The Werewolf Game

Door jardnaxela

Eleven friends played a popular game called 'Werewolf' in a library, instead of doing their essays. They got... Meer

Chapter 1: Let's Play
Chapter 2: Just a Game
Chapter 3: Hello
Chapter 4: Obsessed
Chapter 5: Murderous Game
Chapter 6: Accusations
Chapter 7: The Cards
Chapter 8: Vote
Chapter 9: The Plan
Chapter 10: The Reveal
Chapter 11: How We Did It

Chapter 12: Epilogue

2.3K 110 75
Door jardnaxela

3 Months Later

It's the day of report card distribution. The end of the semester. Which was the final day of first year. Josephine put on her t-shirt and jeans, and went to school. She's a bit nervous, she didn't want to disappoint herself if she got bad grades. But it's been so hard to focus on the lessons, because of the many students who died because of the werewolf game. She felt that she was the one to blame. She thought, if she did think straight, she wouldn't be caught up in this mess.

She looked through her class window, and saw Cella, Kelly, Ongky, and Yezki. Cella, Kelly, and Ongky were chatting on their seats and playing with their phones while Yezki was talking to the teacher about his report card.

Josephine walked in and greeted her friends.

Josephine: "Hey!"

The three looked up and saw Josephine. They smiled and greeted back.

Ongky: "Hey, Josephine."

Josephine: "What're you guys doing?"

Kelly: "Just chatting."

Cella: "And playing this dope game called Pewdiepie: Tuber Simulator."

Josephine: "Wait, is that Pewd's new game?"

Cella: "Yes! You play?"

Josephine: "Nah, just heard it from the media."

Cella: "You should play it. It's fun."

Josephine: "Hm. I'll check it out, then."

Kelly: "I thought you're a gamer?"

Cella: "Yeah, Josephine. You used to play games. Retired?"

Josephine laughed.

Josephine: "No. I just... don't feel like playing anymore."

Ongky: "Come on, Josephine. You could just have fun and let it go."

Cella: "We know you're worried about what the others would say. Just don't mind them people, okay? You're not wrong."

Kelly: "Yeah, Josephine. I'm sure they will all understand."

Josephine: "Well, thank you guys for comforting me."

They all smiled.

Ongky: "By the way, how's your arm?"

They looked at Josephine's stitched arm.

Josephine: "Oh. It's getting better, don't worry about it."

Yezki approached them and brought his report card.

Ongky: "How's the report, Mr. Smartypants?"

Yezki rolled his eyes.

Yezki: "Could you stop calling me that for one second, Ongky?"

They all laughed. Kelly got up from her seat to take her report card from her teacher.

Yezki: "It's not really bad, actually. I thought I could do better."

Cella: "Wow, he thought he could do better, he said."

Cella laughed.

Yezki: "Come on, guys. I'm not the smartest person on earth."

Just then, someone walked in.

It was Angel.

She took a seat far away from them.

Cella: "Look, is it just me, or is she ignoring us like we don't exist?"

Ongky: "Of course she's ignoring us. She's been doing it for months. Since it's all over, actually.

Josephine: "Guys, it's the last day of first year. Do you think I should go talk to her?"

Cella: "Hell, no! She's not worth it. It doesn't bother us, either."

Josephine: "Come on, Cella. I know she's upset. Maybe I could just go talk to her and make things clear."

Ongky: "You know what, guys? I think I agree with Josephine."

Josephine hesitated for a moment.

Josephine: "Okay, guys. Wish me luck."

Josephine got up from her seat and approached Angel.

Josephine: "Angel."

Angel looked up and saw Josephine. She ignored her.

Josephine: "Look, I'm sorry about what happened."

Angel: "Sorry? How could you be sorry? You just made things worse, Josephine. If you listened to me for a second and not side with Cella, it wouldn't have happened. Nadine wouldn't have died. And you wouldn't be in danger, either."

Josephine: "I know. I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking straight that time, but try to understand, Angel. I was in fear. What would you do if you were me?"

Angel: "If I were you, I would've thought straight and right about everything."

Josephine sighed.

Josephine: "I'm sorry, okay? I was a mess, you'll never think that the people you trust were actually your enemies, don't you?"

Angel went silent.

Angel: "Go away, Josephine. I don't wanna talk."

Josephine sighed and walked away.

Minutes passed, they got their report cards and went outside their class.

Josephine: "How will you guys go home?"

Cella: "Umm, actually I'll go home by Grab."

Ongky: "Me too."

Kelly: "I'll wait for my mom to pick me up."

Josephine: "Oh, okay."

Ongky: "What about you, Josephine?"

Josephine: "I walk home. And I reaaaally wanna go home right now because I'm TIRED."

They all laughed.

Cella: "Okay, Josephine. Byee!"

Josephine: "Bye, guys! Talk to me again sometime, okay? Oh, and I WILL install that pewdiepie game."

Josephine said with a smirk. They all laughed and said their goodbyes.

Josephine quickly went down the stairs. She rushed too quickly and she suddenly slipped and dropped her report card to the ground, all messy.

"Shit," she said.

She was about to bend over to take her report card and tidy it up, when she felt a presence of someone.

"Oh, no. Here, I'll help you." The girl said.

The girl bent down and tidied Josephine's report card.

"You don't have to, you know." Josephine said.

"No, it's okay. What's wrong with helping people?" She said with a smile.

Josephine giggled. A few moments later, Josephine's report card was already neat like before again.

"Thank you." Josephine said.

"You're welcome!" The girl said. She seemed nice, Josephine thought. Although she hadn't noticed her this whole time.

"I'm Maurent, by the way." The girl said, and went to shake Josephine's hand.

"Josephine." Josephine said, shaking Maurent's hand.

Maurent: "Oh, I know who you are. You're all over the news. You're one of the survivor of that werewolf game, aren't you?"

Josephine rolled her eyes playfully.

Josephine: "Wow. I must be very well known, then."

Josephine laughed.

Just then, they saw two girls coming out of their class. The shorter girl pulled the taller girl by the hand.

"Come onnnn, Sammm..! I wanna go homeee!" The shorter girl cried out.

"Just one second, Lauren! I'm about to take my report card!" The taller girl said.

"Oh my Gawwwd, why are you so slooow??" The shorter girl said.

Maurent noticed Josephine looked at them confused.

Maurent: "Believe it or not, they're my classmates."

Josephine: "Really? Wow, must be fun to be in your class."

Maurent laughed.

Maurent: "Her name's Lauren. You know it, right?"

Josephine shook her head.

Maurent: "Oh, okay. You'll figure it out about her. And the other girl is Sam."

Josephine: "Is Lauren always like that?"

Maurent: "Yeah, pretty much everytime. She actually used to be quiet but then over the past few months, she pretty much changed. I think it's a good thing, though. And trust me, she's nice."

Josephine smiled. Just then, she heard someone approaching them.

"Maurent! I've been looking for you everywhe-" she paused. "Oh, hello." She said to Josephine with a smile.

Maurent: "Oh, about time! Josephine, this is Ellen. Ellen, this is Josephine."

Ellen shook Josephine's hand.

Ellen: "It's nice meeting you."

Maurent: "Wow, you're a fan already?"

Josephine laughed.

Maurent: "Anyways, Josephine. Since Ellen here always goes home with me everytime, so now we're gonna go home."

Josephine: "Oh yeah, sure. It's fun talking to you."

Josephine nodded.

Maurent: "Okayy, see you later, Josephine!"

Ellen: "Bye, Josephine!"

Josephine: "Bye, guys!"

Josephine watched them go and walked to the opposite way and walked home.

Josephine's POV

Wow. I can't believe it's been 3 months since the game is over. I mean, it was all a blur. I have to admit, Tiffany and Ed was so smart at playing the game. But unfortunately, they died. Wait, did I say unfortunately? Is that a bad thing? Hmph. Well, I can't really decide if it's a bad thing or a good thing, because eventhough they're the killers, but they're my friends. I actually felt a bit lonely after they were gone.

Actually, over these 3 months, I can't get it out of my head. I can't stop thinking that all of this happened because of me. I don't really know why, but, they did want me the most, didn't they? Because the game was focusing on me if you look closely. And guess what? Angel doesn't wanna talk to me anymore. Or probably all of us. And I can't get rid of the fact that Angel was actually right about it. If I listened to her, this wouldn't have happened. Nadine would've been alive. But, it's what happened, right? Besides, Nadine's the Clown. She helped them through this. She was wrong, too.

I still can't believe that I actually liked Ed. I mean, he was caring and humble, but he turned out to be the killer. All of it was a lie. Could you even imagine? The guy you fell in love with turned out to be the person behind it all? That must've hurt. You're lucky you didn't get through it.

And all of that really made me think of a song lyric, you know? It's a popular song, but I forget the song title.

"You'll never know the psychopath sitting next to you."

"You'll never know the murderer sitting next to you."

"You'll think, 'How I'd get here, sitting next to you?'"

Trust me, it's a popular song. What's the title again? Ugh, just help me to find out.

And all I think was I don't even feel that I was beside the murderer this whole time. I was really blinded. So, to anyone out there who might have the same problem as me, try this.

You should be aware. You shouldn't trust anyone so easily, even your closest friends. Because based on my experience, my closest friends are the real killers. I don't know about you, though. But I'm warning you. They might be under your bed, watching you from the window, stalking you without you even know it, used your friends to get to you, and the worst of all...

They could be right behind you.

THE END

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

226 17 17
Nine students were held custody after the murder of their friend. They soon find out that the killer is one of them.. Will they identify who the kill...
226 60 11
A group of fifth-grade students played the popular game "Werewolf" instead of completing their assigned English essay, which led to their capture by...
112K 4.2K 33
Moon is the Black Wolf. She hid from her kind. What happens when she starts killing for fun and not only? Will everything change? Or will she fall fo...
94 2 19
I sat down next to her and cried on her. "Don't leave," was all I managed when I noticed she wasn't breathing. I didn't want to believe she just die...