In The Lights

By BlueLightingx

Hayden Moore is the daughter of one of Hollywood's biggest power couples. She's been in the public eye her en... More

In The Lights
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 24

493 14 2
By BlueLightingx

"So what do we do from here?" Colson's voice shattered the silence we had been sitting in for about an hour. Neither of us had any words to say, nor did we know what to say in this moment. I shrugged and raised up my hand to run it through my hair. 

"I don't know. I never really anticipated on being 17 and pregnant," I tried to smile, but I just couldn't. How would my parents react to this? My friends? Austin

"I'm sorry, Hay. I didn't even think to use anything," Colson groaned and hung his head. 

"Colson it goes both ways. I didn't even remind you. Both of us are responsible," The room went silent again as the clock struck 8.  

"Does anyone else know?" 

"Only Gwen and Piper," I grumbled as the nauseous feeling came back suddenly. Colson grabbed the nearest trash can and placed it beside me.  

"I was about to go across the street and get some food. Are you hungry?" He scanned the room for his wallet before grabbing it off the nightstand. 

"No I'm fine," I slowly pushed myself off the ground and rubbed my head. "Do you mind if I go lay down?" Colson shook his head and placed his warm lips on my forehead. 

"Of course. If you wanna change I have some pajamas in the top drawer and sweaters in the closet. I'll be back soon," Just as he walks out, my phone buzzes. I slide my finger across the screen and place the phone to my ear. 

"Hayden, can we talk?" Austin sounded panicked. 

"We are talking, Austin," I began to slur my words and that's how I knew I was on the verge of saying something I didn't mean. 

"Are you at home?" He exhaled. 

"No, I'm not. What is it you wanted to talk about? I'm really tired." I grumbled, making my way into Colson's bedroom and beginning to rummage through the drawers for clothes. 

"I'm sorry for the argument earlier. It was dumb. I really want you to come over so we can just hang out," He continued rambling on but I eventually zoned out, sliding on a long pair of red and black pajama pants and a grey Cleveland hoodie.  

"Listen, Austin, I'm tired and I just wanna go to bed," I breathed deeply, relaxing back onto the bed and cuddling under the blanket.  

"Then let me come over to your place. I can bring a few movies and we'll eat ice cream?" Austin sounded hopeful, but it was no use. It wasn't going to happen. 

With Austin, we were always arguing for a dumb reason. Whether it be Colson showing up at the same event as us or his song coming on the radio and I didn't change the station or something petty. But I was tired of it. And now with a baby on the way, I had to figure out what was best for me - Us

"Goodnight, Austin," I ended the call and set the phone down beside me. Peace and quiet. Just what I wanted.  

It was only a few moments when I felt myself drifting off. I felt lifeless, free, and happy. Almost as if laying in Colson's bed sent a message to my heart telling me that this is where I belonged and where I should have been all along. And I was starting to believe it.  

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and a pair of lips gently pressing on my ear. 

"Feeling any better?" Colson whispered, sending chills down my body. I shook my head as he joined me on the other side of the bed. 

"I bought you some chicken tenders and soda. There's medicine in the bathroom, too," I smiled weakly. Colson already knew just what I needed and wanted. No wonder he's such a great dad. 

"You're gonna be a great dad, Colson," He smiled his prize-winning smile and gently massaged my cheek. "I love you." 

"I love you, too," His lips pressed against my forehead and formed into a smile. "But you still have throw-up breath, so I'm not kissing you," We laughed before shifting so that we were both on the bed comfortably, laying under the blankets and snuggled up to each other. 

Where we should be. 

.~.~.~.~. 

And with another day comes another wave of morning sickness. I've been sprawled across the bathroom floor for 45 minutes, sitting up every so often to empty the contents of my stomach. 

"Hey, you feeling any better?" Colson groaned as he yawned and stood in the doorway. His toes cracked with every step he took and his bed head was on a new level of messy. 

"Not even close," I groaned. "I ate half of a chicken tender and got sick immediately." 

"You've been throwing up since you got here and all night. Do you need to go to the doctor's?" Colson called as he shuffled into the living room, smelling and examining the food from last night. 

"Don't call the doctor. I'll be fine. It's probably from stress," He made his way back to the bathroom and tossed the food in the empty trash can near the door. 

"I'm not sure about the food. But if you're still sick tonight I'm calling the doctor out and she's gonna come look at you. Alright?" His shaggy blonde hair matted against his forehead with each swipe of his palm.  

"Fine," I rolled my eyes. "You should get to the studio. I don't want you to fall behind," After brushing his teeth and getting dressed Colson pulled me in close for a hug. 

"I'll be back as soon as I can. If you need anything, just call me," I nodded with a smile as he walked out and the door closed with a thud.  

.~.~.~.~. 

"There my 'No-Show Just Go' daughter is," My mom grumbled as she walked into the kitchen. Good morning to you too...  

"What are you talking about?" Grabbing a banana from the bowl on the counter I yawned and began scrolling through my phone. 

"Well I haven't seen you in a few days and you didn't come home last night after you left Austin's house. You're acting too grown up," I rolled my eyes and sipped the bottle of water that was beside me. 

"Mom I'm really not in the mood. I don't feel well," She rolled her eyes and filled the coffee pot with water, setting it on the low-heated stove. 

"What's been up with you lately? You were so happy, so outgoing, and just like your old self when you started dating Austin. And now you're back to the person you were when-" 

"When what?" I cut her off, "When I was dating Colson? Is that what you were going to say Mom?" She looked down, and shook her head. 

"All I'm saying is that you're much happier when you're dating someone who can relate to you," I hung my head and closed my eyes tightly, biting the inside of my cheek.  

"How can you really relate to Colson? He's 5 years older than you, has tattoos, and lives a hectic and crazy life, not to mention he's a bad influence. He had a baby out of wedlock," That last one stung a little bit, because he would soon have 2 babies out of wedlock.  

"None of that matters mom. As long as two people are in love, why should any of that matter? Just because he didn't grow up in Hollywood doesn't mean he's a terrible person," I spat, silencing her. 

I walked over to the fridge, grabbing a cold bottle of water. Walking back over to my black backpack sitting on the counter my mom looked up at me with a worried expression on her face and asked, "Where are you going Hayden?" 

"I'm staying with a friend, Mom." 

"Is this friend Austin?" 

"Again, does it matter?" My voice raised. I was beginning to grow frustrated. She's always in my business, trying to run my life and make my choices for me. I'm almost 18! "I'm turning 18 in 4 months. I don't have to tell you anything." I swung my backpack onto my shoulder and stormed out, getting into my car and quickly speeding out of the driveway. 

Maybe I was a little too hard on my mom, but she needs to let me have more freedom. I'm not the same girl I was a few months ago, let alone years ago. And she needs to learn that. 

.~.~.~.~. 

Not a chapter that I like very much. A better one WILL be coming out soon. Only 3 days for finals and then it's time for xMas Break!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.6K 52
[COMPLETED] When tragedy strikes leaving MGK in a rough situation his live changes forever. Suddenly and unexpectedly Jane comes into his life living...
68.5K 1.3K 18
Isaac Baker is like every normal high school sophomore. Popular, football player, and well liked by the ladies. Yet, his life is very different from...
6.8K 177 22
They had blood on their hands when they were young. He took the path that was fitting for who he was from birth. She on the other hand ran as far awa...
8.4K 174 37
When Fleetwood Mac were recording and then touring with their classic Rumours - at the time the fastest-selling album in history - they were one of t...