Behind Closed Doors (studentx...

By StillTwirling

***PREVIOUSLY TEACH ME*** Rainah has never had an easy life. She lives with her two younger sisters, her emot... More

Behind Closed Doors (studentxteacher)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilouge
Author's Note
Behind Closed Doors Playlist + Update

Chapter 1

36.6K 676 239
By StillTwirling

I ran into my high school and went straight to the office to sign in and get my schedule. I was late. I normally wouldn’t mind as much, but it’s the first day of my senior year. I wanted to make a good impression.

Why was I late you ask? Long story short, I had to walk my youngest sister to the elementary school. My mother was too sore to do it this morning, but then again, so was I.

I guess now is a good time as any to introduce my family. Lily is the youngest, she is 8 years old going into 3rd grade. She has curly red hair and hazel eyes, like my mother. Sky is next, she is 13 and in 7th grade. She had wavy light brown hair and dark green eyes. I had a twin brother named Ash but he died, protecting me. He and I were identical, straight black hair and crystal blue eyes. I miss him so much it hurts. My mother is an older version of Lily, she is 43.

Then there is him…my father. I hate him. To me, he is not my father because of the things he does. He has grey hair and sinister black eyes. He is 52. He is only home a couple times a week, but when he is, home becomes a living hell.

“Tardy already, Miss. Carson?” the bitch secretary asked rudely. She was an old lady with white hair and glasses falling off her face. I just nodded, not wanting to start anything. She sighed and gave me my schedule. I walked out of the office to get away from her before I checked it out.

I had Calculus, English, Chemistry, a double period of music and Gym. I groaned, everything sounded terrible except double music.

I went to my Calc class and sat by the window next to a pretty girl with long brown hair pulled into a ponytail, the only seat left due to my lateness. I didn’t mind though, I had all but one friend any way.

On instinct, I looked down at myself. I had on a large blue sweatshirt and black yoga pants. I always wore loose clothes to hide my fat, ugly figure along with bruises from my dad and cuts from myself. I’m trying to lose weight, despite what the doctor said.

Last year, I was diagnosed with anorexia. When I look in the mirror all I see is fat. When I look at other girls, I see their perfection. I want to be like them.

The first three classes passed quickly considering we were only going over policies and procedures. It was now my lunch break. Great.

I only really go to lunch to see my friend Dani. She dyed her hair black with streaks of blue; it complimented her bright, lively green eyes. She was a very artsy person.

I scanned the crowd and found her sitting alone, waving wildly at me.

“RAINAH!!” she shrieked.

I grinned at her and ran over, she met me halfway and gave me a bone-crushing hug. I yelped from my bruises, she noticed and pulled back.

“He was home last night?” she asked gently. She knew everything about me, about my dad and the anorexia.

“Yeah.” I sighed.

She frowned before grabbing my hand and dragging me to the girls’ bathroom. She led me into one of the stalls and locked the door. This was normal for Dani, this was, as she called it, damage control.

“Let me see.” She said. I lifted off my sweatshirt. I knew I could trust Dani more then anyone else here. She inhaled sharply as she saw the blotches of purple on my back and stomach. “Rainah.” she trailed off.

“No, Dani. Absolutely not.” I said. I knew she wanted me to get help, but the idea of someone getting involved with my family scared me. Besides, I could endure pain. The bruises only hurt the first day.

            She just sighed and let me put my sweatshirt back on.

            We walked out and, as usual, things were back to normal. She tried to get me to eat so I ate an apple to please her. When lunch break ended, she went to double art and I went to music. We thankfully had Gym together.

            I walked in to the music room and saw a young hot looking guy, smiling at people who walked in. he had messy brown hair with tons of different browns in it. His eyes were a smoldering hazel. He looked built as well.

            He met my eyes and his expression went blank then a gentle smile appeared across his features. I tried to smile back but the momentary blankness had me paranoid.

            He turned back to the class as I grabbed a seat. “Hello class. I am Mr. Haynes the new music teacher. I plan to get to know everyone of you,” when his melodic voice said this, he met my gaze. “So I want each of you to fill out this survey about yourself. Then I want you to rehearse a song to sing in class tomorrow.”

            He passed out the papers quickly then returned to his desk and winked at me when he caught me staring again.

            I blushed which caused him to chuckle quietly. I sighed and begun the survey, even though I doubted he would even read what I wrote.

            Favorite color? Blue. Favorite singer/group? Too hard to pick. Favorite song? Changes day to day. Siblings? Two younger sisters.

            Pretty easy questions, nothing too complicated.

            I walked up to where he was sitting and handed him my papers, careful not to meet his gaze.

            “Very vague answers, Ms. Carson. Trying to keep me interested?” he chuckled. I looked up at him and he was smirking. I couldn’t help the small smile I returned. His captivating eyes softened when I smiled, the smirk was gone. I couldn’t look away.

            A cough broke our trance. I blushed and quickly turned to go back to my seat only to run into Mike. Mike was a huge guy who has always enjoyed pushing me around.

            He shoved me back into Mr. Haynes, hard. A pair of warm hands grabbed my waist and sent shocks threw my body. I gritted my teeth because one of his hands was directly on a bruise.

            “Mr. Farr, detention! After school, on Friday.” Mr. Haynes snapped, his hands still on my waist. He sent Mikey back to his seat before he led me into his office.

            “Are you alright, Rainah?” he asked gently. My name sounded like a song coming from him.

            “Yeah, I’m okay.” I replied quietly.

            “You looked in pain. Are you sure?” shit, he noticed.

            “I’m fine, I promise.”

            “Pinky promise?” he asked, holding out his pinky. He looked dead serious.

            I burst out laughing, I couldn’t help myself. He grinned as I shook his pinky.

            Once we were out of his office, I wiped the smile off my face; it would’ve drawn attention, which I could handle if Dani was here.

            The bell rung and I stayed put because of my double period. Only a few seniors had double periods, if you had all of your credits you could have a double.

            “Can’t stay away, Ms. Carson?” Mr. Haynes asked from the piano. He was smirking again.

            “Double period.” I said smiling.

            His eyebrows furrowed together. “I don’t have a class this period.” He was confused and so was I.

            “I’ll go to guidance and talk to them.” I couldn’t hide my disappointment as I turned to leave. He gently took my wrist and I turned around, even more confused.

            “Actually, you can stay, as long as you sing for me.”

            I gulped and bit my lip. I normally would sing for almost anyone without a second thought. But for some reason, I cared about what he thought of my voice. I was scared he would laugh at me or make fun of me.

            “Please don’t laugh at me.” I whispered, squeezing my eyes shut.

            “I won’t, pinky promise.” He said.

            I smiled at that. “What should I sing?”

            “Whatever you want.”

            I sighed and thought. “Can you play for me?”

            “Sure, what song?”

            “Firework by Katy Perry.”

            He started playing and I tried to lose myself in the song and not notice whom I was singing for.

Do you ever feel like a plastic bag,

Drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?

Do you ever feel already buried deep,

Six feet under screams but no one seems to hear a thing?

Do you know that there’s still a chance for you? Cause there’s a spark in you.

You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine.

Just own the night, like the fourth of July.

Cause baby you’re a firework!

Come on show them what your worth!

Make them go ‘Oh! Oh! Oh!’ as you shoot across the sky-y-y!

Baby you’re a firework!

Come on let your colors burst!

Make them go ‘Oh! Oh! Oh!’ you’re gonna leave them all in awe-e-e!

I finished the song and was brought back to reality that I just sang for my new, hot music teacher.

            He was staring at me, his mouth hanging open. Oh god! Was I that terrible?

            I felt my eyes prick with tears. I turned away from him so he couldn’t see and quickly started packing up my stuff.

            His hands were now on my shoulders and he turned me to face him. I looked down so I wouldn’t have to see his disgusted face. I felt his fingers wipe away my tears leaving little shocks where he touched.

            “You’re amazing, Rainah.” He whispered, catching me off guard. I looked up at him and I saw the blunt honesty in his eyes. He gave me a warm hug; it was comforting and safe despite the pain in my cuts and bruises. “Never let anyone tell you otherwise.” He whispered in my ear.

            The bell rung and we both sighed. I reluctantly pulled out of his embrace.

            “Where are you going to next?” he asked.

            I groaned “Gym.”

            “That’s interesting.” He muttered, looking amused.

            “What?”

            “You do know that I’m a music and gym teacher, right?”

            I groaned again and he just laughed at my reaction.

            We walked to the locker rooms and I went into the girls’ room. I quickly grabbed my clothes from my locker, said hi to Dani and ran to the bathroom stall to change. I could change in front of Dani but not any of these other girls.

            I put on a loose t-shirt and some shorts. This outfit made many of my cuts visible and a few smaller bruises. I knew my excuse if people asked questions, I fell down the stairs.

            I walked back to the lockers where Dani was waiting.

            “I hear the new teacher is smokin’ hot!” she exclaimed as we walked into the gym. I laughed, if she only knew.

            I saw him come out; he blew a whistle to get everyone to shut up. I jumped at the loud shrillness of it, he saw me and smirked.

            “Alright guys, listen up! I’m your gym teacher, Mr. Haynes. Today, we are going running, but tomorrow we start our swimming unit.”

            I knew the school had an indoor pool, but I never expected us to use it. I was scared shitless for two reasons. One, people would see my fat body and all the bruises. Two, I don’t know how to swim.

            Dani sensed my fear and grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently. I smiled at her gratefully.

            We all went outside, it was pouring rain. But he made us run in it anyway.

            The track was slick and after 5 minutes, we were all soaked. My clothes were sticking to my body, which I hated.

            I started to feel dizzy after the first lap. I had only had an apple today and 2 cups of water, which probably explains why. It was freezing out here but I kept running, much to Dani’s displeasure.

            Right after we hit the second lap, I slipped. I was so dizzy, I couldn’t get back up. I saw blood on the ground in the puddles. I was confused; I didn’t have cuts on my legs. But then I realized my knees took the impact of the fall. I was so cold.

            “Rainah! I’m going to get Mr. Haynes.” Dani yelled, she sounded panicked from the amount of blood.

            I knelt on the ground, too cold to move.

            “Rainah!” I heard Mr. Haynes shout my name. I looked up and saw him sprinting toward me. He stopped in front of me, he looked conflicted for a brief moment. Suddenly he picked me up and told everyone to get back to the gym.

            I tried to ignore the pain in my knees and my back for the bruises. Instead, I tried to focus on his warmth, his strong arms holding me and his intoxicating woodsy scent. I still felt the sparks from his touch.

            ‘I-I’m s-sorry-y M-Mr. Haynes.” I said, teeth still chattering. I wasn’t sure if he could even understand me.

            “Shh, its okay, Rainah. Try to get warm.” He soothed as he ran into the school. I don’t understand how he could even lift me, let alone carry me and run.

            He carried me through the halls and into the nurses’ office. She wrapped my knees and advised me to change clothes as soon as we got back.

            I insisted on attempting to walk back. Mr. Haynes just eyed me, watching for my swaying. I almost fell three times and by then, he decided to wrap his arm around my waist to help support me. I had no objections to that.

            I went to change in the locker room, class just dismissed so no one was here. Dani had checked in on me on her way out. I groaned when I realized I had to walk home in the rain.

            I left the locker room and felt some one grab my waist. I tensed.

            “Relax, it’s just me.” Mr. Haynes said chuckling.

            “Sorry.’ I murmured, blushing.

            “How do you normally get home?”

            “If I tell you, are you going to stalk me?”

            He pretended to think about it. “Probably.”

            I laughed quietly. “I walk.”

            “Then I’m driving you today.”

            “Is that a statement or a question?”

            “Statement.”

            “I figured.”

            He grinned and let go of me. My waist was now cold. We walked to the exit of the school to see it was still pouring. I groaned.

            We walked through the rain to his car. It was a red Jeep. He opened my door and lifted me again to help get me into the car. I said a quiet thank you. He got in and cranked the heat. I noticed then that my sweatshirt was drenched and my teeth were chattering.

            Before he started driving, he reached into the back seat and then threw whatever it was in my face. It was soft and it smelt like him. He gave me his jacket. I quickly put it on desperate to get warm.

            I gave him directions; he didn’t seem to like how my house was about a mile away from the school.

            I saw my dads’ car in the driveway. He was home again? Oh crap, Mom was home today! I swore under my breath.

            “Rainah?” Mr. Haynes called.

            “Mr. Haynes, thank you for everything today, but I need you to stop the car, let me out and leave.” I said in a fairly calm voice considering my situation.

            “Give me your cell number, then I’ll leave.” I gave him a puzzled look. “I need to make sure you’re alright.”

            I had so many questions but I needed to go. We quickly exchanged phones to get each other’s number. I only ever used my phone to talk to Mom and Dani.

            The second I had my phone back, I jumped out of the Jeep and hurried to the house. I came in to see my dad kicking my mom who was lying on the floor.

            I shoved my dad away from Mom and stood in between them. He looked back at me and I saw the rage I knew all too well.

            “Know your place, bitch!” he yelled at me as he slapped me. He glared at me. “You little slut! Whose jacket is that?”

            “No one’s!” I shouted, he punched me in the eye.

            And then I blacked out.

i kno its pretty fast paced but thats just my writing style. this was 7 pages on word and i have 49 written already so no worries. thanks for reading. give me feedback!

<3

tori

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 3 3
Kate was used to dealing with unfair consequences. Having a less than ideal home life and no one else to support her, she had learned to deal with th...
155 0 7
the more you read the more you'll find out P.s please vote and comment I am welcome to criticism or any helpful ideas if you are and editor or illus...
2.1K 228 25
Harmony Winters attempted suicide two years ago. She overdosed on her depression pills. It didn't work fast enough for her. She grabbed a knife and...
1.7K 117 23
May tried to ignore the world of hell around her. Her dad was an asshole, her mom always gave into him. May has friends, and a small social life...