Silent Love (PUBLISHED)

بواسطة OutOfMyLimit17

Carter Miller has always been in the spotlight. When your parents happen to be a rich CEO and a famous author... المزيد

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1...
Chapter 2...
Chapter 3...
Chapter 4...
Chapter 5...
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7...
Chapter 8...
Chapter 9...
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11...
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14...
Chapter 15...
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17...
Chapter 18...
Chapter 19...
Chapter 20...
Chapter 21...
Chapter 22...
Chapter 23...
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
NEW STORY!
Chapter 26....
Chapter 27....
Chapter 28...
Chapter 29....
Chapter 30...
Chapter 31...
The Hidden Shadow!
Chapter 32...
Chapter 33...
Release Day!
Chapter 34...
Chapter 35...
RELEASE DAY 2!
Chapter 37....
Chapter 38....
Chapter 39...
Chapter 40...
Chapter 41...
Chapter 42...
NOT AN UPDATE!!
Chapter 43....
Chapter 44...
Chapter 45...
Chapter 46....
Chapter 47...
Chapter 48...
Chapter 49...
Epilogue Part 1....
Epilogue Part 2...
Bonus Chapter 1...
Bonus Chapter 2...
Bonus Chapter 3...
HUGE NEWS
COVER+PRE-ORDER!
PUBLISHED!!

Chapter 36....

152K 5.5K 904
بواسطة OutOfMyLimit17

Semi-Edited

READ VERY IMPORTANT AND COOL NEWS DOWN IN THE AUTHORS NOTE! IF YOU DON'T YOU ARE MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING! 

Not sure if I posted this cover before but Thank you to whoever sent it! <3 

Song above is...Cold Water by Justin Bieber. Kind of thought it fit Cage :) Plus this version of the song is great!!!

Happy Reading! <3

Carter's POV

"What have you guys decided to do for your costumes?" Macey asked as we sat around our living room, surrounded by all the junk food you could want. We had Cheetos, Candy bars, cookies, ice cream, cookie dough (more of that than actual cookies), soda.

Because Macey and I have been so busy with school work and our boyfriends we haven't really seen each other much so we decided to have a girls night on Saturday. Amy sadly couldn't come saying she had to go out with the cheer team for some dinner thingy. Lately I could feel us drifting apart and I know it was terrible but I was too busy and happy with Gage to really care.

We had banished all the guys away so the both of us could have a night to ourselves for once in a good month. Both Gage and Luke were okay with it but I had a small little feeling that here soon they would crash our girls night.

It has been exactly 2 weeks since my date with Gage. Two weeks of getting even closer to Gage and falling even more in love with him. He was literally everything you could really want in a boyfriend. He of course didn't like to admit it but he was thoughtful, sweet, always showed up to our joined class with coffee for me and him. I am not going to lie and say he hasn't done anything to piss me off yet because he has. They have been little things but nothing that a few kisses wouldn't make me forgive him.

Things between us were moving steadily and I was fine with it going slow. With this only been my second serious relationship and Gage's first we didn't want to rush anything. It was new to the both of us. Just thinking of him made me giddy. Who would have thought the guy that hated me and I hated him at first, would now be dating.

"Earth to Carter." Macey waved her hand in front of my face. I blinked getting out of my thoughts about Gage.

"Huh?"

"Have you and Gage decided on your costume's yet?" Looking over at her I had to stop from laughing again. The both of us were sporting gorgeous face masks that made us look like mummies. Macey pulled these out of somewhere and since it was a girls night we decided we should do masks and do our nails, which we have already done.

Her mask was starting to come off and a piece was attached to her lip. I bet mine didn't look as great either.

"I haven't really talked to him about it yet." I admitted.

"You better soon. The Halloween party is in two weeks so you guys need to hurry and find a costume before they sell out." I had kind of forgotten about the Halloween party that was being thrown here on campus. I wasn't sure if Gage even wanted to go but if I asked I know he would go with me. Our entire group was going so Macey was going to force us to go anyways.

"What are you and Luke going as?" I asked scoping a spoon full of cookie to my mouth.

"Not telling you until the night."

"Please tell me it isn't 'the slutty nurse and the doctor'."

"No we have more class than that." Macey said rolling her eyes at me. What? I wouldn't put it past them to do something like that.

"Sure you do." I muttered softly.

"How are things going between you two?"

"Good. Really good actually." I said grinning. "How about you and Luke? You guys seem really close for only being other for a few months."

"I like him a lot. He is a lot sweeter than you would think."

"He's my brother I think I know what you mean." She stuck her tongue out at me.

"So I take it you are over Ethan them." In all honesty I haven't thought about Ethan since I met Gage. He made me forget about him completely. I'm sure if that is a good or bad thing, more of a good thing I think. My crush for Ethan is nothing like what I feel for Gage right now. Yes I love Ethan and I think I always will just because he has been a major person in my life since I was little.

"I think I am." I wasn't all that sad about it either.

"Good. Gage is good for you. I like him." I pulled her into a side hug. I was glad my best friend liked him because her opinion did matter.

For the next little bit we eat all of our snacks while watching the Halloween Movie marathon on ABC Family. Right now it was Hocus Pocus but coming up with Twitches which Macey and I were very excited for. When we were younger we would pretend to be sister witches. Drove our parents nuts but it was fun.

The movie was about to end and we were going to get up to take our masks off when a loud knock came on the door. Both of us jumped and grabbed onto each other. We weren't expecting anyone. The two of us sent each other looks before we stood up. I grabbed the big bottle of Sprite as my weapon and Mace grabbed the remote. I snorted at our weapons of choice but the knock came again made me stop.

Clenching onto Macey's arm and her to me, we slowly made our way to the door. Silently counting to three we grabbed the handle and swung the door open, banishing our so called weapons. I threw my half full bottle at the figure in front of us while Mace used the remote as sword.

"Fuck!"

"OW!"

"Stop it!" Came to loud manly yells. Mace and I stopped finally seeing that there were two people in font of us and they were very familiar.

"Luke!"

"Gage!" We yelled at the same time.

"What are you guys doing here?" Macey practically yelled at them. They were each holding onto some part of their bodies that we had hit.

"We came by to make sure you guys were okay. Terrible idea." Luke groaned. "You got my face Macey!" Seeing as he was hurt, Mace dropped the remote and gently grabbed his arm to pull him inside, checking his face.

I looked at Gage who was holding onto his family jewels. This time I couldn't stop myself from laughing at his red face. Apparently my aim isn't that great...or is it?

"Y-you okay?" I asked between giggles.

"No. That fucking hurt." He wheezed still clenching himself. I sobered up a little enough to grab his arm and help him inside. Shutting the door behind me I lead him to the couch where he collapsed. On the other end Macey was looking over Luke's face that now had a bright red bump on his cheek. I think it is safe to say us girls would be fine depending ourselves.

"Terrible idea Luke." Gage said slowly getting his voice back.

"How was I suppose to know they would go all ninja on our asses." Luke defended himself. "And look like weird mummies."

"Mummies?" I echoed not sure what he was talking about.

"You have something weird on your face." Gage pointed out. I had completely forgotten about our masks and I bet we did look pretty funny with them on.

"I think we look really sexy." I said making a face at Gage. He was slowly letting go of himself and breathing normally now.

"Seriously what are you guys wearing?" Luke asked.

"A mask you dumb ass. You guys interrupted our girls night." Macey said with her hands on her hips.

"Why do you even need a girls night? We can come over and hang out too." He tried to reason with her.

"Because I am always hanging out with you. I do need a break from my boyfriend at times." While they argued I turned to Gage.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Gage's face was now back to its normal color.

"I'm sorry for hitting you...there." I blushed a little at that.

"Good to know you have no problem defending yourself. Although we need to work on your aim."

"I think my aim is pretty good." I grinned. If any guy gets near me I know where to hit. We looked at one another for a minute before his arms snaked out and grabbed my waist, pulling me to him. I stood in-between his legs with my hands now on his shoulders.

"I missed you." He said softly so only I could hear.

"You saw me like 4 hours ago."

"I can't miss my girlfriend?" I was still now use to him referring to me as his girlfriend. Every time it left his lips I still got shivers and my heart would thump in my chest. "By the way your pajamas are very sexy." He whispered, looking me up and down.

I glanced down at what I was wearing and blushed even harder. Out of all nights I had to wear my most embarrassing pair. Macey and I thought it would be fun to wear onesies tonight. We had gotten ours a few years ago for a pajama party they had at school. Mine was cheetah, while Macey had bright pink unicorns on hers. We of course put them on after doing our toe nails. Along with my onesie I had my hair in a messy bun on top of my head, few pieces coming free, as well as my mask slowly slipping off. Yep, I looked beautiful.

"Well you are just jealous because you have to wear that." I gestured to his own clothing which was same as always...drool worthy. The guy could wear a bright pink onesie and still look hot as hell. It isn't really fair if you ask me.

"I am jealous. How about we both get rid of these clothes so I'm not jealous anymore." Gage's voice went even deeper as he spoke. My breathing hitched but I didn't want him to know what he did to me. It would just boast his ego.

"So are you two staying then?" Macey's voice interrupted us. I tired to pull away from Gage but his hands stayed locked around my waist. Instead of leaving his embrace I twisted around so I was facing Macey, who was sitting on top of her boyfriend.

"Yep! I've always wanted to know what girls do on girls night." Luke said. At his words Mace and I looked at one another our eyebrows raising. Having a silent conversation a smirk appeared on both of our faces. We were going to make them regret barging in on our girls night.

*******

"Thanks a lot Luke." Gage muttered as he sat at the kitchen bar along side Luke.

"Shh, don't talk." I muttered concentrating on what I was currently doing. Next to me Macey was doing the same thing. I was so forced on the matter at hand that I was even sticking my tongue out in concentration.

When Macey and I decided to make the guys regret ruining our girls night we weren't joking. Right now they both wanted to leave but since they chose this we were not letting them off the hook so easily.

It has been about an hour since they barged in and made themselves at home. Since they arrived we have made them watch Twitches with us, which they both complained about how stupid, cheesy, girly, and not even realistic it was. Although neither of them had any problems eating the junk food we had out. I even learned that Gage also liked cookie dough, match made in heaven I tell you.

Currently we were now giving the boys make overs. Yep you heard right, Make overs. And we were going all out on them. We made them sit at the bar on the stools while we stood in front of them. They of course tried to protest but we threw Luke's words back at him. He wanted to know what we do so we were going to show them.

First we started off with masks because lets be honest they felt great. Since Mace and I already did ours we thought it was only fitting the boys did theirs right away. I know they both will deny it but I think they actually liked it. After that we started on makeup. All of our makeup products were spread out on the counter behind the boys so we could grab whatever we wanted to use. We made them shut their eyes so they couldn't laugh at each other or do something to ruin our master pieces.

"Are you almost done?" Luke whined moving a little in his chair.

"Yes, now hold still you little baby." Macey muttered. I grinned as I grabbed some lipstick to finish off Gage's look. I opted for a more...daring look just because Gage was daring. I gave him some dark smoked out eyes, with a sharp wing. I also added a little bronze in the middle to hopefully pop his hazel eyes out a little more. His cheeks were already sculpted so I didn't need to do much but I did add some blush and a slight contour. Because he was sporting a 5 o'clock shadow it did show but I thought it looked fine.

Going along with Macey I even added a bunch of highlighter to his face. This was totally not a look I would do myself but yes even Gage could pull it off. Now for lipstick I decided to stay with the theme of dark and went for a dark red color.

"Put your lips out." I instructed.

"Huh?"

"Do the duck face."

"What the fuck is a 'duck face'?"

"Just push them out like a fish." I tried not to laugh at his expression. He was literally confused about the duck face.

"Dude how do you not know what the duck face is?" Luke asked incredulously.

"I will come over there and beat the shit out of you Luke." Gage gritted out. The entire time we have been doing this Gage has been cursing Luke out for even mentioning anything. We learned though that both boys were on their way to our place before running into each other. Gage said he didn't want to interrupt us, I didn't believe that, so Luke convinced him to knock on the door and hang out with us. I didn't believe either of them. I think they both just wanted to be with us.

After a few more minutes I was finally done with my masterpiece. I took a step back and grinned at what I saw. It was actually kind of sad how Gage could even pull this look off, and he is a guy. Not even a second later Macey stepped back as well looking at her job on Luke. I glanced at him and my grin got wider. For Luke she went a little less intense but more sparkly. He had way more highlighter on, sparkles on his cheeks, eyes, even his lips.

Stifling a giggle between us we both nodded at each others work. Macey nodded her head at our phones on the counter then back at the boys. Grinning at her idea I quietly grabbed both of them, ready to take a picture without them noticing. Smiling like an idiot I snapped multiple pictures of both Gage and Luke. This was perfect blackmail material. Once we were done we grabbed two hand held mirrors.

"Okay, open your eyes now." Macey said. Keeping the mirror cast down they grabbed it. Biting my cheek I waited for their reaction. Macey still had her phone out secretly recording them.

The moment they caught a glimpse of themselves in the mirrors a girlish scream escaped Luke's lips, and a loud curse came from Gage. Both brought hands up to touch their faces almost thinking, or well wishing, what they were seeing wasn't true. Looking at the both of them though they didn't make terrible looking girls. Sure they were pretty manly with their strong jaws, wide shoulders, and thick eyebrows that only guys had.

"What did you do to me?" Luke asked, touching his face while looking like he may pass out.

"I made you look even better. Are you saying my makeup skills aren't good?" Mace asked faking that she was mad.

"Uh..." Luke had no clue what to say which just made this even funnier. I looked over at Gage who hasn't said a word. He was staring wordlessly at himself in the mirror, his brown eyes wide.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"I look..." He trailed off not finishing his sentence.

"Amazing? Beautiful? Like Carter-the goddess-made me so pretty?" Gage glared at me not finding my words funny.

"I can't. I just can't." He jerked the mirror away. My dam finally broke as I started laughing loudly. I hunched over with my hands on my knees giggling. I stopped for a second but every time I looked up at either Luke or Gage I started laughing again.

"It is not funny Princess." Gage bit out.

"Yes it is." Finally I was able to calm down enough that looking at the guys didn't cause me to break out into laughter.

"You know what?" Luke said after some time. "I actually look pretty good." Even went as far as to do the duck face at his reflection.

"You are so weird." I commented. I went around the bar to the kitchen to grab some waters.

"Now what?" Mace asked leaning against Luke who finally put the mirror down.

"I think it is only fair that Gage and I do your makeup now." Luke said sending Gage a look.

"Gage doing makeup? Yeah right." I shook my head at that. Gage would never do that, hell I'm surprised he even let me do his own makeup.

"No, I think that is a good idea." Gage said, his eyes flashing with something. His look made me pause. I had a feeling he had something planned for me.

"I don't think-"

"Sounds fun." I started to say but Mace interrupted me.

"Macey you know they will do something stupid right?" I said to her while the guys talked quietly. I was happy to see my brother and boyfriend finally getting along. I guess Luke accepted the fact that Gage was sticking around and he had to deal with it.

"Yeah but who cares. It will be funny." She shrugged. Sighing I nodded knowing my face was going to end up as a mess.

Switching places with the guys I took Gage's seat as Mace took Luke's. I silently prayed to Gage not to make me look stupid but I knew I wouldn't get my wish, not if the glint in Gage's eyes said something.

The next half an hour was interesting to say the least. I couldn't count how many times Gage poked my eyes with the eyeshadow brush or how many times he used his fingers to roughly rub away unwanted makeup. Bless his heart he did try to be gentle though. He just slapped on the foundation, used his fingers to spread it all over my face. I did have to help him a little on what is used for what, not wanting lipstick used as blush.

I did let him though do what he wanted. I felt him using way too much but seeing as he was quiet when I was putting it on him, I stayed silent as well. Next to me I could hear Luke making noises every so often, some of confusion and some of triumph for finding the right product or something.

I wish I could have had my eyes open to see Gage's face but every time I went to open them Gage would make a noise at me. It felt like an eternity had passed until Gage and Luke finally stopped putting stuff on our faces. With a sneaky feeling that they were taking pictures like we did, when it became very quiet.

A minute later we were told to open our eyes. When I did I bit back a gasp at what my face looked like. While it wasn't as bad as I thought it would look it wasn't the greatest. I looked like a clown. Bright pink blush were in big circles on my cheeks, not blended out. My foundation was thick in some spots and none in others. My eyes looked like raccoons. Eyeshadow was everywhere around my eyes, but he had some good smudging going on at least. The eyeliner looked like a 5 year old drew it but didn't look terrible. Small little black smudges could be seen from where Gage tried to wipe it away with his fingers. My lipstick was probably the worst. Gage didn't stay in the lines and way over drew my lips. The pale pink going up past my lips making me look like the Joker or something.

"So?" Gage asked looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"I look...pretty." I said slowly. I didn't want to offend him.

"I know I am amazing." He boasted. I grinned and shook my head at him. Glancing at Macey I saw she looked a little worse than I did. For someone who has never really been around makeup, Gage did better than Luke. Macey's had blush drawn in with circles like Luke was coloring. Turning away from Luke's proud smile and Macey's glare, I looked back at Gage.

"Thank you for doing my makeup." Gage leaned forward so both of his arms were caging me in between the counter and him. His head dipped towards mine, a smile upon his lips.

"Thank you for making me look terrible."

"I think you look pretty." I smiled bringing my hands up to wrap around his neck, pulling him closer. "I mean the bronze eyeshadow brings out your eyes, and that contour for your cheeks."

"Just shut up and kiss me." Gage grumbled. Not even waiting for my reply he brought his lips to mine. Not fighting it I kissed him back, molding my lips with his.

"Ew quit kissing my sister Harper." My brother said in a disgusted tone. Gage just flipped him off and kept kissing me, causing me giggling against his lips.

"Hey tonsil buddies!" Macey yelled a little to close to us. We pulled apart and sent her a look. "You two need to decide on your halloween costumes." I rolled my at that. She was still on it.

"So while you think of it lets watch another movie." As the two of them went back over to the couch, still covered in makeup, I slowly slide off the stool I was sitting on.

"Costumes?" Gage asked grabbing my hand to hold me back.

"Apparently there is a halloween party soon that Macey wants to go to, which means we are going. You have to dress up too."

"So couple costumes then? That means we need to come up with something bad ass." I raised an eyebrow at how he was already thinking of ideas for us. I was sure I was going to have to convince him to go.

"I am only going if you are dressed in something sexy." He added at the end. Yep should have seen that coming.

"Maybe I'll wear tight black, short leather skirt and top." I whispered at him trying to make my voice low and husky like he does. I got the reaction I wanted. Gage's eyes darkened and widened as he pictured what I mentioned.

"I'll let you think about that." I said smirking as I moved away from him and sat down on the couch. It took him a good minute before he sat down right next to me and he had a dark look on his face. Ignoring me he only looked at the tv. Still smirking I leaned back against the couch.

Gage: 100

Carter: 1

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is probably the biggest filler ever in this book. I was going to add an Ethan's Pov near the end but I decided next chapter he should have a full chapter for himself and for you guys to see more into his head than a little piece. The end of this chapter is crap because it is getting late here and I am sooo tired I am surprised I am still awake and writing. So I am sorry about the terrible chapter. 

**BIG NEWS!! I was going to wait to tell you guys about this but I couldn't hold it in any longer. So as you all know I am going to start posting a new story soon, "The Hidden Shadow" and that it is a mafia type story. Well for the last few months or so I have been working with the AMAZING AUTHOR @taintedkissesxo for a HUGE CROSSOVER CHAPTER(S). If you do not know who she is you are missing out big time! She is the nicest, most talented writer I have had the pleasure of being friends with. Her book "Luciano" is INCREDIBLE! I cannot tell you how much I love that story and the characters. If you have not read her book yet I really, really, really recommend going to read it right now!!!! 

Anyways one of her characters-Federico De Santis- will be making a GUEST APPEARANCE in "The Hidden Shadow". For those that know of her and Rico (And love him like I do) I know you will be super excited for him in the book. He is absolutely perfect for a mafia book and he fits so well with my story line. She was so sweet enough to want to work with me in co-writing chapters for him to be in. 

If you have not read her book you probably should before I post 'THS' and before he appears so you get a better grip on who is and what he is like. He is nothing like you have ever seen before. If you do not want to, you will still get a good background of him in the chapter(s) that he is in. Of course this chapter will not be up for a while! We are stilling working on some things and I want to wait until Silent Love is closer to being done. 

But SERIOUSLY! Go over and check her out! She is amazing and I know you all will love her book and upcoming books. I hope you all are just as excited as I am about working with another author here to come up with something for you guys to read. I will continue on letting you know about things as we continue. ****

Now I hope you all enjoyed this chapter somewhat. More of #CAGE moments as you guys wished for. I do promise to have another chapter up soon! Not sure when but if I have time tomorrow I will start on the new chapter, fingers crossed that my puppies will let me. 

Also I am going to be answering any questions you guys have about writing, advice, things about me, etc on my SNAPCHAT (OutOfMyLimti17) tomorrow so feel free to send some questions in for me to answer :) I can't wait to hear from you <3 

Anyways I hope you all had a good week, for those on the East Coast I hope you are safe from the Hurricane. Have a good rest of the weekend as well!! <3 <3

VOTE, COMMENT, THE SECOND BOOK OF 'AYA' COMES OUT TUESDAY THE 11TH. THE BOOK IS CALLED 'ACCIDENTAL ATTRACTION'! So on Tuesday head over to Amazon to get yourself a copy! I hope you all like it and go out to buy a copy!

<3 <3 < 3

-Ken

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

4.4M 112K 57
"Rule number one," He whispers, pulling back to look me right in the eye, "Never let your guard down." He flashes me a cunning smirk as I stare at hi...
7.7M 250K 43
Ever had Ramen Noodles for an entire month? Lilly Fenster has and she's tired of it. Which is why she ends up managing the fashion industry's hottest...
2.5M 100K 55
Torn between risking it all and losing the man she loves, Ava must make a choice, but in the process of making this choice, Ava must accept the conse...
902K 2.3K 98
ALL THE BOOKS I MENTION, I have READ AND LOVED!! I didn't write ANY OF THESE BOOKS IM JUST Giving the Tea on good books ☕️ I'm doing book shoutouts...