7. Karlie's moment

It had been a couple of days since that day on the beach. The girls were on the studio, neither of them talked about the cute moments they had shared because it was showing how they care about it and somehow their feelings. Taylor didn't ask either about Karlie's ex-girlfriend, after she told that and Gigi explained she already knew it she decided to google her too. She discovered that her ex was a model called Toni Garn and Taylor had to admit that she was really hot. She was a lot like Karlie, blonde, blue eyes, tall... and they were a great good looking couples. Taylor discovered that they had dated for almost two years for all the photos she saw. She thought after Karlie told her that Toni gave her her things that they should had broken up a couple of months ago, but she was really wrong, Karlie and Toni's relationship ended a year before that conversation. She wanted to ask a lot of questions to the songwriter but she didn't do it, she knew what was to be asked about things you don't really want to talk about. It was late one night when she was laying on her bed, re-reading some notes and verses they had written together on the afternoon when she got a text.

Karlie: do you mind if we meet tomorrow at my place instead of the studio?

Taylor: sure, no problem at all

Karlie: it's just that I'm not feeling well since I arrived today, I think I have a cold

Taylor: it's okay for me Karlie, you know I like your apartment, it's cozy but if you need time off to rest and recover we can have the day off

Karlie: no no, the distraction would be good for me

Taylor: see you tomorrow then :) have a good night and get better

Karlie: thank you :)

The truth was that Karlie really had a cold but nothing too serious, she could have gone to the studio but she really wanted a quiet time at home with Taylor. The last few days in the studio had been productive but also a little weird between them. Karlie had noticed how Taylor was tense in the car and how she kept looking between her eyes and lips but she didn't make any move, Karlie didn't do it either even if she wanted to kiss her too after the sunset on the beach but that didn't seem like the best idea between them. Their 'not date' at Venice was reveling for her, Taylor really felt something for her too, the girl couldn't hide it so now all the responsibility of stopping it was on Karlie's shoulders. However the songwriter knew that at some point she would leave her walls fall and she wouldn't stop it anymore. Taylor flirted with her and she flirted back, there were a lot of looks and smiles which melted Karlie's heart and how nervous Taylor seemed around Karlie lately was also lovely for her. Even with all of that, her friendships was stronger everyday they spent together.

Karlie didn't spent the best night of her life with that cold but when woke up the only thing that cheered her was that Taylor was going to the apartment and would have her some company. She opened the door and found a smily Taylor with a bag on her hands. The singer brought her home made soup for her cold and also some donuts for breakfast just because she had discovered Karlie's love for donuts. Having Taylor's attention was very satisfactory and she couldn't complain about it, it was good to have somehow around taking care of her. Usually Karlie was at her table or her piano working with her notebook but that day she moved to the couch, with a blanket wrapped around her. She was writing some stuff when she raised her head and found Taylor staring at her.

-What?- Karlie asked.

-I was thinking....

-What?- Karlie asked when Taylor didn't finish her phrase.

-It's stupid, never mind- Taylor said dismissively.

-Come on, what?- Karlie insisted.

-I was looking at those shelves and I was thinking if maybe... can I heard some of your songs? One that nobody had listened before?- Taylor finally asked.