting the wallet from him. "I can't believe I didn't know this was missing!" I shake my head as Harry sticks his hands in his pockets. "So do you have a class right now?"

"No I just got out of one." He glances back to where he had just came from.

"Oh... well you want to come in? I'm sure Sarah's inside and would love to see you again." I laugh. I wasn't sure if Sarah had her heart set on Niall, but I knew Harry was charming and she wouldn't mind a visit from him. He shrugs

"Why not?" He replies with a simple smile taking over his face. I lead the way through the dorm rooms and open our door. The room seems more spacious than usual, and I realize it's because Sarah has cleaned her side of the room. I am thankful for it, I didn't want Harry to think we were super messy girls or something.

I set down my stuff in the kitchen and walk towards the bedroom. Sarah is on her bed, music plugged in, not a care in the world. I glance at Harry who takes in our room. I tap Sarah's shoulder and she looks up at me and notices Harry. Her eyes widen and she pulls the music from both ears.

"Harry?" She gets up and smiles at him. "What are you doing here?"

"Just came to say hi." He shrugs. Sarah is beaming with happiness as she turns to me with a wink. Oh no, she never winks.

"Just to say hi, huh? Sure it had nothing to do with Jules?" My eyes widen and I gasp turning to her. I brought him here for her not me. Harry glances at me and chuckles, I feel my cheeks burn red with embarrassment.

"I just was giving her, her wallet." He assures.

"I left it in his car when he brought me home Saturday morning... I can't believe I went by this whole weekend without it!" I chew on my lip, I felt supremely stupid for not realizing my wallet was missing.

"This one, she hates carrying her wallet around." Sarah laughs pointing at me. It was true, I usually kept cash with me on all times.

"Did you go to class today?" I observe her as she's still in her pajamas. I eye her like a mother would look at a child who just got caught sneaking into the house. She blushes and looks away, running a hand through her hair. "Sarah!" I demand with a smile on my lips.

"Okay! I slept in through Calculus, but I SWEAR I'm going to my Brit Lit class." She raises her hands to show she's not crossing her fingers. I roll my eyes and throw a napkin at her. "Hey!" She giggles.

"So Harry, can I get you something to eat?" I offer walking to the kitchen. Sarah sits down at the counter and Harry just shakes his head.

"I should head out, I have a lot of errands to run." He explains. "It was lovely meeting you two again though." He flashes a charming smile and leaves our dorm.

"Bye Harry!" Sarah waves her hand to him as he shuts the door. I open the cabinet as the door shuts and Sarah begins her questioning. "So why was he REALLY here?" I grab cereal from the cabinet trying to ignore her suspicious tone.

"I honestly forget my wallet." I laugh turning to her as I pour a bowl of cereal. "Are you interested in him?" resting the cereal on the counter next to my bowl.

"No way, he's yours!" She laughs as she reaches for the cereal. I nearly choke on the cereal I had put in my mouth and cough, pounding my chest. Once I get the cereal down I can't help but stare at her with shock.

"What?" I laugh.

"I see the way you talk with him and the way he looks at you." She smiles. "Besides, I think I'm really starting to like Niall." She admits with a blushing face, she digs her hand into the cereal to avoid eye contact. I smile,

"Are you blushing?" I laugh throwing some of my cereal at her.

"Stop it!" She shrieks. "You're making a mess!" We both laugh at her accusation. Sarah was the messy one, always leaving things for someone else to clean up.

"Oh yeah, thanks for cleaning the dorm." I look around the dorm again, the clothes are all put away and the counters clean.

"Least I could for skipping first." She lifts her shoulders and drops them with a giggle. I glance down at my cereal. Did Harry really like me in that way? And if he did, did I like him back? All I can manage to see is caramel eyes... a kiss that ignites my skin, makes my tummy warm, my knees weak...

The rest of the week is not very eventful. I did make a new friend in my AP Chemistry class, Liam. Sure enough, he had an accent and was part of that frat. How was it I went a full two weeks without running into any of the boys from out of the country and after one party, they're popping up left and right?

Finally when the weekend came Sarah went on a date with Niall. When she got back she looked like she just came from a trip to heaven. Spinning around, humming, smiling at everything and anything. She gushed all the details about their date.

"He took me to a movie and then we watched the stars after dinner." She sighs, smiling up at the ceiling. I can't help but feel jealous of her, she was having a perfect romance with an Irish boy who was so friendly. While I was studying and fighting myself to forget that night.

"So you had fun?"

"Best date ever." She affirms with a smile.

"I'm glad." I laugh. The weekend flew by, I went dancing on Saturday night, my body was no longer sore and I took it easy this time. Sunday Sarah and I went to church sitting by a new couple who she instantly hit things off with again. That girl could make friends ANYWHERE she went.

Monday rolled around again. The week should have been normal and boring, but you know they say things happen when you're not expecting them to. And that's just what happened... the unexpected. Bringing my boring life and days to a complete halt.

(A/N: Who's excited to see what happens? Wonder what could possibly happen to ruin Juliet's perfect boring life ;) so excited to post the next chapter! Expect it tomorrow night!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 7.8K 32
Harry [18] , a jock, plays any sport he can, hottest guy in school. He's of course popular and girls will do anything to get to him and have him in b...
26.1K 521 24
Lara's life has been a series of unfortunate events. Everything has gone wrong and due to her elephant memory, it's not like she could forget any of...
135K 8.9K 16
[COMPLETED] [SHORT STORY] ❝I was starting to fall for him...but for all I know, we could be thousands of miles away❞ ************ Copyright © 2014: A...
34.7M 958K 104
"I have been watching you for a while now, my love" he whispered darkly in my ear. "Why are you doing this to me" I squeaked, earning a low chu...