Heart Of Darkness >> Te...

Door writtergirl2

Anna Hale is back and ready for some sort of normalcy in her life, while fighting off whatever comes to the b... Meer

Preface
Anna Hates High School
Derek Does Not Approve
Anna's Social Life
Uncle Peter And Little Annie Making Bets
The Hunter and The Hunted
Stiles And His Virginal Problems
Barely Breathing
Not Going Down Without A Fight
Twisting The Knife Into An Already Bleeding Heart
Fixing Broken Ties
Better Than A Baseball Bat
Still Breathing
Last Chance to Live
Haunted Thoughts
Epilogue
Blame Peter
Anna Throwing Sass
Kidnapped Kira
Problem With Black lights
Security System Failure
Missing In Action
Unorthodox Behavior
Author's Note
Nefarious Plans
The Trickster Attacks
Bad Plans In Action
Guns Out
Illusions In The Mind
Danger Still Lingers
The Return of Cousin Miguel and Margarita
Enemies Turned Friends
Final Battle Calls
Epilogue
NEWS

Meeting Malia

2K 65 6
Door writtergirl2

Chapter 9

I was awoken by someone pounding on my door. I was asleep on the couch with a book laying on my lap, Derek usually made me go to bed when I started dosing off while reading. I hope we could get him out of jail soon.

I threw the blanket off of me, I pulled my boots on and ran a hand through my hair, the pounding kept going. "Hey calm down, I'm coming!" I bellow. I grow my claws on one hand and grab the door handle with another. "Calm down what are you some wild animal?" I call again.

I shove the door open, and I come face to face with a young girl my age with long brown hair with waves like mine, dark eyes, that look almost familiar and familiar features I've felt I've seen before.

"Who the hell are you?" I ask after the initial shock of seeing this somewhat familiar face.

"Malia Tate, are you Anna Hale?"

I narrow my eyes at her and cross my arms. "Yes, and who the hell sent you to my door because you certainly are not a girl scout and I don't remember buying any cookies." She's obviously a werecoyte her scent is strong but a bit repressed.

"Your boyfriend Stiles, I was with him at Eichen House."

The hairs on the back of my neck stood straight up and my blood boiled."What do you mean with him?"

"I helped him find some answers, and he told me to get you this information, after what happened to him."

"What happened to Stiles?" I demand.

"The nogistune took over." My gut pinches and I grab onto the wall to steady myself.

"I have to go find him." I state.

I stand up and go to stride past Malia, when she grabs my arm. "Wait,I have something you need to see first, it could help you."

I pull back my arm. "What is it?"

She pulls the long wrapped object off of her back and holds it out to me. I take it. I look at her. "Come inside, with me."

She turns and follows me. I sit on the couch and place the object down on the table. "There was also this." She places an old photograph down on the table, and the first thing that draws my attention is that the young girl in the picture is a spitting image of Kira.

I turn the picture over and see that it is from 1943. I put the picture down, and I unwrap the narrow object.

It's a sword. "We found these buried in the wall, at Eichen near a backwards number 5.

"The Kanji for self." I mutter. I pick the sword back up. "I need to get these to Scott now." I get up picking up the the objects and re wrapping the sword.

I look again at Malia. "Thank you but it's probably not safe for you to be around me at this moment if the nogitsune is on the prawl."

Malia stands up. "Good luck."

I nod. She leaves, I grab Derek's car keys and head over to Scott's. I was worried as hell about Stiles and I couldn't help but think Malia look so damn familiar for some reason, like something about her was familiar, like why did it look like we have the same nose?

+

I was called down to the police station because the charges against Derek and Argent were dropped. I went down to pick them up.

I walked in as they were getting their stuff. I put a hand on Derek's shoulder. He turned his head and gave me a small smile. I smiled when I saw him. I nodded my head at Argent, who was quarreling with Parrish about his werewolf prod.

"Sorry, but I can't let you walk out with this. It's way above the legal voltage limit." Parrish points out.

"I only use it for hunting." Argent defends while sending an awkward glance toward Derek and I. We both glare at him.

"Yeah,well, I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump-start a 747."

"This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped. Although, I'm not exactly sure who's responsible for that." Argent snaps.

Sheriff walks up behind us. "I am. I'll take care of this, Parrish."

"Sheriff,I'm not kidding. This thing's a few watts from behind a lightsaber."Parrish points out.

I cock my head at Argent and narrow my eyes. He looks down at my glare.

Sheriff picks up the prod. "I said I'll take care of it."

+

Sheriff brings us into his office I'm standing on the left side of Derek while Argent is on the other side of him, we all face Sheriff.

"The specialist I saw in LA told me the thing that every doctor says when he's trying to avoid a lawsuit. 'We can't say for sure.' And then I spoke to Melissa," Sheriff reaches under some papers and pulls on brain scans.

"These are brain scans. My wife's and Stiles'." He hands them to me, Argent and Derek look at them with me.

"I knew they were similar. But those are the same. Exactly the same." I place them over top of each other and they line up perfectly.

"And I'm guessing this isn't possible?" Derek comments.

"Not even remotely." I reply.

"So the trickster is still playing tricks." Argent supplies.

I put the scans back down on the desk.

"But why this trick?" I inquire.

"When I was in the Army, an officer told me, 'if you want to defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage. You take away their hope.'"Sheriff answers.

"You don't look like a man who gives up hope easily." Argent points out.

"But Stiles might." I cringe and clench my fist, we can't lose him we have to do something.

Derek looks down.

"If this thing inside him, if it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick, then this isn't just a fight for his body. It's also a fight for his mind. Right?" Sheriff comments.

"You know, he's left people severely injured." Argent points out. I glare at him.

"And others severely dead, he even went after Anna." Derek deadpans.

A growl forms in my throat, which Derek takes as his warning to shut up.

"That's why I need the three of you. I need people who are experienced in this kind of thing. I need you to help me stop him." Sheriff states.

Derek and I look at each other.

"And by stop him, you mean trap him." Argent clarifies.

Sheriff nods and gives Argent a warning look as he holds out the werewolf prod.

Argent takes its. I turn to look at Argent. "Trap him, don't hurt him."I snap.

+

We drove to Argent's apartment to pick up the nonlethal weapons Allison had.

I sat in the car with Derek my hands staying clenched into fists, my gut was pinched and I just wanted this whole situation over.

"You okay?" Derek's voice cuts in to my panic.

"Yeah, besides the fact that my boyfriend is being possed by a psychotic fox, I'm swell." I snap sarcastically.

"A, I know, this is scary but we can figure this out, I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." I reply.

+

We followed Allison into the office area where there was ropes and chains all laid out on the desk.

"This is everything non-lethal I could find." Allison informs.

"Take all of it." Argent dictates.

Allison grabs a bag, and we start putting things in the duffel bag.

"What's the plan here?" Sheriff questions.

"Our best shot right now is for Derek and Anna to try and pick up Stiles'scent at Eichen House. Especially if he went through something stressful there." Argent explains.

"Should all five of us be going to the same place?" I cut in.

"Where else has Stiles been showing up?"

"School, the hospital." Allison answers her father.

"Okay, hold on. We did this already. He disappeared. We started looking for him. Then walked right into a trap at the hospital." My brother cuts in.

I let out a sigh. "He's getting us to repeat the same moves." I add.

"So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?" The huntress asks.

"We can't. Not if the oni find him when the sun goes down." I supply.

"Scott's working on that now with Kira." Sheriff adds.

"That's the problem. We're all trying to outfox the fox." Argent comments.

We all bow our heads trying to think of a solution.

"Listen. I'll understand if anyone wants to back out." Sheriff states.

Derek and I share a look. Hales don't run away.

"I'm not gonna be the first wolf to run from a fox." Derek states. I smile at him. He grabs a taser and shoves it into the bag.

"Apparently I'm carrying a lightsaber." Argent mutters.

"Let's not use that, unless you want me to show you something that it can be used for that wasn't in the movies." I comment sending a warning to Argent.

He rolls his eyes but nods.

"Dad, you Anna and Derek hit Eichen House. Sheriff it's you and me in the hospital. We all meet in the school." Allison orders.

We all shuffled out, and headed off to try and find Stiles.

+

Sheriff had called us and told us he had a sighting of Stiles in their house. We all rushed to meet them there.

But when we got there, there was no Stiles.

We all gathered around the the chess board. "What is all this? What are these sticky notes for?" Argent questions.

"This is what Stiles used to try and explain to me about all of you."Sheriff explains while sending us all glances. I remember this was the day I tried to beat Aiden's ass.

"Well, maybe it's a message from Stiles. The real Stiles." Allison suggests.

I pick up the piece that is knocked over, it has Isaac's name on it.

"You think there's any reason my name's on the king?" Derek questions.

He and I used to play chess with Peter when we were younger I look at the board.

"Well, you're heavily guarded. Though I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate." Sheriff replies.

I stare down at the board placing Isaac's piece back down. "It's not a message from Stiles, it's a threat from the nogitsune." I state my voice with a hard edge to it.

"He's at the loft. That's what he's trying to tell us." Allison points out.

"And he wants us to come there." Argent supplies.

"Night's falling." Derek adds.

"This couldn't sound anymore like a trap." I mutter.

"I don't think it is." Sheriff says.

I look towards him. "I think your opinion might be slightly biased, Sheriff." Argent comments.

"Hear me out. What we're dealing with here is basically someone who lacks motive. No rhyme, no reason, right?"

"Meaning what?"

"Our enemy is not killer. It's a trickster. The killing is just a by-product."

"If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling to confident about that." Derek states.

"It won't. It wants irony. It wants to play a trick. It wants a joke. All we need to do is come up with a new punch line."

I look at Sheriff. "The sun is setting. What do you have in mind?"

+

The plan was to capture Void Stiles. Sheriff and I would go in first to try and see if there was a shred of Stiles left in him currently. If not then Derek, Allison and Argent would use nonlethal force to capture him until we found a clear solution to fix this mess.

Sheriff and I walked in side by side, he had a pair of handcuffs in his hands. The door to my home was pushed open. Stiles turned around to look at us.

 "Hi, guys."

X

Hey guys, I'm so happy to be posting this I'm starting the next chapter soon, I really want to finish up this season the next few episodes are always my favorite.

So we had Anna and Malia meet for the first time what do you think their relationship is going to be like? 

Any predictions for the next few chapters?

All for now love you all comment, vote, follow :) 

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

357K 13.6K 46
𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 | alyssa hale g͏e͏t͏s ͏m͏o͏r͏e ͏t͏h͏a͏n ͏s͏h͏e ͏b͏a͏r͏g͏a͏i͏n͏e͏d ͏f͏o͏r ͏w͏h͏e͏n ͏s͏h͏e r͏e͏t͏u͏r͏n͏s ͏t͏o ͏b͏e͏a͏c͏o͏n ͏h͏i͏l͏l͏s...
282K 5.6K 40
Brooklyn 'Brooke' Hale had fled the small town of Beacon Hills six years ago when she thought she lost all of her family in a tragic fire. However, w...
32.8K 1K 24
Humans think she's the niece of a cop, who's parents were tragically killed. The Argents think she's one of them. And a select few in Beacon Hills th...
2.6K 94 30
Months later after the Kanima and her mother's death, Casey is back in Beacon Hills to start off her freshman year at Beacon Hills high school. But t...