Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 35

311 53 0
By HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 35

After parking my car right in front of the Art World store, I looked through the window to see if Adam was there. Luckily, I see the figure standing behind the counter and attending to a girl in blonde hair and shorts. I couldn't see her face because she was backing me, so all I could see was a long blonde hair and blue shorts.

I waited a little but the girl didn't seem to move and she looked like she was... Flirting. Gradually my temper started rising while I looked at them through the window.

You're jealous Naomi.

I sighed as that silly thought came over me. Yes I was jealous that someone, who was definitely prettier than me, was flirting around with Adam while I was not around.

What if this happens every Tuesday when I don't get to see him?

I couldn't sit any longer. I unlocked the doors and hopped out of the car immediately.

Silently, I walked into the Art World store when suddenly Adam, who was grinning at the blonde girl, looked up and caught my eyes. His expression changed from a grinning Adam to a surprised smirked.

"Hey Naomi!" He opened his hands. "What a pleasant surprise."

The blonde girl turned around and looked at me. She was plainly beautiful with her pointed nose and thin lips. She had a lot of mascara and eyeliner on which probably increased to her beauty. She wore a long pink IVY PARK sweater over the blue shorts. The moment she saw me, her expression was one of disgust. Yeah I know I have an ugly skin but you don't have to make it that obvious.

I kept my face straight and just waved at Adam in an awkward way while standing by the entrance door.

"Who's she?" The blondie asked Adam who was still looking at me with the same surprised smirk expression.

"My favorite person in the world." He whispered loudly close to her ear so that I could hear.

"What about me?" She looked at him and played with her hair.

I scoffed.

"Well you're just... you." He stood back up and still looked at my direction without looking at the blondie.

Way to go Adam.

I snickered as her expression turned to an annoyed one as she rolled her eyes before making her way to leave. When she got to where I was standing to leave, she looked at me and sneered before walking out of the door.

"That was a good one." I snorted at Adam the moment the door was shut.

"Well it's not the first time a girl walks into this store to sound all tasty." He cleared his throat.

I felt a slight sense of jealousy fall over me. Well wasn't it the worlds most gorgeous Adam right here.

"What brings you here today?" He asked. "Surprised you showed up."

"I came to see you." I said while walking towards the counter.

"I'm here." He leaned on the counter and grinned. "Been missing me baby girl?"

"No." I scoffed. "Maybe we should take a sit and talk."

He stopped grinning when I said the word 'talk' and stood up straight.

"Is something wrong?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Nah it's no big deal."

His eyebrows were still furrowed at me while he walked out of the counter and came to stand infront of me.

"Well if you want to talk, we can take a sit on one of the stools beside the posters over there." He pointed to the other end of the room which had large painted pictures by the shelves.

"Sure." I nodded my head and followed him behind while we walked up to the three stools by the posters and sat on them. Neither of us said anything while we just sat there in silence.

"Does this talk have to do with me?" He asked curiously looking at me.

"Yeah." I nodded. "And your school."

His face was expressionless as he stared at me and waited for me to start asking.

"The question is... Why havnt I ever seen you in a school uniform?" I asked.

Adam looked at me as if he was expecting me to ask another more 'reasonable' question and stop joking around.

"Can you like get to the question?" He said.

"That's the question." My eyes looked around before looking back at him.

He stared at me like I was some kind of idiot and this made me feel stupid for actually asking such a stupid question. Next thing I know, he starts laughing.

I looked at him laughing and it was really one of the best things to look at. I like the way he held his hands close to his mouth while he laughed. I like the way the end of his lips did a really dip curl and brought out those beautiful white teeth. I felt good that I was the one who actually brought this expression to him.

But wait. Isn't this supposed to be a serious situation?

I cut myself from checking him out and sighed.

"Yeah I know it's a stupid question." I rolled my eyes.

"No it's not. Why is it so much of a big deal to you?" He calmed down his laughter.

He's right. Why was it so much of a big deal to me to come all the way to his work place just to ask that question?

"Maybe because I thought you were lying about your school."

He stopped smiling when I said that and looked away.

"Why would I lie to you about my school? Or you think I'm too dumb to go to Richard baker?"

"No!" I jumped and looked at him. "You're not dumb a single bit. I just don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry."

I looked away and felt really annoyed with my stupid self. Maybe I should ask more relevant questions next time.

A little silence fell, making me more uncomfortable at the moment. I didn't want to look at Adam after making him look like a liar. Maybe it's best I should leave.

Before thinking of standing up, I felt Adam's hand slid into mine on top of my laps. This caused me to turn around and look at him. His eyes were looking down at our hands as his face was still expressionless. My heart started beating fast as the silence wasn't doing justice with the situation at the moment.

"Sorry for getting a bit annoyed." He said still looking down. "I just really wish you could trust me sometimes."

"I do trust you Adam. Sometimes I just think out of the line."

"I get what you mean." He looked at me. "But I'm not a liar and I can promise you that."

I nodded my head and gave him a small smile. I trust you Adam.

"I-"

He was cut by a beeping noise on his phone in his pocket. He removed his hand from mine and took out the phone from his right pocket and looked at the screen. I didn't dare to look at the screen because I knew none of this was my business.

I studied his expression while he read the message on his phone screen. His eyebrows were furrowed together and he didn't look happy a single bit.

He locked his phone and sighed before turning to look at me.

"Bad news?" I asked.

"No." He shook his head. "It's my dad."

"Thought so." I snorted.

"This is not what you think."

I looked at him to say more.

"I wish I told you this earlier." He started making me get more curious. "My dad is getting married."

I didn't know how to react at this moment. My eyes were dead shot looking at Adam without giving a single blink.

Did he just say his dad, Mr Richardson, was getting married or my ears were at fault?

"Your dad?"

He nodded.

"Since when?"

"It's about 6 months now."

"Adam!" I jumped. "What took you so long to tell me about it? I thought we told each other everything?!"

"My apologies Naomi. It's all my fault. I just didn't like thinking about it and that's why it was hard for me to tell you about it."

I bit my lips and shook my head. 6 months! 6 good months and all these days I've been seeing Adam, he didn't say a single thing about it.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It's fine." I looked away. "When is the wedding?"

"30th March."

"That's next month!" My eyes opened and looked at Adam.

"Unfortunately." He mumbled.

"Why havnt I ever seen this new women at your house?"

"She's never around as well. Stays all the way in Belleville." He said. "But she's moving in the week before the wedding."

"So... You're going to be having a new mum? In your house? That's unbearable."

"I know! There's no way I am going to call her mum." He snorted. "She's nothing close to a mum."

"What do you mean?"

"She's quite vain. Pretends she's a good Christian woman when dad is around but outside that, she got some egos she needs to fix."

"That's strange." I scoffed. "You get to see her often?"

"A lot. Neither Anastasia nor I like her but what can we do?" He shrugged. "She's a pretty woman but she's been divorced twice."

"Twice?!" My eyes lit up. "I thought your dad should be against that since you guys are... You know, Christians."

"My dad thinks everybody makes mistakes." He shook his head. "I'm moving out of that house the day they get married."

"You can't." I chuckled.

"Yes I can. I'm moving over to aunt Stephanie's with Anastasia." He sounded so serious.

I couldn't blame him. I can't imagine what it's like to live with another woman as a mother.

"Adam!" We heard a voice which caused both of us to look over to the counter.

Standing close to the counter was a bald and round looking white man wearing the same Arts World store shirt as Adam.

"Its my manager." He said before standing up. "Stay here, will be right back."

I nodded and watched him walk over to the counter as his manager's head snapped to his direction.

They were having distinct conversation that I could barely hear. Not long after, Adam walked away from the counter and walked out of the store without any sign of argument or issues with his manager. His manager then made his way to a door behind the counter without noticing my existence in the store.

Damn right I was going to sit here forever like I was invisible.

Not long after, Adam walked back into the store with a large pink box in his hands. He dropped it on the counter table before walking back to my direction. He sat beside me and sighed.

"Looks like some serious work over there." I said.

"Not really. It's some Valentine's Day preparation." He said. "Just some heart-shaped cards and Valentine artworks."

"Looks like somebody is going to be busy this Valentine's." I scoffed trying to hide the fact that I actually want to spend the Valentines with him.

"Yeah I'm going to be really busy." He smirked. "Spending it with someone very special to me."

You don't have to tell me about it if-

"And she's sitting right beside me."

I turned to look at him staring at me. Wait was he talking about me?

"Me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes baby girl." He smiled. "Want to be my valentine?"

Surprised to hear those words, my mouth gaped open. Was Adam Richardson asking me to be his Valentine?! Was this really the first boy to ever ask me out to be his Valentine?!

I sat up and tried my best to act as normal as possible. Deep down I was more than excited. I looked at Adam who was looking at me as he was waiting for an answer. I smiled at him and said

"Yes I will be your Valentine."

________________
END OF CHAPTER 35

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
408K 10.5K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
8.3K 664 35
David has a huge, life-ruining, crush on Alyssa Harvard (who is only about one billion times out of his league). As if that wasn't enough of a proble...
1.4M 29.5K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...