Twice The Luck

By Darla_Gene

Jasmine Johnson(JJ) isn't just any old wolf, she's an Alpha. And a great one. Because of her horrible up bri... More

Aye...Read This
Chapter 1: Hi. My Names JJ
Chapter 2: Mates Be Gone
Chapter 3: Best Place On Earth
Chapter 4: Enjoying The Last Few Days On Earth
Chapter 6: Pranked
Chapter 7: My Crazy Family And More
Chapter 8: This Is My Life
Chapter 9: Pack Night..Fun Night?
Chapter 10: Bathtubs And Sleepy Girls
Chapter 11: The Truth Comes Out
My Secret Wedding
Part Of The Family
Pack Training
Girl Talk
Family Friend or Family Foe?
Claire
Welcome Back
Breakfast And Plans...
Thinking...
Someone's In Trouble
He's Not My Father
Just The Beginning

Chapter 5: Chemo Is Practically My LIfe

17.6K 501 76
By Darla_Gene

When we make it back to the Main House all of the boys are there. We walk into the huge living room/ Dinning room and all of the boys are sitting on our long, brown couches. We have two TVs in the living room. A couple of boys are playing video games on one TV, and the rest are watching a football game on the other.

I walk over to my special spot and sit down. No one else gets to sit here. Tate is sitting right next to me. Kayla finds her spot next to Derek (More like in his lap).

I pull my bag up onto my lap and start to get set up. I look up and Tate is watching me. "Did you get everything set for Rachel?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say and pull out the IV bag of Chemo and hook it on the lamp above me. Derek comes over to me and lays my blankets on me.

"Do you want my help?"

"No, I think I got it. But I need it to be quiet for like two minutes, to put it in."

"Ok," he says to me and then turns to Cole, Sam, and Alex "Hey, guys go play that down stairs!"

They look at him and say "Why?"

Before Derek can respond I say "Because I said so, and because I am the Alpha. If you don't want to be working guards over night when I take over, I suggest you go down stairs!"

"Yes, Alpha." They say and then shut off their game and go downstairs. Tate and Hayden look at me with awe.

"Hot," they say at the same time. I just smirk as I work.

"Hello! That is my sister your talking about!" Derek says and he retakes his place next to Kayla.

"Hey, you are lucky! I have to listen all about your sex life with Kayla! I don't say a word," I say and Kayla and Derek start to blush. "Hey, can someone get my laptop?" I ask and Kayla hops up to get it. She comes back with my light blue, apple laptop. "You can just give it to Tate," I tell her and she hands it to him.

I get the needle all ready. Once it is ready to go in my arm, I grab my band and tie it around my upper arm. I look up and everyone is watching.

"I don't know why your watching! Kayla and Derek, you have seen this so many times!" I say and then look at the twins. I smile at them and they smile back.

"Sorry we can look away if you are uncomfortable," Hayden says.

"No, it's fine."

"Is there any way we can make you more comfortable?" Tate asks.

"I think I am good, all I need is my phone, my blankets, my book, my computer, and music."

"How long is this going to take?" Hayden asks.

"It takes about an hour to go in, but I have to sleep for two hours after that, some times longer."

"Oh, that sucks." Tate says.

"Eh, I am use to it." I flick my arm to find a vein, once I do I look back at the boys. "You ready?" they shake their heads 'yes' "Ok, Tate once I get the needle in, I need you to take the band off. Ok?" he shakes his head in understanding. "Now, Hayden come here." he comes and sits on the ground beside me. "I need you to hand me some tape, we I say so. Ok?"

"Ok," he says.

I put the needle up to the vein and push it in. "Tate," I say and he takes the band off. Then I say "Hayden," and he hands me some tape and I put tape on the needle to keep it in place. I watch the IV tube fill up with the Chemo, and go into my arm.

"See! It's done!"

"Cool!" Hayden says. I lean back into my pillow and relax. Hayden goes back to sitting where he was.

"Can I have my computer?" I ask Tate. He hands it to me, and open it.

I log on and start to do my schoolwork. Tate, Hayden, and Derek go back to watching the game. Kayla is on her phone.

I am deep in my homework, when my phone rings. I pick it up and look at it. Lucas

Lucas is my twin, I just realized that I am a twin and my mates are twins.

"Hey," I say as I accept the call from my brother.

"So how is my twin?" he asks.

"I'm good little bro," I say and Tate and Hayden look at me. Clearly they don't know about my brothers. I understand that the Alpha didn't tell them about them. "What did you want?"

"Um, why can't I call my sister?" he asks.

"One: if dad catches you, you are going to be in big trouble and you are going to blow my cover!"

"It's fine, I am with my mate."

"And you just felt the need to call me?" I ask.

"Just shut up and let me talk!" he says.

"Fine,"

"Ok, so I was just checking if we are still on to see you in a few weeks?"

"Yeah, I think so." I tell him.

"Ok, I just wanted to know. Plus dad is planning to come talk to your pack about an alliance."

"SHIT!" I say and everyone looks at me.

"Hey, Jazzy I have to go. But I love you. I miss you and I will see you in a few weeks!"

"Love you too!" I say and Tate and Hayden both growl.

"Talk to you later!"

"Bye," I say and hang up. Tate and Hayden are at my throat right away.

"WHO ARE YOU SAYING "I LOVE YOU TOO?" they both yell at me.

"Just someone," I say and then look like they are about to continue yelling but Derek stops them.

"Who was it?" he asks.

"Lucas," I say and the twins start to growl again. I look at them and now it is my turn to yell "IF YOU WANT TO BE MY MATES, YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT I LOVE A LOT OF PEOPLE! OK, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THE SAME "I LOVE YOU" I TELL YOU TWO! NOW, IF YOU YELL AT ME ONE MORE TIME, I AM GOING TO RIPE YOUR BALL SACKS RIGHT OFF! RIGHT OFF! SO QUIT ACTING LIKE PUPS!" That shuts them up and makes them grab their sack protect.

"So what did he tell you?" Derek asks.

"That my dad wants to form an alliance with our pack,"

"OH, HELL NO!" Tate says. He makes me proud. I lean over and kiss him. When we pull back, Derek continues.

"Did Lucas say anything else?"

"No, just that he was coming to see me in a few weeks. Which reminds me, I need to text Rob."

"Who is Rob and Lucas?" Hayden asks.

"Rob is my older brother, and Lucas is my twin."

"You have a twin?!" they ask.

"Yeah,"

"Like the same kind of twins, we are?" he asks point from him to Tate.

"Yeah, there is only one kind of twins. And before you ask, yes he is a boy, no we don't look alike, I am older by ten minutes, no he and Rob haven't hurt me, they took care of me after my mom died, and I still see them but my dad doesn't know about it! Oh, and I can kick Lucas's butt!"

"Wait so how many siblings do you have?"

"Um a twin, a older brother, a step sister, and Derek makes 4."

"Wow, Do you have any pictures?!" Tate says. I go to my camera roll, and find a picture of Lucas and me. Lucas is about 5'10, with short black hair and blue eyes, and abs. I am 5'9 with long blonde hair, green eyes, and abs.

I turn the phone toward them and they study us. Then I pull up a picture of Rob and me. Rob is 6'2 with blonde hair, and blue eyes and long legs. I look more like Rob than Lucas.

In the years that I have been away from my dad, he got remarried, his wife already had a daughter, but she doesn't fight like I do. Her mom is training her to be a housewife. My brother Rob is mated and they have a baby on the way, I have met his mate and I love her. She is so nice. My twin or as I call him "Little Bro" just found his mate a few months ago, I still haven't met her but she sounds nice.

We have a plan to get revenge on my dad, but we are waiting for the right time. I might of just found it!

"So, that's my past. Can we please talk about something else!" I ask.

"Hey, JJ we need to go shopping sometime soon!" Kayla says.

"Yeah, we haven't in a long time! Where do you want to go this time?"

"We haven't been to Cali. in a while!"

"Yeah but remember last time!"

"Oh, yeah. That was bad. He wanted you bad!" she says.

Again, Hayden and Tate growl. "Well, he is out of luck! I got two perfect mates now!"

"Yeah, you do!" she says and then starts talking again. "May I ask how this all works?" Kayla asks not bluntly at all,  directing the question to the boys.

"What do you mean?" Hayden ask.

"Like who does she have sex with, that kind of stuff." I choke on the water that I am drinking.

"Well, its not like we have a certain time where only I get to be with her, or kiss her. It's equal. As I am sure you will see, there will be times where she will kiss one of us and then go and kiss the other." Tate says.

"Huh, what happens when she gets prego?!" and I choke on my water again.

"They child will have two fathers." Hayden tells her. They are so serious, which they should be but still it is weird.

"So, you aren't going to do like separate kids. If she keeps getting prego by one and not the other?" this time I don't even drink something and I choke. Tate looks over and pats my back.

"Well, we look the same. But it doesn't really matter to us. We just want kids." Hayden says.

"That is going to be hard for the kids to tell who is who!" Kayla says.

"I am sure that we will figure it out!" Hayden says. And the music goes on! I put on my head phones and play a mix I have on my phone.

Once I finish my homework, I get my book out and start to read. My legs are sore and I need to stretch out. I unfold my legs and put them across Tate's lap. He puts his arms on the top of them. Even though I have a bunch of blankets, I am cold.

I can feel Derek in my head, as if on cue he throws me more blankets. I lay back and rest the end of my book on the curve of my boobs. I take off my headphones to listen to everyone's conversation.

"I so can understand why guys would want a chick that never eats! I can't even put it into words!" Kayla says.

"'Why want the stick, when you can have the whole tree!'" I say. She smiles at me.

"Exactly! You have a quote for everything!"

"Hey, quotes are my thing!"

"What was that from anyway?"

"Hairspray, the movie!"

"Oh, now I want to test this! I will give you a situation or tell you a story and you have to come up with a quote!" Hayden says.

"Bring it on!"

"When I was 6, I fell off of my bike. I got cuts everywhere! Go!"

"'That's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt!'- John Green, The Fault In Our Stars."

Now everyone is playing. "Ok when I was in the 8th grade, I kept failing math."

"'Sometimes in life your situation keeps repeating its self until you learn your lesson!' –unknown. And also 'You can't learn unless you want to'- Jasmine Johnson." I don't use my real name very often, I guess I don't want the whole world to know.

"Good! Ok, when I was 8 all of my friends and I went to jump off of a rock and into the water. All of my friends go scared but I wasn't." Derek says.

"'Fear doesn't something weird to people, but not you. Fear doesn't shut you down, it wakes you up!'- Veronica Roth, Divergent"

"My turn! A few years ago I was dating a guy and he broke up with me, but wouldn't tell me why. Then I met Derek " Kayla says.

"Ok, I have two for this one. 'Every girl deserves a guy that will call you baby, kiss you every night, and tell you why they love you everyday'- unknown. My second one is 'I fell in love they way you fall asleep, slowly and then all at once.'- John Green, The Fault In Our Stars. Come on guys these are easy!"

"Ok, I got a hard one! You and me!" Derek says and with in 30 seconds I thought of one.

"'My nightmares are usually about losing you, I'm okay once I realize that your still here.' – Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games Series- Catching Fire! Suck it!"

"Unbelievable!" Kayla says.

"Any more?"

"I have one! This will be the last one. Love and War,"

"'To love is to destroy, and to be loved is to be destroyed' – Cassandra Clare, The Mortal Instruments." I quote it out of memory. This sentence has been drilled into my brain since the day I was born. 

"What is wrong with you kid? You have the saddest quotes." Tate says.

"Well, I read that last one in a book, but also my dad would teach me that."

"Why?" Hayden asks.

"Um, he wanted me to be the ultimate warrior. He didn't want my feelings to get in the way of fighting. So we trained hard, I never had any fun. Sometimes my mom would sneak me out of my room. But other than that, I would wake up and train, eat, study, prepare for being Alpha, train, workout, do school work, read, eat and then go to bed. That was my day. I mean; I loved my dad. That life was all I knew. My brothers were around, but they weren't aloud to talk or do anything with me. They would have to sneak around to see me." I say, I'm not looking at anyone.

Tate and Hayden come over to me. Hayden puts his hand on my face. Tate runs his hand through my hair. I look at them. "Why do you look sad?" I ask them.

"That is awful! I thought we had it bad," Hayden says.

"I don't want your pity!"

"Don't you understand how horrible that is?" Tate asks.

I am about to answer but Derek gets their first. "Guys give her space, she doesn't have to answer you! I mean I didn't know what happened until like 2 years ago."

"No, she is our mate! We want to know!" Tate says.

Derek puts a hand on both boys shoulder. "Get your hand off of me!" Hayden yells at Derek and he turns around and flings Derek across of the room. Kayla screams and the boys that were downstairs come running up.

I feel Stella taking over. When you hurt one of my family members or friends, you will pay. Derek knows what happens next. I have triggers. You pull a trigger and JJ isn't in control. Jasmine Rose Johnson is. When I fight, Jasmine is in control.

I look over at Derek and see him on the ground. He finds my eyes. "JJ, I am fine!" He stands up. "I'm okay, he didn't mean to do it." I start to relax, and JJ comes back in control.

"I'm good!" I tell them. Everyone relaxes. "Get them away from me!" I say in Spanish.

Derek understands, and starts towards the boys. I roll over onto my side, facing away from the boys. I look and see that I am almost done with Chemo.

I hear Tate and Hayden being taken away. "JJ! Please, I'm sorry. I didn't mean too. Please!" I hear Hayden yells.

In Spanish I say "I will see you later,"

"What did she say?" Tate asks someone.

"She said, "I will see you later," Now you too, need to go back to your cabin." Derek says.

After the twins leave, Derek comes back and comes to me. "Are you okay?" he asks.

"I should be asking you the same question,"

"Don't worry about me. I am fine!"

"Derek I am suppose to worry! You are my brother. I love you!" I say.

Derek was about to answer, when Kayla comes over.

"Yeah JJ, but I love him too. I can take care of him."

"I just don't want to lose him," I say, not meeting Derek's eyes.

"You aren't, you are just going to gain a sister," Kayla says.

I roll onto my back, so I am looking at the ceiling. "Great just what I need! Another sister!" I look at Kayla, "You were my sister a long time ago." I smile at her. I her a beep, telling me that I am all done with Chemo.

I sit up and take out the needle, and but a band-aid on top of the spot. I take down and put away all of the stuff.

Derek and Kayla are in the kitchen hanging out, and the rest of the boys are back downstairs- playing video games. Once all of my stuff is packed up, I start to get up but Derek stops me.

"Where do you think your going?" he asks.

"I am going to my cabin to sleep. What else?"

"Um last time I checked, you had deadly chemicals flowing through your body."

"Yeah, so. I have deadly chemicals in my body all the time!"

"JJ, you can't drive, or walk."

"Well, then someone drop me off!"

"JJ-" he begins.

"I will take her, I need to get out anyway." Kayla says.

"Great!" I say and smirk at Derek; he just rolls his eyes.

I pick up all of my blankets and stuff. Kayla takes my stuff, and puts it in the car. "Do you want me to carry you?" Derek asks.

"Do I have a choice?"

"No," he says and then picks me up, bridle style. He carries me to the car. It's about 3pm. It is so pretty out here. He puts me in the back, so I can lie down. "See you later, Beautiful." He says and then shuts the door.

Kayla starts the car, and drives to my cabin. When we get to the cabin, there is to black wolves fighting the front yard. Two wolves. One with blown eyes, and one with blue eyes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 121 30
Kira grew up without a world of supernatural creatures. Her family was apart of a secret agency. She didn't know of these creatures and her family ti...
611K 25.9K 33
**Unedited** Rule number one: do not get attached. It was a simple rule, really, one Jada Warren had no doubt she could follow effortlessly. After a...
57.1K 1K 16
DISCONTINUED Rose has been living in a human town and has been home schooled her whole life. Her parents decide that she should enroll in a public h...
83.5K 1.4K 19
Jasmine is a rare werewolf; she's the only golden one to ever exist. But even in human form she stands out, being quite gorgeous. And yet, as luck wo...