The Hunter Academy

Door Evelyn_Amor

Chase Archer is the daughter of two of the best Hunters in History, Leila Archer and Mason Archer, except she... Meer

~Çhapter Øne~
~Çhapter Twø~
~Çhapter Thręę~
~Çhapter Føur~
~Çhapter Fįvę~
~Çhapter Sęvęn~
~Çhapter Ęight~
~Çhapter Nįnę~
~Çhapter Tęn~
~Çhapter Ęlęvęn~
~Çhapter Twęlvę~
~Çhapter Thirtęęn~
~Çhapter Føurteeñ~
~Çhapter Fįftęęn~
~Çhapter Sįxtęęn~
~Çhapter Sęvęntęęn~
~Çhapter Ęightęęn~
~Çhapter Ninetęęn~
~Çhapter Twęnty~
~Çhapter Twęnty-Ønę~
~Çhapter Twęnty-Twø~
~Çhapter Twęnty-Thręę~
~Çhapter Twęnty-Føur~
~Çhapter Twęnty-Fivę~
~Çhapter Twęnty-Sįx~
~Çhapter Twęnty-Sęvęn~
~Çhapter Twęnty-Ęight~
~Çhapter Twęnty-Ninę~
~Çhapter Thįrty~
~Çhapter Thįrty-Ønę~
~Çhapter Thįrty-Twø~
~Çhapter Thįrty-Thręę~
~Çhapter Thįrty-Føur~
~Çhapter Thįrty-Fįve~
~Çhapter Thįrty-Sįx~
~Çhapter Thįrty-Sęvęn~
~Çhapter Thįrty-Ęight~
~Çhapter Thįrty-Nįnę~
~Çhapter Førty~
~Çhapter Førty-Ønę~
~Çhapter Førty-Twø~
~Çhapter Førty-Thręę~
~Çhapter Førty-Føur~
~Çhapter Førty-Fivę~
~Çhapter Førty-Sįx~
~Çhapter Førty-Sęvęn~
~Çhapter Førty-Ęight~
~Çhapter Førty-Nįnę~
~Çhapter Fįfty~
~Çhapter Fįfty-Ønę~
~Çhapter Fįfty-Twø~
~Çhapter Fįfty-Thręę~
~Çhapter Fįfty-Føur~
~Çhapter Fįfty-Fįvę~
~Çhapter Fįfty-Sįx~
~Çhapter Fįfty-Sęvęn~
~Çhapter Fįfty-Ęight~
~Çhapter Fįfty-Ninę~
~Çhapter Sįxty~
~Çhapter Sįxty-Ønę~
~Çhapter Sįxty-Twø~
~Çhapter Sįxty-Threę~
~Çhapter Sįxty-Føur~
~Çhapter Sįxty-Fįvę~
~Çhapter Sįxty-Sįx~
~Çhapter Sįxty-Sęvęn~
~Çhapter Sįxty-Eįght~
~Çhapter Sįxty-Nįnę~
~Çhapter Sęvęnty~
~Çhapter Sęvęnty-Ønę~
~Çhapter Sęvęnty-Twø~
~Çhapter Sęvęnty-Thręę~
~Çhapter Sęvęnty-Føur~
~Çhapter Sęvęnty-Fįve~
~Çhaptęr Sęvęnty-Sįx~

~Chapter Sįx~

24K 1K 180
Door Evelyn_Amor

I pulled myself out of bed and took a quick, and by quick I mean fifteen minute, shower. I walked into my wardrobe and blinked once, twice, in surprise.

All my clothes from home were in there and a lot more clothes. Does that mean if my parents walk into my room and look in the wardrobe then all my clothes will be gone or are these just new?

It hurt to think of the panic I'm causing my 'parents', I would do anything to stop their pain but right now I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. Behind the cream curtains that were drawn yesterday was floor to ceiling windows but there was also a glass door that lead to a balcony. I took a peek earlier and there was nothing but trees for miles around. I was in the middle of nowhere.

I sighed, life isn't fair. I picked out some clothes and pulled them on, getting nervous at how worn in they felt.

Yesterday Lucas told me that there was no uniform, and that the assassin outfit was what I would wear to missions but that's it, and I should wear something comfortable for school - something I could fight in. That's not a good sign. I changed into a tank top, comfy trousers and running trainers before walking out my room.

I knew the basic layout of the house but that was it really. My door was made thick wood so no one could eavesdrop but on the door was a golden name plate engraved with my name. There was a room opposite mine which was Lucas' and had his name engraved on it.

I walked past about twenty doors each with a different name before reaching the spiral staircase. My feet padded gently against the wooden stairs as I walked down them. I sauntered into a living room where Lucas sat watching TV.

The living room had deep red walls with the bottoms and tops decorated with gold while the floor was mahogany wood. There was another fireplace surrounded by comfy chairs and tables where you could do group homework but there were also sofas and chairs next to the TV as well as a pool, foosball and stick hockey table.

Lucas turned around as I walked in and smiled. "Morning," he said.

"Morning. Do you know where the kitchen is?" I asked and Lucas paused the TV before standing up.

"Yeah follow me," he said while walking away to an arched doorway.

It was so obvious I almost face-palmed when I saw it. I quickly scurried after him leading me to a massive kitchen. I went over to the fridge and opened it to see it stocked to the brim wth food.

"They usually serve breakfast but you can always wake up late and just eat breakfast in your respective house," Lucas explained.

"Cool. What'd you want for breakfast?" I asked and he seemed taken back for a second.

"What were you going to make?"

"Well I was going to make grilled cheese," I said and he smiled.

"I'll have that then."

"Kay you can go back to watching whatever you were watching," I told him as I gathered everything I needed.

Cooking and baking were things that comforted me because you'll always cook things the same way, it's just something familiar I can do through all this craziness, plus I was used to making my own breakfast before school.

I handed Lucas a plate of grilled cheese, he replied with a simple, thanks, he seemed completely enrapt with whatever he was watching. He absentmindedly took a bite and his head snapped up to me, I feared I did something wrong for a moment before his face broke out into a grin and he scoffed down the rest of it. I bit into mine and hummed my satisfaction before eating the rest.

"Where'd you learn to cook like that," Lucas asked.

"Well my mum and dad-"I froze and clenched my eyes with a grimace.

Lucas seemed to understand my train of thought because he engulfed me in a hug but he was quite a bit taller than me and his chin rested on my head.

"You do know it's okay to be upset sometimes," he whispered when he heard my sniffle.

I laughed. I found it funny that this boy, who was a Hunter who would travel the world and kill supernatural creatures, was telling me it was okay to cry. Something about that just seemed funny to me.

"Why are you laughing?" He frowned."Or are you choking on something?" He joked and I laughed.

Just then the entrance of the house opened and Charlotte stepped in. She took one look at us before turning on her heels and storming out. Lucas sighed and pulled away from the hug but slipped his hand into mine.

"God Charlotte needs to grow up," he muttered and I couldn't help but agree.

"Is your relationship with Charlotte usually this rocky?" I asked and Lucas shook his head sadly.

"Sure we bickered like usual siblings but when we discovered the rings and Charlotte realised she'd been put in the Siren house, let's just say she wasn't happy, especially when she discovered I was in the Dragon house. Both of our parents were in the Dragon house too so she wasn't exactly happy."

I squeezed his hand and he smiled.

"I want to show you something," he said before leading me further into the house.

"Where are we going?" I asked suddenly nervous, cut me some slack, I've known this guy for what? A day? And now he's leading me to what I presume is the basement of this house that I don't know the lay out of. What if he's an axe murdered or something and he kills me in the basement before hiding the body?

"What do you still not trust me?" He said lightly but I could hear the slight hurt in his voice.

"Well-" I said but he interrupted.

"Don't worry I'm not taking you to the basement to kill you and hide the body," he said, literally reading my thoughts.

"How did you-" he cut me off my tapping his temple and I stared open mouthed at him while he smiled a cute boyish smile that showed his blatant amusement.

"You're a Telepath!" I shouted, my voice echoing through the underground tunnel, and his smile managed to grow before petting my head.

"Well done young grasshopper," he said before I swatted his hand away.

"B-but that means-"

"Every embarrassing thought, I've heard it," he said and winked at me, making me blush, before looking away.

He laughed and my head snapped up.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"I was joking. I respect people's privacy and I taught myself to turn it off so everyone's thoughts aren't drowning me. I'm guessing by your shocked tone of voice and facial expression yourtnot a telepath," he guessed and I shook my head.

"So you haven't been reading my mind?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Except the axe murderer thing because I was wondering why you still don't trust me and you're right: I am leading you somewhere you're not familiar with, there's no one else in the house and all that stuff, I would tell you where I'm leading you but that's a surprise."

"I don't like surprises," I muttered but he heard it and chuckled.

"Don't worry if you don't like it you can punch me, promise," he said and I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll probably just punch you anyway," I said honestly.

"Then I take back my promise," he tugged on my hand as we reached a crossroad."This way."

"So I see your sister doesn't like me?" I said trying to make conversation, I don't think this was the smartest topic to choose.

Lucas sighed."I think if she gave you a chance she would but I don't know why she just doesn't want to."

"It's because we're too similar," I said and Lucas laughed.

"Similar, you and my sister doesn't mix."

"Yeah but hear me out here, I was cheer captain at my old school, I didn't have a very active social life even though I could've, I take my studies seriously but I take my family even more seriously, I have one best friend who is my one true friend and it doesn't matter how rocky my relationship with my sister was, if a boy played with her heartstrings or of a girl was picking on her they better pray to whatever God they believe in because they'll have to deal with me, I don't like being a leader but if I have to I will be," I stared up at him." I bet your sisters the same, maybe not exactly, but I bet you see similarities now that I've listed them."

"Yeah I do," he whispered as if he didn't want me to hear him but I did.

We walked for a couple minutes in a half awkward half comfortable silence before we reached a massive stone archway.

I looked through the archway and gasped."A library!" I shouted as I stared at the shelves upon shelves of books.

"Yep, you said you'd need help to graduate and this is probably the best place to meet your new tutor. This library is under the ground and between all the four houses exactly."

"We're starting now?" I asked looking at him.

"You're starting now. I said I'd get you a tutor and I happen to have a genius for a best friend," he said.

He said as he led me into the library through a maze of shelves.

"How long have you know him?" I asked.

"Well I've known him all my life really. Hunters have little... settlements all over the place and Zac lives next door to me so, naturally, we became best friends," Lucas explained.

We carried on walking until reached an space where the book shelves made a semi-circle and the shelves went right up to the wall. There was an alcove in the wall and a table in front, there was a boy sitting on a chair that was the wrong way round, he was looking in a mirror and messing with his hair.

He had golden blonde hair that was messy in a gorgeous way but he kept messing with it and when he was satisfied he put down the mirror and saw us.

"Hey Luky, this the chic who needs tutoring? He asked and eyed me up and down.

Lucas steered me over to the table."Yeah this is Chase. Chase meet Zachary Night, he'll be tutoring you."

"Hey Chase," he said with a lop sided grin on his face, his blue eyes twinkling with mischief. "What do you need tutoring in?"

I pulled up a chair and sat opposite him. "Uhh... everything?" I half asked, half answered, and looked at Lucas who walked over to Zachary and whispered some stuff in his ear.

I didn't catch much of it except, humans? That's awesome, and, she'll need help. Lucas pulled away.

"Zac'll take you back I've gotta help my mum and dad prep the feast. Bye," he said and turned away before disappearing behind the rows of shelves.

"Right, you're Chase, nickname to be decided, what's your last name?"

"Archer," I answered and Zachary clapped his hands before pointing at me, giving me a glimpse of his ring, a Phoenix.

"Nickname decided, Archer."

"My nicknames going to be my last name?" I asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Of course do you know the power your last name holds? We'll be ruling the school together Archer all because of your last name," he said and I laughed.

"Yeah the girl who needs the tutor. Alright then," I said and he looked at me.

"I'm serious but we'll get back to my plans of ruling the school, with you by my side obviously, but right now let's get some stuff going. You'll call me Zac since Zachary is long and just annoying to say," he said before getting up and walking over to me. "We'll need books to start, let's go."

He dragged me from shelf to shelf and pulled off a few books at a time. He had quite a muscular build, square shoulders, broad chest and arms, he was also taller then me by a head. He pushed half the books into my arms and I almost dropped them in shock.

My super strength seemed to be on and off. Where is it when you need it?

"I can help you with those if you want," he stated, eyeing the books and my arms that were starting to shake under the weight of them.

"Nah it's cool I got it," let me just say that was extremely brave of me since the books were heavy. Imagine those massive dictionaries and times that by ten and you've got what I was carrying.

As soon as we reached the table I dropped the books on there, my arms feeling like they were going to drop off.

"So why are you at school earlier then everyone else?" I asked and Zac snorted.

"My parents wanted to get rid of me as quickly as possible," he said with a small chuckle.

"Oh," I said because really how are you supposed to respond to that?

Breaking the awkwardness Zac said."We'll start with the different creatures," he said and pointed to one of the books, the heaviest one at that.

"How many are there?" I asked eyeing the book wearily but Zac just shrugged

"More are discovered everyday," he said nonchalantly.

"Great," I muttered sarcastically.

"Come on I'll help you," he said and dragged his chair round the table and plopped down next to me.

When I say, next to me, I actually mean right next to me, he was so close I could feel his breath on my neck, I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing, I feared he was so close he would be able to hear my heart hammering away in my chest.

I cleared my throat and opened the book seeing the first page."Lycans," I whispered and Zac threw his arm over my shoulder.

"We can skip this page if you want Archer," he whispered gently in my ear.

It's like everyone knew what happened to my biological parents... oh wait, they do. I could imagine the pitying glances and I hated it. I never like pity. I didn't like people who give me their pity because it made me feel weak and I hated feeling weak more then anything.

I shook my head."No it's fine. I'm fine."

Zac stared at me for a moment as if trying to determine if I was really okay."You know I can track your emotions, right?" I groaned and slammed my head against the table making Zac laugh.

"You can track emotions-"

"It's called empathy, I'm an Empath."

"Right and Lucas can read my mind. Where is my privacy?" I complained.

"Don't worry Lucas can't read your mind without permission, well he can but he prefers not to, me on the other hand well I'm not as much of a gentleman as Lucas so you'll have to deal with me."

"Great," I muttered and Zac laughed.

"Don't worry Archer I won't tell anyone you have a massive crush on me," he said and I groaned.

"I don't have a crush on you."

"Well your emotions say otherwise."

I smirked to myself slightly and remembered every detail of the conversation I'd had with Lucas and Victoria before mashing all the emotions, anger, sadness, heartbreak, etc.

It must've been strong because Zac fell right off his chair and screamed in anger and outrage, cried and laughed at the same time before crying some more, he scowled and laughed coldly.

It probably shouldn't have been but it was funny. Very funny. I kind of wish I had a camera but I didn't so instead I laughed.

That must've been enough because Zac stopped acting like teenage fan girl who's favourite character died in a book. Zac sniffled and stood up.

"Man that was intense," he said and looked at me. "I'm surprised you haven't exploded with all those emotions." I just shrugged."Anyway we will never speak of this," he said and I smiled.

"I don't know, I think people would be very interested in-" I was cut off and Zac tackled me to the floor and pinned my hands by my head.

I was a black belt in martial arts but never had I learnt how to deal with a boy twice your size that looks like he works out everyday. My legs lashed out but he pinned my legs down after they almost kicked him off.

Then he started to tickle me.

I started laughing and tears streamed down my face, my lungs burning b

"P-please stop," I begged but he kept going.

"Say you promise not to tell anyone."

"I promise not to tell anyone," I said between laughs.

"Now say I'm the most gorgeous person you've ever met."

"You're the most gorgeous person I've ever met," I had refused to say it at first but I said after my lungs started to burn.

"With the best hair."

"With the best hair," I repeated and the tickling stopped letting me sit up.

I evened out my breathing and saw Zac just sitting there. staring at me.

Without warning I launched myself at him and managed to pin him down. He looked up at me with curiosity shining in his eyes.

I started tickling him and he wiggled under me as he started to laugh loudly. He thrashed under me as he started begging me to stop but I kept going.

"Say you're sorry," I commanded.

"I'm sorry now please stop," he begged and I stopped tickling him, I rolled off him and landed in the floor next to him. We both struggled to catch our breaths as we stared at the ceiling.

"We should probably actually do some work," I said and Zac nodded.

"Yeah," Zac replied before standing up and pulling me with him.

I fell down into my chair and read through the books while Zac asked questions on the creatures I'd read about.

He was a fun guy to mess around with but he was smart, smarter then people probably gave him credit for, I could see girls lusting after him for his good looks.

I was used to seeing people differently to others and I didn't see Zac or Lucas as hot guys I could seduce but cool and funny guys I could just have fun with, people I could be friends with.

"Friends?" Zac asked as if sensing my thoughts, or emotions actually.

I looked up at him and smiled."Yeah."

Maybe this place isn't as bad as I thought.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

2.2K 120 37
Welcome to Solasta Academy, the most prestigious school for the young supernatural in the world. Be careful what you wish for...death is always aroun...
248K 20.6K 62
Expelled from her old school for a crime she didn't commit, Ivy must gain the trust of the High Pack at Ridgeview Academy to stop her new home from g...
169K 7.8K 31
"Tell me something real about you. Like, where are your parents? Do you have any siblings? Give me something that shows me who the real Kaia Jones is...
95.7K 3.9K 26
There was only one thing that every kid lived for on their sixteenth birthday. It wasn't parties or celebrations but a test. Julie's government is ru...