I love HER ✔️ (COMPLETED)

By Moonlit-figure02

COMPLETED • ADDICTIVE ROMANCE • ACTION • UNASHAMEDLY CLICHÉ • TEEN FIC • *** The forest grows darker as a sil... More

Introduction & Character List
[1] Creep
[2] There is More Than One
[3] Love Notes
[4] Date pt 1: Three Dates in one Evening
[5] Date pt 2: Its all up to Me
[6] I've Never Seen You Laugh
[7] Messing With Fire
[8] Playing With the player
[9] Make Up, Make Out
[10] I'm So Popular
[11] This is the part where you run...
[13] pt.2: Curiosity Kills Even the Best of People
[14] Shockwaves
[15] Chicken run
[16] Banging Blacksuits
[17] Sneakers
[18] Truth be lies
[19] *sings* Who's that sexy thing, standing over there...
[20] liar, liar, pants on fire
[21] If only he was Romeo...
[22] *sings 5sos* Kiss me, kiss me
[23] The Moments We Miss
[24] *beiber enters* "I thought you'd always be mine...."
[25] The Other (wo)man
[26] You're Hot and You're Cold
[27] What are we?
[28] Part of the Family Now
[29] Change
[30] A Fractured Heart
[31] Fight fight fight
[32] Valentines Day?
[33] Forget Me, Loose Me
[34] Abducted
Epilogue
Bonus: [1.5] How Hayley Knows Foster
Bonus: [3.5] alternate ending
Other books

[12] pt.1: Complications and Explanations

2.3K 110 2
By Moonlit-figure02

I thought that you deserved another chapter...

Thank you for reading so far, please vote and comment! :)

xo

***

Thump. "Bitch!"

Erm, what was that?

Thump, thump. "I'm not Prince Charming so stop being Repunzel."

It's the middle of the night, what could Mace want?

I open my window to see him throwing stones from his backyard. "Mace! What the hell are you doing?" I yell.

He doesn't show any of his usual jokey personality and just crosses his arms. "Come down."

"I am in my pyjamas so I am not going to just 'come down' because you're telling me to." I say stubbornly.

"I need to explain." Mace speaks sternly and I immediately know what he's talking about – that weird man from yesterday.

"I'm coming." I give him a tight-lipped smile and close the window.

After slipping into my converse and grey hoodie, I clamber downstairs and head outside. I climb the tree and manage to jump into my neighbour's backyard.

Once I land, Mace gives me a hard look. "Okay, so when I told you about my family last time, I didn't tell you the whole truth."

I take a seat beside him on his hammock. "You don't have to tell me." I smile kindly but I actually do really want to hear what he has to say.

"No it's fine. So when I said my parents died, they actually just left and I needed family to take me in. I only really had my grandparents and then an uncle. Now my uncle didn't know me that well so he came to stay for a week to get to know me. In that time, I had Zeke over and I would play with him like normal little boys would."

"You knew Zeke before you moved here?" I ask, surprised that he hadn't mentioned it before.

Mace nods. "And I didn't move here, I just moved back." He smiles tightly. "So as I was saying, my uncle came to stay but by then I was a naughty child and didn't listen to adults. Rumours had been spread that Zeke and I were once caught smoking or something behind some sheds at school and so my Uncle decided not to take me in. For a while I was annoyed at Zeke, feeling that it was his fault for getting me into such bad habits. So I finished the year of school until I was spotted by a modelling agency and was offered a job in Italy which I obviously took." He explains. "That man—"

"—was your Uncle?" I finish for him and he nods. "What did he want?"

"He was offering me a job in his company but as soon as he saw the rest of the guys he assumed that I hadn't changed from when I was younger. He gave me his number though, just to 'keep in touch'." Mace looks down. "He's leaving tomorrow, so you won't have to put up with him at all. There is no need to worry."

Aww, I never knew he could be so thoughtful.

Unless Zeke had told him or something.

"Thank you." I say and rest my head on his shoulder. "For telling me and trusting me. Do you know anything about The Blacksuits?" I raise an eyebrow, sure that Zeke will have told him about what happened with the strange figures who attacked us a few days ago.

Mace tenses, and I know that I've hit home. "Zeke will explain."

"Oh." I nod and then shrug off the disappointment. Zeke will tell me eventually. When it's safe. When it's right. "And I really am sorry, Mace."

He frowns. "What for?"

I look up at him regretfully. "Everything."

*^*^*

"Hayley, this is Kevin." My mom speaks hesitantly whilst biting her lip, waiting for my reaction.

But what can I say?

Somehow, he ticks all the boxes.

Caring- could look after my mom, Charlie and me. Check.

Good looking- for my mom's sake. Check.

Actually has a job- could care for us financially rather than depend on my mum's job. Check.

So on the whole, he seems alright.

"Hey Kevin." I say confidently and give my mum a reassuring smile. "It's nice to meet you. So you're the man who my mom met on her blind date?"

"Yep, that's me." He says in a deep voice and gives me a kind smile. "And you're Hayley. I've heard a lot about you."

I hate it when adults say that. What exactly have they heard?

"Is that a good or a bad thing?" I frown and ready my death stare for my mother.

Kevin is quick to correct himself. "A good thing don't worry. Now I better be off, I've got lots of teenagers clogging up my in-tray."

I frown but my mom just smiles. "See you next time." She waves goodbye.

Erm, what next time?

My mum had just come back from a second date and now there's gonna be another? Must be going well...

I wave good bye to Kevin too and then turn to my mother who is smiling like she just saw Tom Cruise without a shirt.

"Mum!" I say and wave my hand frantically in her face to get her attention.

She coughs. "So um... How do you like Kevin?"

"He seems alright. What did he mean with the 'teenagers in my in-tray' thing?"

My mum smiles. "He's a counceller at a school nearby. He has to solve all sorts of problems."

"Huh." I nod but my frown doesn't budge.

There's something in my brain that's bugging me that I know him. I don't know why, it's just a feeling.

A negative thought inside of me is telling me that I don't like him for some reason.

*^*^*

"I'm coming to yours tonight, right?" A whisper blows the back of my neck and I almost think it's Dillon since he asked me out a few days ago.

My eyes narrow and turn to look at an innocent Zeke. "Since when?"

"Er– since for ages now." He says in a 'duh' tone. "Don't act like you don't want me to." He moves closer.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah right."

"Come on, I said that I would join you for one of those movie night things." He shrugs and flashes me his cute boyish half smile.

How can I say no to that?

"Fine..." I try to hide my smile. "But don't be late."

Zeke grins. "Wasn't planning on it."

*^*^*

Later that day I get ready for our movie night, which involves my large film collection, about five packets of popcorn and three crates of chocolate.

I wasn't sure whether it was enough...

Zeke arrives exactly on time and rings the doorbell about ten times, which confirms that he has probably broken it. I open the door to see a really hot guy leaning against a wall.

Who is he and what has he done with Zeke Westley?

"May I help you?" I ask with a smile.

He smirks. "I've got a delivery."

Opening the door wider, I gesture for him to come closer. "You can just leave it on the porch then. What is it?"

Zeke smirks. "Me." He states, making a blush tempt my cheeks. "But I don't think special deliveries can survive staying outside."

I roll my eyes. "You better come in then."

And so, the gorgeous boy enters my tiny house and strips off his jacket, before making his way to my room.

God, I'm dreaming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 1.1K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
18.1M 431K 65
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲 𝐭...
16.6M 310K 26
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his spearmint breath fanning across my face. My breathing got caught in my throat as he lowered his m...
8K 652 31
"What's sexier than a bad boy?" He spontaneously asks as he stares at me with his cold grey eyes. I shrug with my shoulders. "I don't know." A smal...