A Spiders Web * Under constru...

By dreame07

Nishelle Palmer is not your average teen girl. Facing Life threats, changes each day, and having to hide dark... More

A Spiders Web- Prelude
Chapter 2- Friend in Need
Chapter 3-Good Day Gone bad...Again
Chapter 4- New beginnings
Chapter 5-Something's Lurking..
Chapter 6-Truth's Revealed..
Chapter 7- To BE or NOT to be
Chapter 8- Things Change..
Chapter 9- A Second Chance?
Chapter 11-The Weekend
Chapter 12-Let The Games Begin..
Chapter 13-Keeping It On The Low..
Chapter 14- Accomplice
Chapter 15- Losing Focus
Chapter 16- News
Chapter 17- The Unexpected
Chapter 18-The Best Revenge is...
Chapter 19-Insecurities
Chapter 20- When Things Become A Mystery
Chapter 21- When Things Go Up
Chapter 22- Heart's Moved
chapter 23- Plans And Secrets
Chapter 24- Graduation
Chapter 25-The Wrong Things To Say
Chapter 26-The Run In
Chapter 27- Unexpected Deliveries
Chapter 29-The Aftermath
Chapter 30-Emotional Ties

Chapter 10 -When Fires Blaze.....Things Glue

4.5K 135 39
By dreame07

Nishelle

A few weeks has gone by since i seen Lindsey. I guess it all had to do with me pushing my grandmother to get her and have her stay with us. Like myself gma thought that Mona needed some time to re cooperate after the disappearance of Katrell and the incident that occurred between myself and him. Like my grandmother said Mona is stubborn and that was just how she acted to her suggestion on taking lindsey for a while. It wasn't like my gma was trying to get full custody of her....at least not yet. My grandmother had went to talk to my mother about the idea and my mother flipped a ham and a hock and cursed her out for no reason!. I know my mother to be crazy but the way gma told me she was acting was a bit far from normal. She said she had looked thinner and her face was changing. She wasn't even giving gma her full attention. It was as if her mind was on something else and she wasn't still for nothing. My mind raced a million miles trying to figure what all has been going on with her. I was tempted to ask Dre to watch my mother and see if there was any thing out of the norm. But as quickly as i thought about it the quicker i dropped it. I did not want Cordell in my business trying to be captain save a family. He has been trying everything to be close to me and get on my good side permanently. I just wasn't having it yet. Remember i'm making him sweat for his little title back. Although Dre was loyal to me i knew he is more loyal to his brother and he would have told him.

All day in school i was getting this eerie feeling. I couldn't shake it for nothing. I was in class and i was spaced out. My stomach was up and down and it wasn't just my baby causing it. I couldn't even tell you what Mrs. Matthews was saying. It seemed like my thoughts were clouding everything in one moment. Nyla has class with me and quickly took me out my thoughts throwing a piece of paper at me to get my attention. I quickly looked over to her who was sitting a row next to me, like she was crazy.

"What did you do that for?" I said whispering.

"Pay attention! Get ya head out the clouds! You know we need to be on Mrs. Matthews good side."

I slightly laughed thinking about the incident she is referring to two weeks ago.

FLASHBACK

"Ms. Palmer and Ms. Thomas See Me after class IMMEDIATELY!!!!" Mrs. Matthews yelled out looking more heated than a heating pad. She was panting and heaving holding her chest, trying to regain herself back to normal breathing. The class was in an uproar of laughter.

((END OF FLASHBACK))

Nyla and i wanted to have some fun. So we thought of "great" idea one day to mess with Mrs. Matthews OCD with order and placement. We got the whole class to join in on the prank. We decided to re arrange everything on her desk and in her class room and then changed every ones seat and had everyone sit anywhere but not in their normal seat that she had us assigned to. She walked into class and almost had a heart attack. The class then went into an uproar of laughter seeing Mrs. Matthews face change different expressions from confused to panic to all out crazy!. How you asked we got caught? Well by accident Nyla and myself got too happy that we pulled it off, hi- fived each other and did our dance in the middle of the classroom. We did our dance we do together when we win or have something accomplished. She easily picked us as the culprits. The worst thing we got for it all was to put everything back in order the way we found it and a week in detention. But seeing we needed to graduate we had to work back on Mrs. Mathews good side. Boy was that day funny as hell though!. Hey this is what seniors do!

"Im tryna pay attention i'm just getting a funny feeling." I said back.

"Whats wrong something with the baby?" She automatically questioned.

"No with Lindsey like i don't feel right......"

Mona

"No!!!!! No!!!!! No!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!" i said to myself panicking, looking across the street on to the burning building that i once called home. I wanted to go rushing into the building but there was no way i was going to let the cops know i left Lindsey alone!!!! Cop cars ambulances and Firetrucks bombarded the block now. How could i have done this!!!!!! That high wasn't that important but i just couldn't help it!.

I know you are wondering whats been going on with me. Honestly speaking after Katrell came home that night Nishelle left, we got into a huge argument which lead to him beating my a** in front of Lindsey and him running off somewhere not even to return. I was at a lost for words!!! I thought he loved me! I immediately went into hatred of my daughter Nishelle. It was her fault all this sh*t was happening and my life was spiraling down the drain in the first place. I ain't wanna hear Katrell Molesting and raping My daughter! It was sick! and i knew He wouldn't do it!!!! Part of me wanted to believe her and then it quickly faded with memories clouding of her tryna take every man after my husband died away from me. So i put it as another one of her antics to run someone away from me. At that she claimed the bastard child she was carrying was by Katrell?

 NO. The buck stopped once i kicked her a** out my house. I thought by doing so katrell would come back. I tried calling him and nothing. Haven't seen him since. Feels like i'm alone as always. I had a friend of mine i met in a bar not too long ago. His name is Gary. We hit it off well. I mean man can lay it down! Not to mention he is the one that got me into this drug called "black beauties" i don't know the real name, but it's good!. One night i was at an all time low. He came over and told me to take this white stuff and drink it down. He said it would calm me and so i did and have been hooked since. Gary is my man and my pusher now and i even had him move in a few days ago so i could have him 24/7. He left out this morning for some business he ain't tell me about but i needed to go to the store and get me a new lighter. I aint wanna take lindsey so i left her home and told her to watch my rice cooking. I love my baby girl. She bad sometime but i love her. I hope my baby ok!! I cant think right now i gotta go find Gary.

"i messed up! sh*t!!" i said putting my hands on my head and then running off the block. I needed to lay low! For a while i'm not going to jail! How am i gonna get my Black Beauties?

Unknown

This weather is the perfect weather! Miami is where its at. I may contemplate on living here. Perfect place to clear your mind and think of a master plan. She ain't ready for what ima do to her and her big mouth "perfect actin" a**. I got something for that. I left something close to her. I aint really want her anyways. I beat ha a** then bounced. I just needed her as a decoy for my plan. I miss that little girl tho. Once i break from here ima off her sister and her mother and be out. Just me and lil mama. I got something for them goons too. Thought they could scope me. They aint think i was scoping them tho. I have my ways. I'm smiling just thinking about how and when this will all go down. Just when you least expect it.

"Karma is beautiful". I lightly laughed while getting top from this broad i met down at the casino.

"Miami!! Sweet Miami!!!"

Cordell

Man i've been trying my best to get Ni on my good side. She so got damn stubborn. Sh*t get annoying sometimes how she be playing me and think it's funny. The other day after school her and her girls was standing outside on the school steps and saw me or so i thought. They was smiling and giggling, Shell included and pointing in my direction. So i'm like bet she want me otherwise she and her girls wouldn't be making them gestures and looks at me. I just knew they was over there talking it up about me. I get over there and me feeling myself i go to put my arm over shell shoulder.

"Yall over here talking about me! I mean what can i say shell got a good one." i said smiling.

Shell threw my hand off of her and straight played me.

"Boy bye we was talking about Jonathan over there." She said pointing in his direction where i just stood.

Her girls then began raving over him. I had rolled my eyes.

"Sorry homie" she said smiling and looking at me. I know she still love me the way she looked at me. She playin hard. I love her though even when she wanna act a certain way round ha girls. I wasn't sweatin it. Ima let ha have that because when i get a hold of her again she aint gonna be thinking about nobody else. She gonna be callin my name all the time! I'm determined. Mr. flyee Williams don't stop.

I was chillen at the trap with my brother, Chino, and my boy Skittles. These my only niggas i deal wit even tho i don't trap. But i love my boys they like my brothers aside from Dre. They been by me for a while. Loyal niggas is what i call it and they aint shown nothing else. We was chillen in my brothers office slash chill spot watchin a game and talking.

"Yo If melanie wasn't wifey i'm telling you dawg in Club One that night Olivia coulda got it chino! shawty was A1!" Dre said.

"Nigga Bunz you know even if opportunity was to present itself you STILL wouldn't! You Williams Niggas catch feelings too quick wit women!" Chino replied.

"Chino Sh*t talkin cuz he wit Jazmine and she got him by the a** cheeks and scrotum so nigga what chu talkin!?" Dre retorded back.

We all busted out laughing.

"That's very well true." I said agreeing wit my brother. Jazmine was a spit fire. It definitely trickled down to her sister Jamyis. Anything Jaz say go wit Chino. He love that girl.

"Man F yall" Chino yelled back. He knew it was true thats why he tight.!

Skittles blurted in "Well seeing i'm the only Don Won nigga out here supermanin these hoes i think i should be talking about Olivia. Where she at let me meet ha!"

"She aint gon want ya skinny young colorful tall a**!" Dre replied playfully.

Skittles got his name from one of Dre's workers Pop O. He said nigga always got a bag a skittles in hand and he even dress wearing mad colors all the time. Which was the truth. You could catch skittles in bright red levi's with nike galaxy Foamposites and a Royal blue polo shirt. Anything bright just think of skittles.

"You just hatin cus i can bag em quicker than a bag of "white" " skittles replied back.

"yo wassup wit you and my lil sis tho?" chino asked me.

"Man she forgave me but she making me earn my what she would call it "boyfriend" title back." I said making the air quote gestures.

"Man do whatever you gotta do to win her back. She a good girl man you take care of her. Or ima bury you 6 feet real talk" Chino replied threatening me. I wasn't scared of his threats even tho He is straight killer in these streets. He could make a lil 9mm act like a Ak-47 in a heartbeat. Dude was nasty with it.............ok yeah i am a lil afraid of him. But i wasn't gonna let him know that. Just as i was about to reply to chino my phone rung. it was Nishelle. That was a surprise. Maybe she decided giving up this whole act she got going.

"Hey wassup"

"Dell i need you please.....please come" Nishelle said crying into the phone. I automatically went into panic mode and jumped up ready to be at her aid. Dre and them all looked at me like i was crazy.

"Whats wrong!?" Where you at!? i said frantically.

"It's Linsdey....She's....She's in the hospital...... just please i need you. i don't care about the break anymore.....i just need you to come be here." she said crying hard.

"Ok i'm on my way. What hospital!!?"

"Emory...."

"Im coming. Sit tight"

As i was getting ready to bounce in my car, Dre got a call from one of his workers about Nishelles house on fire.

Man This couldn't be good.......

Nishelle

I sat in the hospital waiting room shaking. My grandmother tried to calm me for the sake of my child but i was a wreck. They wouldn't allow us to go in. They just straight rushed her into a room. Iv'e been crying hysterical. We just got here. I wanted to know what was going on. Gma was off today from work. She had got me from school today. She wanted me to run with her on some errands and do grocery shopping before heading home. Not even ten mins of driving from pulling off my school grounds gma gets a call from the hospital saying A small child by the name of Lindsey Anderson was found abandoned in a building fire. A man told them she was the grandmother of Lindsey Anderson and to notify us. It had to have been one of Dre's workers watching. My grandmother almost lost it at the wheel. We hurtled off heading straight to the hospital they said she was at. 

They just brought her in. We were waiting from the doctors to hear what happened. All they said was that there was a fire and they rescued her from it and that she was alone. I couldn't believe my house was on fire and my sister was there. They didn't give all the info because apparently its now an investigation being that a child abandoned was involved. What i was trying to understand was where the hell was mona's a** and why did she leave Lindsey and not take her with her! I was fuming and scared all at the same damn time. My grandmother consoled me. A few mins later Cordell and the whole entire crew came busting out the elevator looking both ways till they found me.

"Im here baby." Cordell said running to my aid.

 got up and hugged him so hard. I lost it after that. They tried calming me down but i only was hearing Cordell. His voice has always been one that could get me back to my right state of mind.
As we sat there Cordell holding me and Brienne and the girls right next to me, the doctor came out.

"Are you the family of Lindsey Anderson?"

My grandmother and i replied at the same time "yes."

"And who is the caretaker of her?" The doctor asked.

"I am. Now can you tell me what is going on? Wheres my grand baby and is she ok?" My grandmother said getting agitated.

"Sorry ma'm just protocol. But Lindsey was in a severe fire that almost cost her her life. From what was told the fireman rescued her from the third story of the building. They found her bleeding at the temple of her head unconscious, on the living room floor near a table where it appeared she hit her head. I guess trying to find her way out."

At that moment i really lost it. I jumped from off of Cordell's lap trying to head to wherever demanding i see her.

I need to see her NOW!!!!!! I WANT MY SISTER!!!!." I screamed.

Cordell quickly grabbed me by my waist pulling me back.

"Let them do their job bae she's gonna be ok!. She's gonna be ok right doc!?" Cordell asked the doctor.

I wanted answers and i wanted to see my sister.

"Yes we are just waiting for her to wake on her own now. Apparently a pot was cooking food and got overcooked and started the fire. The smoke capacity took her by storm and almost over powered her small lungs if they didn't reach her when they did. The impact of the table hit was what caused her to go unconscious in the first place. You can go and see her but please two at a time right now" " I do however need to speak with her grandmother and the detectives would like a word with her.

"Okay. Nishelle go in there with Lindsey i will be right in there."

"Ok." i said sniffling.

"I'm coming with you" Cordell said grabbing a hold of my hand and walking me into the room. I was actually glad he was here. I don't know if i would have been calm like this. Although i was still fuming about what happened.

Time went by it was now going on 10:30pm. We had been here for hours. Thank God an hour after we were in the room Lindsey woke up. She was a little groggy at first but then began to come back to her normal self. My friends came and stuck around for a little while till i sent them all home except Cordell who wouldn't budge. He said i'm stuck with him because he's not going anywhere without me. He was really stepping up to the plate and being there. I had to acknowledge that. He stepped out the room to talk on the phone real quick while Lindsey was watching cartoons and gma and i was talking.

"You need to go back with that boy and let him help take care of you and that baby." My gma uttered out looking at me.

I looked at my gma shocked. She came out of blue moon with that. How did we get from the topic of Lindsey now staying with us to this!? "But g-......"

She interrupted me "No Nishelle the way you talk about him and saying you miss him but you teaching him a lesson all that crap, i know you want him. Look the boy sorry. And i've been watching and he really loves you. Im sure he means it this time. Go on back with him. You driving me crazy anyhow. Lindsey will make up for you. Thats enough crazy in my house."

"gma really!? You just gonna put me out like that!?" I said laughing at her idea.

"Yes Now when we leave go and pack ya stuff or something. Out!" she said shooing me with hand gestures playfully.

"You think he's a good guy gma?" I probed to ask.

"Yes Nishelle. I even see it in your eyes. Yall love each other. Everyone deserves second chances don't put him through much more, I think her got it by now."

"True....not like he stopping anyways. You saw how he almost caused a scene because i told him he could leave!" I said laughing.

"Yeah That boys a handful hot mess. I like him though. He got a good head on them broad buff shoulders of his. wheww."

"Please don't secretly crush my boyfriend gma eww"

"Chile bye i got a boo as yall young folks say"

"Gma!!!!!"

Cordell

I stepped out the room to answer Dre's call. He told me he may have a lead on where Katrell was. I was hyped. Finally something we could work with. I wasn't going to tell shell just yet she got enough on her plate. I walked in the room to shells gma talking to her and stopped and smiled at me. Shell then got up and hugged me.

"To what do i owe this hug?" i said grabbing her by the waist.

"For being there for me and not giving up on my stubborn a**" she said hugging my neck and looking me into my eyes.

"I told you i wasn't giving up on us." I kissed her lips and she allowed me back. I finally got my baby back. Why it took a situation like this for me to get back into her space is beyond me.

"Ewwww! gma they kissy face!!!" Lindsey said frowning and pointing at us kiss.

"Alright yall. Nishelle should i tell you to stay back with me!?" Her gma uttered out.

"NO! she said laughing. "I'm going home with my babe...." She said looking at me with that pretty smile.

Wait did she just say she was coming back home!?..........

Nishelle

Okay So yeah all feelings for Dell came rushing back. I even was getting tired from not being around him. My gma had talked some sense into me, and if she was telling me about dell i knew it was only right for me to do so. Plus she kicked me out for Lindsey!. It's cool though. I was glad my little sister was okay and in safe hands but i still wanted to know more about this investigation. This was crazy to me. It pissed me off more so. Where is my mother and why would she leave my little sister like that!?

It was now the day after Lindsey was released and Cordell and i came over to pack my stuff to move back to his house. Seemed like a while since i was packing. I didn't realize how much i had accumulated over here in the short time i was here. I was in the room getting the last of my stuff while Cordell was in the living room playing with Lindsey waiting for me when my phone rang. It was chino.

"Hey Bro"

"Hey lil sis where you at?" He said. He sounded disturbed. Something was wrong.

"Im at my gmas packing why?. You sound like you distraught or something" I said.

"Man lil sis you sitting down?"

I was getting nervous at the fact that he would tell me to sit down. Usually when someone tells you to sit before they tell you something nine times out of ten it ain't good.

"Chi i'm fine what is it?"...............

He went on to tell me and my knees went numb...............

There you have it! 

What do you think Chino Told Nishelle to make her knees Go numb?

What do you think about what mona did?

Black beauty?!

Cordell and Shell Back!

LIKE!!!

COMMENT!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611 28 34
Once, in a forest, crawling with wild beasts and evil, away from everything, there was nothing. Except it will not stay this way for long. Soon...
14.4K 567 63
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...
2.8M 42.1K 99
Six months ago, Nathan's sister was brutally murdered. Now the former playboy desires only one thing: revenge. Late at night, Nathan trudges down th...
2.4K 108 11
Evelina Hayes never was the type of girl to believe in fantasy creatures being a reality, but that's about to change when she learns Nate Lincoln's s...