Voldemort's Soft Spot.

By JillNapier

Ava Wilson has no idea she's as special as Harry Potter, she has no idea who her father is or why she feel a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1, year one
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YEAR 2, chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Year 3 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Year 4 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Year 5 Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Year 6 chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 8

19.6K 476 528
By JillNapier

This chapter is dedicated to iAmMrsFredWeasley. This chapter was so frickin fun to write! I hope you have fun reading it as much as I had fun writing it! :)

Disclaimer: I don't own the material in this story it belongs to J.K Rowling. I only own what I come up with.

the picture to the side is of Ava's dress. Ain't it pertty!!! :)

The song to the side is the song Ava sings at the Yule ball.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!! ENJOY THE CHAPTER :)

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Chapter 8

I sat in a giant empty classroom feeling out of place. All of the gryffindors 4th year and above were in here. Girls on one side of the room while the guys were on the other.

I listened to Professor McGonagall with an amused expression, she seemed quite uncomfortable with this subject. I could see why, but still it was funny to watch her.

" The Yule ball is approaching... a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now the ball will be open only to fourth years and above... although you can invite a younger student if you wish..." McGonagall said looking around awkwardly. I could tell she just wanted to get this conversation over with.

All of a sudden a shrill giggle escaped Parvarti Patil. Her face was working furiously as she fought not to giggle. Parvarti looked over at Harry with a huge smile still holding back her giggles.

I tried not to roll my eyes as I looked back at McGonagall. Geez I've only been single for what.... 3 days.... and already people are after Harry. It irked me, I knew they were only flirting with him because he is a champion.

" Dress robes will be worn" Professor McGonagall went on, ignoring Parvarti " and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then...."

McGonagall stared deliberately around the room at everyone.

" The Yule ball is of course a chance for us all to.....er..... let our hair down." She said in an awkward voice.

I giggled. Professor McGonagall, with her hair in a tight bun, looked as though she had never let her hair down in any sense.

" But that does NOT mean" Professor McGonagall went on " that we will be replacing the standards of behavior we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor Student embarrasses the school in any way. I don't want you to act like a big bumbling band of baboons."

I giggled again and heard Fred turn to George and say " Try saying that five times fast."

Eventually McGonagall made us all stand up and get a partner and practice dancing. I inwardly groaned. I've never danced before, so I'll probably look like a bimbo trying to dance.

Most of the boys remained sitting, to embarrassed to even get up. Whilst all the girls got up eagerly and looked around greedily for a partner.

I was one of the last girls to stand up. I walked to the front of the line looking for Harry.

I made eye contact with Harry and we both nodded. We may have broken up but he's still my best friend. Plus I'd feel even more awkward if I had to learn to dance with someone I barely know.

I gracefully leapt to his side and waited for Mcgonagall to tell us what to do.

She told us how we were supposed to stand and many of the girls eagerly placed their hands on their partners while the guys groaned.

I awkwardly put my hand in Harry's, and my other hand on his shoulder. He put his hand on my waist and I suddenly felt self conscious and nervous.

I could feel some people staring at us with curious expressions. I couldn't blame them, I mean Harry and I did break up. They should know that no matter what happened we would always be close friends.

McGonagall put on the music and told Ron to come up to her. It was a funny sight... watching him dancing with McGonagall. Ron looked humiliated. He constantly looked around him like he was looking for an escape.

When we started to dance to try it out, I was a little clumsy but the repetitive foot work soon became easy.

The first time Harry picked me up by my waist to make me jump in the air, he almost dropped me. I had to continually teach him how do it. Finally he was able to do it... just not very gracefully.

Harry wasn't a very good dancer, so I ended up having to lead him. He got it eventually though... but he was a little awkward on his feet.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was really good at dancing and was disappointed when the dancing lesson ended.

I walked out of the classroom linked with Hermione feeling happy.

" That actually wasn't that bad." I stated smiling.

" I could tell. Your a natural at dancing!" Hermione complimented.

" Hermione... who are we going to go with to the dance?" I asked suddenly.

" I'm not sure.." she mused, looking deep in thought. " Hey, Ava... do you mind coming to the library with me? There was a book I wanted to check out."

" Uh, yeah, sure." I said not really listening as we made our way to the library.

We passed alot of people in the hallways giggling about the dance and who they were going to ask or go with. It was actually refreshing and not annoying. We never got to do anything like this, so it was exciting to actually think about going to a dance.

Finally we made it to the library and we went to the very back of it. I watched as Hermione scrunched her eyebrows and looked through books. I became bored and did the same. I looked through the books but they weren't interesting to me so I quickly stopped.

I heard footsteps coming up to me and looked up to see Krum and Petar. I looked up at them and they bowed. I heard a thump and I turned to look at Hermione. Hermione had dropped the book she was holding. She blushed a deep red and quickly picked the book up and set it back in its shelf.

" Um, Hi." I said awkwardly seeing as we were all just standing here.

The boys chuckled and Petar stepped toward me with his hand stretched out. I gave him my hand and felt his warm lips brush against my hand, which effectively made me blush.

He chuckled at my color and said " Ava, vould you do me the honor of going to the Yule Ball vith me?"

I blushed. I wanted to go to the ball with Draco. But seeing as that was an impossibility since he is a Slytherin and I'm a Gryffindor.... sadly it could never happen. Besides I just knew he'd be going to the dance with pug-face Parkinson. So I would go with Petar.... he is pretty good looking and he seems sweet.

" Yeah, I would love to go to the ball with you." I said breathlessly

I was to busy looking at Petar that I didn't notice when Krum asked Hermione.

Krum walked to Petar who was still staring into my eyes and said " Ve must get going. Karkaroff vill be looking for us."

" Very vell." Petar said without looking at Krum and said to me " I'll see you at the dance, beautiful." I blushed again and watched as they walked out of the library.

I slowly looked over at Hermione who was grinning broadly.

" You knew they would come here!" I accused halfheartedly.

" I had a suspicion.... Viktor always seems to be in the library when I am, and he always has his friend with him... so I thought that they would ask us...." she said.

" Sneaky sneaky girl." I said shaking my head while smiling.

She smiled at me and said " Well at least we have dates! Now all we need are dresses."

I smiled at that.

We walked toward study hall and sat down at a table across from Ron and Harry. Ron and Fred were passing a note and I had a suspicion about what it was about. I bet Ron was going to ask Hermione.

I continued working on my potions homework when Snape walked in to watch over us. I tried to do my homework and watch Ron at the same time. This was sure to be interesting.

Ron suddenly looked awkwardly up at Hermione and cleared his throat and said " Hermione, your a girl."

" Very well spotted." Hermione said looking a little miffed at the comment.

" Um well I could take you to the dance, because it's one thing for a guy to show up at a dance alone, but for a girl, it's just sad..." Ron went on.

I rolled my eyes and massaged my temples. Ron really didn't know how to woo a girl. He's doing a pathetic job.

" For your information I won't be going alone!" Hermione yell whispered at him. She stood up and leaned toward him. " Somebody already asked me!"

I watched as Ron looked at Hermione with wide eyes as she passed her potions homework to Snape, she then twirled around and leaned toward Ron again and said " And I said yes!"

When Hermione walked out of the classroom, I looked at Ron and gave him a disbelieving look.

Ron ignored my look and looked and Harry and said " Poor girl, she's probably just making that up. She's to embarrassed to admit that she has no one to go with."

I rolled my eyes and looked at Ron and said " She wasn't lieing. I was with her when he asked her!"

Ron then looked at me with an incredulous expression " Blimey, who asked her?!"

I felt insulted at the comment. Hermione was a beautiful girl. Why was it such a surprise that someone would ask her to a dance?? Geez just because she reads all the time doesn't mean that she doesn't know how to loosen up and have fun!

I gave Ron a death glare and he blushed. I felt someone tap on my shoulder and turned to see Ernie Macmillan behind me.

" Yes Ernie?" I said trying to hide the irritation in my voice... all thanks to Ron.

" Uh... I-I was wondering If.... well...." He stuttered turning really red.

I suddenly felt really bad for him. He was going to ask me to the dance... he was so sweet but I had to turn him down.

Harry looked like he was about to burst out laughing at Ernie's embarrassment and stuttering and said " Spit it out Ernie!"

" Uh... well Ava... I was just wondering if maybe you'd like to go to the dance with me?" Ernie said trying to sound confident.

I sent him an apologetic smile and said " I'm sorry Ernie, but somebody already asked me, and I said I'd go."

" Oh...Ok..." Ernie said looking down and walking away.

" Somebody already asked you?" Harry said awkwardly. I could tell he was very protective of me, but when he said this it made me realize just how protective he was.

" Yeah." I said.

" I don't understand why She'd turn me down...." Ron said to himself.

I turned back to glare at him and said " Well maybe you should get a tip from Ernie on how to ask a girl to the dance! Instead of insulting her to her face! Besides she has a date!" I said losing my temper as I stood up and gave my homework to Snape.

Snape grabbed my homework quickly and snarled at me.

I tried not to laugh and hissed at him like a cat and saw his face turn an ugly shade of red. I made my way out of the classroom smirking. I just hissed at my teacher... hehe.

I walked making my way towards the common room when I heard whispering sounds coming from a broom closet. I stared confusedly at the closet and fought with my inner self whether to snoop or not.

Finally the temptation got the best of me and I slowly placed my ear to the door to hear two familiar voices. Draco and Hermione.

I refrained a sigh as I listened. These two are still sneaking around??

" So you were asked to the dance?" Draco asked sounding somewhat disappointed.

" Yes... but don't act all disappointed. I know your going with Pansy." Hermione said lightly.

" Yes but... how are we going to make this work? This was your idea in the first place! How are we supposed to sneak around during the dance if we have dates hanging off our arms!" Draco asked angrily.

I felt my heart crumble and made myself go blank so I wouldn't have to feel any emotions. Hermione told me they weren't secretly dating. Obviously they are.

" Look, it will still work. We will hang out and get everything in order before the dance even starts. So by the time the dance even starts we will know where to meet each other and when to ditch our dates." Hermione said just as lightly and somewhat excitedly.

" It still seems to complicated. What if we get caught?" Draco asked cautiously.

" Well, we'll just have to try our best to not get caught now won't we?" Hermione said.

I finally heard enough and made my way slowly to the common room. I can't believe what I just heard. Hermione... wow... maybe she is a man jumping whore. I quickly shook the thought away, instantly repulsed with what I just thought. There has to be an explanation with what I just heard.

" Ava!" Hermione said excitedly as she ran to catch up with me.

I tried to feel anger toward her, but I couldn't get myself to be mad. I only felt disappointed. I was disappointed that I couldn't be Draco's Hermione. I couldn't be anyone but myself, and he didn't seem to want me.

I sighed and smiled at her.

" Guess what!" Hermione said.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Was she going to finally tell me about her secret dating with Draco?

" Neville is going to the dance with Ginny! How cute is that!" Hermione gushed happily.

I should've know that she wouldn't tell me.

I finally made myself smile a true smile and said " I'm so happy for them! Ginny deserves to go to the dance with someone as sweet as Neville. And Neville deserves to go with a hottie like Ginny. Maybe Slytherins will stop bullying him about not being able to get a girlfriend."

"I know right! I'm so proud of Neville! And Ginny is so excited! She's probably the only third year going!" Hermione said excitedly as we entered the common room.

As we walked into the common room we saw all these people surrounding a horror struck Ron.

Ginny saw us and ran up to us and said " Ron just asked Fluer Delacour out!"

Hermione and I looked at Ron. Hermione gaped at Ron, and I looked disgusted.

" Ron you can do so much better than barf face." I said as I walked up to him " What did she say?"

" She said no of course." Hermione stated.

We saw Ron shake his head and Hermione put her hands over her mouth in disbelief and surprise and said " She said yes!"

" Don't be silly." Ron said still shaking his head " There she was walking... and you know I like it when they walk...."

I rolled my eyes at his comment.

" It just kind of slipped out..." Ron squeaked out.

" Actually he kind of screamed at her... it was a bit frightening, really..." Ginny said rubbing Ron's shoulder.

I shook my head and laughed.

People gave me confused looks and laughed when I said" Wow Ron, you must have no talent when it comes to asking girls out... first you insult Hermione and now you scare the crap out of barf face.... who's next?!"

Everyone started laughing with me and Ron tackled me jokingly as I screamed from under him.

" Get off of me Ronald!" I laughed as he tickled me.

" Not until you take it back! I'm not bad at asking girls out!" Ron said trying to look serious but failing miserably.

I laughed and said " I will not take it back! It's true!!!" I said in between giggles.

Ron frowned and then got off me and said " I know."

Everyone laughed and then Harry came running up to Ron and said " I got us some dates Ron!"

Ron's face lightened up and said " You mean you got me a date too?"

" Yep, the Patil twins! You'll be going with Padma." Harry said looking proud of himself.

" Wow Ron, Your so bad at asking girls out you actually had to have a friend do it for you!" I said boldly.

Ron surprised me by grinning and he got on top of me and dangled a loogey in front of my face.

" EWWWW!! Ronald stop it!" I said as I tried to push him off of me.

" Nuh uh." Ron said dangling the loogey closer to my face.

" Ok Ron! Your not bad at asking girls out!" I said as I turned my face to the side to get away from the loogey.

" Good." Ron said as he let the loogey fall on my cheek and I squealed in disgust.

Hermione glared at Ron and said " Ron! That's disgusting!"

I quickly stood up and ran to Ron and wiped my cheek on Ron's shirt to get the nastiness off of it.

" Ron you'll pay for that!" I said playfully " You better learn to sleep with your eyes open from now on!"

Everyone laughed and Ron just smiled at me.

~~~~~

The next week was full of nervous and excited students ready to buy their dress at this Hogsmeade weekend. The only reason I was going was to help Hermione look for a dress. I already had mine.

I had gotten my dress in the mail. My mom had my dress tailor made. It looked stunning on me if i do say so myself. Very sexy. It was a silvery-blue color and it really emphasised my chest. It was tight fitting near the top and neatly flowed down to my feet. It had a pretty looking broach or jewel on the side of the dress that kept the fabric looking tight fitting on my torso. Not to sound vain, but again.... I was going to be looking extremely sexy at the dance.

I walked with Hermione toward Hogsmeade. I made sure I brought at least 1000 galleons. I was going to make her go into an exclusive shop that tailors clothing, they would make you look your best. I didn't tell Hermione because I knew that she would put up a fuss and make sure that I didn't bring money.

I watched as all the students all but ran into the clothing stores at the end of Hogsmeade; Another reason not to go there... all the dresses would be picked over. I won't allow my best friend to go to our first dance dressed like anyone else. Nuh uh... no way.

Hermione continued to walk toward the clothing store but I tugged on her arm softly and said " I know another store, come on."

I pulled her toward another side of Hogsmeade where students are merely allowed to window shop, but that's only because people can't afford anything that these people have. Seeing as I had more money than I knew what to do with, I thought I would buy Hermione her dress.

I don't plan on telling Hermione the price of the clothing until after she's tried it on. Once she has... she won't be able to say no to me buying the dress. She will look amazing. Ingenious plan... I know.

I knew for a fact Hermione has never been down this part of Hogsmeade before, so she wouldn't know it's reputation of emptying wallets.

Hermione gaped as she stared into the windows of the clothing and jewelry stores.

" Uh, Ava... are we supposed to be down here? I don't see anyone else from school around here.... Man this looks expensive!!" Hermione cried as she stared down at a huge diamond necklace in the shape of a very complicated looking star.

" Don't worry Hermione, this isn't a very popular part of Hogsmeade. It's just a bunch of clothing stores. People normally want to go to Zonko's or Honeydukes.... not look at clothing." I lied easily.

"You'd think that alot of people would be down here then... seeing as this is nothing but clothing stores..." Hermione said completely oblivious to the expensiveness of the clothing.

" Yeah, well, not many people know this part of Hogsmeade is here.... it's to boring..." I added.

" Hmmmm." Hermione said as she skimmed the products in the windows.

Finally I spotted the store I was looking for, It was a shop that specialized in making the best dresses for all occasions it was called. " Witches in White." It was originally a wedding shop.

I dragged Hermione up to the shop and Hermione whined.

" Hey! I was looking at those shoes!" Hermione whined.

I pulled her into the shop and she gasped.

" Oh my... look at all the.... Oh...." Hermione said at a loss for words.

Hermione reached out to touch the silky fabric but I dragged her to the sophisticated lady behind the desk, I wanted to make sure she didn't see any price tags... if she did she would all but run out of here.

" Hello, ma'am" I said nicely as the lady looked up in surprise.

" Hello.... if your looking for the cheaper store you missed it by a left turn." She said nicely

" Cheaper?" Hermione questioned me cautiously.

" Oh whats a few more galleons going to hurt." I said so only Hermione could hear.

" Actually I'm in the right place. I'm here to buy my friend a dress for the Yule ball." I stated calmly

" Your going to by me..." Hermione said her eyes going wide.

" Oh ok, well lets get a look at her body shape, hmm?" The lady said grabbing Hermione before she could ask me any more questions.

The lady appraised Hermione, going into her professional mood. She stuck a quil behind her ear so it brushed up against her light brown hair.

The lady had waved her wand and a few measuring tapes came out and started to measure Hermione everywhere, around her waist, the space between her armpit and hip, her breast, Hermione looked petrified.

" Chill Hermione, it'll be done in a little." I said avoiding her glare. She would thank me later.

" Hmmm." The lady mused " You got nice curves... but your body type would do better with a flowing dress rather than a straight.... pink definitely...It would look best with your skin tone." The lady said as her eyes raked over Hermione, like she was drawing the design of Hermione's dress on her at that exact moment.

Hermione looked so out of place, I almost felt bad for her, but she would thank me later.

" I know Just the dress you will wear!" the woman said excitedly as she sketched out the dress on a pad.

The lady's hand was moving so quickly across the pad that I was sure she was just scribbling, but when she held up the drawing to me and Hermione, we both gasped.

It was beautiful. It was pink and floral looking, it was just like Hermione.

" Oh my gosh! It's beautiful!" Hermione cried as she grabbed the sketch pad from the lady.

Hermione's eyes raked across the page and said " It's absolutely perfect!"

" Good!" The lady said happily as she took the pad back and made the pad float to the back room.

" When can the dress be done?" I asked.

" Oh, It should be done in about an hour or two... this store isn't exactly a busy spot." The lady laughed lightly.

I nodded my head and walked up to the lady and asked quietly " How much is the dress?"

" Hmm." The lady mused " Well with the amount of silk and fabric... it should be at least 900 galleons, but I like you girls, I'll make it 800 galleons even."

" Oh thank you so much... that was actually cheaper than I thought it would be! Would you mind making shoes to go with it?" I asked just as quietly

" Of course!" The lady said excitedly

I laughed and said " I would like to pay in full now if you don't mind."

" Of course, follow me." the lady said as she walked toward her office.

I walked in and it was sophisticated. It was a red and black style. The table was stylish and modern, and the whole room just screamed awesome.

I gaped around me before I pulled around my purse. I grabbed out a sack that had 800 galleons in it and said " That is 800 galleons even."

The lady put the money in a vault hidden behind a bookshelf and she turned back around to look at me.

" Good, good. Thank you so much for your service... Come back in an hour and a half.... it will be done by then." The lady said rushing from the room to go get started on the dress.

I left the lady's office and ran to Hermione.

" Ava, where did you go?" Hermione asked skeptically.

" I bought the dress." I stated.

" Ava!!" Hermione said angrily " I'm perfectly capable of buying my own dress! I feel terrible now!"

" Well you shouldn't." I said hugging Hermione tight. " I wanted to do something for my best friend. It made me feel great, so please don't be mad at me."

Hermione sighed and hugged me back and laughed " That dress was so perfect, thank you Ava, your the bestest friend a girl could ever have! When will the dress be ready?"

" In an hour and a half. Lets go chill at the three broomsticks for awhile."I said checking the time.

" Ok... but it's my treat, and you aren't allowed to argue." Hermione said smirking.

I laughed knowing she wouldn't budge so I just agreed.

We walked out of the store arm in arm and we made our way to the main part of Hogsmeade so we could eat at the three broomsticks.

When we entered the broomsticks we picked ourselves a booth in the corner and looked at the people around us.

I spotted Draco with Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle. I felt a familiar pang in my heart as I looked at him. Why must I like him? He will never like me! I keep setting myself up for a downfall, by continuing to feel for him. It wasn't fair.

I tried my best to look away from Draco but I couldn't. I felt Hermione smack my arm and I looked up to see a cute waiter no older than 18.

" What would you like to have to drink." The waiter said checking me out.

I blushed and said " Butterbeer please."

" Coming right up." the waiter said winking at me.

I gaped after him and heard Hermione burst out laughing.

" Oh Merlin's your face is bloody hilarious!" Hermione giggled.

Almost everyone in the restaurant was staring at our booth due to Hermione's loud laughter, even Draco.

I caught his eye and he smirked. I blushed and quickly looked away.

" Why did you smack my arm so hard!" I whined when people had stopped staring.

Hermione giggled again and said " You wouldn't stop staring at Draco, and the poor waiter was trying so hard to get your attention.... he really likes you!"

I blushed again and snapped " Well next time... a friendly poke is in order... not a slap!"

She continued to giggle at me and I sighed. That was embarrassing.

The waiter came back with our butterbeer's and set them in front of us.

" Do you lovely ladies know what you would like to eat?" The waiter said never looking away from me.

" We will both have salads... we must eat healthy to maintain our sexy figures for the Yule ball coming up, now don't we." I said batting my eyelashes at him flirtatiously.

The waiter seemed to be caught up in my eyes, and I giggled. I watched as he quickly shook his head trying to clear his mind and smiled " Yeah, your right..... you do have a sexy figure... your salads are coming right up."

As soon as he disappeared Hermione burst out laughing again and I couldn't help but join her.

" Gosh, your terrible Ava!" Hermione said smiling broadly.

" I couldn't help it, besides... you know I just made his day." I laughed

" Wow, you rebound fast Wilson." I heard Pansy drawl from in front of me.

I looked up to see Pansy and Draco with their goons behind them.

" What do you want, Parkinson." I said rolling my eyes.

" I noticed you weren't buying a dress, Wilson. Did you realize that you aren't as perfect and beautiful as you make yourself to be? Is that what's keeping you from going to the dance, cuz if so, your right, your to ugly to go." Pansy said with a smug expression.

I laughed and ignored her.

" Or is it because you scared off all of the guys and couldn't get a date." Pansy snarled trying to provoke a response from me.

" Excuse me." said a male voice that I recognized as our waiter.

The Slytherins parted to let him through and he set our salads in front of us.

The waiter turned to me and smirked " Would you like anything else?"

I smirked to myself and said " Nah, I'm fine."

" Well here, I'll give you my name anyway... feel free to owl me anytime.... I mean it." He winked at me and left.

Hermione was sent into another fit of laughter and I giggled with her.

" Did you hear me you slut? I asked if you scared all the guys off and couldn't get a date."

I glared at her.

" Look who's talking pug-face. Also...." I said looking down at the piece of paper the boy had his name on and said " William didn't think I was all that scary... actually I think he found me quite charming."

Pansy rolled her eyes at me about the William remark and she said " I actually have a date." She said proudly " I'm going with Drakey"

I disguised my laugh as a cough, but she still caught the laugh and growled at me.

" I actually have a date too." I said nonchalantly while taking a sip of butterbeer.

I saw Draco's eyes narrow and he growled. But I ignored it.

" Who would be desperate enough to ask you?" Pansy asked looking so surprised and disgusted that it actually made me feel insulted.

Before I could retort angrily I heard a voice that made me smile.

" Excuse me, but I vould not call myself desperate. I think she is a beautiful and a charming girl." Petar said suddenly materializing next to me.

The Slytherins gaped at him and Pansy was opening and closing her mouth like a fish. Obviously she thought he was hot. Draco looked extremely displeased. He stared at Petar with a look of pure loathing and disgust. He looked like something crawled up his butt and layed an egg.

" I get that response alot." Petar said in my ear so no one else could hear. I giggled. He was refering to the gaping of Pansy.

" You were asked by a Bulgarian!?" Pansy said almost longingly.

" She vas." Petar answered for me.

" Ugh, you lucky bitch you." Pansy said shaking her head angrily.

" Hey!" Draco said at her clearly wanting the prior affection she had toward him back.

" Don't worry baby, I still love you. Bulgarians are just so HOT." Pansy said.

I held in my laugh.

Petar was glaring at Pansy and stood up in his seat beside me." How dare you call her such a name! You should apologize right now!"

He was so cute! He had such an adorable accent.

I crossed my arms, clearly loving what was going down and looked at Pansy and said " Yeah, Pansy you should apologize."

" They're right you should." Hermione said inbetween bits of salad. Wow she must be hungry. I laughed.

Pansy stared at Petar with shock and stuttered " I-I'm s-s-sorry Ava."

" I forgive you Pansy." I said smiling broadly.

Petar sat back down and said while putting his arm around me " You should go away and let these young ladies eat."

Soundlessly the Slytherins left without another word. This made me and Hermione and I finally started on my salad.

" Thank you Petar for sticking up for me." I said sweetly.

" Your velcome. I hate vatching ladies such as yourselves being insulted by a bully such as herself. It makes me sick." He said smiling down at me.

I blushed and continued to eat.

" Where is Viktor?" Hermione asked curiously.

" Krum vanted to come.... but Karkaroff vanted him to figure out vat the egg's hint is. They are back at the ship." He said politely

" Oh." Hermione said sadly.

We talked for a little while longer and I realized that Petar and I actually had alot in common. He was such a sweetheart. We both hated bullies, we both thought that the Beauxbatons students were overrated, we loved Hogwarts, and more... but I won't list them all.

Suddenly Petar checked his watch and sighed " I am sorry, but I must go. Karkaroff told us to be back by five."

" Oh ok." I said realizing that I sounded truely disappointed.

" Don't be sad. I shall see you later." Petar said smiling at me and standing up.

I stood up too because Hermione and I had finished our food. She placed the tip on the table and we walked out of the restaurant.

When we got outside I looked up to see Petar giving me a tender smile.

It made my heart stutter. He leaned in and kissed my forehead and said " I shall see you soon, Ava."

I nodded my head and smiled " Ok, see you later Petar."

He walked away and I watched him.

" Ooooooo lala." Hermione said jokingly

I ignored her and said in a sing song voice" Guess what time it is!"

" We get to pick up my dress??" She asked excitedly

I nodded my head and smiled at her excitement. " Let's go!!"

We all but ran to Witches in White. We quickly stepped inside, sure enough the lady who made Hermione's dress was jumping up and down on her seat excitedly.

I laughed, she had to be in her mid thirties. It's funny to see adults get excited.

" Oh come in dears!" she said rushing up to us and grabbing Hermiones wrist. She all but dragged Hermione to the dressing room and handed her a box.

" Here honey, the dress is in here. It's our policy to let the customer try on the dress before giving it to them... just to make sure that everything is how they want it." the lady said excitedly.

I could hear the dropping of clothing as Hermione got undressed. I jumped up and down extremely excited to see how she looked in her dress.

I heard Hermione gasp and I asked worriedly " Hermione what's wrong? Don't you like it?"

I heard a few sniffles coming from the dressing room and then the door opened.

I gaped at Hermione. She looked stunning, that's an understatement. She looked perfect.

Hermione sniffled again and wiped the tears away to make sure none fell on the dress.

I frowned " Hermione don't you like it?"

She shook her head and laughed " No, Ava, It's just... I absolutely love it! It's everything I could have asked for. So perfect... To perfect..... are you sure you want to buy it?"

" I already did silly." I said sighing in relief.

" Wait.... oh no..... Ava..... how much was the dress??" Hermione asked suddenly rigid.

" It was 800 galleons." the lady said as she patted around with Hermione's dress making it lie in the right places.

Hermione froze like a statue and turned red and then green. She began to tear up and she said " Ava.... how am I supposed to pay you back!! I can't accept this!"

I laughed and said in finalty " Silly Hermione. You will not pay me back. I have more money than I know what to do with. I wanted to do this for you. This is my gift for you. You will accept it."

Hermione ran up to me and gave me a huge hug " Oh my gosh, thank you so much Ava!!! Your the bestest friend I could ever ask for! I love you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

I smiled and ruffled her hair " Your welcome. Like I said I wanted to do this."

" Looks like everythings in order, sweetheart." the lady said.

Hermione nodded at her and ran back to the dressing room and changed quickly.

I waited patiently for Hermione and smiled brightly when she walked out with the box held tightly against her chest. She looked euphoric.

" Shall we go?" I asked Hermione.

She nodded and I looked at the lady and said " Thank you so much for the dress, It's everything she wanted."

She looked at me fondly and said " It's not a problem dear.... I must say... It is one of my best designs! I am super proud of that dress."

" Yes, thank you! Thank you so much!" Hermione said.

The lady nodded at us and went back behind the counter and yelled " Have fun with your dates!"

" We will!" we both shouted at the same time.

~*~ The Dance ~*~

I stood in front of a floor length mirror showing me my appearance. I was stunned. I looked really good. My dark brown hair was pinned back a little and then the rest lay in perfect ringlets down to my chest. My gown fit me like a glove and my make up looked natural.

" You look beautiful, like always." Hermione laughed as she walked in and hugged me.

I hugged her back and pretended to check her out " Well Well Well, that is a very sexy dress..... who got you that??" I asked innocently.

" My bff did!" She said happily.

I laughed and stared at our reflection.

" We look sexy." Hermione stated.

" Yes, I do say we do." I smiled at her.

Hermione had her hair in an updo and had one curled lock of hair running down that fell on her shoulder. Her dress of course fit like a glove and she looked every bit as good as I did. I had some competition tonight.

" Are you ready?" I asked furrowing my brows.

" Not at all." She said looking extremely nervous.

" Me either. Let's go..." I said grabbing her hand and walking out the door before we could chicken out.

For once my mind wasn't full of Draco. It was full of nausea of what this night was going to bring. Will people like my dress? Will Petar stand me up? Will Draco notice me at all? Will Hermione steal all his attention?

I linked my arm through Hermione's suddenly needing human contact. I was feeling more nervous by the second.

I could hear Hermione start to hyperventilate.

" I...I don't know if I can do this." She said.

" What?" I asked

" I have to do the first dance with Viktor." She said squeakily

" I promise you as soon as I can... I will jump in right beside you with Petar." I said suddenly feeling calm. " We can get through this together."

Suddenly Everything hit me. So what if Draco liked Hermione. Who cares? Sure I have a crush on him.... well.... like him alot more than any girl should.... but I won't hold that against Hermione. She's my best friend. She helps me through things, girl things. If Draco likes her... he's a lucky guy. I can get through anything.... I'll get through anything as long as Hermione is there to help me.

I'll let go of Draco. I'll say my goodbyes. I won't obsess over a guy I can't have. Maybe I can love Petar or send an owl to that cute waiter.

I relaxed realizing what I was saying was true and a boost of confidence flooded through me.

" Thanks Ava!" Hermione said relaxing a little.

We made it to the entrance hall and smiled as I met the wide eyes of Petar. He was looking me up and down and bowed.

I giggled and watched as he reached for my hand. I gratefully took it and smiled at Hermione before I walked into the great hall.

Almost at once Rita Skeeter ran over with a camera man behind her taking pictures of us.

" So is this a way of showing the world your truely over Harry Potter? Or is it a way to hurt him and throw everything back in his face... what about making him jealous?" She said firing questions at me left and right.

" My lady vill not be answering questions right now. Ve are here to have a good time, please don't bother us again. Thank you." Petar said leading me to the front where a circle was gathered. It was where the champions were going to dance.

I could feel people staring at me and I heard a few wolf whistles. I smiled up at Petar as a thank you for telling Rita to go away and he returned it.

I watched as the music started to play, the champions then walked in with their dates in their arms. I looked proudly at Harry and Hermione. My friends look so good tonight!

I saw them all get in the position to dance. Harry looked like a nervous wreck as he grabbed Parvarti's waist. I laughed.

The classical music began to play and I watched as they danced elegantly.... well Hermione and Krum did. Harry... well... like I said.... he was awkward on his feet.

" Vould you like to dance?" Petar said with a twinkle in his eyes.

I smiled brightly at him and excitedly said " Yes!"

We were the first couple to join in and soon Dumbledore and McGonagalll joined in.

I looked through the crowd and spotted Draco checking me out. I sighed. Either this guy is the biggest player on the face of the planet or he just can't help himself. Yet...I still like him.

Petar was an amazing dancer... unlike Harry. Petars movements were so fluid and smooth. He made dancing look easy. It was hard to concentrate on anything while dancing with him. I stared into his eyes as we danced. At the end of the song he dipped me and I giggled. He really knew how to woo a girl.

An upbeat song came on and Petar and Krum shared a strange look that had me and Hermione laughing.

Petar and Krum started doing something in between the funky chicken and krumping. Hermione and I were laughing so hard. We tried to join in but we just about fell over from laughing.

" Where on earth did you learn to dance as crazy as that??" I asked happily.

" Krum and I made it up ven ve vent to a club.... ve vere drunk at the time...." Petar said blushing.

I laughed and said " Well I loved it!!"

Petar laughed with me and we went back to dancing.

Suddenly a guy came up to the microphone and said " Ok now it's karaoke time!! Who would like to come up and sing a little song for us!!"

Nobody made a move to go up.

" Oh come on don't be shy now!! Someone in here surely would like a go!" The guy asked excitedly.

Suddenly Hermione screamed while pointing at me" Ava would like to go!!"

I gave Hermione a death glare and I started hyperventilating.

I felt a hand grab my arm and drag me toward the stage.

OH FREAKING CRAP DOODLES!!!!

I stared at my fellow students like a deer caught in headlights.

" Ok Ava... what you you like to sing tonight."

Before I even realized I hadn't picked a song I said confidently " Disaster... by JoJo."

I surprised myself. I didn't know where that came from. I guess I picked that song cuz it reminded me of the situation I'm in with Draco except for the fact that we weren't actually together and that I didn't love him... just liked him... alot.

" Ooooh a muggle song! At least it's a good one!! Everyone give it up for Ava singing Disaster by Jojo!!"

I felt a microphone being shoved in my hand and suddenly felt calm. I will not look like a retard in front of my peers by stuttering and shaking like a coward. I will suck it up. Besides I can sing good.... Thats probably why Hermione made me come up here.

I heard the familiar intro come on from the song and started to sing only looking at the back wall, not exactly sure if I could look at people yet.

I'm trying not to pretend that it won't happen again and again like that

I never thought it would end, cuz you got up in my head, in my head like that

and made me happy, baby, love is crazy, so amazing

but it's changing, rearranging,

I don't think I can take anymore.

(Chorus)

Cuz the walls burned up and our love fell down

and it turned into whatever, now we're saying never,

Feel the fire, cuz it's all around,and it's burning for forever and always,

We gotta let it go and be on our way

and live for another day,

cuz it ain't the same, my baby

watch it all falling to the ground

No happy ever after, just disaster ooooh

I didn't want it this way, I only wanted to say, I loved you right

But now you're walking away, and leaving me here to stay,

So foolish of me to wait for you

To realize all the things I gave you, made you, changed you, your dreams came true

When I met you, now forget you,

Don't want anymore

Cuz the walls burned up and our love fell down

and it turned into whatever, now we're saying never,

Feel the fire, cuz it's all around,

and it's burning for forever and always,

We gotta let it go and be on our way

and live for another day,

cuz it ain't the same, my baby

watch it all falling to the ground

No happy ever after, just disaster

You shot the bullet, you shot the bullet that killed me

Not feeling my heartbeat, and I was dieing

I've been through it, I- I've been through the agony

and now my eyes are drying, trying, no more cryin

Liein's just a game

So disaster strikes

and I'm alright

cuz my love's on his way... yeah

Burning up forever and always, always... yeah, yeah, yeah

Cuz the walls burned up and our love fell down

and it turned into whatever, now we're saying never,

Feel the fire, cuz it's all around,and it's burning for forever and always,

We gotta let it go and be on our way

and live for another day,

cuz it ain't the same, my baby

watch it all falling to the ground

No happy ever after, just disaster

Cuz the walls burned up and our love fell down

and it turned into whatever, now we're saying never,

Feel the fire, cuz it's all around,and it's burning for forever and always,

We gotta let it go and be on our way

and live for another day,

cuz it ain't the same, my baby

watch it all falling to the ground

No happy ever after, just disaster

Just disaster whoa

We're burning up forever and always, always yeah yeah yeah'

When I stopped the song. I was please to see all of my peers staring at me in awe and screaming on the top of their lungs. At least they didn't hate me.

I quickly gave the guy back his mircophone and left.

" Whoa looks like hogwarts has enrolled a future singer! We'll have to keep an eye on this one! Now let's slow it down. " The man said

I leapt of the stage and made my way toward Petar so we could slow dance.

I smiled at anyone who was still gaping at me.

I got to Petar and we began to slow dance.

" I didn't know you could sing like that. You ver amazing." Petar complimented.

" I didn't know you could sing like that either." Draco said from beside me which made me jump.

" I thought she sounded like a choking bear." Pansy said snobbily.

I laughed " What exactly does a choking bear sound like?"

Pansy ignored me and went back to laying her head on Draco's shoulder.

" If your really vat a choking bear sounds like, I vould like to meet one." Petar said jokingly.

I laughed and layed my head on Petars shoulder so I wouldn't have to look at Draco and Pansy. The jealousy that bloomed everytime I saw them together was almost to much to bear sometimes.

The slow song soon became a fast song and Petar and I got funky.

When we got tired Petar offered to go get us some punch and I agreed.

I walked toward Ron and Harry who looked very put out.

I arrived just in time to see Hermione storm off.

" Geez Ron what did you do this time." I joked.

Ron glared at me and looked away.

" Ok...." I said awkwardly as I looked at Harry.

" You did an amazing job at singing, Ava." Harry complimented.

" Thanks Harry!" I said and then looked to Ron who still looked sour. He looked like something crawled up his butt and layed an egg. " Ron, take the stick out of your butt, it makes you cranky and no fun to be around."

I walked away from them and went to find Petar. I looked around and saw Hermione and Draco staring at me from the great hall doors.

I gave them a confused look and they smiled. I watched as Hermione winked at me and her and Draco sped out the door.

Me... being extremely nosy and curious didn't hesitate to follow them.

I ran out the great hall doors and looked around anxiously trying to see which way they went.

I saw Hermione's head peep around the corner and she giggled and ran off again.

I stood there dumbfounded. What is she playing at? What the crap is going on?

I quickly ran after her and saw her standing in front of a glowing door. Literally.... it was eminating a golden light... like there was lights inside. She smiled at me and beconed me with a finger.

I walked up to Hermione with a curious expression.

" What the crap Hermione?" I asked as I stood in front of her. "Why were you giving me those looks?"

" I was trying to lure you away from the ball! and it worked!" Hermione said proudly.

I stared at her with a WTF look.

Hermione chuckled and said " We will explain in here!"

" We?" I said as she shoved me through the door.

I stumbled through the door and stared around myself. I gaped. Hermione had transformed the broomcloset into a danceclub! There were colored lights everywhere which made the stone walls have an eerie yet awesome glow. There was a loveseat in the very back of the room.... She must have enlarged the closet to accomodate all of the furniture.... There was a fancy table with drinks and food on it, an expensive looking radio in the corner, and there were rose petals all over the floor.

" What in the...." I started.

I had been to busy looking at the room that I didn't notice the beautiful boy right in front of me. Draco.

Draco was holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers out to me and I gaped and awkwardly took them.

" Guys.... care to explain..." I said at a loss for words.

" We set this up." Hermione said proudly as she looked around at the beautiful room.

" Why??" I asked

" Because I asked her to." Draco said smirking.

" Why??" I repeated

" Because I like you." Draco said watching for my reaction.

I swear if I could have flown away I would have. My heart felt so light. I had only dreamed of hearing those words for what...2 years? This was like a dream come true. Despite me being euphoric at the words that came out of his mouth, I had to question them. This all didn't add up."

" But your going out with Pansy... and your sneaking around with Hermione..." I said fiddling with the flowers in my hand to avoid looking at them.

I heard Draco scoff, and I looked up to see his reaction.

" I really have no interest in Pansy at all, I'm only going out with her so you wouldn't think anything was going on with Hermione and I." Draco explained.

" Poor Pansy." I said sympathizing with her. I could afford to be sympathetic now...She was being played by this beautiful boy in front of me who had just told me he liked me.

" But... you said you weren't secretly dating?" I said to Hermione.

" We aren't." Hermione said rolling her eyes.

" Then why with the sneaking around!" I said sounding irritated. I hated not knowing things.

" Because we were planning this.... I could tell that Draco liked you alot so I confronted him. I asked him if he wanted to do something about his feelings and he agreed. When I read about the Triwizard tournament a few months ago... I saw that it was customary to hold a Yule Ball. So Draco and I brainstormed and thought that this was a great way to bring you two together!" Hermione said happily.

" But He was disappointed when you got a date... I heard you in the closet." I said

" I was disappointed in that because I knew if she had a date it would make it that much harder to set all of this up." He said signaling to the lights and such " If we had dates with us, we would have to be that much more careful, so they wouldn't know that we were missing and stuff." Draco said lazily as he watched me.

" Why would you help him?" I asked Hermione

" Because I see the way he stares at you." Hermione smiled

I blushed.

" And I see the way you stare at him. I wanted to make sure he was worthy of you too.... and I decided that he was. This is my gift to you. You got me a dress, and I got you a boyfriend! I leave you two lovebirds to it! I'm going tokeep Petar and Krum from being suspicious! See ya!" Hermione said happily as she turned on some music.

" Hermione!" I protested.

It was to late she already left and closed the door.

I stood there awkwardly for a moment and looked at Draco. I mean yeah I like him... alot... but I had no idea what to say.

" So.... you like me." I said feeling retarded, cuz he told me he did a few minutes ago.

He smirked and tried to keep from chuckling. " No shit sherlock."

I playfully glared and looked around the room. It was almost a bit much.

" I know what your thinking." Draco smirked " This is a bit fancy for a get to know each other thing... but... I'm not one to go for a normal way of things."

I laughed as I thought back on how Draco wasn't normal, he had mood swings all the time. I chuckled " Of course you wouldn't."

Draco seemed to realize that I didn't feel as tense as I did before and asked " Would you like to dance?"

I smiled and grabbed his outstretched hand " I would love to."

Draco pulled me in close. You'd think I would have felt awkward, but I didn't, I actually felt comfortable, like I belonged right there in his arms. I didn't even feel slightly awkward as I snuggled my head closer to him.

We danced quietly for a few minutes. Both of us to content to break the silence.

" You know Hermione and I were watching you for awhile." Draco said stilfing a laugh.

" What do you mean?" I asked genuinely confused.

" Hermione stole Scarhead's invisibility cloak from him so we could follow you around." He stated while shrugging.

" What.. Oh my gosh! I almost hit you with a bolt of lightning!" I almost yelled.

Draco laughed " Yeah you did. You scared the shit out of Hermione... I thought she was about to die on the spot."

" Why were you following me?" I asked curiously.

" I wanted to see how you were outside of class, without you knowing I was there." Draco said nonchalantly.

" Why didn't you just ask Hermione?" I asked.

" I wanted to know from first hand experience." Draco said in a duh voice.

I smirked at him and layed my head back down on his chest. I layed there just listening to the steady rythem of his heart.

After a few more minutes of comfortable silence I turned to look at him so I could read his reaction when I asked " Why do you like me Draco? I mean I'm everything your not supposed to like."

Draco smirked and his eyes held humor. He took my hand and led me to the pink loveseat in the back and said " Ahh, the dreaded question that all girls ask their boyfriends at some point."

" Your my boyfriend?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

I wanted more than anything for him to say yes.

" Only if you want me to be." He winked and put his arm around me.

I rolled my eyes and said seriously " Answer my question, why?"

" I don't know really. You are right. Your everything I should hate. Your the dark lord's daughter, I mean my parents follow your dad and all, but they wouldn't be to happy with you, and your friends with mudbloods and blood traitors, and the boy who lived. You used to date him too so that just makes it worse. Your a stupid Gryffindor. Your stubborn. Your demanding and tempermental. Your very tough, like a guy. More powerful than I am. I mean there should be no reason at all for why I am here right now." Draco said seriously.

My heart ached at every insult he threw at me. Each one was like another hit in the face. Ouch.

" But that won't change that I'm absolutely crazy about you." Draco murmured as he stroked my cheek.

I felt my heart stutter and the breath got stuck in my throat. I could no longer remember what Draco was saying before. All I could hear was him saying that he was crazy about me. I wanted to grab him and hold him to me, but I behaved and sat still.

" Your totally self-less, fiercely loyal to your friends and family, your fiesty, your sweet and kind, you're not a gossiper, you don't act like a slut, you don't have the mindset of most females, you have a way of wrapping everyone around your tiny fingers, not to mention you are heartbreakingly gorgeous, and you are more different than anyone I had ever met." Draco finished as he stared intensely into my eyes.

I was completely absorbed in his eyes and words that it shocked me when he laughed " Ok, enough of this mushy stuff, let's have fun!"

We had so much fun the rest of the night. I ended up telling him all the things I liked about him too, after I told him he looked so happy, you would have thought he won the world cup, or won a million galleons.

We danced crazily and got to know each other. We had alot in common actually.

We had alot of competitions. We would see who could dance the craziest or the sexiest. We also had a competition to see who could do the craziest and funniest dance moves with a straight face. We both lost that one, but it was by far the funnest.

Finally Draco put his arm around me and said " It's time to head down to the great hall, Hermione will be waiting for us."

I nodded in disappointment. I really wanted to spend more time with him.

We walked toward the great hall and we stopped beside the great hall doors.

" I had a lot of fun tonight." I murmured while taking in every feature of his face.

" Me too," he smiled.

" So where does this leave us?" I asked self consciously. I didn't want to sound pushy.

" Hmmm." Draco said stepping toward me, which made me step back against the wall.

Draco grinned mischeviously and murmured seductively " Well you could be my dirty little secret."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled " No seriously."

" Well If you want, you can be my secret girlfriend." he said wagging his eyebrows.

I understood that if we were going to have a relationship at all, that it would have to be secret. People would shun us if they found out we were together, not to mention his parents would give him the talk of a lifetime. We both decided that it was for the best.

" I'd like that." I said smiling crookedly.

He chuckled and put his arms on either side of my head and leaned closer to me.

I felt my heart speed up and my breathing hitch.

Draco chuckled, obviously seeing the reaction he got from me.

He hovered his lips milimeters from mine and murmured " You know we really should go inside the great hall.... Hermione is probably getting upset."

" Mmhmm." I said staring at his lips.

Draco chuckled and kissed my forehead.

I pouted and he smirked.

I watched him as he walked backwards towards the great hall and said " And this is where I leave my lady wanting more..."

I watched him leave with my mouth open. This boy affected me so strongly. I probably looked like a fool to him.

Then I felt as everything set in.

Oh.My.Gosh. I'm Draco malfoy's secret girlfriend!

I could've fainted at the thought.

I straighted out my dress and hair before I walked into the great hall a good minute after he did. I wanted to make sure that no one got suspicious.

I walked into the great hall to surprisingly see that it was empty except for a few couples still dancing, but mostly everybody was gone.

I turned and saw Hermione walk over to me and she smiled " So??? How'd it go???"

" Well he asked me to be his girlfriend... but it has to be a secret." I said smiling.

I looked around to see if I could see Draco. I saw him on a wall talking to Pansy. He looked very bored. He caught me staring and winked at me.

I couldn't help but smile back at him.

Hermione squealed and said " I told Petar that you got sick and had to leave, he was really worried.... oh and try to not make you liking Draco so obvious ok?" she added once she saw our little exchange.

I suddenly felt guilty. I told Petar I was going to the dance with him, and then I ditch him for another guy... wow, I'm a lousy person. He was such a nice guy too!

" Don't feel to bad..." Hermione said reading my expression " He still had a good time without you."

We walked out to the entrance hall and were about to leave until she heard Ron's voice.

I watched her turn around and glare at Ron when she heard his voice. She started to tear up and she yelled " Ron you ruined everything!"

I grabbed my head in my hands. I swear Ron really needed to learn how to handle Hermione.

" They get worse as they get older." Ron muttered to Harry.

I gave Ron a warning look but Hermione broke.

" Off to bed, both of you!" She snapped.

The boys quickly ran off to the common room.

I watched as a broken Hermione fell onto the stairs and tore her shoes off roughly.

I walked slowly up to her and sat down beside her. She started to cry and she layed her head on my shoulder. I didn't even bother to ask her what happened. She was the kind of person who prefered the comfort of presence, she would tell me what happened when she was ready.

I sat there rubbing her arm soothingly and shhhing her to try to get her to calm down.

It all got a lot worse as I heard a nasily voice say. " Wow you look terrible Granger. Are you always this snotty?"

I glared up at Pansy, only dimmly aware that Draco was beside her.

Hermione stood up and ran up to the common room leaving her shoes beside me.

" Was that really necessary?? Your so heartless Pansy! She was not in the mood for your shit!" I yelled at her.

" Why would I care how a mudblood feels." Pansy snarled.

I shook my head and picked up Hermione's shoes " Your not even worth my time Parkinson." I said venomously.

I turned around and was yanked back by my hair. I refused to cry out in pain. I grabbed Pansy's hadn and twisted it so she cried out.

" Don't you ever touch me again." I said in a terrifying voice that made her cower.

I glimpsed up at Draco to see that he was holding back a smile.

I automatically felt no anger. I guess seeing him made me happier and calmer.

I quickly turned around again and left for the common room.

Wow. Life is about to get a whole lot more interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

442K 13.3K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
288K 6.3K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.5M 49.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
918K 38.8K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC