Taming The Dogs

By jazmennn_

This is not your typical love story. This isn't a regular college book. These aren't your average dogs. Can K... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty- Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty- six
Twenty- Seven
Twenty- Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty- Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty- Five
Thirty- Six
Thirty- Seven
Thirty- Eight
Thirty- Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty- Two
Forty- Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty- Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty- Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Hey hey
Fifty-Two
Fifty- Three
Bonus Chapter
Epilogue
Chapter...55

Training The Pups (snippet)

95.6K 3.5K 3.8K
By jazmennn_

Chapter 1: Getting acquainted.

Royalty

Time definitely flew by and I was no longer the baby of the family. Everyone had kids out the wood work and I was glad I had a place of my own. I loved my dad along with my aunts and uncles, but it felt good to have my space.

I was in and out of college because I honestly couldn't stick to a major to save my life. My dad said as long as I was in school he'd take care of me so I'd be in school forever.

Between my Dad, my uncles, Ashlyn, and King I had my work cut out for me. It was hard to date publicly with them so I did it in secret.

Turning over in the bed I tossed my hair out of my face. I could hear the shower running which meant Preston hadn't left yet. Preston was this guy I'd been seeing for a couple of months now.

Hearing the water stop I watched the door waiting for him to come out. Something about that man turned me on. He wasn't usually what I went for, but he was gorgeous and highly convincing.

"Morning beautiful." He said coming out the restroom with one of my pink towels draped around his waist.

Smiling at him I yawned while covering my mouth. Standing up I walked into his open arms taking in the scent of my shampoo that he'd used to wash his hair.

"Morning. You smell all citrusy." I joked letting him kiss my forehead before breaking away from the hug so I could brush my teeth.

"I used your shampoo. I hope you don't mind." He called out as he removed his towel and stepped into his boxers.

Watching him through the mirror I smirked a little before rinsing.

"So when do I get to meet your parents? You don't talk much about them. I'm starting to think you're ashamed of me."

Furrowing my brows I tried to find the best way to explain that I didn't have the traditional family. He didn't just have to meet my dad and step mom. He had to meet everybody.

"Umm see the thing is it's not that simple. I have like two dads and three uncles that aren't really friendly. Then they've bred mini versions of them and it's a mess. Plus our age difference is a red flag along with your type. They'll eat you alive."

Laughing Preston pulled me toward him so that I was on his lap. "You talk like they're animals or something."

"They are." I mumbled.

Lifting my head he kissed my lips.

"It'll be fine. You're 22 and I'm 28. We're both grown love. We know right from wrong I'm sure your dad will understand. And what do you mean by my type?" He questioned lifting his brow.

Biting at my lip I tried to find the best way to say it without offending him.

"You know... white." I said causing him to frown a little before cracking an amused smile.

"You worry too much. I'm sure it'll be fine. Plus my mom loved you and you're you know... black." He joked causing me to lightly punch his chest.

"I'm kidding. I do think it'll be fine though. Set it up love. I'm a big boy I can handle your folks." He said confidently before instructing me to get up so he could finish getting ready for work.

"If you say so." I mumbled before dramatically falling back onto my bed letting out a huge sigh.

He may have been ready but I damn sure wasn't.

***

"So let me get this straight..." Boss said as he pushed me in the basket as if I was a child. "He want to meet yo pops that don't even know you dating?"

Nodding my head yes I groaned. I'd made a bigger mess than needed be.

"Yea that's not even gone fly and you know it. First off yo daddy is hell but all our daddies is like hell 2.0. You definitely T'd up on this one." He said grabbing the things off the list for his mom.

Ashton and Rajah moved to California when Ryan turned one. They claimed they were lonely in Atlanta not to mention Ash got a better paying gig so they packed up.

It was safe to say that although we differed in age by a couple years with me being the oldest I still held a close relationship with all the kids. Ashlyn or Boss as he liked to be called was who I found myself closest to. He was legit my best friend. Although he was young he had a very mature insight on certain things that truly came in handy.

"I knowww but I like him that should be all that matters." I pouted.

"Well unfortunately it ain't in our family. That nigga white as hell and pushing thirty. I wanna be at yo funeral and his." Boss laughed.

"It's not funny."

"It is but I got a solution."

"I'm listening." I said perking up for this idea he had.

"Break up with the loser and get with me." He said leaning over the basket and licking his juicy pink lips.

Rolling my eyes I pushed him back. "You play too much."

"Yea ok keep thinking it's a game." He said dropping the conversation and pushing the basket toward the front. "RYAN COME YO ASS ON BEFORE YOU GET LEFT." He shouted making me cover my ears.

"So ghetto." I said shaking my head while scrolling through my phone.

"Says the one who forced her big ass in this basket."

"So you admit my ass is getting bigger?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows and smirking.

"Fuck outta here." He laughed mushing my head.

As we checked out Ryan finally made her way to the front with a basket full of junk of her own that wasn't on Rajah's list.

"Yea... no put that shit back." Boss said not even giving her a chance.

Sucking her teeth she mugged him. "Always tryna be somebody daddy. Would've swore your name was Ashton." Ryan sassed him as usual.

"It's pretty close to it. Put it back." Boss said loading the stuff on the conveyer belt.

"Ok I'll just call daddy and ask him." She smirked pulling out her phone causing him to blow out a heavy breath and snatch the stuff up out her basket so he could pay for it.

The two of them were like day and night. One minute they were at each other's necks and the next they were best friends. It was honestly amusing to watch.

"Y'all are funny." I said as we exited the store.

"No she just annoying." Boss said looking irritated as he unlocked the car doors.

Ryan stuck her tongue out making faces at him while his back was turned.

"Ry when is Bailee coming down for the summer?" I asked leaning into the basket where she had her feet propped up.

"I don't know Delly said they may rent out the beach house again this year and come down together. I know they want to spend time with her before she stays permanently for college. But you never know they just be popping up. Probably at the house right now." She said as I nodded in agreement.

One thing we were all good for was popping up. They took that family shit to the extreme. We couldn't get away with shit. It didn't matter who house we was at or if our parents were there or not. If one caught you acting out the whooping came with it.

As much as I enjoyed hanging with them I had to get back home so I could pick up Heiress from dance practice. My daddy and Aziza thought I was their personal slave when it came to their child.

I loved my little sister I did but she was seven years of pain in my ass.

***

King

"Are you sure your mom isn't going to come up here?" Asia asked me as we were chilling in my room.

Since my mama didn't believe I was dating or having sex I had to keep that facade up for baby girl. Therefore I snuck broads in and snuck them out.

My pops was cool on it but my mama was nothing for it. She said little girls corrupted her baby and made babies. The lady was crazy, but I could understand why. I was her baby boy. Handsome young nigga with a future and a good head on his shoulders.

"Didn't I tell you she wasn't. She not even worried about me. The twins down there giving her hell. We good." I assured her pulling her down on the bed with me.

Asia was this girl I was talking to for the moment. She had these big brown eyes and some full lips. She looked like she could suck a nigga soul up out him.

"Y'all have a really nice house. Your dads the one that owns that restaurant in Hollywood named after your mom right?" Asia asked playing in my hair.

Nodding my head with my eyes closed I slipped my hand under her shit. "Yea my pops be on some romantic shit. I wanna be like them one day honestly. If she can't live up to my mama then I don't want her."

"You look up to her a lot I see."

"Shit I better. I'll give my last breath for my mama and that's on me." I said seriously. "She carry everybody on her back and never once complain. Give her all to make sure everybody good and won't eat until everybody else mouth is fed. A selfless woman who give her all for her family. Gotta respect that."

My mama meant everything to me. It was safe to say that she was the reason I got my way because my daddy was a no bullshit tolerated ass nigga. He didn't play around when it came to certain shit. He was just tough but it came from a good place.

"She sounds like something special." Asia said lowly.

I wasn't sure if she was being serious or sarcastic but I let her make it.

Hearing little feet running down the hall I sucked my teeth. I loved my sisters, but they ran me ragged.

"King! King! Mama said open up this door." I heard Keymonii yell as she banged on the door.

"Yea she said let us in or else.!" Keyonni cosigned sounding just like my mama.

Sighing I rubbed my bare chest before standing up. I knew if I didn't open the door they would go get my mama and I'd have hell to pay if she came up here.

"Hold on y'all." I said looking for a shirt to put on while I instructed Asia to get in the closet until they left.

Finally getting situated I opened the door letting the four year old pests snoop around.

Not finding any incriminating evidence after their brief search they squinted their eyes at me.

"We didn't get so lucky today. But we got our eyes on you mister." Keymonni said before pulling her sister out behind her.+

"MAMA WE DIDN'T FIND NOTHING. HIM NOT BEING BAD THIS TIME!" They yelled as I closed and locked the door.

Letting out a sigh I opened the closet for Asia to come out.

Laying back on my bed I sucked my teeth. "Can't wait to get out this bitch."

"They're cute." Asia laughed tossing up my basketball.

"They're annoying." I huffed.

Laughing she shook her head as I heard the knob on my door jiggle before the lock turned and I jumped up.

"Look at y'all up here being grown but scared of little ole Key. Who's the ratchet?" Bailee said walking into my room after popping the lock.

Sucking my teeth I mugged her as Asia looked spooked. She definitely had to go. Too many people were here. It wouldn't be long before we had a full house.

"When the hell you get here?" I asked Bailee trying to see if she broke my damn lock.

"We just got in. Your dad picked us up from the airport. Don't you miss me?" She cooed giving me a big hug and kissing my face ignoring Asia's presence.

"Chill." I laughed wiping her kisses off. "My bad Asia this my twin Bailee. Bailee this my friend Asia."

"Hey."'Asia waved.

"Hmm." Bailee said turning up her nose. "I'll be downstairs. Yo mama was about to do laundry so you might wanna take out the trash." She said before leaving the room and closing my door behind her.

"Well she seems nice. I can tell she likes me already." Asia said sarcastically while slipping on her shoes.

"Bailee cool people she just don't do well with people she don't know. Plus we real close so she protective over me." I said honestly.

"Well she needs to chill. Put yo dog on a leash."

"Where yo collar?" I asked as I tried to sneak her down the stairs.

When I did reach the bottom I made sure nobody was in the front room before pushing Asia toward the door. Just my luck we were greeted by my dad on the porch smoking a blunt like he wasn't too old for that shit.

Sucking my teeth I closed the front door behind us before waiting on him to say something.

Furrowing his brows he looked at Asia before looking at me.

"You must be King's dad. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr.Alsina I'm Asia." She said extending her hand and grinning at him like a fool.

I hated when females met him. His slick rick ass always had them foaming out the mouth. If my mama was out here she woulda slapped Asia into next week with the way she was looking at him.

"It's nice ta' meet you too young lady." My pops said shaking her hand before turning his attention to me. "Wassup? Yo mama know she was in dea'?" He asked lifting his eyebrow.

Shaking my head no I gave Asia the keys to my car so I could talk to him real quick. If he embarrassed me in front of her I would've been too heated.

"You not gone tell her right?"

Laughing he put his hand on my shoulder shaking his head. "If I know my wife like I know my wife den she already know. Take her home den bring yo ass home. And if she do ask I don't know shit and I neva' met lil Africa you heard me?"

"Yea I heard you. Good looking out."

"Boy fuck you ain't nobody lookin' out fa' yo ugly ass. I'm lookin' out fa' me. I like my bed." He said causing me to laugh and shake my head.

"But we look alike though." I called out from over my shoulder approaching my car.

"Fuck no." He laughed wiping off his feet before going into the house.

Asia lived about ten minutes away from my house so it wouldn't take long to drop her off and get back home before I was missed.

----------

I just need to make sure y'all like this before I go into a whole book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 236 22
You had to go to a new school, but since it was far you had to find a apartment. Your mum helped you and you found one but only thing is you have a r...
13.7M 246K 86
**completed** HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 IN FICTION #1 IN SLOWBURN #1 IN COLLEGE Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxiou...
2.3M 112K 39
- Canines are born of the pack - 'What the public doesn't know makes the world safer.' That is the saying of the supernatural underworld. Creatures o...
759 16 13
Emily didn't know when exactly she fell in love with JJ. Maybe it was: *JJ placed a hand on her arm. "Let it go, Em," she said quietly. "It's not wor...