Ambience ~ n.m.

By honeycrispcringe

"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. The... More

1; It Begins
2; I Tell You Time and Time Again
3; In The Middle of Nowhere
4; A Spectacular End
5; The Slayer
6; What Do We Fight For?
7; Mother Dearest
8; The Fake Original Ball
9; Chains Are Never Comfortable
10; The Shattered Girl
11; Trust Is Something Earned
12; A Heart of Darkness
13; Do Not Be Gentle
14; Before It Happened
15; The Departed
16; Growing Together
17; Remember The Hell
18; Hydro-Powered Hunter
19; Tell This Life Goodbye
20; The Welcome Committee
21; Days Like This
22; Tell Me That It Isn't True
23; Negotiated Freedom
24; Caught In The Spider's Web
25; Go To Sleep
26; Ten Pounds Of Shit
27; Poison Tastes Sweet
28; Blast From The Past
29; The Pain Won't Stop
30; Just Cremate Them Already
31; Floods Rush In
33; Recovery For The Broken
34; Daycare From Hell
35; Homicide Is Never An Answer
36; Fjörgyn
37; Sand On Bourbon Street
38; Uneasy Possibilities
39; A Closer Walk To Thee
40; The War
41; Binkies And Coffins
42; Bruises Over Wounds
43; Paradise For A Time
Blood Draws Blood
The Family Feeling
Chasing A Demon
The Day Of
The Tranquility Of Eden
Burn The Surrender's Flag
The Damned Dress In A Veil Of Blood
The Devil Catches Fire
Goodnight, I Love You
A/N Voting
We All Needed You
Soul Dealer
Crown Of Bones
Prying Open Dead Eyes
Voting (again)!
WE WON - tag games - eclipse stuff
The Water That Drowns Us
The Sea Of Lost Souls
I Hold With Those Who Favor Fire
Hanging The Moon Over Our Heads
Is It Hell Or The Wild Side?
Easy Mistakes
Who's This Chick Again?
Savior
Ghosts Of The Past
Wild Hearts
Slaughtered Angels
Heart Shaped Coffins
The Weapon Named from Desire
a/n : hiatus - vacation - school
Possible Q&A?
Important Author's Note

32; The Center Of My Soul

6.8K 208 52
By honeycrispcringe

'Perfect Places' by Lorde

"'Cause we are young and we're ashamed.

Send us to perfect places.

All of our heroes fading.

Now I can't stand to be alone.

Let's go to perfect places."

I don't know how I came here. The plantation. I sat on the steps, sobbing to my heart's content. I decided to call the only person to cease this.

"How's life going in New Orleans?"

"Elena? Can you come to New Orleans? I need you," I sob.

"What's wrong?"

"Please! Please! I just-just-" I sob harder and harder with each word. The call ended and the phone slipped from my fingers. My insides curled inside of myself, as I laid on the front porch.

My heart is gone. Broken.

_____

3rd person

"Where the hell is she?" The uneasy Hybrid growled.

"We've searched the entire Quarter, Niklaus. She's nowhere to be found." Elijah stated.

"Look in the bayou." Klaus demand.

"Brother-"

"Hello?" A familiar voice echoed through the compound. Both Elijah and Klaus shared a look before racing to the front door to the compound. Harper's face greeted them with a confused expression. "Klaus? Elijah?" She asked.

"Harper. Where have you been? Are you alright?" Klaus sets his hands on her shoulders and inspects her.

She pushes him away. "Get off of me," she hissed. "It's Elena. Where's Harper?" She asked. Elijah and Klaus looked at each other.

"Elena?" Elijah questioned.

Klaus inspected her more closely. Elena had her hair colored with red, she didn't have a protruding pregnant belly, and the very fact that she dressed that she dressed quite peppy was a sea give away. He wanted it to be her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Harper called me last night. Begged me to come to New Orleans. She was crying, and I've never heard her cry. I caught the next plane here," Elena explained.

"She hasn't answered any of our calls," Elijah stated, in a frustrated tone.

"I'll call her," Elena said.

"I doubt she'll answer," Klaus raised his voice. "We need to find her."

"One more call, Klaus," Elijah suggested. Klaus sighed in frustration, they were wasting time. She could've been kidnapped, ran away, or dead by now.

Elena takes out her phone and dials her sister's number.

_____

Rhythmic vibrating and sound came from something on the wooden floor inches from Harper's face. Her eyes squeezed shut, then began to blink their way through the bright morning sun.

Her phone had a large crack spider-webbing the screen as her sisters name appeared on the screen. Her hands found the motivation to pick up the phone and answer it.

"Hello?" Harper's voice cracked from last nights sobbing.

"Oh, my god, Harper! Where are you?" Elena asked.

Good question.

Harper willed her body to sit up and force her eyes to look around. The sun shone through the apple trees and the roof of the porch hung over her head.

"I'm at a house," She states.

"What house, Harper?" Elena asks.

There was a rustling on the other end. "Harper, where the bloody hell are you?" Klaus's voice questions on the other line.

"Why are you with Elena?" Harper asks, feeling jumbled.

"Harper, answer the damn question," Klaus demands.

"The plantation," she states.

The other line clicked off.

Harper stood, nearly falling from how weak she was. She sat down on one of the porch chairs by the front door. She closed her eyes for what felt like a minute.

Klaus, Elijah, and Elena raced to a car and climbed inside. In less than twenty minutes, they were at the plantation that was thirty minutes away.

They all saw Harper on the porch sitting in a chair with her head hung forward. Elena was the first out of the car and vamp sped to her sister.

"Harper. Harper. Are you okay?" Elena shook Harper awake.

Klaus and Elijah made it to the porch. Klaus felt sadness fill his chest at the sight of her. Her below shoulder length hair was toddled and knotted with twigs, leaves, and mud. Her skin was pale and cold with sweat and smudges of mud across it. Her blue eyes were dark and bloodshot, under eye circles were incredibly evident. His lip slightly quivered at the sight.

Harper attempted to stand but failed. Klaus put one arm under her knees and the other around her shoulder. Her face faced his chest and he carried her to the car.

The car on the way back was filled with silence as Harper slept. Elena sat with Harper's head on her lap. Her fingers toyed with Harper's shorter messy hair.

Elena's ears filled with the sound of her heartbeat, but then she tensed. There wasn't just one heartbeat, there was two. It was faint and hummed much faster than Harper's.

Harper was pregnant.

______

Elena watched as Klaus gently laid Harper on his bed. He moved a lock of hair that was on her face to behind her ear. His lips pecked her forehead before quickly walking past Elena to the sitting room, which Elena followed.

Elijah at the desk as she watched his brother and his ex-lovers doppelgänger walk in. Klaus settled down at the bar and poured himself a scotch.

Elena stood, staring at the Original brothers. "Harper's pregnant," she states. The brothers snap their eyes to her with a knowing look. Her mouth opens. "You knew. Of course, you knew," she scoffs. "Who's is it?" She asks in disbelief.

"Mine," Klaus states.

"That's impossible. You're a vampire, let alone one of the very first," Elena says.

"Yes, Elena, but there is a fact you missed," Elijah spoke. "When Niklaus unlocked his dormant werewolf gene, that made him somewhat human. It made him able to procreate," he explained shortly.

"Harper is pregnant with a hybrid," she states breathlessly. "Why didn't she tell me?" They could hear the shower turn on, assuming it was Harper.

"Dear Elena, your sister has been threatened to the hilts with the child she is carrying. By vampires, witches, werewolves, and humans. She couldn't take the chance of family coming after her," Klaus explains.

"I would never hurt her."

"She doesn't know what to think anymore since one of your dear friends from Mystic Falls tried to kill her and the baby," Klaus snaps in anger.

"Who would-"

They heard the water switch off to the shower. Klaus sighed in frustration. "Ask her yourself. Would one of you mind making her breakfast? I assume she is quite hungry," Klaus states and Elena nodded.

Klaus quickly downed the rest of his scotch before standing and leaving the room. He went down the hall to his room and opened it. His eyes widened at the sight.

Harper had a white fluffy towel covering her body, her short wet hair fell in front of her face in elegance as she leaned down to grab a shirt from the floor, her skin regained it's natural tan back from the rest and cleanse. She was more beautiful than he could possibly explain.

Klaus wanted to kiss Harper at that very moment. He wanted her to forgive him for every selfish thing he has done. He knew it wasn't that easy. He didn't want to hurt her again. He couldn't. If he did, he promised himself that he would let her leave him. No matter how much it hurt.

His thoughts drifted away in seconds. "You're awake," Klaus states. Her head snapped up to him.

"I didn't feel you come in." Her voice was scratchy.

"Elena is here for you if you need her," Klaus said.

"It's nice to see her again. She doesn't have her humanity again," Harper states.

Klaus nodded. "She's making you breakfast."

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute."

"Do need help?" Klaus asks.

"I'm fine, Klaus. I can take care I myself."

"I know, Harper. I never said you couldn't," Klaus gave her a small smile and left.

______

Harper 

I ran down the stairs and smiled at the sight of Elena. "Elena!" I yelled in excitement. She turned around and grinned at me. I quickly gave her a huge hug. "Oh, my god! I missed you so much!" I let go of the hug. "How are you? How's the Damon dating going?" She froze at that statement and turned around to the table, which was full of plates stacked with pancakes and bowls of fruit.

"Elena," I warn.

"He broke up with me."

"That dick is going to die," I hiss, she laughs.

"By the way, we are going to Mystic Falls," she states. I raise my shoulder and an eyebrow.

"Why?" I ask.

"Katherine's dying," Elena states.

"Finally! I never thought that bitch would die," I state.

I grab the whipped cream can off the table and a handful of blueberries. I grabbed two plates and put two pancakes on each plate. I put two blueberries for the eyes and five for the mouth. I used the whipped cream to make fangs.

She laughed loudly. "You haven't changed."

"You expected me to? I live with the Mikaelson's, I need sarcasm more than ever," I laugh.

"Right."

We eat breakfast and Klaus comes downstairs. "We're going to Mystic Falls, BTW," I announce.

"No way in hell," he says.

"What if a, I don't know, hundred-year-old Doppelgänger was on her deathbed?" I smile. Klaus smiles as well.

"Well then, let's go say goodnight to, Katerina, shall we?"

______

We were in Mystic Falls by the next morning. Klaus decided to scope out the town while Elena and I skipped around Whitmore College.

She was so excited to show me her dorm room. She opens the door and I stare in awe. "Wait. You have to see the bathroom, it's to die for," she points to the bathroom.

I furrow my brow and go to the bathroom and open the door. A normal, non-extravagant bathroom. "Hey, Elena, the bathroom smells like shit," I yell. Suddenly, the sound of squealing and arms being wrapped around me. "What the fuck?!" I yell out. I'm turned around and I see Caroline Forbes and Bonnie Bennett standing in front of me. "Oh, my god!" I squeal and wrap my arms around them.

"Tell us what's going on! Come on!" Caroline demands.

I tell them everything. From Klaus, pregnancy, and Feeler powers. They listened very intently. After all the talking, we left to Mystic Falls, to the Salvatore Boarding House. I was going insane with seeing the house and the Salvatore Brothers.

We arrived an walked into the house. I spake in the smell of expensive bourbon. We walking into the sitting room to see Matt, Damon, and Jeremy.

"Seriously?" Elena asks.

"Elena, we were just-"

"Yeah, Elena, you didn't tell me that our brother was alive," I hiss.

"I wanted to surprise you," she whispers.

I roll my eyes and run down to Jeremy and give him the biggest hug possible. Elena grabs a shot from Damon's hands.

"If anybody's going to be drinking to Katherine's last days, it's going to be me," Elena said downing the shot.

"And me, but I'm pregnant so boo."

The boys stop and look at me. "She impersonated both of us. Made Jenna stab herself, and cut off Uncle Johns fingers," Elena cut through the silence.

"He might've deserved that," Jeremy said.

"Might've?" I ask.

"Who's is it?" Damon asks.

"Uh, it starts with a 'K' and ends with a 'laus'," I say.

"He's a vampire!" Damon says.

"And half werewolf."

"By the way, I'm getting depressed that I can't drink, so, see you little shits later." I wave them off as I leave, going upstairs to the little bitch herself. I open the door quietly and look in. Stefan was sitting on the bed beside Katherine's graying body.

"They're talking about me, aren't they?" Katherine asks Stefan.

"They're reminiscing." He states, nodding. "It's fine. I'm sure I deserve everything that they're saying," she says, making Stefan chuckle. She's been rubbing and inspecting her hand. "Does my hand look wrinkled to you?" She asks Stefan with concerned.

"It looks fine," he assures her.

"If I start to sag anywhere, you take a knife and you jam it into my carotid artery immediately, okay?" She asks him.

"Okay." Stefan keeps himself from laughing.

"What?" She asks.

"You know, even on your deathbed, you're vain," he states.

"Hey. If a girl's got to go, it may as well be glamorous, right?" She asks.

"That's definitely an age spot," Katherine announces. Stefan takes her hand.

"This is not an age spot, Katherine," he assures her again.

"You're being too nice to me. Why?" She asks.

"You're dying. I think I can muster up a little bit of compassion," Stefan says. I finally decide to come out and show my eavesdropping self.

"If he can, I can," I announce. Their eyes shoot towards me. "Hey, Stef. Hi, pissy Petrova," I smiled and gave a little wave. "I'll go tell them to stop." Stefan stands and heads out of the room.

"You're getting fat," Katherine states with the feeling of happiness.

"That's what happens when you have a baby growing inside of you," I state.

"You're pregnant? Who's the daddy?" She asks.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I laugh. The room was filled with silence, and that's when I felt a body hit the floor in the basement. "Gotta go, Kat. Don't die yet," I tell her as I jog downstairs. I enter the sitting room to see a woman. "The fuck is this?" I ask.

"Katherine's daughter, Nadia," Damon states.

"Gross. No offense, but the thought of Katty Petri-dish being a parent freaks me out." I feel shivers run down my spine. "What's going on?" I ask as everyone starts to leave.

"Matt's buried alive," Damon stated. I kept my mouth shut about I can find him in second. Stefan, Elena, and Nadia leave in a car to help get all that they need to save Katherine.

Jeremy, Bonnie, Caroline and I set off on foot into the woods.

"I don't see any freshly dug ground," Jeremy states.

"This property is massive," Bonnie sighs.

"Hello! Is nobody going to comment on the fact that Stefan slept with Katherine?" Caroline asks.

"No, I can't say jack-shit because I slept with Klaus and got pregnant. It's not that bad, Care. Plus, you slept with Damon. We all have hookups we're not proud of," I say.

"Yeah, does it matter? We've all slept with our fair share of bad choices," Jeremy said.

"No offense taken," Bonnie muttered.

"No. Obviously not you," Jeremy covered up the scene.

"Jeremy Gilbert and Bonnie Bennett you guys are nasty because you did the nasty without telling me," I scoff.

"Why don't we split up and think about that?" Jeremy grabs Bonnie arm an pulls her in one direction.

"Good idea, we'll cover more ground that way," Caroline yells at them.

"You go that way and I'll go this way," I tell her and quickly make my decent. After I got a good distance away from the Boarding House, I stopped. I focused my power. Nothing. Nada. Zip. My powers stopped working like when Tyler kidnapped me. He's lucky I haven't seen him yet.

Anyways, my last resort.

"Matt! Matt! Where are you?!" I yell into the forest. I look in front of me and gasp with sudden fright. "Oh, my god, Klaus, you're lucky I even have a pulse right now," I hiss walking past him.

"I thought you could feel everything," he states.

"Ever since I've been pregnant, I've had power outages with my abilities. Of course, it decided to choose now when one of my best friends are six feet under and still alive," I sigh in frustration.

"I thought I told you to call me," Klaus changed the subject.

"And I ignored you," I say blatantly.

"You are still angry," he realized stopping in his tracks.

"No. What gave you that idea, love?" I asked with sarcasm.

"Where's Katerina?" He asked. I stopped and scoffed, shaking my head.

"I'm pretty sure you already know," I hiss, turning around. "Go ahead. Go gloat over her corpse to be, delight in the closure of five hundred years of revenge. Have fun! I certainly won't be there," I turn on my heel and start to jog in the opposite direction.

He sped in front of me and held a hand up to stop me. "Well, this still doesn't answer my question about why you didn't call me," he gives me a small smirk.

"Let me think. The girl whom I've protected for over a year is now dead because of you. Forgive me for not feeling up for a little chat with you," I hissed, his cocky expression changed to a hurt one. "Oh, wait! There's more! You don't give an absolute shit because of whatever she did to you. So, your revenge fantasy is fulfilled in one of your enemies, so why not let the other die in peace without the face of the man who has been hunting her for her entire life," I sneer. 

I walk past him, hitting my shoulder with his. I hear him let out a sigh, and he let me walk on for another fifty feet. I start calling out again. "Matt! Matty!" I yelled. I tried to focus again but was interrupted.

"If I allowed Katerina to die in peace, what would you do?"

I roll my eyes and turn around. "What?"

"If I were to abandon my revenge against Katerina, would you forgive me for hurting her?" Klaus asks. He's got me stumped, there.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lie.

"Yes, you do, Harper," Klaus stepped forward, we were feet apart.

"I need to friend my friend, who happens to be in danger," I start.

"You know, while you've been taking off on me in all the wrong directions, I heard Matts distant and desperate screams," Klaus states. My eyes widen.

"Where is he?"

"Don't worry, love. I've got it covered. Trust me. He'll be quite happy with his rescuer," he smiles at me.

Rebekah saved Matt.

Klaus and I walk towards the Salvatore House together in the forest. I still couldn't feel anything, which sucked. "So, the quarterback is saved. What now?" Klaus asks me.

"Don't you have a dying girl to go punish for all her sins?" I ask back.

"I do, but I won't do it for you," Klaus says. I know he's being sincere, my heart flutters, but I have to keep strong.

"So, you came with me to Mystic Falls to back off when I ask you to?" I ask.

"No, I came all the way to Mystic Falls to gloat over a corpse to be, as you so poetically put it, but I will leave Katerina alone in return for one small thing." I turn around to Klaus, who had stopped.

"Like what?" I ask, playing dumb.

"I want your forgiveness."

"Klaus, this is much more than Katherine's rotting corpse. This is about Da- her. I can't. It's too hard," I confess.

Klaus stared at the ground. "I'm sorry about, Davina," he apologized, I flinched at her name. "I'm sorry that I made myself untrustworthy to you. I'm sorry that I've hurt everyone you love without completely realizing what I have done. And I am sorry that I've made you loving me so hard, Harper," he apologized further.

"Klaus, I was supposed to be in college, building myself a life. I had major plans and a future and things that I want, and none of those involve you, okay? Absolutely none of them," I explain.

"I see," he states in sadness.

"No, Klaus, you don't. I wanted to do those things, I needed those things in my life. That's when I realized that I didn't. In reality? All I wanted was you. All I needed was you," I confess. "If you are apologizing, I'll take it, but you have to promise me something," I explain.

A million things ran through my mind, and only one thing came through. I was angry with him for Davina's death. I was angry with him for hurting me and the people I love. I was angry for the reckless killing and the enemies he's conjured. This promise? Terrified me the most.

"Promise me that you won't leave."

"I will never ever leave, Harper Gilbert. That is my promise to you," he assured me.

"Good."

I closed the gap between us, we searched each other's eyes. Who knows what we were searching for, but it felt right. Like electricity was pulling us together. My lips found his, my arms wrapping around his neck. The kiss deepened further, more passionate. I jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his torso.

All I can say is, I'm disappointed when he cut me off.

_____

I pretty much skipped back to the Boarding House to say goodbye to everyone.

I walked in to see Jeremy, Bonnie, Caroline, and Matt sitting together, talking. "Wait. Wait. What's happening? What am I missing?" Matt asks Bonnie.

"Me," I hear a familiar voice that makes my hair stand on end.

"Tyler," Caroline breathes.

I turned around to see the sick bastard himself. His face pales when he realizes it was me. "You're dead, Lockwood," I hiss. So much anger was racing through my veins that I felt my abilities start up again. My veins are visible with blue. I hold out my hand and he begins to choke.

"Harper!" The collected voices yell around the room. I hold them back with my other hand. I feel hot tears streak my face.

"How about I tell them what you did to me Tyler?" I hiss.

"Harper, please!" His voice begs.

"Please what? give you the mercy you wouldn't give my family? While Tyler was gone from Mystic Falls, he was trying to find a way to get back at Klaus," I start.

"Harper, please don't," he begs.

"This is my mercy, Tyler. This is your mercy," I hiss. "He found out about mine and Klaus's baby. So, he kidnapped me. He tried to kill us! All because he wanted revenge. How does it feel Tyler? That a person like Klaus set you free even though you were the monster that deserved no mercy?" I growled.

"He killed-"

"Your mom? Yeah but you almost killed my baby and I. We were friends. I'm not Klaus, Tyler. Telling them about the monster you truly are is a mercy to them and yourself. You get to live with the fact that all of them, especially Caroline, know. They can forgive you or not, but I know my choice." I let him go, a feeling of relief washing over me, then, a shooting pain went through my body, making me scream. I looked at my shaking arms. They were pulsing with blue, brighter than I have ever seen it.

The pain in my heart made me collapse.

______

Updated 2-26-18

Questions?

Will this be a permanent forgiveness for Klaus?

How will Tyler be treated?

Is Harper going to harm herself with this unpredictable power? The baby?

Will Harper be able to contain her anger-controlled ability?

Vote

Comment

Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.7K 2K 31
T.W Abuse/violence/sex/drugs/etc Previously named 'The Outcased Sister' Rieka Donovon, a special girl. She was found on the Donovan doorstep at thr...
74.3K 1.9K 45
Jessica Gilbert was normal.... if you looked past the fact that she was a tribrid but that was easy since only a handful of people knew. Her life cha...
710K 13.2K 66
Before you read the summary of this book I would like you all to know that there is a NEW VERSION of this book that has a better plotline, more origi...
14.6K 238 16
Diana is a 17 year old normal salvatore girl.. or thats what they thought. Diana got adopted by Giuseppe and Lily Salvatore after her parents died, t...