I'll Be There In a Flash ⚡ Ba...

By straightouttaarrows

"But that doesn't mean I have a free pass to break the sound barrier Cisco. I seriously doubt it works like t... More

˗ˏˋ the cast ˎˊ˗
this is rani
Prologue
Chapter 1 - I'm going home!!!
Chapter 2 - Computer people always make things easier
Chapter 3 - Here comes the boom. Literally.
Chapter 4 - I wake up and I'm still tired
Chapter 5 - STAR Labs? STAR Labs.
Chapter 6 - Cisco hits me in the head with HP
Chapter 7 - Well life escalated quickly
Chapter 8 - A hero is born....well not BORN born....you know what I mean
Chapter 10 - The Passing Out Problem Solved
Chapter 11 - "He took divide and conquer a little too far"
Chapter 12 - "You can call me Karma"
Chapter 13 - Life as it was in Starling City
Chapter 14 - Gas Problems and Big Belly Burger
Chapter 15 - His eyes are green, gas is green everything's green I can't breathe
Chapter 16 - "Keep the gloves on Pikachu....."
Chapter 17 - "Do you need anymore proof than that?!"
Chapter 18 - Grumpy Cat Flash
Chapter 19 - The Speedster Fanclub & Movie Marathons
Chapter 20 - Ring ring, your past is calling
Chapter 21 - "How's it possible for you to be in two places at once?!"
A/N: This is on me
Chapter 22 - "Come and get it."
Chapter 23 - The Gloves Come Off, the Lights Go Out
Chapter 24 - I get thoroughly shook and Barry gets thoroughly angry
Chapter 25 - Ramen and Cold Shoulders
Chapter 26 - My Badass Ex-Coworker
50k? How did that happen??? + plz comment
Chapter 27 - Dig throws some perfectly good fries
28 || Training hurts more than cardio
29 || Arrow?? More like my oddly dressed shrink
30 || ......Screw it

Chapter 9 - "If he's hurt, I'm gonna kill him..."

7.2K 191 27
By straightouttaarrows

"This is where all of the cameras feed to?" I ask the store manager and he nods before walking out. Joe walks into the room as I start downloading video and audio onto my department tablet. 

"You got anything?" He asks.

"I have one masked suspect," I say, scrubbing through the footage until it goes completely black as the gunman shoots out the cameras. "Well.......I had one masked suspect." I add lamely, staring at the black screen, before handing it to Joe. "I'll see what else I can work with." He nods before walking out to talk to the Captain. 

It's been a couple of weeks since Barry stopped Mardon on that farm. A couple of incredibly boring weeks. Barry and I have grown a lot closer in these weeks and it's been nice. Other than Felicity and some of our friends from college, I didn't really have that many friends to this kinda change is quite refreshing. 

I've been to STAR labs quite frequently as well either to learn more about my electrokinesis or to help Barry and Cisco out with their.......vigilantics.

It's been fun, and I've upgraded the STAR labs system to listen into fire and police calls so that we're can hear as soon as possible. Is that legal? Probably not, but it's the thought that counts.

Caitlin and Wells don't know about our little plan and believe me it's difficult enough to keep a secret on my own....but with Cisco and Barry who are both terrible liars......well I'm honestly surprised that they haven't caught us yet. Speaking of caught, I have a gunman to track down.

I hit enter on the audio and it finally filters through. This perp might have shot out the cameras, but he missed the mics. I listen through, realizing that we aren't dealing with one person, but multiple people. I smirk and walk out the door to find Barry who finally showed up, scouring the scene.

"Footage may only show one, but it was six guys," Barry says, standing up in his place. "Look, the tracks. They're all crossing each other. Six sets of footprints. Six guns stolen. We should be looking for a crew."

"He's right," I finally say, watching everyone's heads snap in my direction. "Whoever did this, they might have been smart enough to shoot out all of the security cameras, but they missed the microphones on two of them," I say. "I analyzed and cross-referenced the audio and there was definitely more than one person here."

Captain Singh and Eddie nod, slightly impressed while Barry continues to look at the footprints. "Huh... Weird. The shoes, it looks like they're all the same size." Barry comments. "Men's tens, I'd guess. Just like you, Captain." He says, his face immediately changing when he realizes what he just said. "Not that you're a suspect, sir. I--"

Singh and Eddie walk away and I  facepalm. "For real?"

"It just......slipped out."

"Your ability to multi-task is truly remarkable," Joe says. "The way you can embarrass me, the captain, and yourself all at the same time."

"At least Rani didn't get the fall this time," Barry says and I nod in agreement until Joe gives me a look.

"Um.....don't be awkward Barry?" I say, more like a question.

"Get back to the station Raymond," Joe orders. "Don't you have somewhere to be anyway?"

I sigh remembering my duffle bag full of clothes on my motorcycle, "That I do."

------------------

I get out of the taxi, nearly tripping over the curb. What even is my life? I can hit a target at 50 meters with electricity but I can't walk without tripping up the stairs. And in this dress and these heels that Iris specifically asked me to wear, I'm not exactly surprised.

A week ago, Iris asked if I could come with her and Barry to Simon Stagg's award banquet to help explain the science behind it for her article and I agreed since I wanted to get to know her better. 

If I had known I would have to wear pure evil in their most common form on my feet, I never would have agreed. 

I walk into the reception, spotting Barry and Iris in the crowd. I creep over as quietly as I can in my heels and then grab her shoulders roughly.

She squeaks and Barry jumps at my sudden appearance. I start laughing as Iris punches my arm. "You should have seen your faces!" I say between giggles.

"That was not okay!" She says, trying to hold in a laugh before losing it. "You don't just go up to people and scare the living daylights out of them!"

"That's actually really funny coming from you Iris," Barry says. "Have you forgotten that time when you hid behind the filing cabinet in the cor-,"

"-ner of your lab and scared the crap out of you when you walked in." Iris reminisces before turning to me. "His face was priceless. Nearly dropped all of his files."

"Why can I easily picture that," I laugh, before a sound at the front of the lobby catches our attention.

But what hasn't caught my attention was the fact that Barry was stunned when he saw me walk in. His surprise when he realized his favorite co-worker and best friend from childhood had become closer than he realized. How he found himself lingering not just on Iris, but on my figure as well, a moment longer than he should have.

All of that.....just went right over our heads.

"I find it quite remarkable," Stagg says. "Having once been a timid freshman at Central City University, to be standing before you now, the regents choice for man of the year. While I very much appreciate the award, the real honor for me is knowing that my work in organ transference helps give people a second chance at life. Thank you all very much for coming."

"Okay. All right, first things first... Simon Stagg's work in cellular cloning has led to huge advancements in the future of organ replacement." Barry says as Iris perks up at the sight of a waiter coming by with drinks.

"Are journalists allowed to drink on the job?" She asks and I laugh.

"Okay. If you're bored already, just wait till we get to the science behind cellular regeneration." I add and Iris laughs.

"I've missed this. Barry explaining the science and then Rani re-explaining them in simpler terms with me being confused the entire time." Iris jokes and we chuckle.

"Plus Barry, I feel like we haven't spent any quality time together since you woke up from the coma. You too, Rani. You took the key to your snack drawer in the lab so I couldn't open it." She fake-whines and I laugh.

"Yeah, I've had a crazy few weeks, I know," Barry answers and Iris sighs. 

"I know you think it's wrong, me dating my dad's partner, and I just-" Iris starts before Barry cuts her off.

"No. That is not it. At all." Barry says and it looks like he's about to drop the bomb until something catches Iris's eye.

"Oh, OH! Mr. Stagg, I was wondering if I could get a quote from you for my article." Iris asks before Stagg gives her an almost fearful look. Strange.

"Not now Miss," one of Stagg's bodyguards says politely before they walk away.

"I'll just make something up," Iris shrugs before laughing.

"And I will help you with that," I reassure, poking her side as she giggles. "And what were you saying, Barry?" I ask, giving him a look. "It looked like something important."

"Yeah-" Barry starts, before the sound of gunshots echo through the lobby. Iris instinctively grabs onto Barry's side and he moves the two of us behind him.

"Quiet down! All of you!" One of the six gunmen says, finally coming into view.

"Well Barry," I whisper to him. "There's our six size tens."

"How considerate! You're all wearing your finest jewelry! Almost like you knew we were coming to rob you!" Another masked man says.

For real? The one day I actually wear jewelry that isn't plastic. I lean against Barry, faking a fearful figure while quickly and subtlely unclasping my necklace. I let it go and it slides down my neck into my dress. Barry gives me a weird look and I scoff.

"It's not like they're gonna go checking there."

"Freeze! D-d-drop your weapons!" A voice says and a terrified security guard points his gun at the robbers.

"Rani..." Barry trails off before I nod.

"I've got Iris. Go."

As the gunshots ring out, Barry disappears, taking the security guard with him. The gunmen, starting walking around, pointing their guns at people's heads until they fork over their jewelry

"What about you pretty lady?" One of the masked men asks, coming over to me and pressing a gun against my forehead as Iris stiffens.

I narrow my eyes at him, unaffected and move the gun off of my forehead with my finger. "Unless you want my three dollar earrings from Target, I suggest you keep walking." The gunman lets out a breathy laugh before continuing on his way.

"Where's Barry?!" Iris whisper-shouts to me once he's gone.

"He probably snuck out to get the plates or something," I cover.

"If he's hurt I'm gonna kill him." She murmur and I sigh, thinking how Wells and Caitlin would react.

"Believe me, you won't be the only one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 669 28
Maya, Iris, and Barry were all friends growing till Tony took a liking to Maya. Maya never knew it but she was falling for the dorky boy whose father...
12.2K 224 20
Honestly I was disappointed after watching series finale of the flash. All the villain speedsters getting knocked out in one hit 🙄😶. The finale was...
23.8K 492 19
(This takes place right after the defeat of Devoe before everyone meets Nora and she reveals her identity (End of Season 4)) They finally did it. Th...
106K 3.2K 72
ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ ʟᴏᴠᴇ|❝ɪ ꜰᴇʟʟ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴀꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ, ꜱʟᴏᴡʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴀᴛ ᴏɴᴄᴇ.❞ - ➼ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ; (ʏ/ɴ) ʜᴀʀᴘᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰᴏʀᴇɴꜱɪᴄ ꜱᴄɪᴇɴᴛɪꜱᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴄᴘᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴ...