Dance with Vampires

由 nj09sj

Marinette Dupain-Cheng becomes entangled in a conflict between vampires and demons at her school. Both sides... 更多

Prologue
Which character represents who?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 (part 1)
Chapter 9 (part 2)
Chapter 10 (part 1)
Chapter 10 (part 2)
Chapter 11 (part 1)
Chapter 11 (part 2)
Chapter 12 (part 1)
Chapter 12 (part 2)
Chapter 13 (part 1)
Chapter 13 (part 2)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (the final chapter)
New Story
Working on New Story
About my New Story - THE VAGABONDS
First chapter of "The Vagabonds" published

Chapter 3

3K 104 29
由 nj09sj

The next day

MARINETTE: Thank you for the hospitality, Adrien.

ADRIEN: Where are you both going?

ALYA: We're going back home. It's the weekends, and a friend of ours is coming back tonight.

ADRIEN: It still may not be safe to go out there.

MARINETTE: It's a risk I'm going to take. If it means finding my mom, and getting some answers, I'm willing to do it. (Leaves the front gate)

ADRIEN: Is she always this stubborn?

ALYA: You have no idea. Thank you for the hospitality, though. See you around. (leaves with Marinette)

After the girls leave, Adrien calls Nino to see if he found any leads.

ADRIEN: Nino, find anything yet?

NINO: Sorry, dude. There's still no word on where Marinette's mother or the forbidden grimoire is. I'll keep looking. Did Marinette or Alya give you any information?

ADRIEN: They didn't know anything at the moment. Marinette did tell me that her grandfather and father were also looking for the grimoire.

NINO: I guess that's something. Do you think we could ask her relatives if they know anything?

ADRIEN: I already asked them last night, but turns out both her grandfather and father are dead, so she doesn't know anything.

NINO: I see. Well, I have to go. Talk to you soon.

ADRIEN: See ya.

(Adrien hangs up)

In the streets

MARINETTE: So, are we still planning on going to Tikki and Renni's household, Alya?

ALYA: Yeah. I called my mom and told her where we were going, so we're in the clear. Let's go. Tikki and Renni's house isn't that far from where we are.

(Time skip)

Tikki and Renni's household

(Alya rings the doorbell, and Ms. Tikki opens the door)

MARINETTE: Hello. I'm...

(Tikki interrupts)

TIKKI: Marinette Dupain-Cheng, daughter of Sabine Cheng. And this is your best friend, Alya Césaire. Both of you are 10th graders that attend Collège Françoise Dupont, alongside, Adrien Agreste. And you both happen to be here in hopes that Renni and I help you learn to master your abilities ever since your mother was kidnapped. Am I correct?

(Marinette and Alya stare in shock for a moment before blinking.)

ALYA: Yes, that's all correct. So, can you and Ms. Renni help us?

TIKKI: I will have to talk with her about it, but you both are welcomed to stay in the living room while you wait.

MARINETTE: Thank you, Miss.

(Time skip)

(Renni and Tikki appear)

RENNI: We have decided to train you both. Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, you both will come here to train with us. Is that fine?

MARINETTE: That'll be all right. If something comes up and we won't be able to make it, we'll be sure to contact 1 of you.

TIKKI: That'll be great. Before you both leave, you both will be needing these.

(Tikki takes out 2 miniature boxes)

MARINETTE: What are they?

RENNI: Open them and see for yourself.

(Marinette and Alya open their boxes)

ALYA: I have a fox tail necklace and fox tail earrings to go with it. (places the jewelry on)

MARINETTE: I have earrings. But, their ladybugs. (places the jewelry on)

ALYA: What are these going to be for?

TIKKI: They'll not only represent your powers, but also help you when you're ready to transform.

MARINETTE: What do mean "transform"?

RENNI: That's for another time. For right now, I think you both still have places to be and homework to do.

MARINETTE: All right. Thank you, and see you Monday.

Pretty soon, Marinette and Alya made their way back home. All of a sudden, Marinette's cell phone rings.

MARINETTE: Hello?

ADRIEN: Marinette. It's Adrien.

MARINETTE: Adrien, can I help you?

ADRIEN: I received some information from the police about your mother.

MARINETTE: (gasps) What did you find out? Is she all right?!?

ADRIEN: I don't know yet, but they said that they tracked your mom's last known location using her phone's GPS.

MARINETTE: Where is she?

ADRIEN: In Nagano.

MARINETTE: Nagano?

ADRIEN: So, you're familiar with it?

MARINETTE: My grandfather's house is there.

ADRIEN: Interesting. I recall that you said he and your father studied mythology, which also included devils and us vampires. Am I correct?

MARINETTE: Yeah. His research materials might still be at his house.

ADRIEN: Meet me at my house, outside the front gate.

MARINETTE: Why?

ADRIEN: We should go there. There still might be a clue to your mother's whereabouts if we go there.

MARINETTE: I understand. See you at your house, then.

(Marinette hangs up)

ALYA: What was that about?

MARINETTE: Adrien thinks he's found something that may help us find my mother. I'm going to meet him at his house.

(Alya grabs Marinette's arm)

ALYA: Hold on. I'm coming with you. There's no way I'm letting you put yourself in danger without help.

MARINETTE: I'm won't be alone. Adrien will be coming with me. I'll be safe and careful. I promise.

ALYA: (sighs in defeat) All right, but be careful.

(Time skip)

Back in the 3rd library...

MAGE: (sighs in a frustrated and annoyed tone) Man, how come Adrien gets to go to Nagano with that chick? A real man would've gone alone.

URIE: If anything, Mage, Adrien took Marinette with him because she might end up being useful.

MAGE: (scoffs) More like he just took her with him, because the heir to the Agreste family gets to do whatever he wants.

SHIKI: Calm down, Mage. Besides, it's not like Adrien is the king. His father is a count, not a king.

URIE: When he gets his hands on the grimoire, he will be king. The grimoire is the only thing that can break the curse Lord Maksis placed on his throne before his death.

MAGE: (scoffs) Whatever.

(Time skip)

Adrien and Marinette arrive at her grandfather's house. When they go inside, they find the rooms messed up, like someone was looking for something.

ADRIEN: My best guess is that Lord Nesta's servants are still looking for the forbidden grimoire. Could it have been possible that you're grandfather kept it here?

MARINETTE: Maybe. I don't really know. He always did keep secrets, but he said that it was to protect me and mom. (Secretly, Marinette notices 2 books on ancient artifacts and legends)

ADRIEN: Is there any place that he may have put some of his more valuable possessions?

MARINETTE: I honestly have no clue. Even if he did, he would've told Mom about it.

ADRIEN: (Adrien noticed framed pictures on the wall). The redhead woman in this picture. Who is she?

MARINETTE: (Secretly, Marinette places the 2 books in her backpack) Oh. That's Aurore Kurtzberg. She's an old friend of my mom. They grew up together like sisters when Aurore's parents were killed in a car accident, and my grandfather took her in.

ADRIEN: Interesting. Do you think she might know anything about the grimoire?

MARINETTE: I wish we could ask her, but she died when I was about 2 years old.

ADRIEN: I'm sorry. Looks like there isn't much here that could help us. We should get going.

MARINETTE: Right. (Gets up)

Just then, there was smoke coming from the kitchen and 3 masked men appeared.

ADRIEN: Marinette, get out of here.

MARINETTE: I can help!

ADRIEN: You can help by not being in danger. I can handle them.

With that said, Marinette ran out of the house, while Adrien was fighting the masked men. Using his magic and the power given to him from his late mother, Adrien activated his ability to destroy anything he touched, and touched the masked men, destroying them.

Outside the house

Marinette waits with a worried expression on her face. Just then, she sees Adrien walking out alive & well.

MARINETTE: (runs up and hugs him) Adrien, thank goodness you're all right. I was so worried.

ADRIEN: It's fine. There's no need to get worried. We should call the fire department and get home.

(Time skip.)

Outside the school

Marinette wakes up from her nap, and looks out the window to see a familiar face.

MARINETTE: Nathaniel. (She opens the door and steps out.) Nathaniel, you're finally back!

NATHANIEL: It'll be ok, now. I'm home.

Adrien walks out the car. Nathaniel and Adrien end up starring at each other.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

4.4K 155 23
Adrien Agreste, rumoured royalty, just wants a normal life. But one night on the run he meets Marinette, a normal girl, with a normal life. Marinette...
95.1K 3.2K 49
Marinette Dupain Cheng, the famous fashion designer of Paris and the owner of the DC fashion company was fed up with her parents for constantly askin...
470K 8.9K 23
Marinette had never really had a love life. And when she did, she wasn't able to get the passion that really came with it. So she sometimes spends he...
73.6K 3.4K 45
Adrien is the most dangerous Russian mafia known in the world. Before his father died, he told him that he made a deal with his number one enemy, bos...