Vampires of Middle Earth

By LordoftheRing_fan13

AragornxLegolas Legolas goes to visit Gondor after the war is over, but things get a little out of hand. He... More

1. Arriving in Gondor
2. Problems with the sun
4. Reviling the secret
5. Compelled
6. Exposed
7. Confessing their love
8. Cold hearted
9. Different paths
10. Turning
11. Their new life

3. Vampire

772 41 7
By LordoftheRing_fan13

Legolas went outside as the sun began to set, and breathed in the fresh air for a minute. He knew people looked at him weird because of the cloak he wore earlier, but tried not to care.
Aragorn joined him, and they mounted their horses. Riding towards the forest, they began to talk.

"So, why was you so panicked about me opening the curtains Legolas?" Aragorn  finally asked and eyed his friend suspiciously.

"Oh.." Legolas said, remembering.
"I had a headache." He lied, hoping Aragorn would believe it.

Aragorn nodded, believing it.
"Are you alright now?"

"Yes." Legolas smiled and turned to look at Aragorn, riding closer to his horse.
"Lets talk about you now Aragorn. How have you been?"

"I have been alright Legolas." Aragorn said, but Legolas noticed the sad tone.
His expression turning concerned and he asked.

"What's wrong?"

Aragorn looked beside him at his friend, and smiled sadly.
"You always manage to look through me."

"Aye. Now tell me." Legolas said and quickly looked forward where they were riding, and back to his friend.

"Something is wrong, I can see it." Legolas pressed, and Aragorn finally signed.

"Love problems."

"Oh." Legolas blinked, surprised.

Aragorn noticed Legolas lack of words, and smiled.

"It's alright."

Legolas opened and closed his mouth a few times, before he gave up and looked ahead.

Aragorn had love problems?
In a way Legolas hoped it had something to do with him, but it would ruin Aragorn's and Arwen's marriage.
Maybe he meant that he and Arwén had a fight?

"So, what have you been doing?" Legolas finally asked to break the tension.

"Well..." Aragorn said and picked up the pace, Legolas following right beside him.

"Eowyn and me have become very good friends, aside all."

"That's great." Legolas smiled, which reflected on Aragorn's face.
"Eowyn is also a good friend of mine."

"I know."

Legolas looked forward again so they won't ride the wrong path.
He saw in the corner of his eye how Aragorn looked at him for a moment, before he also looked forward.

Legolas believed that a competition would set Aragorn on other thoughts, and began to gallop. Aragorn laughed and rode after his friend, and the competition began.

He laughed and stood in the saddle, riding even faster. He heard Aragorn chuckle before they had to slow the pace. The horse's needed to save energy for the ride back.

Soon Legolas realised which forest they was it, and drew in a deep breath. Now he could get proof.

Aragorn noticed it, and looked at Legolas in worry.
"What's wrong? Do you hear something?"

Without answering, or even showing that he heard him, Legolas galloped into the forest.

"Legolas!" Aragorn said, shocked, before he rode after, entering the forest. He tried to dodge branches, but a few hit him anyway. Legolas didn't seem to care. After a few minutes Legolas stopped and dismounted. Aragorn did the same, and walked forward to his friend.

"What's wrong?" Seeing that Legolas looked ahead Aragorn followed his gaze, and stared.

Guards of Mirkwood lay spread out, all blood on their necks. Arod lay further away.

Without saying anything Legolas slowly walked forward and kneeled down next to a blond elf.
Doing a blessing, he moved the hair and gasped. She had two holes in her neck. A vampire bite. Hearing Aragorn approach he quickly hid the bite behind her hair. As a healer Aragorn would quickly find it if he didn't.

"Legolas?" He said carefully and stopped behind his friend, not wanting to disturb his grief.

"I'm alright...just..." Legolas sighed. The loss of his guards was tough. He needed to get out of here now, but needed to do one more thing.

He walked over to Arod and kneeled down, gently laying a hand on his neck. He had no vampire bite, but someone had sliced his neck with a knife.
He blessed him, before he rose and turned to a worried Aragorn. He smiled to calm him, and walked over to the nervous horses.

"We should leave."

Aragorn, feeling happy to, followed his friend and gently patted his horse to calm him. Mounting, he rode out of the forest, Legolas right behind.

Though, before they would exit the forest a cloaked figure showed up totally unexpected. Aragorn panicked tried to stop his horse, making them both tumble to the ground.

"Aragorn!"

Legolas jumped off his horse in action and draw his bow, aiming at the cloaked figure.
Aragorn unsteady rose and stumbled to stand beside Legolas, blood was pouring out of a hole in his leg.
He didn't have his sword with him, so he was defends less. Brego quickly fled, leaving them with only one horse.

"Who are you?" Legolas asked and gripped his bow tight. This was the same person who stopped him he other day, but he wouldn't tell Aragorn that.

"What? Don't remember me?"

Aragorn looked at Legolas in confusion.
"You know him?"

"No he..." Legolas sighed.
"He killed my horse and my guards."

Aragorn eyes widen and the person laugh.

"Yes it was fun, and now I smell you're bleeding. But calm down, I'm not hung..."

Before he could finish Legolas shot an arrow, which pierced the persons chest.
Sighing in annoyance, the person pulled it out and trowed it back without a grimace of pain. You couldn't see any blood as the cloak was too dark.

Aragorn gaped and Legolas frowned. Legolas now knew this was a vampire.

"Heals wounds faster."

The person laugh, making Legolas and Aragorn cringe at the sound.

"Aragorn...leave." Legolas whispered through knitted teeth. He knew he wouldn't but he needed to try.

"No." Aragorn said, shocked Legolas would ask.

"Aragorn." Legolas said sterner.
"You can't defend yourself! Go."

"No." Aragorn said sterner.
"You can't kill him apparently! I don't know how but the arrow didn't seem to harm him."

"It's true." The person said, and smirked under the cloak.

Legolas felt a chill go down his spine.
Aragorn frowned.

"But I won't hurt you now. I leave Legolas to explain it all to you." You could hear the smirk more than see it. He turned around, and was gone in the blink of an eye.

Aragorn turned to Legolas, who lowered his bow hesitating.

"We should leave." Legolas said and mounted his horse. Aragorn looked around for Brego, to realise he had fled.

"Aragorn."

The man looked up, and saw Legolas sitting as much forward in the saddle as he could. He took a deep breath and mounted behind Legolas, and they began their ride home.

Aragorn tried to keep his breathing calm as he felt the horse's movements underneath him. His groin moved against Legolas and he forged himself to think of something else.

"Who was he?"

Legolas hesitated, before he signed.
"He was a very old elf. He had great healing ability."

Aragorn frowned and leaned to the side to see Legolas.

"I know you're lying. I grew up with elves."

Legolas bit his lip before he looked back at his friend.
"Just believe me Aragorn. I won't let anything happen to you."

Please vote and comment ;3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264 13 2
also published on ao3 (ishipjawnlock) -- "Do you think they'd believe me if I told them the Prince of Mirkwood drags me into the woods every night to...
64.1K 2.7K 18
AragornxLegolas a newer and more well written version is available on my profile!! it's called "a friendly trip 2". Aragorn and Legolas goes to expl...
30.8K 900 19
*COMPLETED* Elladan and Legolas are to be wed. Neither of them quite wants it, at first. Their fathers want to bring Rivendell and Mirkwood together...
1.2K 24 17
while Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Haldir are exploring on one of their last adventures outside of Gondor; as Aragorn had been crowned king, legolas...