Rule Three// c.h

By Justeen_96

Third Book in the Rule One Series "Oh can you give it a rest already Jake!" Lily complained as I put my arm... More

About
House Party
Roommates
Working Hard Vs. Hardly Working
Girl Talk
A Pickle
No Pressure
Issues
The Pickle Jar
Nothing to Worry About
Bed Sheets
A/N
Date Night
Sock Drawers
Realization
Got A Secret
The Joys of Reproduction
Pillowtalk
Tagged
Roommates Pt. Two
Lilum + Drex
Who Said Monday's Are Bad?
Blue Collar Boyfriend
Mrs. Lily Jamie Hood
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Epilogue: Bundle of Joy
Rule Four!!!

One Big Happy Family

14.8K 296 132
By Justeen_96

Mike threw a crumbled up ball of paper at me and I glared at him. He only smiled, continuing to chew loudly on the gum he had in his mouth. "You should be paying attention." I whispered to him.

"I am, can't I annoy you at the same time though?" He whispered back. I shook my head again and straightened up in my seat. Licking his lips, Mike tugged on his hat and pulled it around Ash Ketchum style until the bill was behind his head.

"Aw come on, you love me." He said, putting his arms on his desk and grinning at me like an idiot.

"Maybe."

"Ooo.. Somebody call Calum, I think Lily is falling for me." Mike teased. Ever since I met Mike, he's know that I've had a boyfriend. When we first started talking, thanks to assigned lab partners in our biology class, I was nervous. Not because I wasn't good at making friends or because he was in a fraternity. It was mostly because I didn't want a repeat of my senior year of high school with Calum. While everything turned out fine, I just didn't want Calum to think I was trying to play him or something by having guy friends.

So when Mike asked me after class that first day if I would want to go get lunch, I wasted no time in telling him about Calum, despite how awkward I sounded and felt about it. "Oh, I um.. Would love to. As friends right? I mean, I don't think you're trying to ask me out but I have a boyfriend." Mike just rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I know."

"What?" I asked, confused. I didn't know Mike and he didn't know me so how did he know I had a boyfriend? "How do you know?" He laughed a little.

"I don't know. I have a pretty good radar about that stuff. You two have been together for a while haven't you?"

"Almost two years." Mike let out a low whistle.

"Damn. That's cool but yeah, I am asking you as a friend and my lab partner. We should get to know each other right?" I smiled. Mike seemed like a good guy.

"Yeah, of course." Except when I told Calum about him, he stiffened up a little and stared at me hard. I touched his arm lightly.

"Please don't Calum. Mike is nice, he already knew I had a boyfriend. We're not going to have a repeat of last year." Calum had said nothing. I knew he was a little pissed to find out Lance was going to be going to the same college as us but adding another guy friend in to the mix was probably making him madder than hell and really nervous. "He's a nice guy, I think you'll like him."

"Can I meet him? Is that weird?" He asked leaning towards me on the table.

"If you want to, sure. You can probably hang around me before my bio class and meet him but, Calum." I smiled at him. "He's not my type."

"What does he look like?"

"Bleached blond hair, in a fraternity, kind of looks like he could be an asshole but isn't." Calum frowned.

"You just described me. Kind of." I started to laugh. "I had those blond streaks in my hair, I almost joined a fraternity and I was an asshole who turned out not to be such a bad guy." I kissed him lightly on the lips.

"Calum I swear to god."

"What?"

"What's it going to take for you to realize that I love you and I'm not going to leave you?"

"Well, maybe if you marry me.."

"Put a ring on it then but before that, stop being so jealous." Calum met Mike not long after that. Their relationship was a bit rocky at first but eventually, they started to become closer friends than Mike and I were and I could breathe a sigh of relief.

"Hey, return back from Lala Land, Lily." I glanced up at Mike as he shouldered his backpack. "Teach is letting us go." I smiled and stood up with him.

"Awesome. You can take me back to my place right?" I asked, elbowing him in the ribs.

"Not unless you're nice to me."

"You're never nice to me so why should I return the favor?"

"What's the line about being the bigger person?" Mike asked, pretending to be thoughtful as he tapped his chin. I laughed and shoved him a little.

"You're the bigger person here."

"Only in height Little Lily." I groaned.

"I really hate that damn nickname."

"Hey, just as soon as you let mine die, I'll let yours die." Smiling slowly, I shook my head.

"Fat chance Mike and Ike. I can live through Little Lily but every time I call you Mike and Ike, a piece of your soul dies." Mike grabbed at his chest, hand over the spot where his heart would be.

"Why do you have to hurt me so?" Laughing, the two of us headed to the parking lot.

----

"Damn, are you buying enough food for a small army." I rolled my eyes at Mike as I dropped four boxes of Calum's favorite cereal into the basket.

"I live with two boys so, kind of." Mike grabbed some off brand cereal and placed it with my stuff as I made a face at him.

"What? I'm gonna buy food too."

"Then you should have gotten your own cart or something." I scolded.

"But then I have to push it around and I'm not getting that much stuff."

"There are also baskets you know." I said, shaking mine before pulling out his brand of cereal and putting it back in his arms. "I'm not carrying your stuff Mike."

"Why do you do this to me Lil?" I laughed as we headed into the next aisle. "Does Calum get sick of that, you scolding him like a child?" I hit Mike's chest as he laughed.

"I do not scold my boyfriend. I only scold you because you act like a child instead of a mature adult."

"I'll never be mature. You know that." I sighed because I did know that.

"What is your future wife gonna do with you?" I asked him. Mike shrugged.

"She's going to have to be very understanding." I rolled my eyes at him, grabbing a carton of milk. "You know, you're the one that should have gotten a cart. How many things are you gonna buy?" I hit his arm.

"Shut up and not that much, I'll come back tomorrow too with Ella. She always gets a cart."

"What do you have against carts again?"

"They're for old people." I whispered as we passed a family of four. "And moms. I am neither."

"Which is surprising because according to Calum, with the amount of sex you guys supposedly have you should have a Calum Jr. on the way." I stopped walking and looked up at Mike slowly. "Oh. Was I not supposed to know something?"

"Why is Calum discussing our sex life with you?" Mike started to laugh.

"He mentioned it once don't get your panties in a twist and besides, I'm one of your best friends, why don't you tell me this shit?"

"Because you're a guy. I talk to Jackie and all my other high school friends about that kind of stuff."

"Ouch, I'm hurt. Because I'm a guy? You're sexist Lily."

"Oh don't be a baby. Now come on. Calum will be home soon and him and Jake are going to be hungry and when they're hungry they also get mad."

"Hangry. Just say hangry."

"Never." I hissed to him walking towards checkout as Mike followed close behind, laughing.

Calum

I pulled into my parking space with a sigh. It had been a long day at work with my boss yelling at me for paperwork, my assistant forgetting my meetings and little to no coffee in my system. Running my hand down my face, I looked at my watch and knew that Jake would be home by now. It was six-thirty. He was always off at five and home by five-thirty. I guess I can't be mad at him though, I chose to become an engineer.

Six-thirty. That meant Lily would be back soon. The thought made me a little giddy. She was always over at the apartment, hardly ever staying in her dorm room on campus, but she wasn't just visiting us and squeezing onto the twin bed I owned until she made me buy a new one. Lily was actually living with Jake and I. I would go to sleep and wake up next to her for the rest of my life.

Thinking about Lily, and food, I got out of my car, grabbed my briefcase and headed to the apartment. Ella and Jake were in the living room, thankfully not making out. I waved at Ella as she turned around. "Hi Calum."

"Hey Ella." I said before fist bumping Jake who held up his fist without even looking at me. "Lily's not home is she?" Ella shook her head.

"She's at the store." Ella replied as I headed to my room, loosening my tie. "She's gonna make pork chops for dinner."

"Awesome!" I called out to her setting my case down before tossing my tie onto my dresser and removing the belt from my pants. I had just turned on the light to my room when the lights dimmed and went out. At first, I thought the bulb had broken or something but the whole apartment was quiet. The TV was no longer on. Motherfucking.. "Jake!" I shouted, exiting my room.

"Yeah, I can see. The power is out." I glared at him a little and recalled the date of the month before checking the window outside to see that traffic lights were still working as well as the streetlights.

"No, the power is not out. Did you pay the damn electric bill?" I asked. Ella stood up, sensing a fight.

"No. Isn't it your turn."

"Jake, I swear to god. You said that two months ago when it was your turn to pay."

"No I didn't." He replied angrily, standing.

"I should really start recording you because you have shit memory. Call the damn electric company."

"I don't have shit memory. It's your month to pay!" Jake insisted.

"Please don't blow this out of proportion boys." Came Ella's calming voice.

"I'm not fucking paying Jake. Just because I make more money than you do.."

"Why the fuck do you always bring that up? My sister and I are paying for most of this damn apartment. So why shouldn't you pay for the fucking electricity."

"Because we set this up when we first moved in Jake. You and I! Not me, you and Lily. We agreed to take turns paying for that after we found out it wasn't part of our utilities! And don't bring your sister into this!"

"Hey, hey. What the hell is going on in here?" Someone demanded, pulling on my arm.

"Tell your shitty brother to pay the electric bill." I said to Lily. She was wearing her serious face. If I wasn't so angry I'd think it was cute. Jake shoved my shoulder.

"Don't fucking call me that asshole."

"Fuck you Jake." I said balling up my fists, getting ready to punch him. Lily stepped between the two of us.

"Stop acting like idiots."

"Tel him that! It's his turn to pay the damn electric bill!" Jake shouted. Ella grabbed his hand and pulled him back as Lily pushed me towards the hallway. I spotted Mike awkwardly standing in the  doorway of our apartment.

"Screw you!" I snapped. Lily hit my chest.

"Go back their right now and call them. I'll pay you fucking idiots." She said shoving me toward the hallway and pointing towards our room. I couldn't be mad at her so I walked down the hallway and slammed the door shut when I got to our room.

While I was on hold with the electric company, Lily came in and sat next to me on the bed. "Yeah, hi. I'm trying to pay my electric bill for my apartment." As I was speaking, Lily started to unbutton my shirt, kissing my neck. I tried to keep my voice even as she ran her hands down my chest. "Lil what are you doing?" I hissed as she tried to unbutton my pants.

"Relax baby." She whispered in my ear. I was somehow able to have a normal conversation with the guy on the phone while also getting a hard on as Lily continued to tease me. When I finally hung up, I pulled her onto my lap.

"What the fuck?" I asked. She smiled a little.

"I was just trying to make you feel better until I told you."

"Told me what?" I asked, getting a bit anxious. Lily laughed.

"It was your turn to pay the electric company."

"Fucking Hell." I grumbled.

"It doesn't matter Calum. I got Ella started on dinner, the electricity will come back on soon." Just as she said that, the lights turned back on. "And I'll even let you have dessert before dinner." She kissed me when I laughed.

"This is why I love you." I murmured, removing my shirt.

A/N:
Anyone else picturing frat boy Michael Clifford? 😍

P.S: I know y'all want smut but I've never written that kind of stuff before 🤐 I have one thing written for later but I don't know if it's.. good or not?? And I'm sorry I didn't continue with this one. I usually keep my updates around 2000 words. Sorry! 😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 2.6K 23
Final Installment in the Rules Series "Look at me!" I shout at Calum. Slowly, he lifts his eyes. "I have never been so disappointed in you than I am...
19.9K 437 10
Josie Hemmings didn't have the best track record for relationships. Calum Hood wasn't one for relationships, period. But one night spent together wit...
1.1M 23.4K 22
"You two are so fucking annoying!" I screamed slamming my bedroom door shut. "Back at you sweetheart!" Calum called from outside my room. My brother...
56.3K 2K 40
When circumstances change, lives change. Is there a way back to how things were before..? *** Calum Hood Fanfiction Book 2 of 3 in the IWCT series ...