Forgiving You (Dublin Sister...

By hayatkhan07

She was abandoned on her wedding day. The groom disappeared. There were accusations. Her honour was at sta... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 (edited)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (edited)
Valima Invitation
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Good news
Divorce in Islam
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Thank you
Plagiarism & unpublishing

Chapter 44

27.4K 1.9K 712
By hayatkhan07

Unedited chapter! It's not easy to write with a 3 week old baby Sarah :)

Content warning: Physical violence and strong language

Heart beat escalated.

Pulse quickened.

Breath shortened.

Eyes were seeing what mind was not ready to accept.

Adrenaline rushed through Salman's blood stream as he lunged at the assaulter. Grabbing Daud by the shoulder he hauled him away from Nawal. Blinded with rage, he attacked not caring of the consequences. He punched Daud's stomach uncountable times. Daud was numb unable to respond as he was being bashed. Nawal screamed, her body trembling like a leaf on an autumn breeze hanging from a tree branch. Her heart speeding as she saw her husband overpowering wrath. Salman pushed Daud hard and he fell backward on his desk. The back of his head banging on the mahogany surface of the desk. His head swirled, blood dripped down his nose and torn lip but a scornful smile spread across his face as he stumbled to stand up holding his head in his hands.

Like a mad man, Daud started laughing. Bellows of laughter echoed around them. Salman thought Daud had lost his senses now. But then blue eyes raised to black ones.

"What did I tell you? You may marry her but she will never be yours." Daud spat. His lips curled sardonically as he clumsily took a step closer to Salman, pointing at his chest, "Brother, you are not a man enough to satisfy her. She needs a real man."

Nawal's eyes widened and a sob left her lips. Why was he doing this?

Salman clenched his teeth and yanked at the collar of Daud's shirt collar, "You son of a bitch I will kill you."

There was no stopping now. A ferocious beast had been unleashed as Daud received one blow after another. Buttons popped, shirt fabric tore apart, blood dripped, bones broke but Daud's victorious smile remained on his lips.

Tears dripping down her cheeks, Nawal rushed to Salman, grasping his arm with quivering hands, "Please stop. Please." She cried.

Salman wasn't listening instead he pushed her away from him and she staggered back but she again stood up determined to stop Salman before he did some serious damage but she was too late.

The security officers of the building had been called by the secretary and were now holding back Salman with both his arms.

"Daud? Daud? We should call an ambulance," Mary, the secretary, hovered over Daud's limp body that was stretched on the office floor.

Daud clutched Mary's hand, "Help me sit up." he croaked.

Mary tightened her hold on Daud's hand and helped him sit up on the floor. He winced in pain but through the wetness of tears of pain and dripping blood, Daud saw as the men were hauling Salman out of the room.

"Salman ask your wife who has been giving her the comfort and love that she craved for? You are only good at snatching what is rightfully others. But you don't know how to take care of what is in your possession. You lost brother! You lost."

Daud's voice was loud and clear slashing hearts and eradicating any illusions. Nawal's heart further broke. She had been a fool to ever trust this man. With every step, she dreaded what will happen now? Will Salman believe her? Daud had sowed the seed of doubts in Salman's mind. How will she prove that he was lying? She glanced one last time at the man she thought she had loved. But all she felt was betrayed and misused. There she saw a lonely man lying in his misery in the pool of blood. He may have be smiling but his eyes were hollow and today's events cleared one thing to Nawal, he was heartless. Devoid of any affectionate feelings.

Biting her lower lip, she followed the men who were pushing Salman out. As she glanced at Salman's face, terror rose in her chest. His face had hardened and he looked deathly. In the lift, she quietly stood in the corner and when they were in the underground parking, she mutely followed the men.

"I know my way." Salman said in a very calm voice as he slipped in the driving seat of his car. The engine came to life and Nawal panicked that he would leave her here. She dashed to the front passenger door and hurriedly sat beside him. He didn't acknowledge her presence. She was scared. Very scared.

Minutes passed. Streets disappeared. They drove in silence. When they were nearing their home, she hesitantly touched Salman's arm. He flinched and his jaw tightened. The muscle on his temple spasm erratically. But not once he looked at her.

She said softly, "It's not what it seems. Don't believe him."

His hands on the steering wheel tightened. And after a long moment his voice obliterated any glimmer of hope in Nawal's heart, "If you know what is good for you, you will shut up."

Her eyes widened, she swallowed the emotions that were clogging her throat. "Please just listen to me."

Braking the car at the traffic light, he abruptly turned to her. For the first time, his eyes roved at her face and then his eyes lingered on her lips. That man had been kissing her. How many stolen kisses had they shared behind his back? His eyes slid down to where her hand rested on his arm. Hands that had touched Daud intimately. Fingers that had interlaced with Daud's. He couldn't stand her.

As their eyes met, he saw the tears but he wasn't a fool anymore to fall for them or believe their sincerity.

"Don't touch me."

Her hand slowly slid away from his arm. Her pleading eyes implored him.

But he turned back to the road as he drove forward. This woman for who he was ready to move heaven and earth had betrayed him and is the cruellest way ever – falling for his archenemy. He parked the car in the front yard. He was numb. He didn't know what to do. How to react? The past six months had been a joke. All the changes in her had been farce, mocking of his gullible trust on her.

Without a backward glance, he climbed out of the car and strode in the house. Nawal scurried behind him.

"Please just listen to me once." She wept.

He skidded two steps at a time and hastily moved to their room. In all his quick strides, he nearly collided into Seema. She frowned as she saw her son's wrathful demeanour. Her eyebrows rose when she saw Nawal following him with a tear-stained face.

As he entered their room, he banged the door on Nawal's face. Clearly indicating he didn't want her there. She pursed her lips hard, quieting her sob. She twisted the door knob but it was locked. Tears leaked her eyes as she leaned her forehead against the door.

"Please please. I beg you just once listen." She kept weeping.

Seema's frown deepened. What was going on?

****

"Are you sure about this, Susan?" Amal asked once more scanning at Susan's face.

Susan was at complete peace. For the first time in ages she was content. Her eyes roamed around the large hall of the women section of the masjid. "I am" she whispered.

She had been waiting for this moment for the last two years. Her only regret had been that it had taken her such a long time to make the decision and take the final plunging step.

Amal nodded slightly and then turned to the woman clad in black abbaya and long black hijab, "Sister Khadija, this is Susan she would like to revert to Islam."

Khadija was a Moroccan descent Muslim living in Dublin for the last twenty years and was one of the prominent Muslim female in the community who helped new female Muslims.

"Mashaa Allah." Khadija delighted, her kind eyes and soft voice was soothing, "Are you sure my dear?"

Susan nodded.

"Ok then repeat after me, Ash hadu alla ilaha illa Allah, wa ash hadu anna Mohammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu" Khadija slowly said the testifying of Islam.

Khadija smiled gently when Susan finally was able to say it all. It took several tries before Susan finally said it all. Then Khadija translated, "I testify and witness that there is no god worthy of being worshipped other than Allah and that Mohammad is His Messenger."

Indeed it was only Him worthy of worship. Susan's heart was at harmony. There were still many worries. She had no plans for future. She had very limited wages and she lived in a small studio flat with a growing boy. There were nights she had little food enough to feed only Yousuf. But these were all temporary world matters and worries. She smiled glancing at her son, now she could work hard in bringing up her son as a pious Muslim similar to the companions of the Prophet who were ready to do anything in the way of Islam.

But deep in her heart there was a small candle of hope burning that one day, they would unite with Yousuf's father. It was wishful thinking as in so many months not even once Daud had contacted them.

The love of Her Lord was enough for her. She was filling her days and nights in worshipping and learning of this new faith. She was eager to please her Lord and she will work hard.

****

Seema touched Nawal's shoulder, "What's the matter?"

Ashamed, Nawal turned around with her head bowed down, "Khala please tell him to hear me out. Please khala just once."

Seema nodded and knocked on the door. "Salman beta open the door."

There was a long silence. Nawal held her breath waiting for the worse. Seema was about to knock again when the door opened wide. Salman glared at Nawal making her cower behind Seema.

"Pack your things I will drop you at your parents' place." bit out Salman.

Seema scowled and Nawal vigorously shook her head, "No no please no."

"Salman be reasonable. This is her home. Whatever has happened you can resolve it under this roof." Seema reprimanded him.

His eyes met his mother's, "Ask her what she has done. Ask her Ammi. I don't want to see her dishonourable face anymore."

Nawal's lip quivered as tears dribbled down her cheeks. She didn't want Seema knowing what had transpired just few minutes ago. Her cheeks flamed in mortification. "Let's talk this over in the room." she desperately breathed.

"Why? You have disgraced yourself. Why are you shying away now? Ammi should know what you have been up to." Salman raised an eyebrow in a challenge.

"I am really sorry. What you saw is not what actually happened." Nawal tried to reason. Stepping closer and reaching out to him.

He hastily stepped back, "Don't give excuses Nawal. Enough is enough. Your charade is over. You disgust me."

"Salman!!!" Seema's voice raised, "This is not how you speak to your wife especially in her condition. Think of the baby."

His eyebrows furrowed, "Baby?" his eyes pierced through Nawal, "Whose baby is it?"

Blood drained out of Nawal's face. She had envisioned many scenes as to how Salman would react but never in her wild dreams she had thought he would ever doubt her.

Seema was alarmed as to what Salman had asked. She didn't know what had transpired between them but that one question had given away what the argument was about.

"How can you ask me that? You know whose baby it is." Nawal whispered.

"I don't want it." Salman vehemently stated, crashing Nawal's heart into countless pieces.

Muhammad had been standing in the hall listening to the conversation. He stood still as the revelation was voiced. Shaking his head, he stressed, "I had said never to trust her. You never believed me, did you?"

Seema eyes levelled with her husband's, "Don't come in between. I will handle this."

"Have it your way Seema. But remember I was right all along." Muhammad declared in an arrogant tone and then in annoyance, he left for downstairs.

Seema turned back to her son and gently said, "Salman this is a big allegation. My son don't say things you will regret."

Salman took a step back, "Ammi don't take her side all the time. You have turned into more of her Khala than my mother." Seema shook her head but Salman continued, "What do you expect me to believe when I found her in Daud's office in a passionate embrace."

Seema couldn't believe this. She had seen how much Nawal cared for Salman. There had been subtle changes in Nawal indicating she was becoming a responsible and above all faithful wife. Seema raked her brain to come up with some justification, "Maybe you are mistaken."

"No I'm not." He spun around to his bedroom and said over his shoulder, "Pack your things Nawal now."

Panic was rising. She couldn't leave for her parents place. Her mother would kill her. She had to make Salman believe somehow.

"He was following me around. He had some pictures of mine and ... and..." Nawal quickly spoke.

"Save this shit for someone else. Didn't you hear what I said."

"No I will not go. I want you to hear me. This wasn't my fault. It was a trap." Nawal desperately tried again to give her reasons.

Salman took a step closer to her, "I said get ready now."

She shook her head vigorously, "NO!!! This is my home."

"Not anymore."

"You can't kick me out." she stood her ground.

"You have no idea how I can." His lips twitched in a rueful smile as his eyes scanned every single feature on her face and then he said loudly, "Since the time I laid my eyes on you as my bride you have asked for only one wish. Today, I will grant you that wish."

Baffled, Nawal stared at Salman.

"Nawal Ahmed, I divorce you."

Seema gasped. He whirled around and stomped into the bedroom banging the door behind him.

Nawal's knees buckled, her being shivered, she fell and as her knees hit the ground, she saw her world crashing down in front of her.

------------------------------

Divorce is one of the biggest misconceptions in Islam... but it is important for us to understand what the sharia states... we will soon be seeing this.

I would like to thank everyone for their well wishes. I wasn't able to reply to anyone. Believe me I don't know where my time goes but I do read your comments.

Until next time,

Assalam u alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 8.6K 34
"You will not meet that man again" He warned her and try to control his anger. "Why should I listen you-" "Because you're my wife don't ever forget t...
303K 16.5K 29
~ Dill k kissay kahan nahi hotay Han wo sabse bayaan nahi hotay ~ ********* She is innocent. He is rude. She is shy. He is introvert. S...
53.2K 322 3
BOOK #1 OF "KHAN BROTHERS" SERIES "Get ready to fall in love with me Naaz." I said with determination both in my voice and mind. She scoffed at my...
23.7K 1.1K 12
" shut the fuck up, I dare you to touch her and it will be the death of you" yelled zahab, his amber eyes changed its color, he was known for his cal...