Scottish Beauty

By Sweetpeas

Known for their beauty, the Campbell sisters have many men vying for their hands, but as Lady Emma was the el... More

Chapter One - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Two - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Three - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Four - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Five - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Six - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Seven - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Eight - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Nine - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Ten - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Eleven - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twelve - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Thirteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Fourteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Sixteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Seventeen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Eighteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Nineteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-One - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Two - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Three - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Four - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Five - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Six - Scottish Beauty
Chaper Twenty-Seven - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Thirty - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Thirty-One - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Thirty-Two - Scottish Beauty
Epilogue - Scottish Beauty

Chapter Fifteen - Scottish Beauty

189K 4.6K 233
By Sweetpeas

Chapter Fifteen

The castle was a flurry of activity the day the entire Clan McKenna waited for had finally arrived. The day Laird Angus McKenna's heir married. Servants were rushing about, everything was to be perfect.

Extra tables in the hall were set up, bouquets of purple heather placed on each and every table. The courtyard was also set up for the villagers for a celebration and a feast. The pride of the McKenna plaid was made into linen's to cover the tables.

The smell of fresh baking bread floated throughout the castle, apples and cinnamon stewed in pots, meat had been roasting for hours. Jugs of ale and wine were placed at the tables, whisky set aside for celebrations after the feast.

No expenses were spared, it was a day of joy, a day of celebration.

"Are ye nervous?" Robert asked Andrew as he watched his brother prowl his chamber. Both ready in their formal Highland dress.

"Nae............tis more frustration, I dinna see Emma since yesterday morn," Andrew told him grinning. "Aye.....I canna wait to see Emma."

"Aye....well ye keep pacing as ye do and ye will wear out the rug. Ye still have about another hour before ye need to leave for the chapel," Robert told him taking a seat in front of the hearth. If Andrew wasn't going to sit, he might as well.

They were quiet for a bit before Robert spoke again. "Grant canne make it to the wedding?" Robert stated staring off into the flames.

"Nae.........Da received his missive yesterday. He canna get away from court, twas said King Jamie needed him there," Andrew replied a bit peeved that his youngest brother was going to miss his wedding.

Robert was shaking his head now..........."I dinna see why he stays at court. I was there for about two months and canna wait to come back to Castle McKenna."

"Ye forget Robert that Grant is much younger than us, he is also the fourth son..........plus tis many lassies at court for Grant to woo," Andrew told Robert chuckling.

"Woo?" Robert replied laughing. "Ye mean more like tussle! Nae......Grant will never woo a lass, nae Grant tis more carefree. I dinna think Grant will ever marry."

"Aye...I believe ye are right. Grant told me himself he dinna want to marry, that no lass would ever win his heart," Andrew murmured as he walked over to the side table and pour him and Robert some ale.

"Och........Lady Emma........tis never been a bonnier lass at Castle McKenna," Gillian told Emma as she helped her button up her gown.

Emma's gown was cut low in the front and in the back, the edges were scalloped for a softening effect. Her sleeves were long, tight to her elbow and then loosened to flow freely to her fingertips. The bodice was gathered down to her hips and then flared out in soft waves down to her ankles. Gillian had surprised Emma by separating some of the pearls from the strands and sewing them in an intricate pattern across the bodice. The gown suited her perfectly, it showed off her womanly curves and her peach coloured skin.

"Aye," replied Margo agreeing with Gillian as she took a brush to Emma's hair and separated the curls. "Ye said ye wanted to wear your hair down, Emma."

"Aye....twas a request by Andrew," Emma replied blushing. "But I dinna know how to use the pearls?"

"Och lass.....dinna fret, Gillian and I will string the pearls in your hair," Margo told her as she guided Emma to the stool so that they could now work on Emma's hair.

They each took a strand of hair from the side, twisted and turned until they met in the middle. Tied together and looped in-between, the pearls were place. Emma's hair was still down except for the sides which were pulled away from her face to show off her beautiful eyes.

"Tis beautiful," Emma told them both becoming misty-eyed as she viewed herself in a full length mirror. "I dinna know how to thank ye." She told them both spinning around to face them.

"Nae need to thank us, twas our pleasure," Gillian replied for both of them.

A knock on the door interrupted the women and Margo went to see who it was. Angus and Ian walked in, both in their formal Highland dress. They have come to escort Emma to the chapel. Andrew and Robert would be there already.

Emma stood nervously when they walked in and when she saw the smile on Angus's face told Emma that she pleased him.

"Emma," Angus called with a hoarse voice, "truly, tis no a bonnier lass in all the Highlands." He walked over to her then, grasped her hands and placed a loving kiss on her knuckles. "I'm so very proud that ye will become Lady McKenna today. Ye make my clan proud."

The tears were already going to start and Emma knew that she wasn't going to be able to hold them back. What Angus just said to her now made her heart swell with pride that he was honoured that she was to be the next Lady McKenna. She went up on her tiptoes and kissed her father-in-law on his cheek.

When she saw Ian was when the tears started to fall. He was holding a bouquet of flowers for her, one that he made himself. Tied with a ribbon of McKenna plaid was a posy of white heather and greens. It was simple, it was beautiful, it was her.

White heather for a bride to carry on her wedding day was considered good luck.

"Ian," Emma whispered," where ever did ye find white heather?"

He walked over to her now, smiling his secret smile............"Now if I told ye lass, twill no be a secret anymore?" Emma giggled and took the posy from him.

"I thank ye, Ian. Truly.......tis very beautiful," Emma told him wiping some tears that were falling.

"Dinna cry Emma for tis your wedding day," Ian tried to lighten up the mood. The last thing he wanted was for Emma to show up at the chapel with red eyes. "For if Andrew sees ye cry, he's surely to cry as well. " Emma laughed now, she didn't think that Andrew would ever cry.

Ian taking a serious tone now........."Ye look very beautiful. Andrew will be please." He kissed her forehead now and clasped her arm. It was time to escort Emma to the chapel.

When they stepped outside the castle doors, Emma was in awe. It was a beautiful day in the Highlands, a perfect day for a wedding. All the villagers were lined up on either side to watch the future Lady McKenna walk to the chapel to meet her groom.

Angus proudly escorting Emma, her hand in the crook of his arm with his other hand placed on top of hers. In her other hand, she held the beautiful posy that Ian had made for her. Children threw flowers petals in front of her as she walked, others murmured about how kind and beautiful Emma was.

As they approached the chapel, Emma breath caught in her throat. Andrew stood at the top of the stairs, his black hair slicked back, curling at his nape. He stood in his normal warrior stance, feet apart, hands clasped behind his back but in his formal Highland dress, he looked magnificent.

They locked gazes and the intensity of Andrew's eyes told Emma that he was very pleased with what he saw. She blushed knowing that she had made him happy.

Her eyes were so focused on Andrew that she didn't even notice the priest or Robert there as well.

When Andrew came down the stairs to greet her, Angus released her hand and placed it into Andrews. Andrews brushed his lips ever so softly across her knuckles and gazed into those violet eyes that have been haunting him in his dreams . "Tis no a word to describe how beautiful ye are to me Emma," Andrew told her choking up. "Aye...........ye are so very lovely, I canna take my eyes from ye."

Andrew's emotion startled Emma, for raw emotion was what she felt now......."I love ye," she whispered to him and then smiled. Andrew smiled back.

They walked up the stairs together now, Angus, Ian and Robert stood at the bottom. Clansmen and villagers came closer and surrounded them to hear their vows to be spoken.

Everyone quieted down when the priest finally spoke........

"Tis a beautiful day today.........Aye...........tis a day we all join together in watching Andrew McKenna......heir to Clan McKenna marry Lady Emma. Let's us begin," the priest recited ad he spread out his arms in welcoming.

Andrew and Emma joined hands now, entwining their fingers, binding their love for each other. Robert walked back up the steps now and handed over a ribbon of the McKenna plaid. The priest took the ribbon and wrapped it tightly around both of their hands. It was a symbol of a Hand Fasting as Emma and Andrew recite their vows to one another.

The priest nodded to Andrew first so that he could recite his vows.....

Looking at Emma now.............all the love that he could ever have for someone was shown on his face...

I, Andrew, now take ye Emma to be my wife. In the presence of God and before these witnesses I promise to be a loving, faithful and loyal husband to ye, for as long as we both shall live.

Andrew took the McKenna family ring now, placed it onto Emma's ring finger and kissed the ring.

The priest nodded at Emma now to say that it was her turn.....

Tears in her eyes, Emma reciprocated Andrew's feelings and with all the love in her heart, she recited her vows to him...

I, Emma now take ye Andrew to be my husband. In the presence of God and before these witnesses I promise to be a loving, faithful and loyal wife to you, for as long as we both shall live.

The priest now recited the traditional Hand fasting prayer.....

Now you are bound one to the other
With a tie not easy to break.
Take the time of binding
Before the final vows are made
To learn what you need to know -
To grow in wisdom and love.
That your marriage will be strong
That your love will last
In this life and beyond.

Untying the ribbon around their entwined hands, the priest pronounced them husband and wife. "Ye may kiss your bride," the priest told Andrew.

Without hesitation Andrew took that last step to remove the distance between himself and his wife. Cupping her face and placing his warm lips on hers, Andrew kissed Emma with all the love that he had for her.

The crowd erupted in cheers, hoots and calls were shouted, throats were being cleared but Andrew didn't care. The priest told him to kiss his bride and that was exactly what he was doing. A tap on his shoulder was what pulled Andrew out of the kiss and the look his Da gave him basically said...."enough....ye can have at her later."

Andrew then noticed what was in his Da's hand, grinned and took a step back. As Angus was head of Clan McKenna, it was his honour to welcome his new daughter-in-law to the family. A sash was made just for Emma of the McKenna plaid, as Angus placed it over her head, he adjust the sash to that it was placed over her heart. "Tis always worn on your left side Emma, over your heart," he whispered to her. "Welcome to the family, ye are a McKenna now, ye will always be a McKenna." The last part Angus recited loudly for all to hear.

More tears in the Emma's eyes made it hard for her to respond to Angus's gracious gift, so she nodded to him and smiled. As Angus stepped back, he placed something that Emma could not see in Andrew's hand. Andrew stepped forward now as Angus went back down to the bottom of the stairs.

Over Emma's heart and on her McKenna sash, Andrew was pinning a Luckenbooth......it was a silver brooch of two hearts entwined as one. Looking into his eyes, deep emotion was what Emma saw........."Twas my Mama's, given to her by my Da on their wedding day.......tis yours now." Emma never thought the day that she would see Andrew cry, but shed a tear he did. Emma knew that thoughts of his Mama were with him right now, wishing that she was here with them all this day.

Stepping up to wipe away his tear, Emma kissed him, reassuring him that all will be well.

Now it was Ian's turn to walk up the steps and he presented Andrew with a dirk. It was a McKenna dirk, has been in the family for many, many years. Andrew took the dirk from him, got down on bended knee and looked up at Emma. He placed the dirk at her feet for a few moments, picked it up, kissed the McKenna emblem and then handed the dirk to Emma.

"For our first born son," he proudly told her and then rose to his feet.

The ceremony now was concluded and the priest now invited all those who wished to share in the mass, to join them in the chapel. During the mass, the priest blessed the food that was brought in the chapel to represent the feast they were about to share.

As the bride and groom exited the chapel, bagpipes started to play. An old Scottish tradition, the celebrations were about to begin.

Andrew and Emma emerged from the chapel grinning from ear to ear. Clasping their hands together, Andrew pulled her towards the castle. It took them a long time before the reach the castle doors, many clansmen and villagers were waiting for them to offer their congratulations.

Finally they reached the castle doors and once more.......another tradition awaited them. A broom placed in front of the door to symbolize their home. Instead of hopping over the broom together, Andrew decided to be the gallant knight and lifted his bride up into his arms. Cheers and hoots all around as the villagers appreciated Andrew's public display of affection that he was giving his new bride.

A kiss on the lips and he stepped over the broom into Castle McKenna with Lady McKenna in his arms.

Inside close family, friends, clansmen and neighbour's of higher rank awaited the bride and groom for the first dance was theirs. A Scottish Reel it was and Emma was ecstatic that she knew the dance.

The dancing went on for hours, everyone wanting to claim a dance with the bride. Andrew never left too far from his bride's side most of the afternoon. His jealously even made a few men back away before even asking for a dance with his bride. Aye...she was his and his alone.

When it came time for the feast, Emma was already exhausted but famished. The bride and groom shared a trencher and Andrew cut the best pieces of meat for his bride and then fed them to her. The food was delicious, a large enough bounty to feed the castle for several days. Wine and ale flowed, the music started up again as the crowd cheered for the bride and groom to dance once more.

As Andrew led his bride once more to the dance floor, he was overjoyed at the love that shone in her eyes. His bonny bride, she only had eyes for him.

Ian claimed the next dance, then Robert, then Angus...........after those three, Andrew went to claim his bride once more. He was tired of sharing, she would be his for the rest of the night.

Desserts were being put out, Emma's apples, sugar figs, fruit and cakes. Andrew took a large bowl of stewed apples for Emma for he knew how much she loved apples.

"Mmmm...." Emma murmured as Andrew fed her. "Tis delicious," she said as she licked her lips. Andrew grinned, she enjoyed eating and he loved watching her. Placing another spoonful by her lips, he teased her. As she opened her mouth, he's pull the spoon away and she'd pout.

Emma leaned forward now as she giggled and tried to chase the spoon. As she leaned forward, she placed her hand on Andrew's thigh to balance herself. He finally decided she had enough teasing and placed the spoonful of apples into her mouth.

Juices dribbled down the side, Emma went to wipe it away with a linen square but Andrew beat her to it. Using his index finger he wiped up the juice and by instinct he placed his finger into her mouth. When Emma curled her tongue around his finger and the palm of her hand crept slowly up the inside of his kilt, he knew it was time for them to leave.

Desire was clearly written in her eyes, his was in his groin and if he didn't move her hand, he wouldn't be able to walk out of the hall. Removing her hand and kissing her palm............."Do ye know about your about lass?" Andrew asked her swirling his tongue on her palm sending shivers up and down her spine.

"Aye......I do," she whispered back licking her lips in anticipation to what was to come.

Andrew jumped out of his seat, his decision made quickly........scooped Emma up into his arms and darted out of the hall. They didn't go unnoticed though for the hoots, cheers and offers of assistance followed them up the staircase, down the corridor and up the next set of steps leading towards the third tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So.......they are finally married..................yay!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 63 33
Alora Abbott survived Fifth Year relatively unscathed, but she can't say the same for Sebastian Sallow, who spent the first two weeks of summer pieci...
1.4M 61K 41
Since being liberated from the Romans, the hatred has shifted towards the Highlanders of the North. Her father swore that not one of his children wou...
478K 13.7K 13
It must have been a goddess. That he was sure of. In the middle of those dark ashes, a body was laid down, wrapped in a cape that must have been gree...
5.9K 366 26
Davina Knight's life changed the moment she witnessed her brother murder their own father. Left for dead in the Scottish Highlands, where she was dis...