Six Years [Leni Robredo x Rod...

By aminoassids

SIX YEARS - BOOK 1 President Rody Duterte and VP Leni Robredo agrees to pretend that they are together until... More

Prologue: The Agreement
Year 1: Yellow Rose
Year 1: One Petal Down
Year 1: Leni Meets Duterte Kids
Year 1: Digong meets Robredo Kids
Year 2: Her Boyfriend
Year 2: Can't Get Closer
Year 2: To Fall or to Not?
Year 2: Relationship Goals
Year 2: Intensifying Feelings
Year 2: Suyuin si Leni
Year 3: Happy Birthday Leni
Year 3: Christmas Eve (Explicit)
Year 3: Trapped, Caged and Barred
Year 3: No Other Options
Year 3: Against Her Will (Explicit)
Year 3: Where Kisses Lead To (Explicit)
Year 4: Is It a Happy Birthday?
Year 4: Scattered Beans
Year 4: Even More Messed Up
Year 4: I Can't Do this Alone
Year 5: Valentine's Party
Year 5: False Alarm
Year 5: Expecting Too Much
Year 5: Pasalamat ka Maganda ka
Year 5: Recurring Feelings
Year 5: In His Arms
Year 6: Bad Angle
Year 6: Save Me
Year 6: Am I Late?
Year 6: Can't Blame Love (Explicit)
Year 6: Bayan o Puso?
A Get Back to Reality

Year 1: First Dance

1.9K 44 35
By aminoassids

This is the fourth time Leni rejected Digong's invitation for a dinner. She did have valid reasons and excuses but it was just inevitable for Digong to feel a bit down about her. He courted several girls way back before and when they get to reject him for over two times, he just give up as he sees it as an indirect way of the girls to say I don't like you.

"Digong, anong balita?" Bong asked as he was eager to know if he was able to ask Leni to come with him on Dureza's birthday. "Kay Leni?" He followed.

"Ah? Ah." Digong replied. "Di ko pa natanong, malamang naman di yun pwede." He sounded so cynical. "Di niyo pa nga natatanong, hihindi agad? Tanong niyo muna." He cheered him up. "Sus, busy yon. Alam mo naman, minsan nga di ko masabi kung okay lang ba talaga sakanya yung agreement. Parang umiiwas nga siya, mas okay pa yata yung noon." Digong confided.

"Eh... try mo lang Digong. Baka naninibago lang." Bong countered and handed his phone. Digong sighed.

Leni was slouching at her chair in her office taking a break from her stressful work. She suddenly thought about Digong whom she rejected for so many times due to Bolet's cautions.

Sana man lang makabawi ako. Ilang beses ko na siya tinuturn down.

She spoke to herself as she gazed into the Ecuadorian rose that he gave her. She swiped her phone, she didn't have definite reason why, she just felt like she's expecting something she can't determine what.

Her phone rang startling her for a moment.

Digong calling...

It was probably what she was expecting for. She took a deep breath before she answered his call.

It was the third ring already, Digong felt like she won't be picking it up but surprisingly, she did on the fourth ring.

"Hello?" She answered.
"Hello? Hello ma'am?" Digong replied.
"Napatawag po kayo?"
"Ah, sorry, may ginagawa ka ba?" He replied. "Ay, wala po. Wala naman. Okay lang po. Ano po ba yon?" She answered.

"Oh, tanong ko lang sana mam kung pwede ka bukas ng gabi. I hope I could bring you with me sa birthday ni Dureza." He courageously invited but he already set himself for another rejection from her. "Parang date ba, mam. Kung okay lang naman." He followed, it took her a while before she replied.

Bong looked at him hopeful to witness him being accepted by Leni.

Digong's heart broke as she didn't express her response right away, "Okay lang mam kung may gagawin ka naman. I was just hoping—"

"Sige, sir." She interjects startling him largely. "Uy!" Bong exclaimed as he heard her over the loud speaker.

"Seryoso mam?" Digong replied. "Yes sir. Bukas diba? Pwede naman ako." She finally found a way to make it up to him. Bong felt even more anticipated.

"Yes mam. Bukas ng gabi mga 7PM. Sunduin kita sa office mo mam?" He asked. "Sige, sir. Hihintayin ko nalang kayo bukas." She replied. "Okay mam. Sige mam. See you." He bid before their conversation ended.

Digong looked at Bong with so much surprise in his face. "Oh diba! Pumayag si babe mo, Digong!" Bong couldn't feel more excited for them.

"Di ko inakala. Kala ko irereject ako ulit." He stated. "Sunduin ko siya bukas sa office niya bukas mga 6 siguro." He followed. "Sige, Digong. Nakakaexcite 'to." Bong replied.

Leni picked a nice dress in the morning, a dresss suitable for the day and for Dureza's birthday before she headed to her office. It may appear unusual to her but a part of her felt excited to go to an event as Digong's date, hence, another part of her felt anxious as Bolet still haven't expressed his complete approval about it. She informed him about, her, going to the party as Digong's date so that he won't have to hear it from the other people.

The time passed by, Leni fixed herself, Digong arrived at her office around six to fetch her.

"Digong," she uttered upon seeing him. A sudden bliss in her heart sprouted as she saw him. "Hi mam—"

She kissed his cheek as a greeting; it startled him in a snap. "Ah... okay ka na mam? Pwede na?" He stammered. "Sige po. Okay na po." She nodded and walked by his side to his van.

He assisted her as she entered the car.

My God, I'm holding her hand.

He's holding my hand.

It was bizarrely a big deal to them but they kept it to themselves.

"Mam, salamat pala sa pagpayag." Digong stated as their mobile began to run. She smiled at him.

She kept checking her phone waiting for Bolet's response as she wanted to have a peace of mind and enjoy the evening with Digong too but Bolet didn't reply at all.

"Mam?" Digong extended his hand to her as they arrived at the event. It was very gentleman of him. As Leni went down the car, she was somehow blinded by the media surrounding outside the vestibule. Digong made sure he instructed the PSGs well to keep them off them as they enter the place.

The door closed shut next to them separating them from the cameras. He looked at her and saw the anxiety on her face. "Okay ka lang mam?" He asked. "Ha? Oo naman." She forced a smile but deep inside, she worried that the media might have took photos of them together and Bolet might see it on the public TV.

They walked further and began to greet their friends and colleagues — greeted Dureza a happy birthday.

They began to eat their dinner through a buffet, Digong assisted Leni and made sure she gets to eat what she wants. "May green tea cupcakes doon, kakalagay lang." He informed her as he went back to the table from the buffet. "Talaga? Saan?" She sounded so hyped. "Gusto mo mam?" He asked. "Oo, saan ba?" She replied.

"Kuha nalang kita," he stood up and took a few for her so she won't have to walk back and forth in heels. "Thank you, sir. Nakakahiya naman." She uttered. "Sus, Leni. Di naman big deal yan. You're my date, I should be serving you." He retorted making her blush.

"Asus, ang sweet naman." Martin pointed out before he greeted them. "Hi!" They replied upon seeing him. "Hello!"

"Buti nakarating kayo?" He asked. "Eh..." Digong sustained, "Buti nadala mo si Leni?" He followed, she chuckled. "Ano na ba?" Martin teased.

"Martin, ikaw ha?" She interrupts. "Nililigawan ka na ba ni Digong?" He asked her. "Uy!" She exclaimed feeling a bit shy to Digong, he chuckled. "Tagal na, siya lang naman may ayaw." Digong joins. "Sobra naman!" Leni defends playfully. "Ano lang... taking things slowly. Grabe kayo saakin." She added.

After a while, Dureza and his wife occupied the dance floor for a happy dance followed by a slow one. Leni watched the couple dance sweetly, she couldn't help but smile — it was very sweet of them, they look so in love. As she watched them dance, Digong watched her smile. It was a view that he always loved to see, a view he wouldn't get tired to stare at.

After the song for Dureza and his wife ended, the host began inviting the guests to join the two on stage for some sweet dance. They all brought their partners on stage, Leni felt a bit conscious, Digong had a second thought about asking Leni for a dance as he didn't want to oblige her or make her feel uncomfortable at anyway possible.

Dureza laid an eye on Digong and Leni left behind sitting alone on a banquet table. "Bakit hindi sumayaw yung dalawa?" He asked Yasay. "Di ko nga alam diyan kay Digong, ayaw pa yayain." He replied. Dureza knew he has to make them dance but he also considered how Digong loses guts when it comes to Leni.

He whispered and instructed his host.

"Okay! May we call on our president..." The host took their attention amidst the dancing. Leni felt a bit bothered as she is about to be left behind on the table.

"... and his stunning date slash vice slash girl, Ms. Leni Robredo." The host continued slightly surprising the two. "Ha? Ako?" Leni whispered and looked at Digong but they were both clueless of why they were called.

"Our birthday celebrant wants you on the dance floor with them." The host stated.

Digong looked at Leni, "Mam?" He asked for her permission, she smiled. "Okay lang ba isayaw ka?" He asked. "Opo naman," she replied lightly. She strangled her hand on his arm as they walked to the dancefloor to join the couples.

They stood face to face, Digong took her hands and placed it on his shoulders. "Okay lang mam?" He asked for her permission before he held her waists, she nodded. The beginning appeared so awkward but it was inevitable for them not to find it so sweet and romantic.

Smile won't leave their lips as they danced with the symphony of the orchestra playing Love Me Like You Do.

"Mam, kung di ka comportable sabihin mo lang, we can sit." He stated. "Okay lang, sir. Okay lang." She made sure he won't feel like she's not enjoying the moment. He pursed his lips and gazed at her.

"You're very beautiful," He complimented making her blush. "Thank you, sir. Nakakahiya." She gushed slightly. "Sus, totoo naman." He chuckled and continued gazing at her, he looked back at him and smiled.

"Kunwari pang mga ayaw magsayaw!" Dureza interrupts the intimate moment as they moved closer to them. "Napakaganda ni Leni oh," His wife pointed out. "Kaya naman pala ang lakas ng tama nitong si Digong." She added, Leni giggled in flattery.

Leni couldn't explain what she was feeling as her hands draped on his shoulders and his hands cupped her waist so gently. Butterflies swarmed her stomach, her feet felt so light and her surroundings slowed down. It was so romantic. Little did she know that Digong felt the same way that very moment, he wished that it won't end.

She felt so intoxicated, she took a deep breath and crossed her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder bringing their bodies closer to each other.

"Salamat, sir." She uttered. "For bringing me here." She followed. "Basta ikaw mam." He replied next to her ears.

After a while, Leni moved her head causing them to exchange a sentimental stare that they barely noticed how their lips were just about an inch away from each other for quite a moment. Leni swallowed a lump on her throat as she looked at him in the eye. Their bodies froze like it was less than zero degrees, nothing seemed to matter than their presence.

But the music suddenly stopped causing a interruption to this intimate moment that they shared. They both looked at the sound system area.

The song just ended.

They looked at each other again awkwardly. "Uhm..." Leni uttered and smiled awkward at him. "Upo na tayo, sir?" She invited, "Ah, okay sige." He replied and walked by her side back to their seats.

Their friends smirked at them after seeing that moment. Leni pursed her lips to suppress her blushing smile.

Throughout the evening, Digong and Leni stole glances at each other, yet, they avoided talking about that sweet moment they just shared earlier to not make things awkward between them.

This evening together, this first date and this first dance they had appeared to be a turning point for them. Ever since this evening, they began to feel more comfortable with each other, they feared less to initiate an interaction and the beginning of affection sprouted.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 843 18
Find out what's next in the story of Bong Bong Marcos and Leni Robredo in Lead Me to Love 3. #letlovelead #bongleni #phpolitics
63.4K 1.4K 15
Congresswoman Leni Robredo and Senator Bongbong Marcos, who competed tightly during the vice presidential race in the Philippines, accidentally sleep...
15.3K 418 21
Bongbong Marcos x Leni Robredo Written in Taglish (Tagalog - English)
1.3K 75 8
Leonor, who's always been a mischievous daughter has never shared anyone anything until Ferdinand, her soon to be lover steps into her life.