Disguise

By ARyding

'Once upon a time.' 'And they lived happily ever after.' Fairy tales. Princess stories. The tales your dad te... More

Disguise
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Information about One Shot!
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
epilogue

Chapter 23 & One-Shot Results

17.3K 226 18
By ARyding

This is dedicated to CupCake_Queen for the great banner on the side! Thanks so much hunny!:D

PLEASE READ NOTE AT THE END FOR ONE SHOT RESULTS

********Move on. It's just a chapter in the past. But don't cose the book, Just turn the page.**********

Ch. 23

ARABELLA’S POV

  I finger the smooth fabric of the dress I was holding to try and calm my nerves. I was going to do it; I was going to apologize to Kara. I was taking Daniel’s advice and I was doing it. It seemed so much easier last night but now that I was ready to walk to the servant’s quarters it seemed like an impossible task.

I looked down at my hastily chosen gift. I wasn’t able to go out and get anything but I think she was going to like what I found. I searched my closet and I found a short pink dress with a feathered bottom and a jeweled top. It screamed her and I knew that she was going to love it.

I didn’t have time to wrap it but I was sure she wouldn’t have minded. Knowing Kara she wouldn’t have even looked at the paper before she ripped it off.  I know that she is impatient when opening gifts. I knew that she considered opening gifts as a skill. I know my best friend and I know that she has to forgive me. This is Kara and she wouldn’t end this friendship over a fight we had.

I pushed open my door and walked down the hall. I was forcing myself not to turn around and look at my closing door; if I did I knew that I would turn back around. I could see everyone’s eyes turn to look at the dress in my hands but I kept my head held high.

I could feel my breathing falter though, as I stood in front of the door. I forced myself to push open the door before I lost my cool. I stuck my head in and looked frantically around the room for her but I didn’t see her.

“Something I can help you with Arabella?” Hilary the Head Servant asked me.

 I also had great memories of Hilary too. She was a plump lady who would always make tents with me out of the bed sheets before she made the beds. “I was wondering if you had seen Kara, I wanted to talk to her.” I smiled and looked around the room for her again.

Hilary’s eyes sparkled as she laughed, “I swear you two can’t spend more than a few hours apart! I was surprised that I didn’t see you down here for her birthday.”

I felt shame run through me again but I fought hard to keep that look off my face. She obviously didn’t know about what happened with my uncle otherwise she would be treating me differently. I was guessing that my parents hadn’t told anyone and I was fine with keeping it that way. “Yeah, so she isn’t in here?”

“Oh no hunny, she’s in the guest rooms upstairs stripping the beds with a few other girls.” Hilary commented.

“Alright, well thanks!” I said and dashed out the door.

She was very broad when she said ‘guest bedrooms’ but I knew that they were all on the same part of the house so it shouldn’t be too hard to find. I folded the dress and hid it behind my back before making my way to the guest rooms.

I opened up the first door and geld my breath.

 Empty. It was empty.

This process was repeated itself several more times until I opened the last door on the hallway and saw Kara laughing with two other girls as they threw pillows at each other.

The girl closest to me turned when she heard the door open. I had never seen her before so I was guessing she was new; that was also the only way I could explain her response to seeing me. Her eyes grew wide and the pillow that was thrown her way hit her in the chest causing her to stumble back slightly.

“Princess! We were just getting back to work.” She said hastily as she brushed the hair back from her face and did a clumsy curtsy.

I laughed hoping it would calm her down and show her that I didn’t care if they were having a pillow fight, “Oh don’t worry. These pillows are the best for pillow fights. Have you tried jumping on the bed? I think it’s this room that has the bed that is the best for jumping!”

She looked taken back by my words and I could only wonder what was going through her head, “No, princess we haven’t done that.”

“You can call me Bella.” I smiled warmly at her.

“What are you doing here?” Kara asked me. Her eyes where flashing with anger and I knew that I didn’t want to know what was going through her head.

I sighed. I knew it wasn’t going to be this easy, “I wanted to talk to you.”

She looked me up and down and I felt my heart sink. There was no way she was going to forgive me.  “Yeah, well I don’t want to talk to you.” She turned and went back to folding the sheets as though the conversation was done.

“Kara, you can’t speak to her that way.” The other girl hissed looked at me nervously.

I ignored her comment and walked up to Kara. I grabbed her arm and turned her around so that she would look at me. I could feel her tense when she felt my hand. I swallowed and asked her again, “Kara please talk to me. Please.”

She stared in my eyes for an immeasurable amount of time. For a second I thought she was going to say no but she surprised me when she spoke, “Fine. Come on.”

I breathed a sigh of relief and quickly followed her out of the room.  My heart was pounding in my chest and I said a quick prayer for everything to be alright. She walked into the room next to the one we were just in and I shut the door being careful to keep the dress behind my back.

“Kara I am so sorry.” I said as soon as the door clicked shut. I brought the dress around from behind my back and let it hang in from of me. I could see Kara’s eyes get weird and I knew that I was right, she loved the dress. “I know I’m late but I brought you a gift!”

She stared at it for a second without moving when all of a sudden she snapped her head up to mine and narrowed her eyes, “I have lived my whole life with maid outfits and the occasional sweater that I am lucky enough to get. I see you walking around in thousand dollar dresses and you don’t even realize everything that you have. I have looked at your closet and wished that I could own one of you dresses. Actually own a dress like one of yours.” I was stunned into silence when she walked over to the dress and fingered it lightly, “Now that you’re giving it to me I just don’t want it.”

“Do you want a different dress? You can choose anything out of my closet anything!” I said quickly wondering if that would be all it would take for her to forgive me. I think I knew deep down though that’ I wasn’t going to be getting off that easily.

She laughed bitterly and I felt myself flinch at the sound, “No Bella, I don’t want a damn dress from you! This is what I mean. You say you’re not materialistic but then you think that you can just buy my forgiveness with a dress.”

“Kara I don’t think that!” I argued. I didn’t believe that, I was just hoping. “You’re my best friend and I feel horrible that I forgot your birthday so I wanted to get you something! I know that maybe it isn’t perfect but like I said before we can go out later and get something else if you want.”

“Go out and get something else I want?” She questioned with narrow eyes. “How are you going to do that? Finally tell your mom that we’re friends?”

“Well no, but we’ve been out before and I could just say your accompanying me again!” I knew how bad that sounded but I did not want to tell my mom about Kara and I, not now.

She nodded like she expected this answer, “Of course. You’re twenty-two Arabella; grow up! You aren’t controlled by you mom anymore and it’s time you stand up for yourself! I am tired of going behind everyone’s back to be your friend!”

“Kara I can’t tell her now. You know that she might fire you.” I pleaded with her. She knew that that would happen so I don’t know why she wanted me to talk to my mom so bad.

“At least you would have tried.”

I feel so bad for her!:( everything is just not going her way! hehe:D sorry that it was so short guys:/ but ive already started the next chapter!

OK now the moment you have all been waiting for: THE RESULTS FOR MY ONE-SHOT COMPETION!

ok before i post the winners i just want to say WOW. I got five entries and they were all so good it was unreal. I have them all in a reading list on my profile and i recomend for everyone to go and check them all out!

I am very happy to say that nobody actually wrote what is going to happen! haha(: Nobody was even really close. :-) 

This was such a hard choice. They are all so good and i had no idea what to chose! Becuase i got FIVE and becuase they were all so good i added a second place(: yep there will be two winners!

So here are the prizes for second place: I will dedicate a chapter and use your cover as a banner. I will add all of your stories to my library and vote on all chapters of any story of your choise

Here are the prizes again for first place: I will dedicate a chapter to you, promote you on that chapter, and use you cover as a banner. I will also add all your story to my library, vote on all chapters of all your stories, and leave a long review on one of your stories! I will also make you a cover/banner if you want one- you just have to PM me with the info(:

So i judged these all out of a total of 50 points. (look at the chapter with the one shot information to see what i judged on) It came so close you have no idea! I had two people on away from each other and two other people tied! Everyone's score was within 10 points of each other! If that doesn't tell you how hard this was than i dont know what will(:

Ok sorry for all the rambling but can I get a drumroll please??? (hehe) Here are our winners!

2nd place: the_boys_heart_beat with a grand total of 40 points out of 50!

AND

1rst place: sassysmartgurl93 with a grand total of 41 points out of 50!

Congrats to the winners:-D and once again thankyou to everyone! I dont think I can ever thankyou guys enough! You all did amazing and this was such a hard choice!

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 11.1K 36
Alera lost her mother early in life and was raised by a strict king for a father and the many nursemaids who crossed themselves before touching her...
283 24 17
Never in her wildest dreams, she would have thought that her past trauma would greatly affect her life. Annie... Annie... Those words were like need...
358 2 22
Once upon a time lived a little princess, she was loved greatly by the King and Queen, her doting parents. The little princess was once so happy. Unt...
6.8M 248K 74
When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales. I believed in princes and princesses and knights in shining armor. I believed in forever and hap...