Wanting Officer Barkley

By PoisonGirl

Meet Officer Dylan Barkley, PA's finest cop, and also the best looking. What people don't know about him is t... More

Wanting Officer Barkley
Chapter One
:-) Chapter Two...
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five . . .
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two . . .
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen

1.8K 69 2
By PoisonGirl

Chapter 17

Riley's POV

I was moving, but my body wasn't. I tried to open my eyes but the florescent lights caused them to close. I gasped for air.

"Riley? Riley? Can you hear me?"

My eyes were forced opened and a light was shined in them.

"Riley?" My words came out yet again as gasps.

"Okay, Miss Smith. You are at Miner's hospital we are taking you into the OR right now. We need you to relax."

If I could I would of given this guy the finger, but the pain and stress in my body prevented me from even rolling my eyes. I felt a pinch in my arm and I was quickly thrown into a deep sleep.

-------------------------

Dylan's POV

I fell to my knees as I took in the sight before me. My truck was not only upside down but it was crushed on the driver's side. Smoke was coming from every angle. I stood up and tried to run but a man pushed me back just as my truck exploded into flames.

"RILEY!" I screamed as my head began to spin.

"Sir, sir, we need you to calm down." Calm down? Calm down? The girl that I was in love with was in that car and  . . . dead.

"Riley, oh God Riley." I sobbed like a baby.

"Officer Barkley, Miss Smith wasn't in the car." I shot my head up faster than a bullet.

"What?"

"She wasn't in the car." I got off of my knees and grabbed the man by the shoulders.

"Where. Is. She?"

"Ambulance took her to Miner's hospital sir." I pushed the man aside and started running towards the hospital that was about twenty miles away from here.

"Barkley!" I heard someone bark my name and I stopped and saw that it was the chief of police.

"Sir, I have to go, I need to-"

"Enough Barkley, I know your situation, I have someone who wants to speak to you. They are waiting for you at the hospital." I nodded, "Here!" He said and threw me a pair of keys.

"You don't plan on running do you?" He said with a smirk.

I didn't have time to thank him, instead I ran for the police car, turned on the sirens, and was out of there faster than a bat out of hell.

I was at the hospital quicker than what I thought was possible and ran in only to be met by my partner and two brothers.

"What are you doing here?" I asked surprised. I hadn't called them and hadn't even let them know the situation.

"The boss called, told me what was going on and then I called them." Duke said and nodded his head to my brothers.

"Well, have you heard anything? Is she okay?" I said in a panic.

Duke grabbed me by my shoulders and sat me down on one of the waiting room chairs.

"You need to calm down man. You're shaking." I looked at my hands and noticed that they were shaking like crazy.

"Riley, is she?" I couldn't speak the words but death was definitely on my mind.

"She's in the O.R. right now. They won't tell me anything. You have to be family." I shook my head and rubbed the palms of my hands roughly on my face.

"God, if I wasn't such a idiot then she wouldn't be here right now!"

"Bro, you got to calm down and stop blaming yourself." Dean said and put a supporting hand on my shoulder.

"I have to tell you something  Dylan." Duke suddenly said and I looked at him surprised and honestly a little scared.

"What?"

"There's a man here, he got Riley after the crash. I think you need to hear what he has to say." I felt my forehead crinkle and the confusion over take my brain.

"Where is he?" I watched as Duke nodded in Derek's direction before I watched Derek leave.

"What's going on!" I exclaimed.

"I think I can explain." I heard a small voice say, and when I looked up I saw a man dressed in all black covered in blood, but it wasn't his. I got up faster than I though possible and grabbed the man by the collar and pushed him up against the wall.

"You have two seconds to tell me who you are before I rip your throat out."

"Dylan, dude, calm down." I heard Duke try to calm me but my ears were ringing from anger.

"Answer me!" I growled out.

"I was hired to watch over Riley, to protect her from the man who's after her." He chocked out as my grip tightened.

I slowly let him down. "Who hired you?"

"Riley's mother."

"Riley's mother is in a coma.  Explain now." He shook his head. "I'm not waiting any longer."

"She knew someone was after her and Riley. She hired me a week before she was put in the coma. It was no accident or some unexplained medical phenomena. Someone put her in that coma."

"Who? Who are you protecting Riley from and who put her mother in the coma then?" I watched him take a deep breath in and slowly release it.

"Riley's mother was dating a man after her and her husband divorced. The man became obsessed over Riley. Attacked her when she was little. Her mother called the police, he was put in prison, end of story. He was released around the time Riley's mother was in the coma. I think he was involved. No, I know he was involved."

I walked away and forced myself not to punch the wall even though my body wanted it more than anything.

"Who is the bastard?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"His name is Blaine Daniels." I heard the man say.

"Do you have files and records on him-" I paused as I realized I didn't get his name.

"J.D." He answered and then added, "I have files on him, but there's not much. He's never been in prison until he attacked Riley." I nodded and began to think like an officer instead of a lunatic boyfriend.

"I want everything you have on the bastard, and I mean everything." J.D. nodded and left the waiting room.

I jumped when someone put there hand on my shoulder when I looked I saw that it was Duke.

"You okay, man?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No." Was all I said and I heard him sigh.

"Are you well enough to talk to the doctor?" He asked and I looked at him with wide eyes. "He's waiting for you, man." I nodded and walked away to a doctor wearing blue scrubs that were covered in blood. It made my heart stop.

"Doc, how is she?" I asked and I watched as he rubbed a hand over his face.

"She's worse than the last time you were here, that's for sure. She has a punctured lung due to one of her four broken ribs. She has a severe concussion, a broken wrist, and she was cut up pretty badly." I gritted my teeth and in my head vowed to kill the bastard with my own two hands.

"Is she awake?" I asked and he hesitated but nodded.

"She should be passed out from all the pain, but she's fighting it. Right now we are giving her some medicine for pain, and she's on an oxygen tank." He informed me.

"Can I see her?" I asked hopefully.

"I wouldn't usually let visitors in at this time, but she's requesting you. She won't relax, and she keeps crying." That's all he had to say and I was on my way. I checked every room until I finally found her. She looked so frail and fragile, I didn't want to touch her.

She was wrapped up in gauze covering her cuts, an I.V. was in her arm, and she was hooked up to an oxygen tank to help her breathe as she hyperventilated through her sobs.

"Riley?" I called out and when she saw me she stopped crying. She tried to say my name but gasped in pain.

"It's okay baby, it's okay." I said and made my way next to her bed and grabbed her unhurt wrist. "Listen to me Riley, I need you to get some rest, you're really hurt, baby." She looked at me with pleading eyes. "Riley, listen to me, just this once, get some rest. I'll be right here when you wake up, okay?" she nodded slowly and relaxed against her pillows just as a nurse came in.

"Hi honey I'm here to give you some medicine." She said and Riley looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"C'mon Riley, relax, just for me." She relaxed and let the nurse inject the medicine in her I.V. within minutes her eyes were closing and she was in a deep sleep.

"She'll be out for awhile, if you want to make yourself comfortable." The nurse said kindly before leaving.

After she left I looked over Riley and paid attention to every bruise, scratch, and broken bones, just so I knew exactly how I was going to get the son of a bitch back. And let me tell you he was definitely going to pay, and I was going to do it with my bare hands.

A/n Hey guys hope you had the greatest holiday ever! I have some news too! I decided that I will make a sequel to this book about one of the Barkley brothers so please tell me below who you would like to hear about next Dean or Derek anyway here is your chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312K 8.3K 41
(NEEDS TO BE BULLDOZED AND EDITED THE HELL OUT) In other words, read at your own risk because I was 16 and wrote this with my eyes closed obviously. ...
13M 176K 26
Kalise is always surrounded by a bunch of kids. A bunch of evil little monsters that is. She's been a babysitter for the last few years, and hates ev...
156K 4.5K 119
Michael Afton has never had very much money, since his family passed away he's been scraping by living alone. Having to provide for the house, Michae...
79.9K 2.7K 20
18+ warning What's not to love about a coffee shop? Fresh roasted beans, fluffy pastries, and a girl looking for the love of her life. Not just her...