Need the sun to break

By CruelSummerTime

Taylor (24) is a singer who is going to start working on her second album. Her first album was a success, ful... More

1. Swift
2. Let's talk
3. Be honest with me
4. New beginning
5. Personal matters
6. The couch
7. Karlie's moment
8. Twister
9. Jealousy
10. It's not easy
11. First date
12. The Party
13. More work, less love
14. Beers and sunsets
15. NDA
16. Breaking point
17. Time apart
19. 24 hours
20. Walls

18. Open heart

1.2K 85 28
By CruelSummerTime

Since her conversation with Cara Karlie decided it was time to face the truth: she wasn't fooling anything, not even herself anymore. Karlie and Taylor dated for eight and a half months and they have been apart for almost six months. Karlie decides that it is time to focus on her life again, she hasn't worked in all that time, the most she has done was going out with friends or sleeping with Toni but all of that didn't keep her from realize that she is still in love with Taylor. Probably it is the opposite, now the real situation is even harder to confront since for months she was numb but now she is feeling everything again. 

Karlie knows that she has done a lot of stupid things since the break up like mailing back Taylor's things or calling her like crazy when she saw her pictures with Harry. The singer was right that day, Karlie could have called her instead of mailing back all her things like that and also the fact that she went out with Toni a lot just to make her jealous and screw her a little bit. That wasn't mature, that wasn't Karlie at all and now she has to face the consequences. 

It is time to be a normal person. She starts to write songs again, most of them about Taylor and some of them about her own feelings and how she has dealt with everything until that moment. It isn't easy, writing means open her heart and let her feelings run wild, that's why she has avoided it for so many months but she felt a little more relieve after every song she wrote. She even started working with other artist like she had done in the past and it's only during this time when she accepted Selena's idea of working together on a song. Her friend had been asking her for one big song for years but Karlie didn't really like mixing friends with work more than necessary but she needed her friends around and maybe that was an opportunity to work and also bond even more with Selena. 

 Karlie  also started going to the gym again and spent time with her friends like Cara or Derek just to talk and hang out, no drinking involved anymore. The Toni issue is a little more complicated for her, going out with her ex is now part of her life and it distracts her from Taylor and her own feelings but she also know that she has kind of used her and doesn't want to really be that kind of girl. The problem is that to break up whatever she has with Toni she needs to give her a reason and she knows she is going to hurt Toni and that is the last thing her ex deserves. However one night Karlie had no option but to talk with Toni about her own feelings. 

Toni had gone to Karlie's place for dinner for Karlie is not really into the mood to be with her. She knew that they had to talk but she didn't seem to find the right time to tell her what she really felt about Taylor. 

-Stop... I can't do it- Karlie sighed when Toni started to kiss her on the neck. 

-What's wrong?- Toni asked worried 

-Me- Karlie said getting up and walking away from her. 

-What are you talking about- Toni asked not understanding what was happening. 

-Toni I'm really sorry but we have to stop this, I can't be with you- Karlie confessed, not wanting to make a big deal about that conversation. 

-But.. I thought... last months we were fine!- Toni said confused. 

-I know and I've tried to make it work but I can't Toni... I'm still in love with other person- Karlie said shaking her head. 

-I can't believe this- Toni protested getting up to face Karlie properly. 

-I'm sorry, I really am- Karlie apologized feeling really guilty. 

-I don't want to hear it Karlie- Toni snapped, it was not the first time that Karlie had broken her heart so she didn't want to see her again -you know what? fix your life and don't call me next time you need to play with someone.

-Toni come on I wasn't... I didn't mean to... 

-Stop ok?- Toni said really serious  -we are done, bye Karlie. 

Karlie saw how Toni left her one more time in her life but this time there was a difference, Toni was the heartbroken one and she was just standing there watching her leave feeling guilty while her mind still thought about Taylor. 

Karlie decided to take some days away  from work, the studio and even her friends. It was like she was trying to punish herself for playing with Toni in that way when she knew that they weren't a real thing this time and she was still in love with Taylor. The process of grieving this break up had been completely different from the one she had after breaking up with Toni the first time. With Toni she was able after a couple dark months to move on and have a normal life but now it was like she couldn't do anything without thinking of Taylor somehow. 

Karlie was laying on the couch with a blanket watching a movie a random night when suddenly the doorbell rang. She wasn't expecting anyone but maybe some of her friends were worried about her being locked at home for a couple of days and had decided go visit her. She got up and went to open the door but she didn't find anyone that she would expected to be in her place. 

-Can I come in?- Lily asked when she saw that Karlie didn't react. 

-Lily?- Karlie asked confused. 

-We need to talk Karlie- the producer said crossing her arms -can I come in?

-Yeah sure, come in- Karlie accepted shaking her head. 

-Thank you- Lily said walking inside the apartment when Karlie moved aside. 

-What brings you here Lily?- Karlie asked closing the door  -is something wrong? 

-You tell me-Lily said going straight to the point  -what is going on between you and Taylor? 

-What are you talking about?- Karlie asked trying to look surprised for that question even if she knew what Lily was exactly asking. 

-Don't play with me Karlie, we are grown up women and I'm sick of this situation- Lily warned her really serious. 

-Lily... 

-Stop ok?- Lily asked, she wasn't leaving that apartment  without discovering the truth -You two were inseparables from day one, when you were together you had a chemistry I have never seen before and the way she looks at you... and now it turned out that you don't talk to each other, you came to the studio and gave a lame excuse for not working together anymore and every time I say your name she looks angry and upset at the same time Karlie. 

-Like I told you months ago, we teaming up and writing wasn't working anymore so we decided it was the best to stop it and let her album flow without me- Karlie said looking away, she knew that she locked eyes with Lily she would discovered the lie. 

-Karlie maybe you two think that you can fool everybody with that answer but not me- Lily laughed -I'm not stupid. 

-Lily stop ok? Nothing happened- Karlie insisted. 

-Karlie do I need to remind you that I saw you writing together? I saw how happy Taylor was around you these past months and I've never seen her like that until you appeared in her life Karlie- Lily said being honest, she had worked with Taylor for a long time and she had noticed the difference between before Karlie and after her -and now I know that something is going on, you two had a fight or something right? because Taylor is all grumpy and sad and depressive even if she tries to hide it I can see it so there's two option here Karlie you can tell the truth or I can say it out loud and see how you react. 

-Taylor and I were dating- Karlie finally admitted after the longest minute of her life leaning against a wall. 

-I knew it!- Lily said excited. 

-Why are you here Lily?- Karlie asked sitting on the couch. 

-I want you to go and talk with her Karlie- Lily said sitting by her side. 

-Are you kidding me? This is all her fault Lily! She is the one who has to come to me- Karlie protested

-She miss you Karlie- Lily said trying to soft her attitude. 

-And I have to believe it just because you come here and beg me to do it?- Karlie said feeling frustrated. 

-Karlie... she started crying the other day at the studio and she didn't tell me why Karlie, I've never seen her cry before- Lily explained. 

-Lily don't do please ok?- Karlie asked, she wasn't ready to know the truth about how Taylor felt about her, it was easier to think that she was a cold heart girl that had forgotten her already. 

-Look I don't want to push you or stand between you two, the only thing I know it's that Taylor miss you and she only opened her heart to you, you were her rock, her person and you that you are gone she has no one to talk about her life or about her feelings- Lily explained, she wanted Karlie to believe her. 

-That's only because she wanted it that way- Karlie said being defensive. 

-Look Karlie I don't know what happened so I'm not going to defend Taylor's actions but she needs someone in her life and she doesn't have it, she is stubborn and proud and going back to you is hard for her for a lot of reasons but she really cares about you, I can see it even if she doesn't say it- Lily sighed. 

-I don't think she cares about me when she goes out with Harry- Karlie said, finally letting her emotions going out. 

-Do you care about her?- Lily asked. 

-Of course Lily- Karlie said being honest. 

-And you still go out with Toni, your ex- Lily snapped, that hurt Karlie because it came from nowhere. 

-It's different- she defended herself knowing what she tried to imply. 

-It's not, you care about her and you wanted to hurt her, maybe she is doing the same but even more stupid because her relationship with Harry is fake- Lily explained. 

-You know?- Karlie asked surprised, Taylor had worked really hard to make everybody believe they were real. 

-I've known about Taylor's sexuality for years Karlie, I can read every emotion when she sings a song so I know when they are real or not- Lily laughed, the only reason why she had never asked Taylor about it until those past few months was because Taylor seemed to have everything under control til Karlie. 

-I don't know if I can be with her anymore Lily, it's messy and complicated- Karlie sighed walking around the living room nervously-  and I really don't think that she has me in mind at all after all the last time we talk was pretty ugly. 

-Look Karlie if you don't want to believe me just believe the music- Lily asked approaching her and handing her a pen drive  -she has written a lot in the studio lately, by her own and this are the last two songs she has written, you need to hear them. 

-Lily... Karlie sighed not wanting to grab the pen drive. 

-Just listen, please- Lily asked one more time. 

-Okay- Karlie accepted sighing. 

Lily thanked her and after a few minutes she finally left the apartment leaving Karlie alone one more time. If Karlie was feeling upset before Lily appeared now she was feeling even worse. She spent hours looking at the pen drive which was over the table. Karlie knew she could erase from her mind the conversation she had with Lily that afternoon and try to keep her life going or she could plug the pen drive in the computer and hear the song. The problem was that hearing the song could break her heart all over again and she wasn't ready, according to Lily those songs were about her and she wasn't sure if it was a good idea to play them. She wasn't ready to make a decision so she left the pen drive where it was and went to her bedroom away from it where she could enjoy a movie. 

The truth was that she couldn't focus on the movie, her mind was still on the living room, analizing every word that Lily told her about Taylor and the pen drive. She tried to sleep but she spent hours rolling all over the bed from one side to the other. She was nervous and anxious and she was feeling worse every minute. Karlie finally got up and walked to the living room where she sat for some minutes in the couch and grabbed the pen drive. She took some minutes before finally making a decision, for worse or for better she was playing those songs. She plugged the memory on her computer and found two files with different names, she played the first one called 'All too well'. 

Karlie only needed to hear the first verse to know that the song where about them. The lyrics of the song hit Karlie's heart, every word was about them. Most of the song talked about the visit they did at Kimby's place when they weren't dating yet and that meant a lot for Karlie because it meant that Taylor cared about her from day one after all. But that wasn't all, Taylor also talked about their nights together and how they danced... and when Karlie thought it was done and she couldn't feel more heartbroken the last part of the song arrived. Taylor talked about how she knew she asked too much but also how scared she was when Karlie left, even her phone call after she saw her with Harry was in the song and Karlie understood that even if she was really hurt about those pictures she has teared apart Taylor with the call and her words. Taylor was really upset and heartbroken, there was no doubt about it and she wasn't the same anymore since Karlie left. 

Karlie didn't play the other song, she needed to do something first. She went to the small studio she had on her house and looked on a drawer for something she didn't email back to Taylor: her scarf. Taylor knew she still had it because it was true, it still smelled like her and it was a reminder of their relationship. Karlie went back to the living room with the scarf, in that moment she needed to feel Taylor close to her. She read the tittle of the next song 'I almost do' and doubted if she should play it. Finally after some minutes she pressed the play button. 

Taylor's voice sounded heartbroken in that song too, it was real. Karlie focused on the lyrics and she couldn't take it anymore, she started to cry. If that song was true, and it sounded like it was, Taylor struggled every day with her feelings about Karlie and fought not to call her one more time like it happened to Karlie. Those songs were really good, Taylor had learnt a lot since they started working together and all the emotions were there, their relationship was on those songs. 'You write the best songs when they show your real feelings' she told that to Taylor one day trying to teach her how to write songs more fluently. 

Karlie missed Taylor and the little she had moved on during those months were gone. She was stuck one more time at the beginning, in love with Taylor and not knowing what to do with her life. The problem was that even if those songs meant a lot to her and she had discovered how Taylor also felt without her Karlie couldn't go and talk to her like if nothing happened. It was Taylor's mess and she was the one who had to take the first step to fix it. Karlie turned off the computer and went back to bed still with the scarf on her hand. She laid down and let her emotions ran wild while she cried until finally she felt asleep exhausted. 

------------

Karlie had spent a few rough days after hearing those songs not working or going out with her friends. She had never been on a situation as complicated as that one and she didn't know how to handle it now that the singer was still in love with her. Finally she decided to go to the studio to work with Selena, her friend had finished recording their song together and wanted Karlie to hear the final cut since she insisted to make it a singe. Karlie wasn't expecting that news and she was excited about the idea, after all since she started working with Taylor none of your own songs had been on the radio so the idea of Selena singing one, a really special one so she accepted the proposal and went to the studio to met her friend. 

The destiny worked on a mysterious and funny way that morning because when Karlie was in the elevator and the door were closing a hand peaking into the elevator and opened the gates again. The moment Karlie lifted her eyes she locked eyes with Taylor Swift, her ex girlfriend, standing in front of her. Karlie freeze there not reacting at all, after months they were finally together. Taylor was also freeze but she finally reacted and walking into the elevator pushing one of the buttons. Karlie didn't want to over react but after the last few days her emotions were really sensitive and she couldn't contain herself in front of Taylor.

-This is how we are going to act now? Not even a polite hello when we run into each other?- Karlie snapped without thinking.

-Hello Karlie- Taylor said, her voice trembling a little bit now being able to contain her emotions either. 

-Wow that was really honest- Karlie said hurt because Taylor wasn't even looking at her. 

-Karlie what do you want me to say?- Taylor sighed finally turning to face her- it's been months, the last time we talked was that stupid phone call and... 

-You know why I called!- Karlie protested- I saw you with Harry again and... never mind. 

-I saw you with Toni- Taylor snapped hurt, she didn't know that Karlie wasn't hanging out with her ex anymore- you are happy so stop it. 

There's a silence between them, that morning the elevator seemed really slow. 

-I'm not with her anymore and at least I know you are doing fine without me, your songs are good- Karlie said after the silence trying to light the mood. 

-How do you know anything about my songs?- Taylor asked confused just went the elevator stopped. 

-Goodbye Taylor- Karlie said walking out of the elevator, their hands brushing on the process for a second. 

Karlie left the elevator and the doors closed again leaving Taylor alone on the elevator until it reached the floor where her studio booth was. She was shocked, she wasn't expecting to run into Karlie and that's why she reacted so weirdly but the thing it got stuck on her head was the comment about her songs so she walked straight to the studio where Lily was waiting for her. 

-Have you given Karlie any of my songs?- Taylor asked the moment she opened the door and saw Lily there. 

-What? I don't know what you are talking about- Lily lied. 

-Lily I just ran into her and she  told me the songs were really good and you are probably the only one who could show them to her- Taylor explained crossing her arms. 

-So what if I did it?- Lily asked admitting what she really did. 

-Why the hell did you do it?- Taylor yelled. 

-Because I'm tired of this situation Karlie- Lily admitted being honest- I'm tired of seeing you grumpy and upset and heartbroken, you are so unhappy and...

-Karlie has nothing to do with all of that- Taylor lied trying to hide her feelings. 

-Taylor you can lie to everybody else but not me, you are not dating Harry and you never dated him, you were with Karlie the whole time- Lily laughed which made Taylor even more angry- and I've seen the effect she has on you and how you are acting since she left. 

-It's complicated- Taylor said walking around nervously. 

-You love each other, what in earth has happened that made you broke up?- Lily asked curiously. 

-We had a fight- Taylor said after a long silence. 

-Look... I know you care about her and I can tell that she really cares about you too Taylor so maybe you should try to fix this, I'm sure she will try again with you if you ask- Lily advised her- just talk to her. 

-It's not that easy Lily, I'm sure she hates me after everything I did to her- Taylor sighed really sadly. 

-She doesn't hate you, at all- Lily assured her, she had seen how Karlie acted and talked about Taylor.

-I'm not sure...

-Just be honest with her, it's all she needs Taylor- Lily said hugging Taylor to relax her. 

-Did you really go to talk with her?- Taylor asked feeling exhausted. 

-Yeah... I care about you Taylor- Lily answered- I was worried about you and I knew it was about Karlie so I went to talk with her. 

-I don't know how to fix us, I messed up really big- Taylor admitted- I'm sure there's nothing I can say to convince her to try again.

-If you don't try you won't know it- Lily reminded her. 

-------------------

After the encounter on the Studio building Taylor had a lot to think about. Before she talked with Lily she was pretty sure that Karlie hated her but now she was confused. If Karlie didn't hate her why did she act that way? She was the one breaking their relationship and going out with her ex before Taylor could even left her house. However according to Lily she should be the one going after Karlie. She could understand that Karlie was hurt because she asked for too much with all the hiding and lying and she couldn't handle it but she was also not sure about how to manage it if they in fact got back together. 

Taylor was trying to figure out all this problems and her own feelings and even more important what would she say to Karlie if she gets her in the same room to talk about them. She was laying on the couch with the radio on when the radio speaker announced a new song that got her attention since she loved the artist and she got to know her thanks to Karlie. 

-And now we have an exclusive for you, we are going to play you Selena Gomez new song which is called Secret Love Song- a man announced. 

When you hold me in the street
And you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours

We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough

It's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face

But we know this
We got a love that is hopeless

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours

When you're with him, do you call his name
Like you do when you're with me? Does it feel the same?
Would you leave if I was ready to settle down?
Or would you play it safe and stay?

Girl you know this, we got a love that is hopeless

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours

And nobody knows I'm in love with someone's baby
I don't wanna hide us away
Tell the world about the love we making
I'm living for that day, someday

Why can't I hold you in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that we could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours, I'm yours

Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? Cause I'm yours

-Sounds like a hit right?- the man asked as soon as the song finished -we have no doubt that it will be number 1 in every country around the world. 

-Well if that happens she will have to buy dinner to her friend Karlie Kloss- a woman joked and suddenly it got Taylor's full attention. 

-Right! We haven't told you that the famous song writer Karlie Kloss is the master mind behind those amazing lyrics- the man exclaimed. 

-Oh boy... - Taylor sighed now understanding why she felt so identified with that song. 

-Look Selena you are a great singer but Karlie Kloss is a genius for this song! I can't wait to hear more of her work- the woman insisted. 

-She was working with Taylor Swift on her second album right?- the man asked and Taylor freeze where she was. 

-Yeah! I've heard her new single is about to drop so that sounds like a perfect mis right? Taylor's voice and Karlie's lyrics... we can't wait- the woman said excited. 

Taylor turned off the radio not wanting to hear anymore of it. She went back to the couch with her computer to look for Selena's lyrics and read it all over again several times. It was Karlie talking about them, about a lot of things she felt while they were together and it broke Taylor's heart a little bit more every time she read it. 

Taylor missed Karlie more than ever, her feelings were still pretty strong after so many months, she had never felt that way before in her life and the idea that Karlie could feel the same as her was really hopeful for her. Maybe Lily was right and it was time to try and make something different this time, maybe it was time to try to win Karlie back even if she wasn't sure how to manage it. 

----------

Taylor was standing in front of Karlie's front door suddenly regretting the idea once she had knocked on the door. Karlie probably hated her and going to her apartment could feel like too much.

-What are you doing here?- Karlie asked surprised to see her standing there. 

-Can we talk?- Taylor begged, her voice trembling, she was really nervous. 

-Taylor I don't think...

-Please it's really important- Taylor begged one more time and Karlie had to admit that she was intrigued by her presence there. 

-Okay- Karlie accepted- talk. 

-Can I come in at least?- Taylor asked locking eyes with Karlie for the first time. 

-I think it's better if we keep distance and stay here- Karlie answered really serious. 

-I miss you- Taylor said being honest and trying to soft her heart before a real conversation after months. 

-Don't do this please Taylor- Karlie asked shaking her head, she knew she wasn't strong enough to hear that. 

-Yes Karlie I'm going to do this because I haven't done it in I don't know how many months!- Taylor protested staring at her. 

-Nine months- Karlie interrupted her and saw Taylor's confused face- it's been nine months. 

-I should have come earlier Karlie, I really miss you, like crazy everyday- Taylor said getting closer to Karlie's body- but I'm scared not just because of the press or my career, I'm also scared because I'm falling for you more everyday, even if it's been nine months I'm really in love with you Karlie- Karlie sighed after that confession, her heart melting after finally hear some truth coming from Taylor- and... the thing that scare me the most is that I'm falling for you and you can leave me any minute, like you did- Taylor took a second before continuing- you told me you wouldn't ran or leave me but it's not true, you did it and I understand it. Since the day I met you I've waiting for you to leave me. People always get tired of me, of my life style and they leave me like you did and then I'm alone one more time and I feel like I'm just a sad old song, that's my life a sad song. 

-You are not a sad old song Taylor- Karlie said moving aside to let her in, after opening her heart that way Karlie knew they had more things to talk about. 

-I'm here standing at your door after everything I did to you and after nine months saying a lot of no sense things just because I need you back in my life and I'm trying to get you back because I admit it, I'm in love with you and you are part of me like nobody else has been before- Taylor couldn't contain a sad smile watching Karlie tilting her head trying to process all that information- don't you think it's sad? me standing here? 

-I think it's brave and sort of romantic- Karlie corrected her closing the front door- something you didn't really do when we were together. 

-I don't know why I'm even here Karlie, I want you back but I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, I don't even know why you are still listening this speech- Taylor admitted, her voice cracking.

-That's your biggest problem Taylor- Karlie protested getting her attention- your biggest problem is that you don't trust anyone around you not even yourself Taylor, believe it!- for the first time Karlie take a step closer to her body- believe that you can really win me back Taylor, believe that you can be happy and that everything can happen. 

-I was happy when I was with you- Taylor sighed nervous about how close they were after so much time. 

-Taylor I... I...- Karlie put some distance between them again and walked around the living room- I know I told you some nasty things too and I'm sorry for that- Karlie apologized knowing that she hurt Taylor's feelings too- but... I've tried a lot, and I wanted you to open your heart to me and talk about your problems but you always shut me out. 

-Sometimes I get so focus trying to do everything in my way that it's difficult to accept the idea that maybe I'm doing it wrong- Taylor admitted sitting on the couch that she has missed- and before you... I didn't even have to think if I was wrong but when you appeared I give up a lot even if you don't know it.

-I know you did- Karlie sighed, after all it was true, Taylor did a lot for her too, not as much as she wanted but a lot. 

-I know you hate me but... 

-I don't hate you Taylor- Karlie interrupted her- I tried but I can't hate you. 

-I just give me another chance with you Karlie, to prove you that I can do things right now- Taylor said getting up and grabbing her hand by surprise- I promise things will be different and I will learn how to manage a relationship like for real. 

-Taylor...- Karlie sighed feeling shaking chills all over her body when their hands touched. 

-Please- Taylor begged locking eyes with her. 

-Taylor...- Karlie begged one more time trying to clear her mind. 

-I know I was stupid Karlie and I should have come earlier but I really want this I really want you back- Taylor asked getting even closer- give me another chance, a last one. 

-I...I ...- Karlie wasn't sure about it, it was the last thing she was expecting that morning when she woke up- I don't know if I should... I... Taylor... 

-Okay I get it- Taylor said really hurt because of her doubts but she understood it- you have a lot of reasons to send me home and I deserve it because I was stupid and proud and I hurt you in the first place and I waited to long to prove you what I feel so I get it- Taylor made a pause hoping that Karlie would do something but she was still quiet- I'm sorry I bothered you coming here, I will leave and you would never hear of me again, don't worry. 

Taylor broke the contact between her hands and walked away trying not to cry until she was out of the apartment. She was about to open the door when Karlie finally reacted knowing that if Taylor left the apartment they were done for worse or for better and even if it was the craziest decision of her life, she still wasn't ready to say goodbye, at least not without a goodbye kiss. 

-Wait- Karlie said running after her and grabbing her arm to stop her from leaving the apartment, from leaving her-I...

-You?- Taylor asked. 

Karlie was looking for the right words but she knew she wouldn't find them so for once, she surrendered to her heart and dragged Taylor by the arm close to body. They locked eyes for a second before Karlie broke the distance and kissed her. It was probably a mistake and getting involved with Taylor again could finished like ward but she had to try it. After hearing Taylor speaking her heart out and saying that she was in love had been really impressive so she just kissed her deeply. 

---------------

-I missed you- Taylor admitted raising her head from Karlie's chest to kiss her jawline one more time. 

-It has taken you a lot to realize- Karlie snapped, she knew that having that conversation after sex wasn't the best idea but she couldn't help it to say it out loud. 

-I'm sorry- Taylor apologized one more time and moved to sit properly and look at Karlie- I just... this whole falling in love is new for me and... well the truth is that I knew that I was in love before we had that stupid fight but I was scared of admitting it to you. 

-You should have told me when you felt it- Karlie sighed. 

-Would it make a difference?- Taylor asked curious. 

-I'm not sure, there was too much going on- Karlie said being honest. 

-You know... there's a song I haven't showed to anyone, not even Lily- Taylor said wanting to show it to Karlie. 

-Why?- Karlie asked intrigued, if Taylor was changing topics so easily must be because the song was about her. 

-Because it's too personal- Taylor explained -Do you want to hear it? 

-If you really want to share it, I will- Karlie nodded. 

-Come with me- Taylor said getting up and grabbing a shirt from the floor. 

-Now?- Karlie asked surprised. 

-Please?- Taylor said with a pout throwing her another shirt. 

-Okay- Karlie accepted getting dressed and guiding Taylor to the living room- guitar? 

-I'm going to use your piano it's that ok?- Taylor asked. 

-Yeah sure, whatever you need- Karlie accepted sitting by her side on the bench. 

-It's pretty simple but you can take the credit for teaching me how to play it- Taylor smiled. 

-I'm proud of you- Karlie said kissing her cheek- go on. 

First notes of You are in love started playing. 

One look, dark room
Meant just for you
Time moved too fast
You play it back
Buttons on a coat
Lighthearted joke
No proof, not much
But you saw enough

Karlie was totally focused on Taylor even if the singer was focused on the keys of the piano trying to make it perfect for Karlie. It was a really personal song and she felt it was time to share it with Karlie to try to prove her her feelings were real. 

Small talk, she drives
Coffee at midnight
The light reflects
The chain on your neck
She says, "Look up."
And your shoulders brush
No proof, one touch
But you felt enough

You can hear it in the silence, silence
You can feel it on the way home, way home
You could see it with the lights out, lights out
You are in love, true love
You are in love

Taylor stopped playing, she was too emotional and couldn't finish the song properly so it's better if she stopped now, the important message was already there so she turned to lock eyes with Karlie. 

-So... what do you think?- Taylor asked blushing- it's not finished but it will. 

-I'm proud of you, it sounds really amazing- Karlie said with a small smile, she was proud of Taylor but at the same time she was also scared for what that song really meant for them.

-It's about you... you know it right?- Taylor asked. 

- I figured it out- Karlie nodded moving a little bit away from her. 

-Are you ok?- Taylor asked when she noticed that Karlie was tense. 

-Yeah.. I'm just... I don't know- Karlie said getting up when Taylor tried to grab her hand. 

-Karlie... I... this wasn't the reaction I was expecting- Taylor said being honest. 

-And what were you expecting Taylor? That you could came here sing a song and make me forget everything we lived? Everything I've been through these nine months?- Karlie snapped, she was still in love with Taylor but getting back together was a big step that she wasn't sure if she was ready to take after all she wasn't sure if the singer had changed or not- It's not that easy, I'm sorry but you broke my heart...

-You were the one who walked away- Taylor interrupted her. 

-Because your attitude!- Karlie protested- don't blame me for walking away when you were the one who pushed me in the first place. 

-Look stop ok? I don't want to fight- Taylor said relaxing her attitude and getting closer to Karlie's body. 

-I don't want to fight either- Karlie sighed. 

There's a silence between them, neither of them wanted to fight one more time, not now that they just started talking again but also they didn't want to walk away from each other either. It was Taylor who took the first step and kissed Karlie one more time. Maybe that would reminded her how good they were when they were together. Karlie knew that would only make it harder but she kissed Taylor back and let her feelings sink in. They quickly moved to the bedroom and tried to show what they felt using kisses instead of words. It was easier. 

-------------

One more time they were naked under the blanket. Taylor moved closer to Karlie to hug her really tight knowing that at some point they had to talk about what was going on between them. Taylor interlaced their hands together and decided that maybe if they started talking from the beginning they could fix everything, however there was still a question in her mind. 

-Karlie...

-Yeah?

-What did Lily tell you when she came to see you?- Taylor asked. 

-She wanted me to go and talk to you- Karlie explained- and since I said no she gave me two of your songs to try to change my mind... I heard them by the way, they are amazing, I'm proud to see that you don't need me anymore to write songs. 

-Maybe but I still prefer to work with you- Taylor said with a smile. 

-The songs were really good- Karlie insisted.

-But yet you didn't come to talk with me- Taylor sighed looking away. 

-It's complicated Taylor, we are- Karlie said sitting against the headboard. 

-I know but we are here right now right?- Taylor asked but she didn't get an answer from Karlie and somehow after everything they lived that day she knew what it meant- you want me to leave now right?

-To be honest? I have no idea- Karlie answered sadly. 

-You don't know?- Taylor asked confused. 

-My head and my heart are a mess right now- Karlie explained- I usually know how to act around you or at least I used to but now... I don't know Taylor I'm lost to be honest. 

-Just... do whatever you feel Kar- Taylor asked with a pout. 

-My heart it's confused Taylor, you know it, you appeared here after nine months saying all those nice things about being in love and wanting to start again with me and I don't know how to act or what to think or say Tay... it's the truth 

-I... I understand it- Taylor said, it had taken her a lot of time to realize what she wanted so it was normal that Karlie needed time too. 

-Really?- Karlie asked surprised. 

-Yeah... I told you I've thought a lot about us and you and me as individuals too- Taylor explained- so yeah I get it but I just want to ask you one last thing before I leave.

-What?- Karlie asked intrigued.

-Give me 24 hours- Taylor asked.

-What? 24 hours?- Karlie asked confused. 

-Give me 24, to prove you how much I want to be with you, to show you that I'm different now, you're more important for me and I want you to see it with your own eyes in case you don't believe me- Taylor begged her- please? Just 24 hours and later you can send me to hell if you want Karlie but just one more chance... 

-Taylor... I told you I'm a mess and I don't think it's a good idea we've been through a lot... 

-Please Karlie, one last chance... 24 hours- Taylor begged again locking eyes with her. 

-Okay- Karlie accepted after a minute of silence- just a day ok? 

-Thank you so much- Taylor said getting excited and jumping over the bed- I'm going to leave right now to get ready and to plan everything, sleep a little bit I will pick you on the morning ok? 

-Okay- Karlie accepted one more time surprised by how quickly Taylor hd gotten dressed and how excited she seemed. 

-I promise it will be great and you won't have a doubt about us in your head after this ok?- Taylor said leaving a last kiss on her lips before leaving the room- see you on the morning.

-Bye- Karlie said before Taylor disappeared from the bedroom. 

That was it, she had accepted the proposal and now she had to spent 24 hours with Taylor. It could be a great decision or the worst of her life, she still hadn't figure it out. The singer wanted to show her how much she had changed and even if Karlie was pretty sure that things still would be pretty much the same she decided to give her one last chance to prove it was true because at the end of the day she was madly in love with Taylor. 

-------------------

A/N: So... that's it! New chapter! Sorry it took me too long but I've been busy as hell!! We are getting closer to the end of this story so... we'll see how the girls end ;) this is not going to be easy at all! 

Thank you for your patience and all your support 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 5.1K 43
Kaylor au: Karie Kloss is an ex-model and Taylor Swift is a struggling musician who meet each other at the right place at the right time. Hope you e...
1K 56 11
Taylor Swift is a nerd, but what happens when the Queen B Karlie allows her into her little group? And will influences from a certain new boyfriend c...
3.7K 82 17
*Warning* in no way to I think this story is real. It is a fictional story that just happens to have real people in it. Description- "When you left...
144K 4.7K 30
When Karlie joins tumblr she discovered the Kaylor fandom, and she discovers something more than just a ship found in the internet, but also her undi...