Stay with Me #Wattys2017

By whiteflags330

The girl is Eliza Kelman, she's a music producer in Los Angeles and takes pride in her job. She loves to part... More

Prolouge//Cover Cred
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Spin Offs

24

11 1 0
By whiteflags330

I woke with a killer hangover and called Donnie. I said wouldn't be in work today and he told me to suck it up. To come in whenever, if he had to go in, then so did I. I keep forgetting that we co own it now. I can't just use my dad as a way to slack off. I got out of bed and changed into blue jean shorts that has a retro 90s design on it, a light pink Guns N Roses shirt, black Doc Martens, red velvet chocker and skeleton hand earrings.

I walked into the kitchen. Haynes already made breakfast. I looked for him and then saw Chloe, Lewis, Gracie and Haynes all passed out in the room. Papers and a lot of other stuff all over the place. I walked over and saw that all that stuff laying around were details for the funeral. The four stayed up all night helping out with the funeral. I looked at a checklist and saw just about everything that I needed on the list. I smiled and went back into the kitchen. I made myself a cup of coffee and got myself some waffles.

I went back into my room and opened my laptop. I was just scrolling through tumblr and online shopping. My plan was to buy some new stuff for the funeral. I figured that I should buy something nice for myself. My dad would want me to go all out in my funeral outfit. As I was searching the web, Chloe walked in. She was wearing a Pickachu crop top, dark blue skinny jeans and pink shoes. She sat on my bed next to me.

"What'cha doing?" She questioned.

"Shopping." I replied.

"How are you doing?"

I turned to her, "Thanks for helping out."

She smiled, "You know I would so much for you. By the way, Haynes is up. You guys have a lunch date soon."

"We're having lunch with my brother," I replied, "I have a brother."

She nodded, "Do you want us all to go with?"

I shook my head, "It would be too much."

Chloe hugged me, "Once this is all better, you'll go back to your normal self."

I looked at her, trying to seem normal, "What if I don't remember who I was. Like brain re wrote my story."

"Then you'll find the new you."

"What if I want the old me."

"This might sound harsh, but you grip onto your old self."

"I know. I'm going to go out now. Might as well just get this over with."

She smiled and got up with me. We walked into the kitchen where Lewis, Gracie and Haynes were. Lewis was wearing dark blue jeans with a green TMNT t-shirt and grey shoes. Gracie was wearing black and white stripped skinny jeans, a long sleeve Tom Hilfiger sweater and maroon leather Dr. Martons. Haynes was wearing black jeans with a dark blue button down shirt, black converse, a black ring necklace and a bright red watch.

"Ready?" I asked looking at Haynes.

He nodded.

"Just lock up when you guys are done here." I said to Lewis.

Haynes and I left. I was driving this time and I drove off to see Andy for lunch. We were meeting up at a diner. I'm so nervous and excited and confused all at the same time. I hope seeing Andy for lunch will clear things up. Eventually we got to the diner and walked in. We saw Andy sitting in a booth waiting for us. He saw me and waved. Haynes and I walked over. Andy was wearing tan pants white a blue and black plaid button down shirt and grey shoes.

"Nice to see you again." He smiled a little.

"Yeah, same." I added.

We sat down. A waitress came over and took our order. She left.

"So, tell me more about yourself." He said.

"24 years old, co owner of a studio, dating this kid and that's about it."

"Cool. You seem to have a great life."

"If you count planning dad's funeral most of the time a great life, then you're right." I replied.

"I could help out." He offered.

"That would be great. What's your life like?"

"Well, I'm married and have 2 teenage kids, twins."

"That's wonderful."

"Wanna meet them after this? I'm sure they would love to meet their aunt."

I smiled, "I would love that."

Our food arrived.

"So, how long have you two been together?"

We bother shrugged.

"So, a long time." Andy smiled.

We nodded. We all ate and then left to Andy's house. We went inside. He said to make ourselves comfortable and he'd been out with drinks. I looked at Haynes and just looked at me back. We both smiled, this so far wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm not nervous anymore. Andy walked back out with some water.

"So, did you know about me?" I asked.

He nodded, "Dad told me when we found me."

"He was looking for you?"

"Wanted to know what I grew up to be. He helped me get through law school. He said that he wished I never left."

"Do you know what happened between mom and dad?"

"They had a falling out. I was old enough to hear them, but not old enough to understand."

"You have no idea what it was about."

"Mom won't tell and dad never would."

"Who is my mom?"

"Her name's Stacy, not much else I can say about her. The last memories that I have with her was when I was in middle school. She abandoned me after that. Was homeless for a bit, dropped out of school. Then I met my wife, Jessica, she was kind of in the same situation as me. We helped each other then eventually went back to school and got married. She was pregnant with our twins before we got married."

"You don't know where our mom is now?"

He shook his head, "I'll be honest, I don't think I want to get to know her."

The front door opened and it was his kids and wife. They walked into the living room, confused. Wondering who the 2 strangers were in their house. Jessica just looked at Andy. Jessica was wearing a black pleaded skirt with a grey Peter Pan collar long sleeve shirt, black flats and silver flower earrings. She's tall with long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. The first kid was a girl, she also has bright blue eyes and long blonde hair. She was wearing tan skinny jeans, a grey Mickey Mouse muscle tank and pink shoes. The second was a boy, he has dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. He was wearing dark blue jeans with a white v-neck t-shirt and a black beanie.

I decided to get up and introduce myself. I walked over to them with a smile, "I'm Eliza Kelman, I'm your husband's sister."

"I'm Jessica, his wife and these are the twins, Jones and Ashley." She shook my hand.

It was awkward for a few minutes. Haynes finally said something.

"I'm Eliza's boyfriend. Nice to meet you." He smiled.

"You were my doctor when I broke my arm from skateboarding." Jones said.

Haynes looked at Jones and then smiled a little, "That must've like 6 years ago."

He shrugged, "You still a doctor?"

He shook his head, "I quit a while ago. Now I just do art."

"So, you don't get money?" Ashley asked.

"If you're asking if I have a job, then no."

I looked at him. I already knew that he was jobless, but I think he forgot that he was keeping a secret from me. He looked at me with a guilty look. We were going to talk about that later. We all sat down in the living room.

"You're my aunt?" Ashley asked.

I nodded.

"You owe me about 15 birthday and Christmas gift."

"I could take the both of you out shopping one day." I added.

The twins smiled, "Sweet." They said at the same time.

"Try not to spoil them." Jessica looked at me.

"Don't worry, we'll be shopping at Goodwill or clearance in the mall."

"You guys want to stay for dinner?" Jessica questioned.

"I gotta get to work." I replied.

"Where do you work?"

"A studio. I'm currently working with a band. Actually my boyfriend's brother and sister's band."

"Well, your invited any time for dinner, just give us a call." Andy smiled.

Haynes and I got up, we walked outside and Andy followed.

"Just text me anything you need for the funeral." He said.

I smiled and we hugged. Haynes and I left. We were driving to the studio.

"You have so many new family members. How do you feel about that?" Haynes questioned.

I shrugged, "It feels weird. This whole time I thought I was an only child."

"He's also way older than you."

I nodded, "I actually don't have to be in work for at least another hour."

"Why'd we leave then?"

"I'm still trying to process everything. I got too much on my plate right now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 59.6K 46
One night Two people Three incredible moments But no amount is as big as the mess we're in now... ...
259K 10.5K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...
27.6K 1.7K 17
Onika loves to write. It's her passion, but she's a bit of a hopeless romantic. She wants to love, and do what she loves, but everything seems a litt...
48.6K 2.2K 26
Looking for a respectful, social and kind flatmate who is responsible about rent and bills, we also can carpool sometimes to the office (we're going...