When The Shy Girl Meets The P...

By MissSeraph

Celeste Farris had always been a girl who yearns to experience the bittersweet feeling of love. As time passe... More

01: Three Hot Students
02: I Want To Get To Know You
03: He's In A Coma
04: Hey, I Was Wondering If You Wanna Eat Dinner With Me?
05.5: Ava's Life (Special Chapter)
06: Took You Long Enough
08: I Thought You Were Going To Kiss Me
09.5: Nick's Life (Special Chapter)
10: I Like You A Lot, Why Don't You Go Out With Me?
11: He's Dead
12: Don't Come Near Me!
13: Don't Pick A Fight You Can't Win
14: Spring Fest
15: Old Friend
16: Amusement Parks

07: I Now Have A Boyfriend

28 0 0
By MissSeraph

Celeste

It's raining today. Scratch that, there's probably a storm or typhoon here. It's been pouring nonstop since last night and I'm trying to find a way to get to school. Matt won't be going to his university because there is a special event held.

Mom left for the hospital an hour ago. Dad hasn't woken up yet. I'm losing hope that he will. I got dressed and did my makeup minutes ago. I looked out the window, seeing the trees sway slightly as the strong wind blows.

Why don't they just cancel our classes? It'll make life easier for both me and them.

I trudged into my brother's room, knocking twice. I heard a grunt and I took it as a signal to enter. "Dearest brother, please drive me to school." I said, pleading with my eyes. Only a few months left before I get my own license.

"Cel, you have the worst timing. Here I was planning to relax and you come barging in, asking for a ride." My brother sighs, narrowing his eyes at me.

I sheepishly smiled, rocking back and forth on the heels of my feet. He stares for a few more seconds before nodding. "Fine, only because it's raining like hell," he gives in with a small smile.

I grinned and nodded, rushing out into the garage. Lucky, our Golden Retriever, followed me out, his tail wagging. I bent down and rubbed his ear, saying a quick 'bye'. I waited for Matt to open the door, since he has the car keys. I got into the passenger seat and we drove off. The rain was so hard to the point of making our view blurry. There were too much raindrops and I could barely see what was in front of me.

Matt dropped me off in front of the gates so that I wouldn't get wet. "Thanks, Matt. You're the best. Drive back safely alright?" I tell him, my voice stern and firm.

He rolls his eyes and nods. "Yeah yeah. See you later," he says before driving home.

I entered the school, dropping by my locker to take some books out. "Morning." I heard a familiar deep voice greet me.

I turned around, plastering a smile onto my face. "Ah, good morning. About last Saturday... I'm sorry for being so snappy. It wasn't nice of me to act like that." I apologized, wanting to move on from the little incident and instead become better friends with him.

"It wasn't your fault. You had every right to be hostile towards me. I should be the one apologizing. I'm really sorry, Celeste. I hope you can forgive me," he sincerely spoke.

"I forgive you," I mumbled before quickly walking away.

"Celeste, my love!" I heard Angela shriek.

I yelped as I felt her stick to me like glue. "A-Ange, what are you doing?" I squeaked. She laughed, pulling away. Her dark eyes shone brighter than any other days. She had a certain glow today. I just can't point it out...

"Guess what?" She asks excitedly.

I smile, raising an eyebrow. "What?"

"I now have a boyfriend," she sang happily. Oh, she now has a- wait what?! She has a boyfrined?! Since when? Wasn't Histon courting her? Unless...

"I said yes to Histon!" She yells, bouncing up and down, taking hold of my pale hands.

"I'm happy for you! I'm sure he'll be able to make you happy!" I laughed, hugging her. She giggles cutely, hugging back. Wow... How come she never told me until today?

We went to class, waiting for Ave to arrive. Nick enters the class, looking around. Again, we were the early birds. Histon arrives and Angela immediately smiles.

"Mornin' angel." Histon greets her with a smile.

Angel, huh? That's one adorable nickname.

"Morning, Histon." She greets back with much enthusiasm.

"Lovebirds," I mutter, feeling like the third wheel.

Ava and Jaxon soon arrives, both drenched from the pouring rain. "What happened?" I inquire, stifling a laugh. Ava sighs, ranting about how her car ran out of gas and she had someone help make it work again.

Jaxon just shakes his head, saying his mom called him and he needed to cross the street to get something from her. I started laughing at their luck, which was not very good.

"So Celeste, the Spring Fest is coming up. You know what that is right?" Ave asks with a smirk.

I nodded. Of course I knew. It was what every student looks forward to in this school. You only have it once in your entire school life. Anyone who misses it would be unlucky. Every senior said that the Spring Fest rocks. They said it was extremely enjoyable too. It's usually held in an open area away from school. There's also the Winter Ball, Summer Gala, and the Autumn Formal. Next year, which is our last year we have before college; we will be having prom. Every student that has attended said that it was the most extravagant ball they've attended.

Now that I've said this, you probably figured out that a year in this school isn't cheap or afforable for some people. I'm lucky to be able to attend a good school.

"Spring Fest is in a month, Cel! And we haven't shopped for clothes yet! We need to look for shoes, dresses, accessories, bags, hair stylists-"

"I get it, Ange. But do we really need to spend this much on a small festival?" I groaned.

"Yes, we do! This is what all of us have been waiting for, we need to enjoy ourselves!" She replies, throwing her hands up in an exaggerated manner.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "But let's not forget that there are three more balls to attend after the Spring Fest!" I added, crossing my arms. Angela rolls her eyes, deciding to ignore my 'stupid' words.

"I'll let mom call a designer for me!" Ava gushes.

"No, it'll be more fun if we all go shopping together," Ange insists, pouting.

"You girls are really excited." Nick mutters.

"Not me." I raise a hand.

"You will be." Ava promises.

In the middle of the day, the school announced that classes would be cancelled due to the continuous rain and strong wind. I decided to walk home, knowing I'll be guilty if I ask my brother to pick me up. Again.

Yes, I'm drenched in rain. Yes, I'm feeling cold. Yes, I'm sure I'll get sick. But that doesn't matter right now. What matters is I get home within half an hour or else I'm positive I'll collapse. The floor is slippery and there were barely any cars or taxis driving by. I slipped twice already.

Ava lived right around the neighborhood, which is the reason why I'm wondering why I didn't ask her for a ride. I shivered as I pushed away my light brown locks from my face. I eventually got home, shakily lifting my hand to press the doorbell. No one opened the door. What. The. Hell.

I rang the doorbell again. And again. And again. And again. I started feeling pissed and angry. I felt hot and cold chills at the same time. A headache throbbed in my head as I rang the doorbell for the sixth time. The door finally opens and Matt stares at me with a surprised look.

"Sis, what the hell happened to you?! Get in!" He booms angrily, ushering me into the house. I shook my head. "The floor will get wet," I stated, pointing at the shiny and clean tiles.

"Like I care about that. You're more important, idiot!" He scolds, pulling me in.

He grabs the back of my knees, tossing me over his shoulder. My bag and hair was dangling upside down. I felt the blood rush to my head. He drops me on my bed, stumbling to get a towel. He runs the water in the bathtub and tosses the towel at me. I did my best to dry my hair.

My bag was wet as well. I removed the things inside it and dumped it into the dryer. I do not know if it will work, but let's hope it will. Matt sighs as he sees my unwell state.

"Why didn't you call me, sis?" He questions.

"I'd feel bad if I disturbed your rest. I mean, I already disturbed you this morning," I answer with a small shrug of my shoulders.

Matt was about to reply, but I felt a sneeze coming, so I held up a hand, signaling for him to wait. I sneezed and rubbed my nose. "Okay, continue." I ordered.

"Celeste, I would've found a way to get you home dry and safe." He said.

"I feel cold," I mumble to myself.

Apparently, Matt heard, so he dragged me into the bathtub. He didn't care that I was still wearing my clothes as he practically sat me down in the boiling hot water. I yelped, standing up.

"That's too hot!" I complain, lifting a foot up as I made a move to get out.

"No it's not, you're just feeling cold." He shakes his head, disagreeing with my statement. Matt almost always has a point.

I decided to give up and sit back down, my body shaking from the temperature. I did not know whether it was too hot or too cold. I was feeling both at the same time. I turned away from Matt, so that he wouldn't see my chest.

"I- uh, I'll be waiting for you outside. I'll make you hot chocolate and a sandwich. Keep yourself warm," he advised me kindly before stepping out.

I stripped out of my clingy and transparent shirt. I removed my jeans and tossed it into the laundry basket. I sank down into the tub, slowly enjoying the warmth. After a few minutes, I felt my eyes droop. I decided that I should get out before I fall asleep. I hopped over the bathtub and had a quick shower before getting dressed.

I slipped on my warm and comfy sweatpants. I dried my upper body and clipped on my bra before wearing my plain white shirt. I dried my hair a bit before stepping out of the bathroom.

"Took you long enough," Matt teases.

I sneezed for the second time before chuckling. I sat beside him and sipped on my hot choco. It was creamy and bittersweet. He handed me the sandwich and I smiled gratefully at him.

"Thank you," I said.

He shrugs his shoulders, watching me eat. He kept staring at me, so I wondered if I had anything on my face. "No, there's nothing on your face," he suddenly pipes up.

I jumped in surprise. "I was just thinking that you've become happier now. You rarely smiled before. Even more so when she died," Matt mutters. I felt my mood dampen drastically. I set the sandwich down and laid under the soft duvet.

"I-I'll go take a nap, I'm not feeling well." I feigned a headache as I said those words.

"Celeste..." Matt trails off.

"Um, I'll see you later. I'm sleepy," I quickly stated. Matt thinks for a moment before leaving the room quietly. I sighed, looking up at the ceiling. The rain is softer now. I can hear the soft pitter-pattering of the raindrops.

I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep. But I can't. I'm not sleepy anymore. I felt my phone vibrate and I swiped it open.

From: Jaxon
Are you @ home rn?

I rolled my eyes at his shortcuts in typing. It kinda annoys me when people texts like that. Anyways, I typed a reply.

To: Jaxon
Yes. I am. Why?

I immediately got a reply.

From: Jaxon
Ava told me to give u a dress. She bought it for u. She also gave me the address. I'm on my way.

Wait what? But Ava lives near me! And she's troubling Jaxon a lot! She could just give me the dress tomorrow, since I'm positive that there'll be classes tomorrow.

To: Jaxon
There's no need! I'll be seeing both you and Ava tomorrow. You can just give it to me then.

There. That should do it.

From: Jaxon
There's one prob.

Oh no.

To: Jaxon
Yeah? What is it?

After a second, my phone vibrated again. Jaxon was downstairs waiting for me to open the door. My brother would be shocked and confused if he sees Jaxon.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

To: Jaxon
Climb up using the big tree. My brother is here and he'd freak if he sees you. Move quickly and try not to fall.

I didn't get a reply after that. I opened my window and pulled him in, quickly shutting it close after. Jaxon sighs and brings out a plastic bag with a dress inside.

"Thank you. But you didn't have to do what she said," I scratched the back of my head.

He just shrugs, standing back up. I stood up and offered him another smile. As he was about to leave, he stopped, staring at me. Or my lips.

I awkwardly waited for him to get the hell out so I can lay back down in bed. "Um, Jax?" I call out.

He smiles, leaning closer to me. I took a step back while he took a step forward. And now I'm cornered, great! Mind the sarcasm. He lowers his head to my level, staring at my lips. I shifted away, but he blocked my way with an arm.

"You're so adorable," he softly laughs, bumping his forehead with mine. My face started heating up and I was getting flustered. What was he trying to do? Our noses touched and my breath hitched.

I had this sudden desire of wanting to connect my lips with his, but I pushed the feeling away.

He brought his lips closer to mine. And...

********
Hey loves! This is the seventh chapter! I ended it with a cliffhanger. Do you think they'll kiss? How do you think the Spring Fest will turn out?

Anyways, I'd love a feedback on how I'm doing. Please do vote, comment, and follow me if you can! I'm sorry if there are spelling or grammatical errors by the way.

The next chapter would be up next week, like scheduled. Do continue reading and stay updated!

All the love. Xx

MissSeraph💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 358 13
"𝒮𝑒𝓍 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹" A young woman by the name of Shania Jane Joseph who looks for love in th...
28.9K 737 39
{Book 3 - Completed} All Marley Pennington wanted to do since her freshman year of high school was to turn her life around. To be someone she always...
1.4K 161 18
"We were just kids in love." Nicole is an outgoing senior in high school, hoping to make this year her best yet. She is the new girl in town and is l...
3.3K 159 68
So who will it be for this hopelessly unromantic girl? The brooding best friend? Or the young and unquestionably attractive substitute teacher? They...