Being Saved By The Alpha

By kiara23

I thought I was six. I wasn't. I thought my parents were coming back to find me. They weren't. I couldn't rem... More

Description
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Three

71.3K 1.7K 167
By kiara23

(Normal POV)

I watched in fear as the four new wolves tore apart the rogues that were going to kill me. The biggest one, way more than twice my size, with the shiny black fur and alluring brown eyes that sparkled, was the one that saved me personally.

He killed the red wolf who was choking me, then killed the grey wolf who was the leader that was trying to drag me off. Kidnap me. Well, wolf-nap me.

I whimper as I watch the other two wolves fight some of the good wolves. My eyes flick towards the black wolf. He looks strong and brave, like my Daddy was when it came to me, my brother Jack and my Mummy.

The black wolf looks ready to spring back into action, but I want to run and hide. So I crawl across the ground and under him, cowering between his front legs with a frightened whimper. What if the two rogues are bad and strong and get past all the wolves, even the black one?

The black wolf growls protectively, crouching down above me so that he forms a barrier around my body. No part of my small frame can be seen through him, just my head pops out below his.

With wide eyes I watch the three good wolves fight the two remaining rogues.

When they kill him, I relax a little. They can't hurt me if they aren't breathing.

As one of the good wolves with dark brown fur steps forwards towards me, I whimper in fear. His gaze sweeps down towards my head, his eyes filled with a strange emotion.

I watch as he takes another step towards me, starting to feel threatened. I wiggle out from under the black wolf, surprising him.

Spinning on my heels, I turn away from the wolves and sprint away, whining in fear all over again. Are these new wolves going to eat me or kill me like the other ones were? Did they just save me so they could finish the job?

I hear paws racing after me, and instantly get a shot of energy. I race forwards, my only thoughts about getting away from the black wolf following me, until...

I smell a bunny!

Skidding to a full stop, I trod quietly up to a bush. Sticking my head through it, I take in a deep breath. I smell the very distinctive scent of a rabbit.

Pulling my head out of the bush, I creep around the side of the bush ninja style, like Jack once taught me to. I think he does it better than I do, though I'd never tell him that.

I am aware of someone watching me, the black wolf, but I ignore it. I go into hunting mode. I never did get to eat anything before I ran into the rogues path.

My eyes narrow in on the furry ball of fluff. Even though it is still night time, I can see perfectly fine. I sniff the air again, pin pointing the rabbit's position.

I crouch down, my butt higher in the air than my head. My back end wiggles with my tail down, like a cat would before pouncing.

I hear the black wolf chuckle behind me.

The noise he make's startles the rabbit. It bolts off into the undergrowth.

I spring into action. Jumping over the bush I was hiding behind with an excited yip, I streak after it. My small size helps me to slip under the smaller plants that I would have to jump over if I was bigger. I follow its scent right on the dot, picking up speed.

It makes sharp turns, but I pounce on it, slapping my two front paws over it to pin it to the floor in another small clearing with trees surrounding me. My butt sticks in the air as I pin the rabbit down with both my front paws, my tail wagging furiously.

I bark at the bunny. It struggles under my paws, scratching at me. I push down on its neck, snapping it in one fluid motion to make the rabbit feel as little pain as possible.

Scooping the rabbit up in my jaws, the sound of someone following me has me on alert again. Daddy always taught me to be careful of my surroundings.

I stand up straight, ears perked high, eyes wide and rabbit dangling from my mouth.

The black wolf steps out from the shadows, the moon reflecting off his shiny black fur. He watches me with his chocolate brown eyes.

Slowly, I blink once, waiting for his reaction. When he doesn't do anything, I chew down on the rabbit once, again waiting to see his reaction.

When he just watches me wild mild fascination, I grin to myself in my head. Maybe he's not going to eat me!

I snarl at my dead prey, jumping while twisting my body around and bucking out my feet. I flop onto the ground, chewing the rabbit without actually eating it just yet.

The black wolf bursts out laughing at my strange movements, a low coughing sound.

I start eating the fat rabbit, trying not to swallow any of its coarse fur. I learnt that the fur of a bunny doesn't taste very nice and is hard to swallow. I learnt that the hard way. Never again am I ever going to eat a rabbit with its fur still there. Yucky.

The black wolf steps closer, sitting two metres away from me.

I growl my little puppy growl, wanting to keep my food to myself. I killed the rabbit, so I get to eat the rabbit. That's what Mummy and Daddy always said. If you can kill it by yourself, you can eat it by yourself. Then it's fair.

The black wolf comes closer again, completely ignoring my warning growls like Jack always did.

I narrow my eyes at him, frowning. Why is he ignoring me? He is so big that my rabbit probably wouldn't even make a morning snack for him. Barely even a bite. But for me it makes half a proper meal because I am so small.

The big black wolf sits next to me on his haunches, towering over me. He watches me with his warm brown eyes, luring me into their deep depths...

With a shake of my head and a thump of my tail against the ground, I continue eating my rabbit. It tastes nice, plump and juicy.

When I finally finish my meal, my stomach feeling a little bit fuller than before, I stand up and stretch with a big yawn. Eating always makes me sleepy.

I start to head off towards my favourite sleeping spot, but the black wolf stops me. He steps in front of my path, his big body blocking my tiny one. I give him a look of complete confusion and slight annoyance. Why can't I go to my sleeping spot? I'm tired!

The wolf whines quietly, dipping his head to nudge me in the direction of the way he came from. I frown in confusion again. What does he want? The black wolf nudges me forward again, almost making me trip over with his strength. I step in the direction he tells me to go, wondering if that is what he wants.

The wolf follows me, nudging me again.

He wants me to go with him? Should I? Mummy and Daddy always say to not trust strangers. But this stranger did save my life... and what if more rogues come back? Then I would surely be killed. So if I do go with the black wolf, he can keep me safe for Mummy and Daddy when they come to find me.

I step towards the direction the wolf was nudging me on my own, wondering if I am going in the right direction. When the wolf grins a wolf grin at me, I feel a sense of pride. The wolf follows me, starting to lead the way.

His big, warm body presses up against mine, making me feel safer than before. He leads the way like he owns this forest, like he knows the way. He might know it. My Mummy and Daddy knew the way around it.

I follow the black wolf cautiously. I don't really know what's going to happen. I am nervous. My ears flick back and forth and my eyes dart around wildly. I don't want to meet any more rogue werewolves, they scare me a lot.

After half an hour, we are still walking. It is very dark out now, darker than it was before. I am guessing it is maybe around midnight, way past my normal bed time.

When the black wolf beside me gets all tensed us and starts growling, my attention peeks and I look at him warily. Did I do something wrong?

The black wolf moves his legs over my body easily, standing over me protectively, looking into the dark shadows. I see four dark blurs step out from the shadows, growling and snarling at my black wolf.

Two have grey fur, two have brown fur. They all are bigger than me, but not as big as the black wolf. I take a curious sniff of the air, and recoil when the yucky smell of rogues fills my nose. To me they smell like rubbish and Jack's dirty socks. Stinky.

The black wolf with me snarls warningly at them, telling them to back off. One of the brown ones snarls right back. He is obviously the leader of the small group. Why are there so many groups of rogues around here now? And why do they always seem to find me?

The black wolf growls as the brown, leading wolf lunges.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.4K 1.8K 27
Rosalie isn't your ordinary werewolf. She is part of a unique breed. This breed is just like werewolfs, except instead of being part wolf there part...
326K 13K 23
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
13.3K 681 28
Shyanne Beeker has a hard time being the Omega in her pack. She's practically invisible now, but she has learned to deal with it. When she meets a tr...
263K 7.2K 25
My name is Jorden and I'm a ginger. Not to brag or anything but I'm not fat, ugly, or even under weight. Just to save you some time this is kinda a r...